Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A celrationalim works

Bernie would have won, but at what cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this is gonna end w john roberts writing the federal budget somehow

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/McDonaldsCorp/status/842363979485839360

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

What happened to Malaysian 370

Cabin depressurization ?

I though it was established that the pilot was a nutbar and flew the plan until it ran out of fuel

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Colonel J posted:

lol your prez is a fat sack of poo poo

lol just like us

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

rip that dude's job

pic before it gets deleted

https://twitter.com/McDonaldsCorp/status/842363979485839360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

I though it was established that the pilot was a nutbar and flew the plan until it ran out of fuel

That don't make no sense

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

My brother's a VA social worker and said his department was understaffed before Trump took office and maybe will be forever. But was it as a result of the hiring freeze or just because lol social workers who needs them?

I don't know your brother, obviously. I can tell you my experience with a VA social worker when I left the military. I was in the Infantry for 6 years. That job simply doesn't translate to anything in the civilian side unless I would want to join a PMC. So, I could go into labor and continue to gently caress up my already hosed up body, or try and find a desk job. I went to this social worker. She basically printed a bunch of google search results and sent me on my way. So, yeah. We don't need a hiring freeze. We need better oversight to make sure qualified individuals are really doing all they can.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Now where's the Wendy's take

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Agean90 posted:

did they toss grenades into a nursery???

it's what cops do

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/us/georgia-toddler-stun-grenade-no-indictment/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...de-near-a-baby/

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

haha wtf?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Waiting for a

"sir this is a macdonalds drive thru" clapback when he rages.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol, some social media handlers mind just broke, or they mixed up their twitter accounts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

in his first 2 months trump has managed to both do less than most presidents do in their first two weeks and somehow lock in his worst potus since reconstruction status

thats amazing

already the most ineffective pres of all time in terms of actual concrete policy

diplomatically that's a different story

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

not quite hitting that nihilist arbys angle but i like it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

I don't know your brother, obviously. I can tell you my experience with a VA social worker when I left the military. I was in the Infantry for 6 years. That job simply doesn't translate to anything in the civilian side unless I would want to join a PMC. So, I could go into labor and continue to gently caress up my already hosed up body, or try and find a desk job. I went to this social worker. She basically printed a bunch of google search results and sent me on my way. So, yeah. We don't need a hiring freeze. We need better oversight to make sure qualified individuals are really doing all they can.
Well, he spends almost all of his time out of the office driving around to people's houses, for one thing.

edit: I don't have any military experience but it sure wouldn't surprise me if in an organization like the VA there was absolutely zero consistency in anything between one office and the next one over.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 16, 2017

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

this is an outrage i am going 2 boycot mickey d 4 ever

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

What happened to Malaysian 370

Cabin depressurization ?
~Nobody knows~

could have been pilot suicide, cabin depressurisation for any number of reasons, secret shoot-down, lots of stuff.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

jBrereton posted:

Waiting for a

"sir this is a macdonalds drive thru" clapback when he rages.

lmao

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

lol, some social media handlers mind just broke, or they mixed up their twitter accounts

ya

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

man you know history will remember nccain gor his few moments of theatrical bravery in the senate instead of his lifetime of cowardice there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Finally a president that looks like real America.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jBrereton posted:

~Nobody knows~

could have been pilot suicide, cabin depressurisation for any number of reasons, secret shoot-down, lots of stuff.

Doesn't look like secret shot down since the satellite uplink worked until truly ran out

How could a plane depressions catastrophically

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, he spends almost all of his time out of the office driving around to people's houses, for one thing.

That means he is one of the good ones. At my VFW post, we had a veteran who became a VA social worker after vietnam. He bent over backwards helping his cases. He would drive them all over the place to make sure they got to their appointments, finances in order, resume was good, benefits were in order etc.

The one I dealt with, I'm pretty sure she just ran the clock out everyday.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i heard that plane landed on dharma island which then teleported to some other spacetime location

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Was this real? Did this happen? I can't tell anymore.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

My brother's a VA social worker and said his department was understaffed from before Trump took office and maybe will be forever. But was it as a result of the hiring freeze or just because lol social workers who needs them?

My wife is a social worker who has a masters degree and a clinical license and works for a (salaried) 25k/year to develop treatment programs for people with developmental disabilities. She's the strongest most genuinely good person I've ever met, and the job just destroys her because no one cares. She's got clients that would have been fine if someone 5 years ago diagnosed them with PTSD and depression instead of a developmental issue, but then 5 years of being drugged into 'compliance' and being treated as Matrix-like cash-batteries in for-profit group homes has left them as empty shells. There's one with the development of a 3 month old that's been her own guardian for 3 years since her sister died because her group home prefers her to not have advocacy. It's frustrating and enraging and it's a world I knew nothing about until I met her.

Social workers are god drat saints and we don't deserve them, and the way society is designed from the ground up to take down people like my wife just makes me want to grab an AK sometimes.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Doesn't look like secret shot down since the satellite uplink worked until truly ran out

How could a plane depressions catastrophically
Micrometeorite screeches through the atmosphere and tears a hole in the fuselage, see famous dead greek Aeschylus who died in a similar way with a similar "turtle on head" coverup

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

man you know history will remember nccain gor his few moments of theatrical bravery in the senate instead of his lifetime of cowardice there

mccain will only be remembered as the guy who legitimized the tea party lol

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/NateGoldman/status/842369010972938240

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

My wife is a social worker who has a masters degree and a clinical license and works for a (salaried) 25k/year to develop treatment programs for people with developmental disabilities. She's the strongest most genuinely good person I've ever met, and the job just destroys her because no one cares. She's got clients that would have been fine if someone 5 years ago diagnosed them with PTSD and depression instead of a developmental issue, but then 5 years of being drugged into 'compliance' and being treated as Matrix-like cash-batteries in for-profit group homes has left them as empty shells. There's one with the development of a 3 month old that's been her own guardian for 3 years since her sister died because her group home prefers her to not have advocacy. It's frustrating and enraging and it's a world I knew nothing about until I met her.

Social workers are god drat saints and we don't deserve them, and the way society is designed from the ground up to take down people like my wife just makes me want to grab an AK sometimes.
Yeah, being a social worker is brain-breaking/heart-breaking forever. I don't think I could handle that kinda poo poo. Would probably become nite crew in half a year or less.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Band idea: the Belvins, a Bel Biv DaVoe/Melvins cover band

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

well poo poo, guess chris christie can only go to hardees for trumps burger runs

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

trumps dick dont work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Christie cursed trump with a fatness spell

• Locked thread