Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Nah don't add canned corn to cornbread wtf

Just make it out of stone-ground cornmeal and make sure the shortening is super hot when you add the batter. It should sizzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm not chillin... in the rustbelt

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

nothing will beat the fact that as far as chelsea is concerned, the trump administration will be a 4, probably 8 year-long yo mama joke

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ok, people got some strong cornbread opinions

but does anyone like creamed corn? (i hope not)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Prince was basically an anime character

The Brown Menace posted:

nothing will beat the fact that as far as chelsea is concerned, the trump administration will be a 4, probably 8 year-long yo mama joke

Yo mama so robotic, unrelatable, secretive, and big-money-affiliated that she couldn't even beat an orange piss clown in a presidential campaign

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Brown Menace posted:

Chelsea is going to personally benefit from the Trump administration, her stocks, dividends and low-taxes are gonna make her even richer lmao

What a brave fighter :allears:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

loquacius posted:

Ooncha ooncha one-two-three-cha
Gonna get a breadtangle of pizza

Brhombus.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
glazed cornbread is like, one of the few midwest foods that is objectively good

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Chelsea is going to personally benefit from the Trump administration, her stocks, dividends and low-taxes are gonna make her even richer lmao

lol guess who else could have been a brave fighter

*quickly turns head with a poo poo-eating smile towards chelsea who does a "not this poo poo again" groan, rolls her eyes and leaves the room*

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/rogerbellin/status/842431805928042498

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

why do people insist on ruining perfectly good food?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

why do people insist on ruining perfectly good food?

ftr im not arguing in favor of creamed corn on cornbread or whatever was being talked about

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

is her husband still at goldman or is he a pe guy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nah don't add canned corn to cornbread wtf

Just make it out of stone-ground cornmeal and make sure the shortening is super hot when you add the batter. It should sizzle.
It's good. You should try it. I got it from an episode of Good Eats, although I think they used cream corn.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

but yeah im aware that the rich and connected will be well-off under trump regardless of whether they like him or his policies or not, i mean with the current dems and reps the presidency is just a "got to manage late stage capitalism's slow croak during the years 20xx-20xx" vanity badge

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Cafeteria pizza was good and I stand by the assertion :colbert:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

every recipe i've looked up for this stuff calls for poo poo like canned corn, cinnamon, or sour cream in addition to the usual sugar and flour that are the hallmark of bad cornbread

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's good. You should try it. I got it from an episode of Good Eats, although I think they used cream corn.

Idk man I like my cast iron cornbread with my authentic Ecuadorian bean recipe from my abuelita 👵

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My wife once made a cornbread recipe for Thanksgiving that called for whole kernels of sweet corn and also creme fraiche

It was really good but I don't imagine cornbread purists would have approved of it

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Brown Menace posted:

but yeah im aware that the rich and connected will be well-off under trump regardless of whether they like him or his policies or not, i mean with the current dems and reps the presidency is just a "got to manage late stage capitalism's slow croak during the years 20xx-20xx" vanity badge

If your power and money are going to increase then you like his policies, it's pretty logical. She's a hypocrite that says policies are bad and then directly benefits from them lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Idk man I like my cast iron cornbread with my authentic Ecuadorian bean recipe from my abuelita 👵
I'm white, so I cook it in the white fashion.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

My wife once made a cornbread recipe for Thanksgiving that called for whole kernels of sweet corn and also creme fraiche

It was really good but I don't imagine cornbread purists would have approved of it

"sounds bourgeois as fuk but okay," he says with a sly wink

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mine is a blend of classic American food and Ecuadorian cuisine, yummy and comforting ☺️

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWKjoWo9TzY

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/842376385616330752

can 'here come dat bullshit' be the new thread title? because i get the feeling that there's gonna be a lot of that coming down the line.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

If your power and money are going to increase then you like his policies, it's pretty logical.

gonna have to disagree tbh

you can dislike policies even if they benefit you

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

the recipe i use is from my great grandma and is older than the 1890s griswold pan it's cooked in

that's white af fam

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Brown Menace posted:

gonna have to disagree tbh

you can dislike policies even if they benefit you

How can someone raised with a silver spoon dislike getting more wealth and power? She should donate every cent she makes if she was serious about not liking the policies. All she does is make snarky tweets and post green pancakes tho.

It's like that phrase saying "the problems are bad, but the causes are very good"

She's a hypocrite

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

can 'here come dat bullshit' be the new thread title? because i get the feeling that there's gonna be a lot of that coming down the line.

RIP Keith Ellison's bad thread cred

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

:lol: people thinking ellison was somehow better than perez

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boot-edge-edge should have won

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

How can someone raised with a silver spoon dislike getting more wealth and power? She should donate every cent she makes if she was serious about not liking the policies. All she does is make snarky tweets and post green pancakes tho.

It's like that phrase saying "the problems are bad, but the causes are very good"

She's a hypocrite

well i mean yeah in the wealth game deffo, i guess i was being too spergy about "power" since tons of things increase the power of various groups where many members may not be ok with it

but yeah for wealth it pretty much applies since it is something you could easily relinquish

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Concerned Citizen posted:

i mean you'll eat a pancake and a sausage separately, why not combine them into one convenient package? seems like you all need a bit more midwest in your diet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

yum

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Constant Democratic apologia and now you're advocating for horrible midwestern food? I'm diagnosing this as a bad case of MIGFitis.

SIGH more coastal elitism

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

lol haven't seen the "who'd you vote for???" litmus test in a while

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

logikv9 posted:

Best pizza I've ever had was Hyvee and that's even after eating pizza in Italy, true story.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

seriously tho what the gently caress keith. dnc race is over, you don't actually have to say this poo poo anymore & it just kills your credibility

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

Get this: different cafeterias have different pizza, often of varying quality.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Gringostar posted:

:lol: people thinking ellison was somehow better than perez

cc was right

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trump is unquestionably worse than Hillary; the worst thing about Hillary is that she brought us Trump. If she'd won, things wouldn't have gotten much better, but they wouldn't be tailspinning as fast as they are now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

Trump is unquestionably worse than Hillary; the worst thing about Hillary is that she brought us Trump. If she'd won, things wouldn't have gotten much better, but they wouldn't be tailspinning as fast as they are now.

most of this thread is actually happier Hillary lost than sad that Trump won

• Locked thread