Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is anybody else mostly using this event to chew through a tremendous backlog of realm elites? it's kind of exhausting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Firion BSB on dollar draw..... NOICE

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

is anybody else mostly using this event to chew through a tremendous backlog of realm elites? it's kind of exhausting

Nah. It's probably useful if you really need mithril and stamina shards, but if you have a decent bank of mithril for anniversary banners, orbfest is best. The realm dungeons will be there later (and serve as a useful mine for later banners).

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Ugh. Last time I got a 5* on my 100 gem was the second FF9 banner. That was, what, 16-18 banners ago?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

This orbfest is actually worse on a stamina-per-XP and stamina-per-orb basis (though not on combined metrics) than the very quickly upcoming new dailies. Just for the record.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
also it's weird how absolutely grueling the trash is in some like 120 elite dungeons relative to things like ultimate bosses

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

HPanda posted:

Nah. It's probably useful if you really need mithril and stamina shards, but if you have a decent bank of mithril for anniversary banners, orbfest is best. The realm dungeons will be there later (and serve as a useful mine for later banners).

I've actually been going stamina positive doing half price realms, but I did set it up a bit ahead of time. I left myself some of the cheaper and 2 shard ones to help out with refreshes. I do a 90 stam fest run, spend my next 120ish stam getting a refresh for 150+, and repeat. I also haven't bought any from the store, so I can use those when I'm 4/5 to speed up some refreshes.

Doesn't make a huge difference, but it's been nice to clear them out at essentially no cost. The half off should continue for another six days after fest is over, that's when I'm planning to do the remainder that don't give shards.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Went ahead and threw 50 Mythril at the new FF II banner because gently caress it, they're giving out tons of mythril for the anniversary.

2/11, Emperor's Cloak and Gladius (II). This pleases me.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Zurai posted:

This orbfest is actually worse on a stamina-per-XP and stamina-per-orb basis (though not on combined metrics) than the very quickly upcoming new dailies. Just for the record.

But the new dailies aren't here yet

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Alxprit posted:

But the new dailies aren't here yet

I think it's more of warning to people who plan to drop a ton of mythril on refreshing stamina. Depending on why you're grinding, there will soon be a better daily for you to spend your mythril on

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Got Leila's poison BSB on a dollar pull, which is pretty weird but hey, I'll take a BSB!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

W.T. Fits posted:

Went ahead and threw 50 Mythril at the new FF II banner because gently caress it, they're giving out tons of mythril for the anniversary.

2/11, Emperor's Cloak and Gladius (II). This pleases me.

Yeah, you know what? Im itching to pull on something, so gently caress it. I'm pulling.

Edit: Emperors cloak and Diamond Helm

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 17, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

You guys inspired me to pull and no regrets, 2/11 Firion and Emperor's BSBs!!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I must remain strong and wait until the anniversary. I was thinking "I don't need another dark mage, but the Emperor being Dark/Wind makes it a bit more interesting, because now I'm thinking about him and Fujin and Alphinaud if I ever pull anything for him.

Also, the only other item I'd possible want in II is on the second banner. I have two OSBs that are both Earth, and a few Earth Bursts, and Maria would make an earth team even stronger. And the banner also has Imperil Earth, which is pretty rare- I think imperil Earth will only show up again in the IV event and then the XIV event much later.

Difficult. But At least the event will still be around when we find out whats on the anniversary banners.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Kinda tempted to pull on this since the only II gear I have is Leon's BSB, and there honestly don't seem to be any trash pulls on this banner, but ugh I told myself I'd stay strong.

But I'm sitting on 200 mythril with none of the new dungeons done - how much more free mythril is getting given away? There are still 3 lucky draws coming up, right? if I could pull on those and the II banner and still have enough for 4 pulls on the anniversary banners, I'd probably give in.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I must remain strong and wait until the anniversary. I was thinking "I don't need another dark mage, but the Emperor being Dark/Wind makes it a bit more interesting, because now I'm thinking about him and Fujin and Alphinaud if I ever pull anything for him.

