Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS PONTUS" times infinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Where? Showing up as full price on steam to me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1392233274185202&substory_index=0&id=113800552028487

Apparently it's taking its time updating but should be all of this weekend.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

What was that about again?

Pontus is cool though, Mithridates VI is one of my all time favorite historical figures.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Randarkman posted:

What was that about again?

Pontus is cool though, Mithridates VI is one of my all time favorite historical figures.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

TWC is the Chaos Wastes of the Total War fandom.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
imo that's part of the appeal of doing a fantasy total war, CA is bad enough at even resembling history that it's kind of grating, so it's nice to have a setting where they don't have to bother

Corrode posted:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1392233274185202&substory_index=0&id=113800552028487

thanks!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Using Steel Faith, an all-Grail Bretonnian army can have around 250~ men that can rout armies ten times larger than it on the regular :stare:

I was rather overgeared for the Chaos Errantry War.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Corrode posted:

Son of a bitch, I just bought Chaos two days ago...

E: Oh well, 25% isn't that big a loss.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
For those who want something similar price-wise but for Wood Elves, check out https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1796-buy-key-steam-total-war-warhammer-realm-of-the-wood-elves/ as that is 22% off for me at the moment, though the price varies it seems.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Run into a bit of a problem in my Empire playthrough, I confederated Middenland finally when the rear end in a top hat was getting his poo poo pushed in by nords he finally gave it up, but the leader Boris Todbringer was dead when I confederated, and after his death timer ran out I'm still unable to recruit him for some reason. Is it bugged or should I hire a potato general and see if he shows up (I have one poo poo guy I recruited and disbanded earlier maybe he's taking the spot)

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Indecisive posted:

Run into a bit of a problem in my Empire playthrough, I confederated Middenland finally when the rear end in a top hat was getting his poo poo pushed in by nords he finally gave it up, but the leader Boris Todbringer was dead when I confederated, and after his death timer ran out I'm still unable to recruit him for some reason. Is it bugged or should I hire a potato general and see if he shows up (I have one poo poo guy I recruited and disbanded earlier maybe he's taking the spot)

Boris apparently only gets unlocked for use if you buy the beastmen expansion

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I just started a Wurrzag campaign and suddenly everyone I run into is doing magic damage. No idea how Grimgor or random Orc Warbosses are getting it, I'm checking their stats after I confederated them and nothing seems to be doing it.

Is this a bug? Cuz every Lord I run into is wrecking my Savage Orcs. I don't think they have it as standard, they don't in the custom screen.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Spakstik posted:

He's only for skirmish, I think. Same with the Red Duke and Sarthorael.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Indecisive posted:

This is a bug that happens if he's wounded/dead when you confederate Middenland. He should still appear in your offices tab, but he'll never actually appear to deploy to the field. It sucks. :(

Spakstik posted:

That's for custom battles and multiplayer. He should be available in the campaign if you confederate Middenland, as long as he's alive when you do so.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Varam posted:

This is a bug that happens if he's wounded/dead when you confederate Middenland. He should still appear in your offices tab, but he'll never actually appear to deploy to the field. It sucks. :(

That's for custom battles and multiplayer. He should be available in the campaign if you confederate Middenland, as long as he's alive when you do so.
Pretty sure he won't be "Legendary" either so if he dies, he's dead, just like Belegar if you confederate Angrund as Dwarfs.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Estalia would make sense to add at the same time as Skaven. Skavenblight is right next door and iirc they fight each other a lot in the fluff

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
And here we are again friends, ive got a tiny Fix Mod for the Wood Elves for you this time:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884895670

For some reason CA either decided or, more probably, forgot that the buff for killing captives should last 5 turns, not 1.

Im also working on an Empire Slight Overhaul Mod, it is 99% done with just a niggling tooltip error/problem in regards to unlocking Karl Franz i have to fix before i feel i can let it out into the world.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

That sucks, I really needed a another general so getting a good level one for free would be sick. Oh well, still got a few other shitlands to confederate.

Not really digging Empire overall though, none of their units really feel special. Was really looking forward to trying magic out but it's all pretty blah, vortex spells SHOULD be sick but they're impossible to use well, even if you place them well the enemy dodges, ugh. I'd totally boot this white wizard to try a grey one if he wasn't my #1 assassin.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Indecisive posted:

That sucks, I really needed a another general so getting a good level one for free would be sick. Oh well, still got a few other shitlands to confederate.

Not really digging Empire overall though, none of their units really feel special. Was really looking forward to trying magic out but it's all pretty blah, vortex spells SHOULD be sick but they're impossible to use well, even if you place them well the enemy dodges, ugh. I'd totally boot this white wizard to try a grey one if he wasn't my #1 assassin.

They're not special. They're meat for Sigmar's glorious grinder.

