Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Those were Xbox Live Indie Game (XBLIG) and unfortunately, that 'service'' has been shutdown by Microsoft but fortunately there's no shortage on poo poo on Steam, as Bloody Boobs has shown us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Speaking of Bloody Boobs, I miss the XBLA machinma episodes being a yearly thing. Maybe there's simply too much crap to sieve through.

Is XBox live indie games even a thing anymore? They could do it with Steam Greenlight I guess.

Edit: new page and beaten.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I hope Matt keeps pushing horrible XBL indie games, so we can finally get the full lp of Alpha Chimp we so rightfully deserve.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Grouchio's a really weird person that can only really experience things through the processed opinions of authority figures such as Youtube Video game Boner squads and Youtube alt-right pants shitters.
I have kind of lost the ability to think for myself at times out of fear of loving up badly if I were to.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Grouchio posted:

I have kind of lost the ability to think for myself at times out of fear of loving up badly if I were to.

Please go outside.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Grouchio posted:

:therapy:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Speaking of Bloody Boobs, I miss the XBLA machinma episodes being a yearly thing. Maybe there's simply too much crap to sieve through.

I bet it's the same kinda poo poo there now as there ever was, so maybe they can't really find anything new? Unity asset flips are the new bottom-barrel crap anyway, and they've been doing those here and there for a while now.

Grouchio posted:

loving up is how we grow and learn, man, don't worry about that. In fact, if you say something wrong and someone else convinces you it was wrong, they don't think you're bad for being wrong, they'll like that you could admit it and were listening enough to be convinced.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 16, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm completely blanking, what episode did Woolie do the ceiling of death in Anor Londo?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

in which Darkmoon Tomb is stared at on the menu and ignored

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

"You're so close to maxing out DEX!"

"Yeah. I am."

:argh:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

I'm completely blanking, what episode did Woolie do the ceiling of death in Anor Londo?

It was during the Woolie Watcher controversy I remember.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Foxhound posted:

Is XBox live indie games even a thing anymore? They could do it with Steam Greenlight I guess.

Edit: new page and beaten.

Greenlight is dead

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Greenlight is dead

Really? I keep seeing poo poo on Steam, though...

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Eric is a piece of poo poo

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Depths posted:

I love/hate that a giant plot hole emerges in the game if you don't play a skinny white male, because otherwise how does Eric convince people he was the one making that jump.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Depths posted:

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

This is just the beginning.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

hoobajoo posted:

I love/hate that a giant plot hole emerges in the game if you don't play a skinny white male, because otherwise how does Eric convince people he was the one making that jump.

I thought the implication was that Eric just did the same trick later and just never turned in your footage, but this plot is going 100 mph so hell if I know.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If I'm remembering right, at the end of the game he flat out taunts you with the video saying he never released the footage.
As much of a poo poo as he is, Eric does actually have skateboarding skills. And I don't think anyone mentions a helicopter (at least I didn't notice any mentions of it) when talking about his video, so him redoing the stunt isn't that crazy of an idea.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I always assumed, since the other guy doesn't mention that Eric done it over a helicopter, that Eric had just came back later and done the same spot.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Greenlight is dead

Greenlight isn't dead yet and there's no guarantee that the new system will substantially reduce the amount of crap released on Steam because Valve genuinely doesn't give a gently caress.

Either way, there's always itch.io which is completely unfiltered and mostly amateur/game jam projects of dubious quality.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Greenlight isn't dead yet and there's no guarantee that the new system will substantially reduce the amount of crap released on Steam because Valve genuinely doesn't give a gently caress.

Either way, there's always itch.io which is completely unfiltered and mostly amateur/game jam projects of dubious quality.

i'm pretty sure boosting the submission fee from 500 to 5000 will definitely cut down on a lot of the poo poo actually

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
On the other hand, it makes it a hell of a lot harder for everyone to get on Steam. I have indie dev friends who aren't exactly thrilled about it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Blockhouse posted:

On the other hand, it makes it a hell of a lot harder for everyone to get on Steam. I have indie dev friends who aren't exactly thrilled about it.