Also, the only other item I'd possible want in II is on the second banner. I have two OSBs that are both Earth, and a few Earth Bursts, and Maria would make an earth team even stronger. And the banner also has Imperil Earth, which is pretty rare- I think imperil Earth will only show up again in the IV event and then the XIV event much later.

Difficult. But At least the event will still be around when we find out whats on the anniversary banners.
Yang's earth imperil is about a month off, Garlond's burst earth imperil a few months after that.

Handy dandy imperil and enhance list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sCfEd0JjP8OMgdkUWLmn8xvKAO3zZPPAscjwLuu49SI/edit#gid=1660705577

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I pulled cause I had jack poo poo for FFII synergy and there apparently hasnt been a II event since this one in Japan. Also Firion's burst is apparently amazing. I may do one for banner 2 but I'll try to wait for the anniversary banner reveals first.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to pull here but the more I look at it the more attractive both II banners become. Even though I still need the Raines Burst, and its not guaranteed we're getting the Holy Chain Break Banner yet.

Thinking about after the anniversary, I'm likely to want to pull on X because I have no synergy and I'm hoping to play through X and X-2 very soon, and probably also at least one pull on Tactics, IV, and VIII for Selphie/Squall/Irvine/Edea/Seriously Banner 1 in the next VIII looks good. And then of course theres the Cloud USB event...

We won't find out the anniversary banners for at least another week right?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Info for XV event on JP: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5zvwfu/crownsguard_journey_with_sworn_friends_jp/

Cinnamon Bear posted:

We won't find out the anniversary banners for at least another week right?
kongbakpao posts for festival banners:
-December: 6 days before (post dated Dec 20, banners started Dec 26)
-September: 4 days before (post dated Sep 21, banners started Sep 25)
-June: 2 days before (post dated June 23, banners started June 25)

8 days before would be tomorrow but that just seems way too far ahead. My guess is Sunday or Monday.

I'm creeping up toward 150 mythril so I'm thinking about blowing pulls on XIII for Raines BSB like a foolish fool

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
For quick reference on the newbies, that's

Gladiolus
Combat 5/Knight 5/Samurai 5
Dagger/Sword/Katana/Axe
Shield/Hat/Helm/Light Armor/Robe/Bracer

Iris
White Magic 5/Monk 3/Dancer 4 (5 in her record spheres)
Dagger/Fist/Rod/Staff/Thrown
Hat/Light Armor/Robe/Bracer

XV going strong out of the gate.

We've also got advance info on the next XI event, and it's got confirmed Ayame BSB. We might have to wait that long for it in Global, but the event itself is a regular XI event, so no collab woes.
Aphmau looks to be a dedicated white mage for XI.

Banner 1: posted:

Curilla's Gluttony Sword [USSB, +10 ATK] - ATK/MAG/DEF +30% and Radiant Shield to party

Aphmau's Jadagna [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Haste, Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant Cast

Aphmau's Aristocrat's Crown [BSSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal and MAG & MND +30%, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h60 heal, activates Activate Mode; 4 single-target Lightning/NE white magic attacks, single-target h60 heal, deactivates Activate Mode
Defend -> h25 heal to party; + 2 single-target Lightning/NE white magic attacks under Activate Mode

Zeid's Arondight [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 100% Stun, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Curilla's T. K. Army Sword[BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Holy/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF +50% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, High Regen to user
Defend -> 2 AOE Holy/NE physical attacks, Sentinel

Curilla's Royal Squire's Mufflers [LMR, +10 ATK] - ?% chance to cover PHY attacks for allies, at ?% reduced damage
Aphmau's Alkyoneus's Bracelets [LMR, +10 MND] - When using single-target healing abilities, ?% chance to grant 2000 HP Stock

Aphmau's Earth Doublet [SSB, +10 MND] - Astra & High Regen to party

Zeid's Scutum[SSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/Ice physical attacks, multiplier increases as HP decreases, 40% max HP heal to user

Curilla's Iron Musketeer's Cuirass[SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, 40% max HP heal & Esuna to party
Shantotto's Jupiter's Staff [SSB, +10 MAG] - 8 random NE magic attacks, Quick Magic 5 to user

Banner 2: posted:

Lion's Darksteel Baselard [USSB, +10 ATK] - 9 random physical attacks, Instant Cast, Hyper Break, Instant Cast 2 to user

