Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's not that physical games are inconvenient, it's just that downloaded titles are as convenient a thing as it's possible for anything to even be. It's all just right there on the menu screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Someone needs to make some rails that glue or stick really hard onto the back of the Joy‑Con grips that could hold both L and R straps. Tons of flat area to house them both.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Is it easy to sell Wii u games? Part of the reason I'm going digital is because I figure everyone will buy the half dozen or so games they care about in 2017 and there'll be no market later. Same with how Uncharted 4 is almost impossible to sell on PS4.

Depends on the game. First party Nintendo games and things like that Bayonetta 2 w/the Bayonetta 1 disc still sell well. You'll be able to sell UC4 in the future, it is just too close to release and that game was pretty much a universal buy for everyone. Give it a few years and people who just got the PS4 will buy it, especially if you have the limited/special edition version like I got with that art book or whatever. I think the FF7 remake will sell a decent number of PS4's and people who just got one will want to go back and buy UC4... though it probably will be $20 on Amazon by then. Nintendo are a little more stingy with their games and they may sell for $50 instead of $60 after 5 years or so.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr Cheeto posted:

My only regret is not getting the wind waker Link/Zelda amiibo combo

loving SAME.

Godddddamnit I want the Toon gear so bad it hurts.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Can you only redeem eshop cards on the console? Not online?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Tender Bender posted:

Lol yeah let me go with the inconvenience of physical over digital so I can save tens of dollars by selling all my all-time great games back to gamestop.

You can't lick digital copies, silly bitch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dizz posted:

:yeah:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dizz posted:

download to the sd card and you can get it in whatever flavor you want, the cartridge taste mod community is strong

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So Has Been Heroes is 20USD on the US eShop and 40AUD (30USD) on the Aussie eShop.

Good job whoever is in charge of pricing :downsbravo:

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Infinitum posted:

So Has Been Heroes is 20USD on the US eShop and 40AUD (30USD) on the Aussie eShop.

It costs a lot of money to ship data over the internet pipeline....

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This game desperately needed like an accessory slot or something. The snow/sand shoes being your pants slot is dumb and the gem circlets shoulda been rings or necklaces.

edit: whoops I meant to post this in the Zelda thread but whatever.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 17, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The AUD price probably includes VAT.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

The AUD price probably includes VAT.

No. Other games are priced comparatively.
10 USD = 13AUD for the stand alone Shovel Knight game for example.

Someone has just hosed up pricing on this one.

Not sure if I'm interested in HBH, but thank God for region free eShops if I am :v:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
How much is snipperflips

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

koolkal posted:

How much is snipperflips

20 USD

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

enojy posted:

Is that the new price? Up until now, every place was saying the digital Switch version would be $30.

Nope, those were the prices I saw when they were initially announced. There was a lot of grousing of why was the Switch version 10 dollars more than the PS4 version.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So the good thing about this video about whether there is a pro-Nintendo bias in game reviews is that this is the one time I can say "Have I got good news for you." if you watch this and for some reason are so mad at the guy in the middle you wish he was reprimanded in some way...

Like first of all take a step back and realize how much energy you're putting into about getting mad at somebody's opinion about video games.

But then hold on because like I said before you are gonna get some good news.

Edit: "Nobody would have given a poo poo about Splatoon if it came out on PS4 or Xbox One."

Woo boy. That is some logical thinking there.

"Everyone in the gaming media is biased! Not me though. :smug:"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is Lego City whatever at all reminiscent of a Lego Island type game? People have mentioned it's like GTA in Lego. Most lego games I've played are pretty much "here's this set piece from a popular movie, bash up the bits and collect lego parts to move the story forward." Something open world like in Lego Island where I get to decide where to go would be neat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Have you played Lego Island recently? It's... not how you remember it.

They should make Lego Racers 3. The second one was such a disappointment.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Have you played Lego Island recently? It's... not how you remember it.

They should make Lego Racers 3. The second one was such a disappointment.

It was a fun world that felt alive to my dumb kid brain. I just want that again.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Infinitum posted:

When I got my Switch they let us pre-buy HBH for $19.