Yeah it blows for the actual small team/1 person devs trying to make something neat, just another time you can thank shifty assholes like DigiHom and those similar groups who pumped out hundreds of asset flips and zero effort clones for poisoning the well.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah it blows for the actual small team/1 person devs trying to make something neat, just another time you can thank shifty assholes like DigiHom and those similar groups who pumped out hundreds of asset flips and zero effort clones for poisoning the well.

I mean I can also blame Valve for refusing to put in even the slightest effort to policing their platform in the first place and allowing it to get this bad

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
We still don't know how large the fee is going to be, do we? Unless something's changed, they've only said that they've had suggestions as high as $5000 and for some reason everyone decided to assume that's the final number.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm pretty sure boosting the submission fee from 500 to 5000 will definitely cut down on a lot of the poo poo actually

It'll reduce the blatant return-on-investment asset flips games but it won't stop the naive amateurs who are really proud about the garbage they make, or the devs whose garbage panders to a hyper-specific niche that doesn't give a gently caress. Unless Valve starts manually and individually vetting games (which they will never do and I'm not sure I'd even trust them to do) there will always be more than enough poo poo to laugh at.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Why is Matt surprised and confused about literally everything in this THUG episode

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Why is Matt surprised and confused about literally everything in this THUG episode

He's Matt.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Woolie made a poll about the most despicable villains he's faced so far.
I'm glad the one true answer is winning as of right now.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Does anyone else lean on the whole "Tony Hawk is old" thing as much as the Best Friends? Like, do they make the same sort of jokes about Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you're complaining about them saying 48 being too old, you are old

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Didn't TH do some kind of exhibit just a few years ago where he did some really hard trick just to go like "yeah I can still do this suckers."

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

A good poster posted:

Does anyone else lean on the whole "Tony Hawk is old" thing as much as the Best Friends? Like, do they make the same sort of jokes about Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky?
To be fair, it just works better with Tony because skateboarding has more of an inherent connotation of teenage rebellion than either basketball or hockey do, so it makes for a bigger contrast. With Jordan they usually rely more on gambling addiction jokes

Foxhound posted:

Didn't TH do some kind of exhibit just a few years ago where he did some really hard trick just to go like "yeah I can still do this suckers."
also yes, he did, and just over a year ago. He worked with a team of designers to create a custom ramp to do it in too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaf8zHp-iaY&t=1s

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 17, 2017

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

A good poster posted:

Tony hawk is too fuckin old to be skateboarding, i dont give a poo poo if he's an icon, put him in the hall of fame or whatever and find a new skinny white boy to shove on a game box

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Justice Sloth posted:

To be fair, it just works better with Tony because skateboarding has more of an inherent connotation of teenage rebellion than either basketball or hockey do, so it makes for a bigger contrast. With Jordan they usually rely more on gambling addiction jokes

also yes, he did, and just over a year ago. He worked with a team of designers to create a custom ramp to do it in too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaf8zHp-iaY&t=1s

That's really cool too, but I was thinking of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvPt_a7iOQ

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Indecisive posted:

Tony hawk is too fuckin old to be skateboarding, i dont give a poo poo if he's an icon, put him in the hall of fame or whatever and find a new skinny white boy to shove on a game box

Yeah, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvPt_a7iOQ

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Eric is one of the greatest villains the Zaibatsu has faced :allears: glad to have another character earn their spot in the rogue's gallery.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Foxhound posted:

That's really cool too, but I was thinking of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvPt_a7iOQ
Oh yeah totally, but that's just him re-hashing the 900 from 1999 to prove he's still got it.

That downward spiral loop was the first time anyone's even done a trick like that and he did it in like 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Justice Sloth posted:

It doesn't help that Tony still talks and dresses like a 21-year-old, despite looking very much his age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Tony Hawk grows older all the time, looks older all the time but he feels younger in his mind