Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm in the titty party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Pale Horse posted:

Immigrants don't have a thing to do with any of the things I said. And lol about unions trying to destroy the middle class, just absolutely lol.

How many union dollars flowed into the Clinton campaigns so we could get NAFTA and the TPP? Wake up.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
alt right more like alt get out of my sight

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

flerp posted:

alt right more like alt get out of my sight

alt-white flight

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

How many union dollars flowed into the Clinton campaigns so we could get NAFTA and the TPP? Wake up.

Who was the other candidate? And don't misconstrue this as me defending the Clintons, they're absolute filth. Soulless, careerist, greedy prostitutes, the both of them. They killed the left in America and they can never be forgiven, but its not like Bill was running against Eugene Debs.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Bernie woulda won :sigh:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the video game guy is an r word

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

Bernie woulda won :sigh:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Nooner posted:

the video game guy is an r word

you can say retard here it is ok

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Pale Horse posted:

Who was the other candidate? And don't misconstrue this as me defending the Clintons, they're absolute filth. Soulless, careerist, greedy prostitutes, the both of them. They killed the left in America and they can never be forgiven, but its not like Bill was running against Eugene Debs.

4 more years of Bush 1 would have probably been better than allowing the Clintons the stranglehold they ended up with.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
alt right more like alt turn off the light

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
mi abuela is gonna run for NYC mayor, its her turn, then she gonna run against trump again in 2020 cause its still her turn.

its her turn guys

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
imagine if you were forums poster A Pale Horse and you had to live every day as a giant retard, and also an idiot, haha

Like arguing politics in GBS for days and you just don't get it

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I apologize for my mean vestigial dick joke earlier. Sincerely.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bernie got poo poo tons of donations and endorsements from unions, the problem is that we've so thoroughly gutted unions over the last 20-30 years that all their contributions combined is peanuts next to what Goldman Sachs by themselves donate.

They were pretty much all for Bernie and only endorsed HRC after it was HRC v Trump.

So idk there is corruption and poo poo in unions sure but don't act like they were all on HRC's dick nonstop. They probably just (rightfully) recognized that Trump wasn't actually going to help them.

You can also thank the DNC for pushing this "bernie can't win only HRC can" narrative so hard nonstop that you end up with:

quote:

"Personally, I love Bernie," American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten has said. "But what we need is we need to win."

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I apologize for my mean vestigial dick joke earlier. Sincerely.
Runty dick is a good term, no joke.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

flerp posted:

alt right more like alt leave this site

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Thirsty Girl posted:

you can say retard here it is ok

is there a way to set up an alert or something that notifies me when mods change their minds about stupid poo poo?

i really need a phone notification when i can tell people to kill themselves again

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

realtalk it is far more likely that a fat gamer idiot puts his foot in his mouth by virtue of being graceless and uninformed rather than specifically following an ideological flowchart

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

realtalk it is far more likely that a fat gamer idiot puts his foot in his mouth by virtue of being graceless and uninformed rather than specifically following an ideological flowchart

I don't think he's a nazi or a fascist, I just think he's being a loving idiot and that's funny to me.

That said people can say racist things without being nazis/fascists.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Look at Mel Brooks. He has lots of racism in his movies and he's neither a Nazi nor a fascist and is also very funny.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also sexism and homophobia.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

*waves hands frantically* it was a different time!!!!!!!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

the internet makes you stupid

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Thirsty Girl posted:

Which is why it would be useful to have a culture less polarized and willing to discuss things instead of running to tattle at the first opportunity. JonTron is pretty obviously in a flux state and having someone around him who could explain where he's taking the wrong turn ideologically would be helpful. Unfortunately it's just echo chambers and grenades lobbed over the fence by both sides constantly.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Look at Mel Brooks. He has lots of racism in his movies and he's neither a Nazi nor a fascist and is also very funny.

if Springtime For Hitler were made today, people would say it is problematic

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think he's a nazi or a fascist, I just think he's being a loving idiot and that's funny to me.

That said people can say racist things without being nazis/fascists.
Actually, no, the way to deal with everyone with racist or potentially racist views is to further alienate and condemn them.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

*waves hands frantically* it was a different time!!!!!!!

Really cuz I watched Blazing Saddles the other day and it was still fukkin funny.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ein cooler Typ posted:

if Springtime For Hitler were made today, people would say it is problematic

It was problematic then. That's what made it funny.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

a hole-y ghost posted:

Actually, no, the way to deal with everyone with racist or potentially racist views is to further alienate and condemn them.

see, conquistador made this argument about pedos and everyone poo poo themselves

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I made a special tape of Blazing Saddles to watch with my kids where I spliced out all the scenes where they say the n word

The farting scene is still funny. Some humor never gets old

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
a large portion of british comedy involves men in dresses

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Really cuz I watched Blazing Saddles the other day and it was still fukkin funny.

Problematic

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Which is why it would be useful to have a culture less polarized and willing to discuss things instead of running to tattle at the first opportunity. JonTron is pretty obviously in a flux state and having someone around him who could explain where he's taking the wrong turn ideologically would be helpful. Unfortunately it's just echo chambers and grenades lobbed over the fence by both sides constantly.

He's a grown rear end man. He could easily take 30 minutes to research the facts behind his ideas but he won't and I doubt he'll listen to someone else, either.

Sometimes all you can do is shame someone until they realize they hosed up.

It's not society's job to teach a grown rear end man, it is his job to educate himself. And if he doesn't and ends up spouting dumb ignorant stuff in front of a wide audience and that audience gives him poo poo for it, that's on him.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

a large portion of british comedy involves men in dresses

Problematic

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nooner posted:

see, conquistador made this argument about pedos and everyone poo poo themselves
Yeah, but pedophilia isn't an opinion.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I made a special tape of Blazing Saddles to watch with my kids where I spliced out all the scenes where they say the n word

The farting scene is still funny. Some humor never gets old

Good work citizen

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

a hole-y ghost posted:

It's funny because arguing about this stuff constantly has made me realize that shaming as a tool is pretty limited. It's obviously not working on fat people, either.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hillary clinton is not the gamer i want representing my gamer country

also JEWS IN SPACCCCCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's obviously not working on fat people, either.

Wrong! We shamed a bunch of fatties into exercising and losing weight in the fib thread

• Locked thread