Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

El Roncho posted:

I want a full blown Drug League where guys represent the gear they're on rather than any martial art. We could find out The Ultimate Enhancer.

Id watch at least 1 card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

El Roncho posted:

I want a full blown Drug League where guys represent the gear they're on rather than any martial art. We could find out The Ultimate Enhancer.

finally, the scientific portion of safta will be redeemed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Notes of fight night 107

-theres only one wmma fight and it's the first fight on fightpass
-thus is Joe Duffy last fight on his contract, so a win vs reza madadi is very important
-reza madadi got arrested for burglarizing a purse store
-brad Picketts retirement fight
-Oluwale "The Holy War Angel" Bamgbose is fighting
-THWA posted this on Twitter right before Lyman Good popped
https://mobile.twitter.com/holywarangelmma/status/790651228300644356

I really like Duffy and hope he wins. He's always looked good even in that Poirier fight where he got destroyed in Rd 2. I liked in the Jake Lindsay fight when he wobbled him with the head kick he didn't rush in he just crumpled him with vicious body shots.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The condom full of Amphetamines depot

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The condom full of Amphetamines depot

lol

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Peter Sobotta claims that Emil "Palhares killer" Meek is ducking him..

quote:

Last Wednesday the UFC offered me to fight Emil Valhalla Meek in Stockholm. In over twenty professional fights, I have never backed down from any challenge – I fought James Wilks in Canada in only my sophomore UFC fight, I took on Borys Mankowski in Warsaw and faced Kyle Noke in Australia. Needless to say, I accepted the fight in a heartbeat.

I was shocked and disappointed to learn a few hours ago that Meek has turned down the fight.

HE CALLS HIMSELF VALHALLA! In Norse mythology, Valhalla is the final destination for all warriors who have proven their bravery and who have died in battle. I had a lot of respect for Meek going into the fight, because he had the guts to take on Toquinho, one of the most difficult style-matchups in the welterweight division. Now that he starts turning down fights, he should better be looking for a new nickname as well. Valhalla is only for brave warriors. Meek is wielding a large axe, but apparently he has small balls!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TheCool69 posted:

Peter Sobotta claims that Emil "Palhares killer" Meek is ducking him..

he has made a mistake, small balls are one of the best bases for fighting

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Peter sobotta needs to go full kimbo and show his balls to meek

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Skip My Posts posted:

i dont think so tim

bispings not as scary on the feet as maia/leites/cote thats for drat sure

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Foul Fowl posted:

bispings not as scary on the feet as maia/leites/cote thats for drat sure

feel free to cherry pick silva's worst performances while using bisping's best performance as your comparison

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
After Silva kills Gastelum it's time to finally set up the super fight with gsp for the 185lb strap

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Long awaited superfights only happening well into the decline of both fighters? The UFC really is a real combat sport now.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Skip My Posts posted:

feel free to cherry pick silva's worst performances while using bisping's best performance as your comparison

yeah that's why i said

Foul Fowl posted:

the bisping that fought anderson would have given him trouble at any point in his career

as opposed to the bisping who was almost knocked out by denis kang. it's also weird that anderson's worst performances coincided with his opponent not leading super aggressively except i guess chael.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I don't remember Okami leading but he is so one note and hittable that it didn't matter.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

After Silva kills Gastelum it's time to finally set up the super fight with gsp for the 185lb strap

2017 UFC is the funniest and greatest thing. lol if anyone bothers watching sports that actually make sense and are based in reality and not bizarre time loops where anything is possible.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I honestly was hoping they would put Anderson on the undercard of GSP/Bisping so he could challenge the winner if he got a can but Kelvin might wreck that idea. Imagine, however, Kelvin/GSP for the MW belt while Yoel posts angrily about forgetting things...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
GSP fucks up Kelvin if he's got his poo poo together and I don't think he would be coming back if he didn't.

