Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

afghanistanimation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

CommunistPancake posted:

i dunno, makes sense to me that a term's language of origin would have a longer Wikipedia page than one that adopts it

it is not a good article

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

OldAlias posted:

it is not a good article

Wikipedia: Fix It Yourself

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The mobile suits for the movie were designed to be smaller than usual—their sizes had been generally increasing up until Char's Counterattack, where the Gundam was 18 meters tall but the Nu Gundam was 22 meters. The average size was brought down to about fifteen meters in Gundam F91, with Tomino explaining that it would be easier for when the mobile suits were made into model kits, as they would be more easily posed with equally scaled human figures and easier to build dioramas around,[4] the same reason he offered for another animation series he worked on, Aura Battler Dunbine. Tomino originally wanted to decrease the size to 10 meters, but it was set at 15 meters to meet the requirements of manufacturers.[5]

In-universe, the shortening of mobile suits was explained as a way to combat the ever-growing costs of producing larger and larger mobile suits. In the same way, the model kits would also decrease in terms of manufacturing cost.[6] In reality, however, as 1/144 scale model kits were becoming the norm instead of 1/100, the cost to develop new technology to color smaller kits and to create smaller, more articulated joints, among other things, actually drove the production cost up. However, this in-universe explanation met with dissatisfaction by fans of the franchise, especially model kit fans,[7] so after retaining the smaller size through Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, starting with Mobile Fighter G Gundam the mobile suits were gradually increased in size once again. By the release of Turn-A Gundam and G-Saviour, the titular mobile suits stood at 20 and 18 meters, respectively.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Linda S. Ghent, Professor in the Department of Economics at Eastern Illinois University, discusses some economic issues in this episode. Just before Jerry's dare about the egg roll, Elaine says, "You know, it's not fair people are seated first come first served. It should be based on who's hungriest. I feel like just going over there and taking some food off somebody's plate."[24] Ghent discusses the history and reasoning behind rationing mechanisms and economic efficiency, which are the bases behind how tables are seated at restaurants, rationales which are perhaps invisible to hungry or impatient customers.[25] Elaine's attempt at bribery is an example of opportunity cost: the trio are willing to pay more than usual to get a table, if at least they can get a table.[26] Ghent also gives Jerry's willingness to lie to his uncle as another example of opportunity cost: "Did I do a bad thing by lying to my uncle and saying I couldn't go to dinner? Plan Nine from Outer Space – one night only, the big screen! My hands are tied!"[27]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Doughboy is a world famous English Bull Terrier from Melbourne Australia or Marine Corps, especially used to refer to members of the American Expeditionary Forces in World War I, but initially used in the Mexican-American War of 1846-48. A popular mass-produced sculpture of the 1920s, the Spirit of the American Doughboy, shows a U.S. soldier in World War I uniform.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/robbercat/status/839927646708449281

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

ISIS-chan (ISIS ちゃん, or アイシスちゃん aishisuchan?)[1][2][3][4] is a fictional manga character which originated on the Japanese internet textboard 2channel and was created in 2015 after a series of incidents in which Japanese nationals were kidnapped and beheaded by ISIL. The character is portrayed as a moe-style girl.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

ISIS-chan (ISIS ちゃん, or アイシスちゃん aishisuchan?)[1][2][3][4] is a fictional manga character which originated on the Japanese internet textboard 2channel and was created in 2015 after a series of incidents in which Japanese nationals were kidnapped and beheaded by ISIL. The character is portrayed as a moe-style girl.

hmm. sounds like it's about time to nuke japan again

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
want some rye?

course ya do

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

something went wrong and now ive eaten 2,147,483,647 hamburgers, please send help

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pakled posted:

something went wrong and now ive eaten 2,147,483,647 hamburgers, please send help

lol, look at you using signed hamburgers. i've eaten 4,294,967,295 hamburgers and i'm just getting started

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yeah deffo go unsigned, you don't want to get snack overflow

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lemme get a mcpick 2's complement

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

haveblue posted:

lemme get a mcpick 2's complement

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like how that got murdered.

for 5 minutes mc-pick-# was good then they just neutered it into bullshit nobody wants

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
you USED to be able to get a qtr pounder with cheese and a 10 piece nugz on it for 5 bux

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Sagebrush posted:

hmm. sounds like it's about time to nuke japan again

Their intentions were to flood the web with ISIS-chan's images to make the character rank highly in Google's search engine results (Google bomb).[1][2][9] If things go well, they hoped that an Internet search for ISIS will come up with the moe character instead of militant propaganda sites.[5] The campaign has become a part of the social media war that the US and the UK have already launched against ISIS.[5]

- The knife could be a combat knife, but she uses it only to cut melons.[4] The creators explain that she is supposed to teach "these confused ISIS people" what knives are actually used for.[4]
- She has a mission to stop ISIS and to gather as many melons as she can.[10]

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

Their intentions were to flood the web with ISIS-chan's images to make the character rank highly in Google's search engine results (Google bomb).[1][2][9] If things go well, they hoped that an Internet search for ISIS will come up with the moe character instead of militant propaganda sites.[5] The campaign has become a part of the social media war that the US and the UK have already launched against ISIS.[5]

