Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

No major campaigns on the horizon then? Just everyone ratting and mining the days away?

its 2013 all over again

thanks fozzie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Orange Red Bull posted:

its 2013 all over again

thanks fozzie

rollback to 2012

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

rollback to 2012

2012 had a little action in delve and shadoo's crusade against AAA wrapped up. 2013 was when the galaxy was divied up between goons, PL and the russians and the great peace settled in.

2012 was a good year, pretty much the last fun one in eve.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

citadels area really cutting into my supercap scamming business. I just want to hit 40 supercaps scammed and then never talk to anyone using ingame chat ever again

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Now that i think about it, after i sold a titan to PL didn't mittani use that to scam some other guy?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Now that i think about it, after i sold a titan to PL didn't mittani use that to scam some other guy?

no one cares gently caress you

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Reverand maynard posted:

:drat:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

pooki stealing words from me :mad:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

continue unfreeing elusif

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Viva Miriya posted:

I heard atlantis is real and you've been there.

Its called Bolivia now. And no I havent. Everytime I take a picture for my passport, the camera breaks.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Last page has convinced me that Diva Miriya likes Zephyrine. He's the posting equivalent of a first grader pulling the hair of the girl the likes.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I want zeph to come back on the simple grounds that far more toxic people were given a second chance.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
are you drunk or high or retarded

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

What makes you think it can't be a combination of all three?

Reverand maynard posted:

I want zeph to come back on the simple grounds that far more toxic people were given a second chance.

Kinda felt that way a while back, but now she can drown in in lukefish oil for all i care.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hey Dalael, just wanted to let you know that my archeology professor said Atlantis isn't real. Sorry.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Needs checkbox

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Landsknecht posted:

rollback to 2007

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

name one time this thread wasn't about stupid poo poo nobody cares about

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

name one time this thread wasn't about stupid poo poo nobody cares about

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

actually, the only times this thread is about something worth caring about is when VG posts about his experiences
everything else is people hating each other
a very fitting atmosphere for a game about everyone hating each other

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

actually, the only times this thread is about something worth caring about is when VG posts about his experiences

Forget damning with faint praise, this thread is about praising with faint damnation.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

hes not wrong

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Discussion Quorum posted:

Forget damning with faint praise, this thread is about praising with faint damnation.

:goonsay: as all gently caress

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Orange Red Bull posted:

2012 had a little action in delve and shadoo's crusade against AAA wrapped up. 2013 was when the galaxy was divied up between goons, PL and the russians and the great peace settled in.

2012 was a good year, pretty much the last fun one in eve.

2013 had the Test/Goons fountain war which was a fun one. 2015 was the most boring year ever, just a bunch of ratting and we had to invent the Viceroy system near the end to stir up something/anything since everyone was so bored and we were bleeding PVPers left and right.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Didn't you have those tussles in lowsec as a result of the Viceroy system?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Dalael posted:

Last page has convinced me that Diva Miriya likes Zephyrine. He's the posting equivalent of a first grader pulling the hair of the girl the likes.

How to save this thread.

Step 1: Don't respond to PL posters who just use this place as a toilet before returning to reddit to refuel and re-arm
Step 2: Talk about Eve
Step 3: Respond to posts talking about Eve.

The viceroy program was brilliant in that you could engage low seccers who considered themselves outside of nullsec politcs and then explain how much better things will be once they learn to pay rent to the Imperium. People would lose their minds if you could deliver the sales pitch with a straight face.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

How to save this thread.

Step 1: Don't respond to PL posters who just use this place as a toilet before returning to reddit to refuel and re-arm
Step 2: Talk about Eve
Step 3: Respond to posts talking about Eve.

The viceroy program was brilliant in that you could engage low seccers who considered themselves outside of nullsec politcs and then explain how much better things will be once they learn to pay rent to the Imperium. People would lose their minds if you could deliver the sales pitch with a straight face.

Remember when you were trying to get into PL?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

That Works posted:

I never actually got that far as actively trying to join. I was certainly considering it but it really wasn't the place for me.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
This thread makes a lot more sense if you read it as a space-themed VtM LARP. Not sure if that's funny or really hosed up, but it explains so much.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

I am thoroughly humbled. I did not appreciate how good I had it in Goonswarm. I'm homesick and miss my friends. I have lived the world of iskies, toonies and dessies. The world of frenemies and the pursuit of honour gudfites. I have witnessed heated debates of the morality of suicide ganking.

I don't care what conditions you set or what penalty service for the swarm you demand in return. I have seen what is out there and I want back in. I promise to never to annoy another director ever again. I promise to never rock the boat or cause a fuss and I promise to do everything in my power to stomp out drama wherever I find it and never cause it.

I have done a lot of dumb things and committed grievous errors in judgement and people were hurt as a result. though I have never acted out of malice, people were still hurt and I want to make amends.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

I never actually got that far as actively trying to join. I was certainly considering it but it really wasn't the place for me.

lmao

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I have made some pretty terrible posts in the past that I regret. Thankfully the worst of those are never brought up. The post above I have no regrets about. It's all true and Eve outside of GSF is a cultural garbage fire that's not worth playing.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

All of your posts are terrible sorry.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Viva Miriya posted:

All of our posts are terrible sorry.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Works posted:

They never even tried. They just joined a newbie alliance with some PL guys helping out and then proclaimed to know all about PL and how it operates etc. only to discover nobody cared what they had to say.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

It's all true and Eve outside of GSF is a cultural garbage fire that's not worth playing.

I'm sure you've experienced all that EVE has to offer in the 5 months you slummed it up in Deep Core Mining.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

They never even tried. They just joined a newbie alliance with some PL guys helping out and then proclaimed to know all about PL and how it operates etc. only to discover nobody cared what they had to say.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&userid=210698&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post467399995

i think we covered a chunk of it here but yeah, here's when its painfully apparent how dumb she is

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

That Works posted:

I 'member

Zephyrine posted:

You're insisting on the hierarchy again that your mates claim isn't a thing.

I was offered a vouch into Snigg but I wanted to try horde out first. I'd never claim to be too good for horde.

a vouch in this case is literally someone going +1 Vouch in the SA evethread lmao

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

No, just enough to see that it wasn't the place for me. I don't think a deeper investment was needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

JUST gently caress ALREADY

• Locked thread