Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

screaden posted:

What the gently caress is this?

Seems pretty obvious that it's a rap based on Horizon Zero Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Wandle Cax posted:

Seems pretty obvious that it's a rap based on Horizon Zero Dawn

Holy poo poo it's so bad though.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

welcome to youtube.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uh excuse me, it clearly says it's an EPIC rap

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it's not too bad if you mute it and scroll up a bit to cover up the subtitles.

So, were you guys hooked out the gate on Nier or does it take some time? I'm definetly liking it to some degree after a few hours, but it feels a little...bland? I guess. I did just run into a weird rear end story beat which ups my interest :lol: robots trying to gently caress but the gameplay and exploration seem super bare bones and it isn't much to look at (nice art direction/music though) I'm kind of hoping it ramps up to a point where I'm feeling less ambivalent about the whole thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

So, were you guys hooked out the gate on Nier or does it take some time? I'm definetly liking it to some degree after a few hours, but it feels a little...bland? I guess. I did just run into a weird rear end story beat which ups my interest :lol: robots trying to gently caress but the gameplay and exploration seem super bare bones and it isn't much to look at (nice art direction/music though) I'm kind of hoping it ramps up to a point where I'm feeling less ambivalent about the whole thing.

Their are gameplay changes but they aren't going to change drastically and the story racks up in insanity as you go, especially endings D,E.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

By like the middle of playthrough 2 I was hooked by the general tone and weirdness of the thing, and the story really ramps up from there until the last ending, which is just amazing.

It's kind of a whole picture thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone have an old PS Move Navigation controller they don't need/want anymore?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

So, were you guys hooked out the gate on Nier or does it take some time? I'm definetly liking it to some degree after a few hours, but it feels a little...bland? I guess. I did just run into a weird rear end story beat which ups my interest :lol: robots trying to gently caress

I'd say keep doing side quests and keep going through Route B and see how you feel. There's a Majora's Mask-esque quality to how the side quests flesh out the different communities and Route B does a lot to flesh out the machines. Hammer out the machines? Steel plate the machines?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Everyone keeps talking about multiple endings in Nier:A.

How long is one play through?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Everyone keeps talking about multiple endings in Nier:A.

How long is one play through?

Route A is 10+ hours depending on how many sidequests you ignore(but you should do them because they tie into the worldbuilding / mainstory)
Route B is ~5 hours
Route C is another 10+ hours, once again depending on sidequests.
Route D and E are like 10 mins because you can just skip right to the end of C and pick the other choice.

So at least 25-30 hours, probably closer to 40 if you do most of the sidequests.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Alright I got to Disneyland and fought some sort of opera robot and I'm on board. I honestly have no idea what the gently caress is going on but I'm in.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I'm 28 hours in Nier 2 and working on ending C. I've finished all but two side quests and unlocked 83% of the weapons. I figure about four more hours on ending C. So pretty meaty. I haven't grinder to get the All Weapons Maxed ending yet to that will likely be another couple of hours.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Just wanted to pop in and say Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is a goddamn gem of a game and it's out now on PS4 for y'all https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/momodora-reverie-under-the-moonlight-ps4/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm on the final mission of nioh but some bitch keeps wasting my ochoko cups i'm trying to use to make things go smoother by joining, taunting, and departing. lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Yodzilla posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is a goddamn gem of a game and it's out now on PS4 for y'all https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/momodora-reverie-under-the-moonlight-ps4/

This looks really neat. Going on my wishlist.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
On the verge of finishing/platinuming HZD. What a loving incredible game, I stopped playing Nioh to try it and haven't been able to go back. I really hope they do a Witcher 3 style DLC. Sony exclusives are hitting it out of the park right now.

I also think a prequel game where you play as the human forces would rock; getting slaughtered from city to city to buy time for a super weapon that doesn't exist would make for a really compelling game. Listening to the military dudes recordings was pretty grim. "Hey honey we may have a chance" to "Oh god they just keep coming..."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kortel posted:

I'm 28 hours in Nier 2 and working on ending C. I've finished all but two side quests and unlocked 83% of the weapons. I figure about four more hours on ending C. So pretty meaty. I haven't grinder to get the All Weapons Maxed ending yet to that will likely be another couple of hours.

there isn't an all weapons maxed ending in nier automata

unless it's one of the gag endings. the main endings are very easy and obvious to figure out (just play the game and you're bound to get the true ending), unlike every other yoko taro game ever made

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Maxing all the weapons (and doing all the sidequests, IIRC) doesn't unlock an ending, but it DOES unlock an optional boss fight that ties up a few loose story treads.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

thankfully you don't need to have done all the sidequests

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Wait when did they change the notifications on PS4?

