Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For those who have played this game. Can i go Apocalypse Now on this new world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah just keep reading this thread

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

I'd be stunned if you could

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

I don't think you can even go Renegade, just different degrees of Paragon from Boy Scout to kind of snarky

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DoctorGonzo posted:

No you're pretty much locked into being a good guy. So far I haven't seen any actual choices the player can make - you can just react to things with 3 different emotions.

E: Wait logical and tell me more aren't emotions. You can react with an emotion, you don't necessarily know what that emotion will be when you choose it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Funky See Funky Do posted:

No you're pretty much locked into being a good guy. So far I haven't seen any actual choices the player can make - you can just react to things with 3 different emotions.

Noble, Snarky, and Hung Over

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nazzadan posted:

No exaggeration, that screenshot looks like it's from some free to play or cheap survival game on steam ala 7 Days to Die or one of those space ones.

Anarchy Online. Because that's what's going to happen an hour after launch. :haw: :laffo:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

"Emotions" :lol:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Impressions on femryder or boyryder? Which one to pick??

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Can I seriously go full Space rear end in a top hat in this?

Fallout 4's yes, sarcastic (yes), what? (yes), no (yes) dialogue options were infuriating, I hope it's not like that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

peanut- posted:

Fallout 4's yes, sarcastic (yes), what? (yes), no (yes) dialogue options were infuriating, I hope it's not like that.

That's what it is so far

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Guys I think this game is bad :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Seriously

What is the deal with Stealth Grid in multiplayer

Why does it sometimes fail to apply? :argh:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

nopantsjack posted:

I'm playing as default Sara because I thought that might be the treasure trove of facial expressions and holy poo poo I was right. She literally makes me laugh my rear end off maybe once every 3 scenes? I've only played the trial for 2 hours and this is legit the most I've laughed at any game.

Sometimes she just bares her teeth for no reason and its hysterical, other times she has this philomena cunk sad expression on her face when theres no reason for it. If she doesn't look like that she looks like the sad cupcake dog.

Er, you're making it sound magnificent, in a The Room kind of way. I really wanna play as Space Philomena, Engineer of the Future and have moments of wonder all over the loving place now.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Daeno fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 4, 2020

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Daeno posted:

I really hope someone makes a youtube parody video tour of Bioware where everyone interviewed is cross-eyed, has lazy eyes or random facial twerks.

Bonus points if the employees walk around like crabs in the background.

Bioware is staffed fully by storefront mannequins at this point. Their whole office looks like a crime scene from Condemned.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rookersh posted:

Bioware doesn't exist anymore.

DA:O was a surprise success that took 6ish years to make and almost everyone working at Bioware to put out the door. EA had no faith in it, and suddenly it was one of their top selling franchises. So they did what EA does to highly successful franchises, and asked Bioware to make another one. Except for this new one, they wanted it started and finished in under a year, as they had a dream of an annual RPG franchise. Mind you that's hard enough to pull off for FPS games which are relatively simple to make with multiple teams. Bioware was expected to put together a full length AAA RPG in 6-7 months while also putting out the last of the DA:O DLC.

This killed the company. Huge swathes of people up and quit. They couldn't handle the stress. They couldn't handle what they were expected to do. Every single major program director and creative lead left the company during this year period where they were developing DA2. Go look at LinkedIn profiles for the major people that worked on DA:O, and more then half of them suddenly leave Bioware in 2010. The combat director quit and wasn't replaced for months, so they had no real lead directing what the combat should have been during that period. Major story beats and combat ideas got forced into the game in the final months of 2010 not because they were good, but because the game needed to ship in a few months and it needed to get out the door. To help the DA team actually finish DA2 in a somewhat annual fashion, they drew most of the ME2 team off ME, throwing them into this grinder as well.

By the time DA2 launched, around half if not more of the original "Bioware" was gone. Go through the credits of DA:O, ME1, or ME2 and start LinkedIning people, none of them work for Bioware anymore. Most left between 2010 and 2012.

It's been a pretty steady drain since then. Compare the credits list of Inquisition to the credits list of DA:O or DA2. It's almost an entirely new team, and it's a team that Bioware specifically hired to replace the losses from DA2. It's why so many styles have changed since then, why the gameplay changed so steadily, and why they chose to try so many new things. Because Inquisition wasn't made by the DA:O team trying their hand at open world game design. It was maybe 1/6th of the guys that even touched DA:O/DA2 suddenly getting an influx of new blood, most of it Bioware fans finally getting a chance to work for the company they loved, that had great new ideas for what they wanted out of future Bioware games.

It's the same for the ME team. The brain drain has been bad, and the development of Andromeda has apparently picked off massive chunks of the team. The lead writer of the group was the lead writer for Halo 4, and he apparently clashed with a lot of the senior writers/main writers of previous ME games. A whole bunch of goon favorite ME writers have quit the company, and on various development forums have mentioned it was due to creative differences with the former lead writer. Gameplay leads have been leaving the ME/Bioware teams at a pretty steady pace since the game was developed as well. The story had to be picked up mid completion as the lead writer got forced out/quit and replaced, which likely doesn't mean great things for the narrative ( which we are also seeing here. ). Andromeda has currently had the great slow drip of Bioware talent since the dark days of 2010 when DA2 "killed" the company. They've been forced to cycle talent multiple times during the development of Andromeda, not just in management ( which has seen multiple complete turnovers ), but also among the rank and file people working on the game.