imo

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/8n3yp

joe rogan fight companion condensed to 13 seconds

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Foul Fowl posted:

yeah that's why i said

oh at any point in his career meaning the lowest points of his career, got it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I don't remember Okami leading but he is so one note and hittable that it didn't matter.

bisping is also hittable, see 40 year old dan henderson smoking him twice with his only punch during bisping's best run of his career

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

GSP fucks up Kelvin if he's got his poo poo together and I don't think he would be coming back if he didn't.

imo

i disagree

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

imo

Kelvin presents the same problems to GSP as Johny on the feet, except Kelvin's movement and angles are waaaay better, his outside boxing is better, and is a much better top position grappler than Johny (if he even gets GSP down).

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

same. gsp struggled with johny hendricks, who kelvin has literally just beaten. also lol at the concept of gsp loving anyone up. was koscheck the last guy he injured using the lightest counted strike in combat sports?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Current version of Hendricks is not the same guy GSP fought.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hendricks performed pretty well against kelvin and lost a fairly close fight i think?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

big money big clit posted:

Current version of Hendricks is not the same guy GSP fought.

hendricks / gastelum featured the best hendricks i've seen since the gsp fight but i'll concede the point. making up for that detail though is the fact that kelvin is better and i stand by my point.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

hendricks performed pretty well against kelvin and lost a fairly close fight i think?

yeah he looked good and the fight was close.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i think kelvin would have a big strength advantage over gsp, just like hendricks did and would beat him on the feet worse than hendricks did

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

https://streamable.com/8n3yp

joe rogan fight companion condensed to 13 seconds

ahahahahahha

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Skip My Posts posted:

i think kelvin would have a big strength advantage over gsp, just like hendricks did and would beat him on the feet worse than hendricks did

GSP would try to single leg Kelvin in a hopeless attempt to move a man that is 90% burritos by volume.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

bisping is also hittable, see 40 year old dan henderson smoking him twice with his only punch during bisping's best run of his career

lets not exaggerate here, henderson was 46

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lets not exaggerate here, henderson was 46

lol drat

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

He isn't as bad as Okami but I think it shows how much Silva has declined since he was champ.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He isn't as bad as Okami but I think it shows how much Silva has declined since he was champ.

see i don't really see this. silva is getting older yes but i don't think he's drastically declined at all. it's just that when he was champ middleweight was the biggest loving garbage fire in the ufc and last generation's fighters were as flawed as anderson was. now we've got old man silva who never learned how to wrestle or lead getting beat the gently caress up by studs go figure. look at all the people anderson beat in his prime and tell me who wasn't an embarrassment by today's standards?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Marching Powder posted:

see i don't really see this. silva is getting older yes but i don't think he's drastically declined at all. it's just that when he was champ middleweight was the biggest loving garbage fire in the ufc and last generation's fighters were as flawed as anderson was. now we've got old man silva who never learned how to wrestle or lead getting beat the gently caress up by studs go figure. look at all the people anderson beat in his prime and tell me who wasn't an embarrassment by today's standards?

this is among the dumbest things i've seen posted here in awhile, and mobn posted like 100 times last month

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bisping lost to Anderson mostly because Anderson sometimes turns into a loving idiot who abandons all his killer instincts to try winning using katas and wing chun

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

this is among the dumbest things i've seen posted here in awhile, and mobn posted like 100 times last month

which bit is false?

* mw loving garbage fire

* the people he was fighting when champ were deeply flawed compared to the contenders today

* silva's wrestling sucks and when he leads the striking dance he gets a whole lot shittier

* the people he's getting embarrassed by today are studs

or you can formulate your own rebuttal with sentences whatever

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Anderson was... always bad?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It's not that Anderson was bad, it's just that he was never really that good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

chaleski posted:

Anderson was... always bad?

all i'm saying is a guy who was humiliated by chael sonnen for 23 minutes maybe isn't competing well today because he's the type of guy that even in his prime was getting beaten the gently caress up by chael sonnen

• Locked thread