Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Piso Mojado posted:

back when byob was bad

hey now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

[embarrassedly] can anyone tell me how to block the rotating images? I love them but my puter has been having probs with it lately :cry:

install tamper monkey --> download byob the script (aka jetts script, aka "da script") -->"Night Theme"

Piso Mojado

tbf i dont know if that actually fixes rotating images, but its always a cool way to browse the yob imo

Piso Mojado

jett if you read this, please update my posting theme to Big and Rich's "Save the Horse, Ride the Cowboy" tyvm. :)

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

alnilam posted:

[embarrassedly] can anyone tell me how to block the rotating images? I love them but my puter has been having probs with it lately :cry:

My stupid broken computer was also not enjoying the rotation, so I downloaded a browser app (I use Chrome) called Stylish, and installed 2 themes: "Somethingawful anti-fuckery", and "Something Awful cleanup+"

I don't actually know which one stops the spinning, or even how to read the full name of the one theme (cleanup + what???), because this app is not very intuitive and I am lazy, but it works, so idgaf.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Beachcomber

Another day in paradise.

Would this be a good time to admit I know nothing about signatures including how to get one or allow them to display?

Also, hour long foot massages are amazing and if you can find a place that does them and doesn't look too sketchy, you should try it.

Piso Mojado

Beachcomber posted:

Would this be a good time to admit I know nothing about signatures including how to get one or allow them to display?

User Control Panel -> Edit Profile -> *scroll down* -> enclose image in [img] tags. -> turn sigs "off" -> save. then you are on your way to sig ville my dude

vanisher

Control Panel > Edit Options > New Request > User Name: (flanisher) > Sig image > Random Junk GIF > Submit

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Macnult

wrt my new signature here's a link to free wildflower seeds if you're in the US: http://www.cheerios.com/bringbackthebees

City of Glompton

Macnult posted:

wrt my new signature here's a link to free wildflower seeds if you're in the US: http://www.cheerios.com/bringbackthebees

thanks, looking forward to my free bee attractors

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Matoi Ryuko

http://i.imgur.com/e2XHXaS.gifv

Rushi

by Smythe
thats how i ski into byob everyday

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Matoi Ryuko

Rushi posted:

thats how i ski into byob everyday

this is how i get to byob everyday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNztRK4cmiQ

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Shooting Stars is p byob

Piso Mojado

Macnult posted:

hopefully they send species based on regions

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 16, 2017

Matoi Ryuko

i hope they send spices based on religions

Dads Dip Cup

Macnult posted:

1, 2 and 3... check. hell yeah, time for my favorite part

Beachcomber

Another day in paradise.

Dads Dip Cup posted:

1, 2 and 3... check. hell yeah, time for my favorite part

I have, recently, considered literally salting the earth beneath our rock beds.

Edit: Completely went over my head at first.

tao of lmao

paging joke explainer. anyone seen him lately?

Mariana Horchata

hamjobs posted:

heck ya!!! that's a nice homemade rug wool wheel, and the things they have hanging up are absolutely gorgeous. omg.

i'm so jealous. i kinda wish i could live in the mountains in peru and just never come down.

Elusif

Hello, i am joke explainor

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
no, i am joke explainer

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I'm stuck at the dentist office watching daytime TV and it occurs to me that Steve Harvey has quietly cornered the "tv for old people" market. Every time I see a tv in a waiting area Steve Harvey is headlining something blandly amusing.

Steve Harvey is the generic tv person that the universe displays whenever​ a scene calls for a tv to be on in the background. If you see Steve Harvey you are in an inconsequential setting.

You are experiencing unstructured time in which no one needs or wants anything from you apart from sitting quietly for about fifteen minutes.

Steve Harvey is the living symbol of Waiting, the existential moment of being needed only as a potential held at hand but resolutely unused. He is the face that greets humanity when it is reduced to the standing reserve.

alnilam

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I'm stuck at the dentist office watching daytime TV and it occurs to me that Steve Harvey has quietly cornered the "tv for old people" market. Every time I see a tv in a waiting area Steve Harvey is headlining something blandly amusing.

Steve Harvey is the generic tv person that the universe displays whenever​ a scene calls for a tv to be on in the background. If you see Steve Harvey you are in an inconsequential setting.

You are experiencing unstructured time in which no one needs or wants anything from you apart from sitting quietly for about fifteen minutes.

Steve Harvey is the living symbol of Waiting, the existential moment of being needed only as a potential held at hand but resolutely unused. He is the face that greets humanity when it is reduced to the standing reserve.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

idgi

byob historian

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

god invented smartphones so we can :justpost: then obvz!!!!

Macnult

"turn your monitor on"

lmao I'm actually phone posting but nice try :smuggo:

tao of lmao

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

no you're not!!!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

no, i am joke explainer

oh jeez now I'm so confused

Munchables

Idk what it is, maybe this is just how SA/goons is/are, but it seems like every time I post something outside of byob or really dumb joke threads in GBS, suddenly a derail forms over tangentially related stuff and that is dumb.

3D Megadoodoo

I got four free cans of beer at work too bad I've stopped drinking :shrug:

Munchables

Jerry Cotton posted:

I got four free cans of beer at work too bad I've stopped drinking :shrug:

Where do you live I will take them please

3D Megadoodoo

Munchables posted:

Where do you live I will take them please

I live at home but I left the beers at work :(

Munchables

Jerry Cotton posted:

I live at home but I left the beers at work :(

Dang, that's pretty far.

3D Megadoodoo

Munchables posted:

Dang, that's pretty far.

Someone wrote "ROAD TO HELL" on the bus stop sign for the line I take to work.

vanisher

Munchables posted:

Idk what it is, maybe this is just how SA/goons is/are, but it seems like every time I post something outside of byob or really dumb joke threads in GBS, suddenly a derail forms over tangentially related stuff and that is dumb.

Yep. Ditto.

cda

by Hand Knit

Munchables posted:

Examples?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

vanisher

Maybe mine isn't a true ditto. I just get responses I wasn't anticipating which makes me regret posting

byob historian

vanisher posted:

Maybe mine isn't a true ditto. I just get responses I wasn't anticipating which makes me regret posting

:justpost: i hear

Munchables

I've posted a couple videos in the Awful KS thread of a kickstarter series, and both times there was a derail (not necessarily huge, but still dumb) about the guy making the videos and no discussion about the KS in the video; posting in the IoSM thread seems to warrant some kind of derail no matter what, and the AUG thread has its share, the most recent I posted about cops running red lights just cause they can in the Oregoons thread and then there was a minor derail about cops and then about political stuff and bla-dee-bla-dee-bla. Mostly I just think it's silly to argue on the internet especially over some minor things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Munchables posted:

I've posted a couple videos in the Awful KS thread of a kickstarter series, and both times there was a derail (not necessarily huge, but still dumb) about the guy making the videos and no discussion about the KS in the video; posting in the IoSM thread seems to warrant some kind of derail no matter what, and the AUG thread has its share, the most recent I posted about cops running red lights just cause they can in the Oregoons thread and then there was a minor derail about cops and then about political stuff and bla-dee-bla-dee-bla. Mostly I just think it's silly to argue on the internet especially over some minor things.

The thing about derails is that they are not caused by the person posting the derail-spawning content. They're caused by everyone else building off of each other. Fear not the derail, just come back to the thread in a few hours and scroll until you reach new content