Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jota posted:

My top five coaches in the NBA list that is official and gospel and i spent about 30 seconds thinking of:

1. Pop
2. Carlisle
3. Spoelstra
4. Brad Stevens
5. Stan Van Gundy

Someone roast me for not including Kerr

Kerr is just a product of the Lacob system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Unrequited love ?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jota posted:

My top five coaches in the NBA list that is official and gospel and i spent about 30 seconds thinking of:

1. Pop
2. Carlisle
3. Spoelstra
4. Brad Stevens
5. Stan Van Gundy

Someone roast me for not including Kerr

No Budenholzer?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

code:
NP	Player
373.84	James Harden
370	Isaiah Thomas
347.32	Kevin Durant
299.12	LeBron James
299.12	Stephen Curry
298.8	Kawhi Leonard
286.72	Karl-Anthony Towns
269.52	Giannis Antetokounmpo
254.36	Bradley Beal
253.64	Kyle Lowry
The season is almost over and Curry isn't even halfway to his mark of 601 last year. To put this into perspective, the best shooting game of the 3P era is Kobe's 81 point game in which he had 26.2 NP. Now even if Curry replicated Kobe's 81 point game ten straight times in his next ten games he'd still be off his shooting pace of last year.

He said he will be back for the playoffs though.

One final departing joke from Wade before he gets on the banana boat.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
We forget that D'antoni got Kobe to pass the ball to get a broken Lakers team to the 7th seed.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

EvanTH posted:

Kerr is just a product of the Lacob system

That whole thing with his spine was actually just them installing their new coaching AI brain implant.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dantoni would have worked in ny but Carmelo wouldn't play pf . Sad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

I don't think we can blame D'Antoni 100% for what went on in NY but yeah he really bungled the Lakers situation. (At least Pau, unless I'm remembering incorrectly most of the good players were injured while he was there.)

I thought he did okay his second season but also him demanding a contract extension after the awful job he did season one was ludicrous.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Strawberry Panda posted:

We forget that D'antoni got Kobe to pass the ball to get a broken Lakers team to the 7th seed.

That part was easy, all he had to do was tell Kobe that Michael Jordan played PG one season and averaged like 8 assists

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

DeimosRising posted:

In absentia. Harrison that is. Without Black Falcon they are lost, adrift in a sea of dorks with bad nicknames.

Nah, they supposedly did not contact him for days after Durant made his decision and he was out.

Or did you mean that the worst starter is now within their clique? or that the former worst player now makes 50% more than them?

I personally don't think their is any problems, they win too much. And from what I've heard, if they have any problems, it is management, which seems overly controlling, and is awfully proud of having great players that don't make much as the players they regularly embarrass.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yes, career WS/48 of .119 player Goran Dragic should definitely be leading anything to anywhere.

He was a late bloomer and Spoelstra wasted one of his years unable to use him properly.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Strawberry Panda posted:

However giving him credit for this is insane because the Lakers were an 11 seed at the all star break because D'Antoni thought Earl Clark needed to play ahead of Pau Gasol.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Steve Nash and Mike D'antoni were sleeper agents sent from Phoenix to destroy the Lakers from within

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Did Deron Williams Boozer himself?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Masai is a cool guy GM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRrwGZajxYD/

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Femur posted:

Nah, they supposedly did not contact him for days after Durant made his decision and he was out.

Or did you mean that the worst starter is now within their clique? or that the former worst player now makes 50% more than them?

I personally don't think their is any problems, they win too much. And from what I've heard, if they have any problems, it is management, which seems overly controlling, and is awfully proud of having great players that don't make much as the players they regularly embarrass.

upcoming contract negotiations are going to be pretty interesting with that team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:gizz:

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/842527193930465280

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Away all Goats posted:

No Budenholzer?

He was one of the guys I was deciding between for that last spot.

Also Quin Snyder wasn't in my top five but he has done a really good job in Utah. A lot of people sleep on him just because mostly everyone sleeps on Utah. Probably easy to motivate your team though when you look like you could go American Psycho on them any second

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Joe Ingles looks to be one of the better wings in the free agent market and that's not a slight, he's been really good.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

That's ridiculous.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Jota posted:

He was one of the guys I was deciding between for that last spot.

Also Quin Snyder wasn't in my top five but he has done a really good job in Utah. A lot of people sleep on him just because mostly everyone sleeps on Utah. Probably easy to motivate your team though when you look like you could go American Psycho on them any second

I think there are a lot of good coaches out there and your list was mostly good. Coaching has gotten better the last few years because teams are going outside of the lovely retreads more and more, I feel like. I say this after my team just hired D'antoni but whatever!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
As recently as like 2013 I was convinced there were only five good coaches in the league. Now there are probably fewer than that who I would even consider bad.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Did Deron Williams Boozer himself?

can anyone confirm if man black up his head!?!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That or he punched himself in the nards

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

chunkles posted:

That whole thing with his spine was actually just them installing their new coaching AI brain implant.

Little did they know that Pop had gotten there 15 years ago and Manchurian Candidated him to get Kevin Durant injured.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Good pass but thats a travel

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

Joe Ingles looks to be one of the better wings in the free agent market and that's not a slight, he's been really good.

Yeah it's funny how they essentially brought him in to give some Aussie support to Exum and he ends up being the better player. He's shooting .450 on 3's and taking 3 a game plus he plays some great defense and gets assists even though he barely touches the ball. Just a great piece to have on any competing team.

Quin Snyder just seems like a fantastic coach that gets a ton out of all his players.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

E2M2 posted:

Good pass but thats a travel

looks like he blew by with 3 steps for 1 shot

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwDDVUFJSnA

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

holy poo poo

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

What a god dang waste

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
OKC is half a game out of fifth now. Cool.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Nets have 13 wins, the only team they have beaten twice are....

The Knicks.

When was their last win?

The Knicks last sunday

Good job, Knicks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I'm still not sure if Lue is a good coach or if Blatt was lowkey really really bad or if Lue just gets in LeBron's way less.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 17, 2017

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm still not sure if Lue is a good coach or if Blatt was lowkey really really bad or if Lue just gets in LeBron's way less.

This reminds me that David Griffin said recently on Lowe's pod that Israelis still hate his guts for firing Blatt and think it was an anti-Semitic move.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:stare:
https://twitter.com/balvinsanity/status/842534771511255040

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Shear Modulus posted:

nah he's bad. You can just watch his" I am a jet fighter" presser.

He is arrogant, but the needy, and worse, kind.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fire Doc.

Christ I'm so depressed about sports.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Fire Doc.

Christ I'm so depressed about sports.

Better for the Clippers to playing like this now instead of peaking too early and going cold in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm

Spacebump posted:

Better for the Clippers to playing like this now instead of peaking too early and going cold in the playoffs.

Yes, but it's also sad that this is where we are in the back end of the prime of the core. It was not supposed to be like this. If Doc hadn't hamstrung the Clippers by trading away all draft picks for airline bags of peanuts, we wouldn't be stuck in this lovely rear end situation where we couldn't even go out and sign P loving J Tucker.

This is also the coach who had made incredibly stupid line up decisions for the past 3 years. He's a good motivator, and also draws good out-of-timeout plays, but his offensive schemes are loving offensive. He depends heavily on his assistant coaches for offense, and that makes it even worse that he did nothing over the summer to get another offense oriented coach, and now we're looking at the ugliest Clippers offense since Blake Griffin's rookie season.

• Locked thread