Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
TD doing TD. Maybe we see a signing today? Poe? Hankins? Logan? Tru extension?

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/840580022947721220

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

Saints.txt for the last 5 years.

Im pretty sure theyre just a money laundering organization right now.

Probably trying (poorly) to win football games. Just a guess.

It's like people forgot that they traded away Jimmy Graham two years ago and everyone had this same freakout and the offense still produced.

Receiver is the most replaceable position on the team and they need talent and depth at other places, especially for the post Brees years.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Yea, I think it's a good trade for the Saints. Short, speedy receivers are a dime a dozen so to get a 1st and 3rd for him is pretty good. I realize Cooks is very good, but it's not like he is irreplaceable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

The face of dementia.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:woop:

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/3/16/14948656/dontari-poe-atlanta-falcons-contract-one-year-8-million

:woop:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Boooo :mad:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

God drat im so happy to see the Falcons make a free agency move...

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Hope they figure Poe's back issues....

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Hope they figure Poe's back issues....

Falcons know all about having their backs broken so he should be fine

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

More like they know we are going...back...to the superbowl :smug:

Also gently caress Shanahan...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

More like they know we are going...back...to the superbowl :smug:

Also gently caress Shanahan...

I could have spotted you 25 words and you still wouldn't have been able to come up with a better response.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ The important thing to remember is the "gently caress Shanahan" part

Bring him home to New Orleans so Julio and Evans can dine on him twice a year imo

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/842524557885943808

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 17, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Saints can't afford him.

Besides that move would make way more sense for Atlanta.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
insert sherman atlanta joke, etc

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Saints can't afford him.

Besides that move would make way more sense for Atlanta.

For lulz, but not from a roster/needs stand point.

Trufant, Alford, and Poole are a very good trio. Even Jaelin Collins looks like he'll develop into something decent. Alford is mid-grade talent, but he's the one we have locked up the longest at this point.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i just meant coach connection + dimitroff loving his big free agency splashes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

i just meant coach connection + dimitroff loving his big free agency splashes

Sure, but that's outweighed by how little we need Corners, I think.

Now... if he was a safety, I'd probably agree.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We could probably use him in Tampa but first there would need to be qualifiers. Is Sherman married? If so is his wife on Twitter? If she is is she batshit crazy?

If the answer to any of these is no then we don't want him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

We could probably use him in Tampa but first there would need to be qualifiers. Is Sherman married? If so is his wife on Twitter? If she is is she batshit crazy?

If the answer to any of these is no then we don't want him.

Sherman is almost worse than Miko Grimes, because his mouth gets him in about as much trouble AND he's a locker room cancer to boot.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Grimes was excellent last year (led NFL in passes defended) but he's like 35 now so that could fall apart at any moment. Miko wasn't a problem at all from what I can recall. Sherm is still probably very good, but he's a heck of a headache and our defensive leader is happy warrior Gerald McCoy and I don't see that being compatible with Sherm's hyperagressive attitude.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

lol Gerald is such a nice guy I remember when he got poo poo from Schiano for helping up opposing players after the play was over.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

lol Gerald is such a nice guy I remember when he got poo poo from Schiano for helping up opposing players after the play was over.

Not trying to take anything away from Geralds generally chill style, but I see a lot of players do that. Schiano is just such a gigantic piece of poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Sing us a song, you're the Shiano Man
Sing us a song tonight

For we're all in the mood for a penalty
And you've got us feeling up tight

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

https://soundcloud.com/user237822301/schianhole

RIP Nrr :(

At least we'll always have the music.

Schiano was one of the hugest turds to ever coach in the NFL. Just a poo poo human being.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah just to be clear I was kidding about Sherman. I don't want him on the Bucs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I was really disappointed Miko didn't have any hot takes after the Super Bowl.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

https://soundcloud.com/user237822301/schianhole

RIP Nrr :(

At least we'll always have the music.

Schiano was one of the hugest turds to ever coach in the NFL. Just a poo poo human being.

loving Christ, he was talented.

gently caress this gay earth.

Just found his Watersfalls cover about The Chip Kelly Eagles.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 17, 2017

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

loving Christ, he was talented.

gently caress this gay earth.

Just found his Watersfalls cover about The Chip Kelly Eagles.

Nrr was a treasure. I recommend his 9 minute Browns themed cover of Don McLean's American Pie.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What loving kills me is LISTEN to his poo poo... oldest to newest. He was getting BETTER. So much better.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Awesome, Pioli brings in another of his loser slob castoffs. KC came out ahead when they signed Bennie Logan, a far superior player, to the same deal. Poe looked like a Joe when I saw him this season, and it was supposed to be a contract year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DNS posted:

Awesome, Pioli brings in another of his loser slob castoffs. KC came out ahead when they signed Bennie Logan, a far superior player, to the same deal. Poe looked like a Joe when I saw him this season, and it was supposed to be a contract year.

DNS with the hot takes.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

El

Oh

El

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/843471749819723776

Hell no. Might as well just sign him to a contract if you're gonna do that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/843471749819723776

Hell no. Might as well just sign him to a contract if you're gonna do that.

Yeah, Butler isn't going to sign a contract now, knowing that it just means he's going to be a Saint.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So I generally don't follow the NFL during offseason, but overall it seems like the Bucs made a lot of good moves, am I right to be optimistic for next year?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I wish I had a clue about how the off season works. Feels like I'm missing out

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

WampaLord posted:

So I generally don't follow the NFL during offseason, but overall it seems like the Bucs made a lot of good moves, am I right to be optimistic for next year?

They made two very good pickups in Jackson and Baker and resigned a bunch of their own promising players and didn't overpay for anyone so it was a good free agency period on paper.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So... who "won" free agency this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Serotonin posted:

I wish I had a clue about how the off season works. Feels like I'm missing out

What do you want to know?

Basically you can divide the off season into 5 parts. First from immediately following the super bowl until free agency is a mostly dead period where the only interesting things happening are players announcing retirement or getting arrested for doing stupid poo poo. Second you have free agency which begins with the official new league year. This is a time when free agents and unsigned players are able to negotiate with whichever team they wish to see if they can get paid a lot of money somewhere. The first 24 hours of free agency are especially exciting because most of the really good players get signed within that first 24 period. Third you have the time from after the first week of free agency until the NFL draft where everyone obsesses over who their team will draft and reads and makes 1000 mock drafts a day put out by "experts" who rarely make more than 20% correct selections in their analysis. After the Draft you have the second dead period where nothing really exciting happens except for maybe more arrests of players and this lasts until training camp begins, usually in July. Training camp and the preseason are the fifth period and they're mostly exciting for seeing which of your starters manages to get themselves seriously injured without playing a meaningful snap of football and if your quarterback reports to camp 30 pounds overweight. There's always some story about some scrappy undrafted free agent who's definitely going to make the team only to get cut in the first round of cuts too.

• Locked thread