- The knife could be a combat knife, but she uses it only to cut melons.[4] The creators explain that she is supposed to teach "these confused ISIS people" what knives are actually used for.[4]
- She has a mission to stop ISIS and to gather as many melons as she can.[10]

huh

guess Archer dropped the ball on this

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

idgi we're talking about sluggo not jughead

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Tayter Swift posted:

idgi we're talking about sluggo not jughead

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
When she was arrested the night of June 23, she told the police, "He always have orgasm [sic], and he doesn't wait for me ever to have orgasm. He's selfish."[3] This conversation with Detective Peter Wentz was tape-recorded and the transcript was read later in the trial by Mary Grace O'Brien, the Prince William County Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney prosecuting Lorena.[4]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Duralumin (also called duraluminum, duraluminium, duralum, duralium or dural) is the trade name of one of the earliest types of age-hardenable aluminium alloys. Its use as a trade name is obsolete, and today the term is mainly used to describe aluminium–copper alloys, designated as the 2000 series by the International Alloy Designation System (IADS).

(...)

In the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson, duralumin is one of the allomantic metals. It is discovered by Vin in The Well of Ascension, and plays an important plot role.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thinker#/media/File:The_thinker_pdd.jpg

obviously, the best way to discuss this famous statue on wikipedia is with a crappy straight on shot of a person being wacky

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 14, 2017

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_glass

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The bar stools in Ari's Bar retain the original upholstery crafted from a very soft, fine leather made from the foreskins of whales.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_horror

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

The bar stools in Ari's Bar retain the original upholstery crafted from a very soft, fine leather made from the foreskins of whales.
hmm

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Trivia [edit]
  • The engine of the train on Hoigle and Moigle's train set is a 4-2-2 or an American type steam locomotive. Locomotives of this wheel arrangement of steam trains were used for the most common engine types during the 1800s and 1830s on American railroads up to the year of 1928. When the engine comes out of the shed at the Floigan depot, Moigle hops on its tender and rides around in a circle. The engine suddenly stops and runs out of control before Hoigle hops onto the engine, which spins out of control, and crashes through a window, and escapes.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also known as "monster erotica" or "monsterotica"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Fried Coke is a frozen Coca-Cola-flavored batter that is deep-fried and then topped with Coca-Cola syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, and a cherry.[1][2] It was introduced by inventor Abel Gonzales, Jr., a 45-year-old computer analyst from Texas, at the 2006 State Fair of Texas;[3][4][5] Gonzales is also the creator of recipes for deep-fried butter and deep-fried beer at later Texas State Fairs.[6][7] The concoction won the title of "Most Creative" in the second annual judged competition among food vendors.[8][9] It proved very popular in Texas, selling 10,000 cups in the first two weeks. It quickly spread to other states, appearing in at least 47 state fairs in 2007.[5] In 2009, Fried Coke was featured on the Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Fried Coke is estimated to have 830 calories (3,500 kJ) per cup.[10]

See also

List of regional dishes of the United States
List of doughnut varieties
List of fried dough varieties
Food portal

Dixie Cretin Seaman fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 16, 2017

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Fried Coke is a frozen Coca-Cola-flavored batter that is deep-fried and then topped with Coca-Cola syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, and a cherry.[1][2] It was introduced by inventor Abel Gonzales, Jr., a 45-year-old computer analyst from Texas, at the 2006 State Fair of Texas;[3][4][5] Gonzales is also the creator of recipes for deep-fried butter and deep-fried beer at later Texas State Fairs.[6][7] The concoction won the title of "Most Creative" in the second annual judged competition among food vendors.[8][9] It proved very popular in Texas, selling 10,000 cups in the first two weeks. It quickly spread to other states, appearing in at least 47 state fairs in 2007.[5] In 2009, Fried Coke was featured on the Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Fried Coke is estimated to have 830 calories (3,500 kJ) per cup.[10]

See also

List of regional dishes of the United States
List of doughnut varieties
List of fried dough varieties
Food portal

take me to the food portal

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

abraham linkedin posted:

take me to the food portal

buddy, that's called a mouth

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Meat Beat Agent posted:

buddy, that's called a mouth

av/post combo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
sorry, i think i had missed the most worthless part of the fried coke article :shobon:

Since its introduction in 2006, several variations have appeared, using different types of soda and different toppings. A New York Times article published in 2007 about the Indiana State Fair mentions deep-fried Pepsi as being an innovation.[11]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
too late. u hosed it up

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Abilities: Great strength, as he is a gorilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
While it varied depending on the role of the trooper, the main ACU uniform consisted of branded gear, which included Vertex Kryptek Gunfighter shirts and Vertx Kryptek hats in a black and blue camouflage pattern that is either Kryptek Neptune or Typhoon. The uniform featured technology allowing the vitals and visuals of officers to be seen on the monitors in Jurassic World's control room. The ACU also used Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatches able to track dinosaurs via their implanted trackers.