Ayame's Kiku-ichimonji [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Ice/NE Overflow physical attack, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness

Ayame's Soboro Sukehiro [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK & RES +30% to user, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, 0.825 CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Lion's Lust Dagger [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 5 single-target physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -40%
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, ATK -40%, 0.825s CT
Defend -> Single-target physical attack, DEF -40%, 0.825s CT

Prishe's Sainti [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, Quick Monk 5 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~6 single-target physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on amount of Monk abilities used, resets counter after use
Defend -> 4 single-target physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Ayame's Myochin Domaru [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Samurai abilities, 35% chance to grant Quick Cast 1
Lion's Kidney Dagger [LMR, +10 ATK] - Stat Debuff Duration +30%

Prishe's Monsoon Jinpachi [SSB, +10 ATK] - 40% max HP heal, Guts & High Regen to party
Lion's Gaia Doublet [SSB, +10 ATK] - 5~7 AOE physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's SPD, DEF & RES -50%
Ayame's Ochiudo's Kote [SSB, +10 ATK] - 5 AOE Wind physical attacks, Instant Cast, Haste to party, ATK +50% to user
Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Coat [SSB, +10 MAG] - 8 random Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks, MAG & RES +30% to party

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ended up doing a pull on the II banner just so I have some synergy, got 4/11, but it was 2x Diamond Helm, Ricard's Cuirass, and Golden Armor, which were the only relics I wasn't particularly excited about. I've had terrible luck getting any BSBs or OSBs lately. Was at least hoping for a weapon or two for a synergy stick but I suppose armor is harder to come by.

Golden Armor will be nice for CMs at least, which is most of the reason that I threw a pull at it anyway.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
gently caress that double stamina shard drop in the FFT dungeon, I accidentally refilled at like 150 stamina :negative:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Dollar draw got me Firion's EnHoly SSB, which pairs VERY well with the BSB I already have for him. So the ideal thing to do is build up two bars and do SSB>BSB, yes?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

bilperkins2 posted:

Dollar draw got me Firion's EnHoly SSB, which pairs VERY well with the BSB I already have for him. So the ideal thing to do is build up two bars and do SSB>BSB, yes?

Yeah; both the entry and CMD2 are Holy/NE, so you'd want to Lifesiphon up two bars and then pop SSB into BSB and then just spam CMD 2 until things die.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

2/11, and of course they're both Leila SSB. :gonk:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, on a whim, I bought 300 gems to throw at $1 draws, and grabbed Leila's SSB.

Not going to complain about grabbing some synergy armor, and it seems like it could get some use.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Man I'm gonna have to save so much mythril for hat ffxi banner when it pops up. I love that game, and that gear looks super solid.

As for my banner drawing woes, firion's stuff isn't that interesting to me. His bsb and osb have odd gimmicks that I don't care about. Leila's bsb looks pretty nice, but I don't quite care about the rest. Sadly banner 2 has only like 3 relics that aren't repeats for me, so once again I'll end up skipping maria's bsb. So now I know I'm pulling again on the ffxiii banners. Still haven't decided which one. Doesn't matter though, I'll only get one item and it'll be lightning's unique sb.

Edit: Yeah I pulled on banner 1 again and got both of sazh's relics! I guess I'll just glue wrath to him and ignore his damage output, cause those are some pretty sweet utilities. I still have 50 mythril left too. I might just pull on banner 2 once to see what I get as well.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 17, 2017

Nendil
Apr 4, 2005

3D movies are the dumbest fad since pull-ups.
Um, what? What did I just pull from the free draw?? :aaaaa:

I thought it was impossible now...

Nendil fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 17, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Nendil posted:

Um, what? What did I just pull from the free draw?? :aaaaa:

I thought it was impossible now...

Grats! That's like a 0.01% chance or something.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am bad at waiting for things.

3/11: Leila BSB, Firion SSB, Emperor SSB

Was kind of hoping for Firion or Emperor BSB instead, but I'm not too disappointed. I'll have to figure out what to do with Leila though.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Leila's BSB actually has a completely unique dual break on its second command (ATK/MND -20%), and it's actually a mug command so it's a nearly unique stacking buff too. It's pretty good.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I am bad at waiting for things.

