Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Trump's tax return from 12 years ago is in fact like Capone's vault: a single instance of nothing significant that nonetheless doesn't exonerate its owner. The vault was empty but Capone was still a criminal for other reasons. The tax return, like the vault, is beside the point.

Also I'm sure St.Patrick would love to do all kinds of favors for Americans against immigration, especially considering the history of how Irish-Americans were treated when they were early immigrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

duz posted:

That episode first aired 24 years ago.
Hope everyone feels old now.

Exceptionally!
:corsair:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

duz posted:

so it's one year younger then me

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BarbarianElephant posted:

They should look to Canada. The border is much less defended and has more forest cover, allowing surreptitious entry. Silly Republicans assume that since they hate both Mexicans and Muslims, they must be working together, ignoring the fact that Mexico is devoutly Christian.

Yeah but they're the Catholic sort of Christians, that is to say, they are in fact devil-worshipers mind-controlled by the Antichrist (who, as everyone knows, is the Pope).

At least that's what I got out of Jack Chick tracts, which seem to be the reference for the American religious right.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Vib Rib posted:

Also I'm sure St.Patrick would love to do all kinds of favors for Americans against immigration, especially considering the history of how Irish-Americans were treated when they were early immigrants.

If the potato famine was happening *right now* we'd be hearing a lot from the Republicans about how the Irish were untrustworthy, drunken, low-IQ, degenerate, and in general should be kept from our fair shores. Because that's what their type said about Irish back then. Wonder what the USA would look like without the Irish?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Trump compared himself to Andrew Jackson so the probability of this happening is about 100%

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

All those triangles, and not one Star of David? Weak, Dees.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Wasn't the guy proven right at the end of Nightmare at 20,000 feet?

A Bad Comic

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

BarbarianElephant posted:

"A Song of Ice and Fire" actually did have a plotline that could be interpreted as anti-abortion. Lysa Arryn was forced into aborting her illegitimate child as a young woman, and it drove her crazy as well as giving her fertility problems. Can't remember if it was in the show.

I'd say a more likely scenario is "taking away a woman's body autonomy is bad".

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

"Remember, kids! All life is sacred and precious, unless of course the father was an rear end in a top hat!"*

*(issues of the health of the incubatormother need not apply)

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Haha there was nothing in Trump's 2005 tax return! Eat that stupid Libtard!!"
"Ok. Can we see more recent ones?"
"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

See the thing about British cartoons is they add a good old sense of class and intellectual rigour compared to that American dreck, often requiring a great deal of sophistication to interpr- yes, that man is leaning over with his bum out, now as I was saying -

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Same

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cat Mattress posted:

They perceive taxes as a sort of fine. Having to pay it is unjust, having to pay more than someone else is even more unjust. Their entire philosophy is that rich people should pay less taxes because their being rich is a mark of divine favor, which means that God Himself vouches for their moral character.

They also think that rich people should pay less taxes because if those rich people just had a little more money, they'd create a bunch of jobs and start paying all their workers more than the minimum wage.

And yeah, "fairness" is a big part of it, that's why you see them talk so much about a flat tax, because "Everyone paying 10% is fair!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MikeyTsi posted:

Wasn't the guy proven right at the end of Nightmare at 20,000 feet?

A Bad Comic

Maybe it's the Johnny Bravo parody with the clown on the wings

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve by Pies posted:

They also think that rich people should pay less taxes because if those rich people just had a little more money, they'd create a bunch of jobs and start paying all their workers more than the minimum wage.

And yeah, "fairness" is a big part of it, that's why you see them talk so much about a flat tax, because "Everyone paying 10% is fair!"

I can SOMETIMES get traction by pointing out that Trump (or "the rich" in general) NEED society more than your average person so of course they should pay more. The Rich use the police and fire more often, use more roads both for traveling and bringing people to their stores, have more to lose if society collapses because while us, you and me Average Joe Great Americans, can fall back on our tool skills and be useful to the community, what would a person whose only skill is online trading bring to the table? It's more FAIR that people who need more government should pay MORE for it. YOU, Average Joe great American, would be ok with your hands on skills and tool ability if worst came to worst, Fat Cat Rich Guy whose fortune is built on people shopping online or at their stores, or trading real estate or stocks would be helpless in that event.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Duke Igthorn posted:

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Alternatively, recent ones also show nothing out of the ordinary and he can release them whenever he wants to make democrats look like him in 2015

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

duz posted:

And even then, it was a flashback episode. The incident they're all referencing was three goddamn decades ago. Which, to be sure, is pretty topical for some of them.