So that was a good saving.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

LethalGeek posted:

Can confirm the amFilm/Case are good products and was happy to get them

Sweet, mine is supposed to arrive on Saturday.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

It was a fun world that felt alive to my dumb kid brain. I just want that again.

Same. I loved that game back in the day. I recently saw LGR's review and man, sometimes you can't go back home.

Though I'm sure an updated Lego Racer would work well. The original let you build a car, brick by brick, then race it. Do it again but put more emphasis on destruction!

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

il serpente cosmico posted:

Sweet, mine is supposed to arrive on Saturday.

You can also count me as someone happy with my amFilm protectors. No issue at all. I know some people have suggested that the adhesive fails after long gaming sessions, but this has not happened to me. After applying the protector and not touching the Switch at all for 24 hours, I've had it on for about a week and have done several long play sessions with no issue whatsoever.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You lost me there.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I get it!!!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I don't get it.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i miss the point.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What the hell is Triforce doing in Etika's room right now?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Healbot posted:

You lost me there.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

who? what? it's 2 dudes sitting infront of a monitor while holding up a laptop in front of it, one of which is playing a stream of their stream. why does this have 10k viewers

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

baram. posted:

who? what? it's 2 dudes sitting infront of a monitor while holding up a laptop in front of it, one of which is playing a stream of their stream. why does this have 10k viewers

Ok from what I've listened to and read so far someone came up to that one guy who waited in line for a Switch for half a month and attempted to swindle money from him and Triforce?

And Triforce is saying that he gave him the last of his personal money to the guy because the potential swindler said he had no money to get back home, or something.

Now Triforce has no money, I think.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Ok from what I've listened to and read so far someone came up to that one guy who waited in line for a Switch for half a month and attempted to swindle money from him and Triforce?

And Triforce is saying that he gave him the last of his personal money to the guy because the potential swindler said he had no money to get back home, or something.

This explains everything. Who is triforce?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I think he's a real life person?

Maybe we're all the triforce

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Normally I miss these when they get too abstract but for some reason I instantly knew.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Uh, is the patch for the input lag on Bomberman R what I just downloaded when I booted it up? Because the input lag is way WORSE now....

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bloodplay it again posted:

He was first in line for a 3DS and Wii U at the Nintendo World Store

And I think he owes some people he used to manage in the fighting game community a bunch of money he never paid them.

Here's an oddly elaborate piece on him from like half a decade ago that doesn't go into the alleged stuff but does talk about the line waiting.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So the good thing about this video about whether there is a pro-Nintendo bias in game reviews is that this is the one time I can say "Have I got good news for you." if you watch this and for some reason are so mad at the guy in the middle you wish he was reprimanded in some way...

Like first of all take a step back and realize how much energy you're putting into about getting mad at somebody's opinion about video games.

But then hold on because like I said before you are gonna get some good news.

Edit: "Nobody would have given a poo poo about Splatoon if it came out on PS4 or Xbox One."

Woo boy. That is some logical thinking there.

So this is the video where the guy who played a few minutes of the tutorial thinks the game is bad, right? Heard about it but been avoiding it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

He is an ex esports guy who ran a "team" and apparently didnt pay out prize money or reimburse travel expenses to his competitors and lost favor in the community, I don't know. But he is also the guy was has been first in line for the console releases for all the systems since the Wii and some games as well. Has a guiness world record for being first in line for Nintendo releases. Anyway, another youtuber CND waited in line for a month for the Switch outside the NYC Nintendo store to be officially the first in line for the Switch in NA, and Triforce waited with him to "pass the torch". Well some other guy hung around them for a few weeks and was supposed to do something sketchy to them, but didn't and supposedly lost his flight home because of that, then he complained about not being able to go home and they felt bad even though he was supposed to swindle them, and they helped him raise money on gofundme but he asked for $1500 at first for a plane ticket, they confronted him and he lowered it to $500. Then they found out he had money and just wanted to raise money from the community in order to have a plane ticket to PAX east and buy himself a Switch (so lied about going home).

gently caress, I feel like a loser for knowing that... I'm done with youtube...

edit: and apparently the guy who con'd them out of money performed a sexual act to get a Switch... I dunno... allegations, rumors, etc.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 17, 2017

• Locked thread