Ugh I liked it so much better before :negative:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Nier Automata is extremely good

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Crossposting from the PSN thread:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/hardware/cech4300c.html
The PS3 hardware page is now indicating they're stopping shipments soon, effectively signaling the end of the console.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm not sure if anyone cares but Nier is back in stock on Amazon with one day shippint and still has the prime discount. It was out of stock for a while there

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

the main endings are very easy and obvious to figure out (just play the game and you're bound to get the true ending), unlike every other yoko taro game ever made

That just means no-one's figured out the true ending yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rain World looks kind of cool. Isn't it out on PC? Anyone played it?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

veni veni veni posted:

Rain World looks kind of cool. Isn't it out on PC? Anyone played it?

Last kickstarter update says march 28th for Steam and PS4, and checking humble where the kickstarter key was redeemed, it still doesn't have a download link for me. Maybe only people at a special tier?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Maxing all the weapons (and doing all the sidequests, IIRC) doesn't unlock an ending, but it DOES unlock an optional boss fight that ties up a few loose story treads.
Said boss fight does lead to a permanently missable joke ending if you don't die during a part of it though.
It's just some lines of text but it's the one genuine missable thing on the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I got into a Cauldron in HZD expecting to get some answers as to what happened in the past. Now I only have more questions, because this clearly isn't the same architecture or technology as in the Ruins :suspense:.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Just wait/keep playing. It only gets better.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The first Cauldron was where I realized how much I was gonna like that game. And yeah it just gets better for the most part.

Zaphod42 posted:

Last kickstarter update says march 28th for Steam and PS4, and checking humble where the kickstarter key was redeemed, it still doesn't have a download link for me. Maybe only people at a special tier?

I think I screwed up, it's not out yet anywhere.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well I got into a Cauldron in HZD expecting to get some answers as to what happened in the past. Now I only have more questions, because this clearly isn't the same architecture or technology as in the Ruins :suspense:.

Yeah, it gets better the deeper into the rabbit hole you go. Make sure to read/listen to all of the focus things you come across in the main quest lines.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

unlawfulsoup posted:

Yeah, it gets better the deeper into the rabbit hole you go. Make sure to read/listen to all of the focus things you come across in the main quest lines.

I have absolutely zero intention of missing any lore items :suspense:.

I also should not have tried to take on a Stormhawk :supaburn:.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Zaphod42 posted:

Wait when did they change the notifications on PS4?

Ugh I liked it so much better before :negative:

The current 4.50 FW made that change.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Dehry posted:

Crossposting from the PSN thread:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/hardware/cech4300c.html
The PS3 hardware page is now indicating they're stopping shipments soon, effectively signaling the end of the console.

Where I live, stores haven't been selling new PS3s for a good long while.

Didn't last quite as long as the PS2, but close enough - PS2s stopped being made 13 years after launch, and this'll be 11 years for the PS3.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Holy poo poo some random Japanese tattoo artist I have on Instagram just spoiled part of the plot of Horizon for me.

His instagram story was just some cut scene of a game, I watched it for like 8 seconds until it cut to Aloy. God dammit Internet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-msmx9yW5Q

Holy fucken lol

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Mar 17, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Holy poo poo some random Japanese tattoo artist I have on Instagram just spoiled part of the plot of Horizon for me.

His instagram story was just some cut scene of a game, I watched it for like 8 seconds until it cut to Aloy. God dammit Internet.
I hate this. but it is part of the internet. I get that people want to share cool/awesome/funny or engaging moments. Just wish it could be done without spoiling stuff. I can only play Nier.A for an hour or 2 each day. everbody is already at the end and spoling some moments. Have managed to avoid them so far.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Question about Horizon; Am I going to get a map leading me to the location of Ruins at some point, or are they all story things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Holy poo poo when was Full Throttle announced?! Preordered for under a tenner on the UK store.