Anything else they could be referencing instead? What's a more recent time a big deal was made about a hunt for something that wasn't there? Like a really big deal, maybe an entire country?

Nah, I got nothing. :shrug:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

was al capone like a mummy or something

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... Prince William's night out in Verbier

'Aw, bless him. Little Prince George - he's so much like his dad'
This is like the most perfect possible story for Mac to cover. This is great.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

"Sandpuppy" posted:

I'm the accidental admission that the wall won't loving do anything

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Spoeank posted:

I'm the accidental admission that the wall won't loving do anything

I'm St Pat driving all the snakes further into America

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shugojin posted:

I'm St Pat driving all the snakes further into America

Snakes deserve better

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Improbable Lobster posted:

Snakes deserve better

I have it on good authority that we are, in fact, the United Snakes. :colbert:

Land of the thief, home of the slave.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
So much for . . . eh, too easy.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Equality means being held to the same standards as everyone else, and not being given a free pass for doing horrible poo poo, just because it was high-achieving horrible poo poo, and Conway is a woman.

AGC

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

And just think of how respectful the right is of Hillary Clinton and all her accomplishments.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well? Did she do any of those things? No? then why the gently caress are you complaining about people protesting her positions?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yeah if revealing this one was such a masterstroke-burn on the media/democrats/liberals, then why not release the rest of them? Conservatives are playing this up like such a huge "take that" but are awfully silent about the other years.

"How can you claim to be 'pro-woman' if you criticize even a single woman for her actions and character?" Wow, take that liberals!
If that's how this works then it's sure a good thing the right has never criticized a woman ever for any reason.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Vib Rib posted:

"How can you claim to be 'pro-woman' if you criticize even a single woman for her actions and character?" Wow, take that liberals!
If that's how this works then it's sure a good thing the right has never criticized a woman ever for any reason.

But the right wing is supposed to be violent and hateful towards women, so take that libta--wait, no, let me get a do-over on that...

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

quote:

"The reason I'm a registered Democrat is that in Washington, D.C., there is really only one party," [Chris] Wallace told us yesterday. "If you want a say in who's going to be the next mayor or councilman, you have to vote in the Democratic primary."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/10/AR2006101001509.html

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm just going to save these for a compilation, because "judging someone by the contents of their character is exactly the same as judging them by race / gender" is apparently a repeating talk point.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Rob Smith Jr. has been wearing a Hawaiian shirt and trilby combo longer than most goons have been alive. This is a man dedicated to his craft.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Bill Leak's memorial service was today

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/842584916944543744

https://twitter.com/mathaiaus/status/842575070694260736

https://twitter.com/Rashidajourno/status/842573587953340417

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 17, 2017

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

HAT FETISH posted:

Bill Leak's memorial service was today
The Australian ran that particular Leak cartoon, you all know the one, as the "Best of Bill Leak" cartoon today. The bloke won Walkleys, Stanleys and had multiple acclaimed Archibald entries and yet his legacy is going to be the work that won him a Gay Abortion. :smith:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Xander77 posted:

I'm just going to save these for a compilation, because "judging someone by the contents of their character is exactly the same as judging them by race / gender" is apparently a repeating talk point.

Whenever liberals agree with anybody who's not a straight white male, the right trots out a weeping MLK complaining about "content of character not color of skin," but whenever liberals disagree with anybody who's not a straight white male, they start in with "WHY AREN'T YOU SUPPORTING THIS PERSON, HEH SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT."

But that's because they're a pack of disingenuous fuckweasels who constantly make arguments in bad faith and then whine when you refuse to engage in their obvious bullshit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trapezium Dave posted:

The Australian ran that particular Leak cartoon, you all know the one, as the "Best of Bill Leak" cartoon today. The bloke won Walkleys, Stanleys and had multiple acclaimed Archibald entries and yet his legacy is going to be the work that won him a Gay Abortion. :smith:
I mean, I don't actually know the one. Like, I assume it's the "wot's his name then" but I would have assumed it was the "Waffen-SSM" one if they hadn't already run that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Could someone explain this one to me? Also whats the red puddle?

• Locked thread