3/11: Leila BSB, Firion SSB, Emperor SSB

Was kind of hoping for Firion or Emperor BSB instead, but I'm not too disappointed. I'll have to figure out what to do with Leila though.

That emperor cloak has a dark damage bonus on it.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Sprite141 posted:

As for my banner drawing woes, firion's stuff isn't that interesting to me. His bsb and osb have odd gimmicks that I don't care about.

What's the odd gimmick? I have Firion's BSB and it's pretty normal as long as you know that CMD 1 is a trap, you're supposed to just spam command 2. Instant Magic Blink on entry is pretty rad, especially for when you know a magic attack is scripted.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Firion BSB's gimmick is being absurdly good in nearly every situation

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh? Is command 1 a trap? I knew his chain-command stuff played similarly to raijin's bsb but far inferior.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sprite141 posted:

Oh? Is command 1 a trap? I knew his chain-command stuff played similarly to raijin's bsb but far inferior.

It's not a trap, but it's basically pure upside on a fight thats long enough. Just life siphon one extra time before you pop his BSB the first time and always refresh the BSB while burst mode is still active. On fights that last long enough, command 1 is great DPS. On fights that don't last long enough, just spam command 2, it's a perfectly good chainable instant hit.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, it (and Reno's similar BSB Command 1) start at 1 hit and go up to 8.

This means that you have to use the move 8 times for the max DPS, and if you use it less than 6, it won't break even with just spamming command 2 (which is 4 hits with a powerchain effect). In order to even get 6 hits, you'll have to be in a fight where you use more than one full burst period. Thankfully it doesn't reset the counter when you reapply burst, but you're generally not going to be seeing a lot of use out of Firion BSB Command 1 unless you're in a Torment fight (and similarly Reno's command 1 won't see as much use before U+ tier since his Command 2 is less immediately useful).

EDIT: Also, if you're really unimpressed with the burst commands, Firion BSB is perfectly servicable as a spammable SB; instant-cast Magic Blink is nothing to sneeze at whatsoever even before the damage.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 17, 2017

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's not a trap, but it's basically pure upside on a fight thats long enough. Just life siphon one extra time before you pop his BSB the first time and always refresh the BSB while burst mode is still active. On fights that last long enough, command 1 is great DPS. On fights that don't last long enough, just spam command 2, it's a perfectly good chainable instant hit.

I don't believe you have to refresh the burst while it is still active in order to maintain the number of hits. I believe it is a "buff" (with no visible effect) that lasts for 25 seconds, so you'll have something like 8 seconds (nearly two full actions) after the burst ends to recast it and not lose the hit counter.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I need a support and a medica for XIII and I've got 2 dupes an banner 2 so :rolldice:

not what I wanted but Fang is pretty cool and Imperil Lighting may come in handy some time. Plus I have the Kaiser Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Because I'm broken brains I decided to give a banner a tug.

Ricard ssb x2
Emperor ssb x1

Well that's my first dark boost equipment at least.

Also medica update! Turns out I had more than I thought I just didn't see them.

Porom: Hastega and Medica
Eiko: Reraise and Medica
Garnet: Resist Up, Hastega, Major Regen
Vanille: BSB Instant Medica, BSB command smaller medica
Ramza: Medica
Onion Knight: Damage/Medica

So Porom can cover haste and medica, cool. But Eiko and Vanille give better oh poo poo I fricked it options(also damage is cool).

Faris has breaking covered. I could RW wall or I could drag Ysh along and waste a spot.

Porom, Faris, x, x, x RW wall (the sane well adjusted person's option)
Damage Vanille?, Faris, Ysh, x, x RW haste + boost/faith? (I'd need a holy debuff for this and an extra holy sb user, gains are questionable)

I need a boost or faith user who doesn't hamstring my party next I think. I've got Desch's hurt myself Boostga, Lenna's Hastega/Boostga, Mog's Heavy Regen/Boostga. Nothing to write home about without swallowing a team spot.

Anyone see a combination here that isn't bad with Faris that I'm not seeing?

• Locked thread