Unless you are running a steam tank armoured division. That's pretty special.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Might do that, tbh I haven't really figured out what steam tanks DO though. Do you put them by the front lines, in the back like regular artillery, way off to the side to be an rear end in a top hat from the flanks without getting mowed down by cavalry? I suppose artillery is the Empire's specialty, they have a good selection, I'm just not very good at utilizing them I suppose. Dwarves were much easier because every single unit was a rock and you could hold a front for days while artillery and archers put the beat down, these spearboys and swordfellows just melt in comparison. What's a good army comp for them for lategame? Chaos and Nords are my primary enemies now. Also side question, what do you do about those 'nothing but chariots' armies, they are real fuckers.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Indecisive posted:

Might do that, tbh I haven't really figured out what steam tanks DO though. Do you put them by the front lines, in the back like regular artillery, way off to the side to be an rear end in a top hat from the flanks without getting mowed down by cavalry? I suppose artillery is the Empire's specialty, they have a good selection, I'm just not very good at utilizing them I suppose. Dwarves were much easier because every single unit was a rock and you could hold a front for days while artillery and archers put the beat down, these spearboys and swordfellows just melt in comparison. What's a good army comp for them for lategame? Chaos and Nords are my primary enemies now. Also side question, what do you do about those 'nothing but chariots' armies, they are real fuckers.

I haven't gotten to ham it up with steam tanks myself yet, but as far as I know the answer is "all of the above and moooore" like a lovely sales commercial.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish you could autoresolve quest battles after one legit victory. Especially the dwarf and empire initial easy rear end battles. The empire one sucks bc you have to set up in a forest and in the dwarf one I'm sick of that lame goblin "ambush". Your deployment zone is so far back that they don't even flank you, and then the allied AI copters zoom in and inflict more casualties than the goblins could ever hope to via friendly fire.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You build 4-20 steam tanks and stack them up as a separate support army, then have them reinforce battles and micro them like Shermans.

edit: works best if you have Volkmar riding in alongside them on his mobile church because it looks funny.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Steam tanks are like artillery that can also fight like a monster with really high armor.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steam tanks are panthers, the warhammer sherman is clearly the dinosaur with poison blow pipes.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I keep steam tanks on the flanks. They're artillery you don't need to worry about defending. Once the lines engages, I maneuver them around to get some nice flank shots in. You can move them in really close to take advantage of their steam gun, or just rear-charge with them, as the situation requires. If your army gets wiped, they're generally the last thing standing.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Indecisive posted:

Use the net spell on the white wizard, pair it with handgunners.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Indecisive posted:

Steam tanks are tougher than God and can tie up incredible amount of dudes in melee, right in front of your crossbows and handguns.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Yeah Steam Tanks kinda own and you should have 2 in every Empire army you field.

I'm pretty sure you can just auto calc every siege fight ever with 20 of them.

If not, 40.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Knobb Manwich posted:

Steam tanks are tougher than God and can tie up incredible amount of dudes in melee, right in front of your crossbows steam tanks and handguns steam tanks.

I'm pretty sure steam tanks are also healable with life magic too, because that makes sense.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I've finished 2 empire campaigns and have never used a steam tank because by the time I can build one and get it to the front lines I've already won :/

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Zudgemud posted:

I'm pretty sure steam tanks are also healable with life magic too, because that makes sense.

a sequence of life spells. stone to flesh to stone again

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Zudgemud posted:

It's the magical version of brundlefly at the end of The Fly. No wonder those tanks cause terror! They're all cronenberged up inside from the heal spells.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Varam posted:

Are you positive? Because I'm actually running into the exact same problem as the guy I quoted. I confederated Middenland, but I can't actually recruit Boris. I can assign him a position in the imperial court, so he's definitely not dead, but he doesn't show up in the list of available lords for leading armies.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Spakstik posted:

Are you positive? Because I'm actually running into the exact same problem as the guy I quoted. I confederated Middenland, but I can't actually recruit Boris. I can assign him a position in the imperial court, so he's definitely not dead, but he doesn't show up in the list of available lords for leading armies.

I've gotten him from confederating Middenland in the past. He was alive with an army on the campaign map at the time. Maybe if he is wounded when you confederate then he won't transfer over properly?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Spakstik posted:

You are describing the same thing he is. The terminology discipline is really lax here and causing confusion. Boris is always alive. He is a Faction Leader so he can't be killed. Unless the faction is destroyed he can only be wounded. "Alive" in this case should really be "not in a wounded state". It's him being wounded at the time of confederation occurs that causes the bug.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

You are describing the same thing he is. The terminology discipline is really lax here and causing confusion. Boris is always alive. He is a Faction Leader so he can't be killed. Unless the faction is destroyed he can only be wounded. "Alive" in this case should really be "not in a wounded state". It's him being wounded at the time of confederation occurs that causes the bug.

Got it. Since he's not a legendary lord I figured he could be killed permanently like any other lord. Didn't realize faction leaders are exempt.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Spakstik posted:

Got it. Since he's not a legendary lord I figured he could be killed permanently like any other lord. Didn't realize faction leaders are exempt.

Yeah, every in-game faction (playable or not) has at least one immortal leader that will keep returning. I first noticed it with that rear end in a top hat Emil Von Whatever from Marienburg who kept coming back despite repeated application of the Emperor's justice.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I had Boris in my last Empire game, but he was bugged so that he couldn't use his horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah, every in-game faction (playable or not) has at least one immortal leader that will keep returning. I first noticed it with that rear end in a top hat Emil Von Whatever from Marienburg who kept coming back despite repeated application of the Emperor's justice.

Surtha Ek, forever raiding, never scored.

• Locked thread