This isn't to say Andromeda can't be great, or that it won't live up to the hype. I'm personally hoping it does because I need something to play right now. But if it's good, it'll be good on it's own merits and it's own merits alone, rather then because "it's a Bioware game, I like Bioware!". Because Bioware doesn't exist anymore, it's a completely new entity and needs to be treated as such. People really need to be viewing this as "EA'S NEW ACQUISITION, BIOWARE VICTORY'S FIRST RPG. HOPE IT'S GOOD." rather then "Bioware always makes quality. I know what I'll get here.". As it is right now, EA is propping up Bioware's corpse with a new studio and hoping people don't notice while they keep using it as their RPG house.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SgtSteel91 posted:

I don't think you can even go Renegade, just different degrees of Paragon from Boy Scout to kind of snarky

gently caress this game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Impressions on femryder or boyryder? Which one to pick??

Femryder. She's got a more hilarious face. Boyryder is only unfortunate looking.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Elotana posted:

This is by far the reveal I am most outraged at so far

Waifu list is one straight dude, one straight lady, one gay dude, one gay lady, one bi dude, and two bi ladies.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

peanut- posted:

Unfortunately its probably the most on-rails mass effect has ever been. The worst you can do is respond in a distant, calculated manner, or in a :ocelot: sarcastic way.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Guys I think this game is bad :(
I feel a tinge of buyers remorse for the five dollars I shelled out for the demo. Didn't really seem like any coordinated effort was put into the game. Im used to games like Stalker, M&B Warband, Paradox games, which all kind of have sucky presentation and much smaller budgets. But the jank and warts is forgiven because each of those titles does something unique and fun. This game too has all the jank and warts, but with none of the compelling mechanics or uniqueness to show for it.

e: there was this one goon who had a HUGE obsession with this game. Magamix or something? Had a funny fat quarian av. He played ME2 like 26 times or something on his console, if I remember.Had a zillion posts in the ME2 thread. I'm legitimately curious what he thinks about this game.

buglord fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 16, 2017

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

Schlesische posted:

Unless you've preordered the game from Origin, you get locked out after you get to a certain part of the 2nd planet (You get to explore Habitat 7 - railroad; the Nexus - with almost nothing in it; and Eos).

I preordered and am still stuck unable to progress past that first point. It says "buy" but I'm assuming that's for post release access players. Just want to confirm no one has been able to play further

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cythereal posted:

Waifu list is one straight dude, one straight lady, one gay dude, one gay lady, one bi dude, and two bi ladies.

Fem Ryder seemed to absolutely love being ridden by blueberry. But then again she was smiling maniacally when they were talking about her father dying. What do I know? I don't have Data and Troi from Star Trek here to explain human emotions to my dumb goon rear end...

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tehk posted:

I preordered and am still stuck unable to progress past that first point. It says "buy" but I'm assuming that's for post release access players. Just want to confirm no one has been able to play further

I did not preorder and only get the trial through Origin Access and my stopping point is at the Remnant structure in the middle of the lake on Eos.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i really want a post-mortem for this game that isn't even officially out yet

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

a netflix short documentary

a man can dream

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Fem Ryder seemed to absolutely love being ridden by blueberry. But then again she was smiling maniacally when they were talking about her father dying. What do I know? I don't have Data and Troi from Star Trek here to explain human emotions to my dumb goon rear end...

FemRyder's romance options are Liam, Jaal, Peebee, Vetra, and Suvi.

MRyder's are Cora, Jaal, Peebee, Vetra, and Gil.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Which one has the most nudity

Asking ironically

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I do love how the Ryder's all have a look of extreme incompetence about them though.

Like they just have no business being a spaceship person at all and they don't understand anything what's going on. It cracks me up so bad.

http://puu.sh/uLFv4/71fc7fdb3c.webm

10 minutes later I'm still laughing at this. Cryosleep really did a number on Ryder's brain.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I've only been playing for 15min but the first thing I looked for were the creepy white eye thing and there's clearly no such thing at least in my game.

Maybe it's a graphical setting?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Man romancing a Turian just seems like a really bad idea.

Those are two physiologies that do not mesh worth a drat.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Admiral Ray posted:

I did not preorder and only get the trial through Origin Access and my stopping point is at the Remnant structure in the middle of the lake on Eos.
Hah I literally just gave up my playthrough as I crossed the bridge to the lake structure.

Cowcaster posted:

Id imagine its vaguely similar to EA's disastrous Simcity 2013.

Zzulu posted:

Well I've only been playing for 15min but the first thing I looked for were the creepy white eye thing and there's clearly no such thing at least in my game.
I figured it was goon hyperbole.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I can't picture the setting where someone wants to have sex with something that looks like jaal

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Man romancing a Turian just seems like a really bad idea.

Those are two physiologies that do not mesh worth a drat.

The best part of ME2 is when Mordin advises you not to swallow.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Maybe not on Ryder, but Cora's got it pretty bad.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ainsley McTree posted:

I can't picture the setting where someone wants to have sex with something that looks like jaal

Remember the movie Avatar?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Mymla posted:

The best part of ME2 is when Mordin advises you not to swallow.

You cant even get that far with a Drell because you'll be hallucinating at the start.

e: why do I remember that :cripes:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Solid meh so far they were very brave to let people try before you buy.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I love every single goofy animation gif and video in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm weirded out by the protagonist being called Ryder.

Keep thinking of Ryder from San Andreas, smoking sherm, being an rear end in a top hat and looking like Eazy-E.

Anyway this game kind of looks like crap.