Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Rookersh posted:

No.

Because it explains something that didn't need to be explained with an explanation that doesn't actually work within the constraints of the lore.

It's also extremely dumb.

It also retroactively makes the original trilogy worse, but somehow making the ending of ME3 better in the process?

I just wanted to mope, not derail the thread.

This is what I wanted to hear and I can't actually find it on google. I knew it was going to be stupid.

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Pattonesque posted:

PM me the spoiler too, super curious now

Or link it. That way nobody will accidentally mouse over it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The two opinions seem to be: THIS GAME IS THE WORST or THIS GAME IS THE BEST

I mean are we allowed to say it's a really fun game with a lot of issues? That it needs patching but it's worth the price of admission? It's almost like every other Mass Effect game.

You aren't allowed to say that, no. I have reported this post to the moderators.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Google it yourself if you're that desperate.

How?

"Mass Effect Andromeda Spoiler" is pretty loving vague.

"There's a thing that sucks about Mass Effect Andromeda" tells us nothing, because right now the surprise would be something that didn't suck about this garbage fire.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Goddamn it now you have to post it. You can't leave us hanging like this, goon friend.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Rookersh posted:

No.

Because it explains something that didn't need to be explained with an explanation that doesn't actually work within the constraints of the lore.

It also retroactively makes the original trilogy worse, but somehow makes the ending of ME3 better in the process?

then link it or something

literally the only thing this game could have going for it is the overall story. so, spill it.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
EDIT: I don't remember if you can get banned for fake comedy spoilers but not going to test to find out

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Does anyone know what sorcery you have to perform to get casual outfit colors to stick? It's pretty unintuitive, seems to work fine for armor though.

JBP posted:

I hope he made it up and just stops posting because there is no spoiler.

He probably didn't make it up, but he definitely intended to derail. Bunch of people quoting his Bioware spiel post, so time to swoop in for some more attention.

Enigmatic Cakelord fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 17, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope he made it up and just stops posting because there is no spoiler.

e: this is obviously the runner up prize if the spoiler doesn't come out

Serf
May 5, 2011

To the game's credit, you can rush through the Nexus and get to Eos pretty quickly. I just hope you get get off Eos fast too because desert environments are 100% the worst always.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The character creator is pretty good

Here's the rest! Kudos to the goon from the FB group and his friend who made the greatest Pathfinder: Bubbles Ryder!

http://imgur.com/gallery/iUc62

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I bet the spoiler is that the SAM is actually just a chunk of star kid and that's why it wants into your thinky bits.

gently caress maybe Alec Ryder is star kid

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Rook post it you lame gently caress

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rookersh posted:

No.

It also retroactively makes the original trilogy worse, but somehow makes the ending of ME3 better in the process?

post the loving thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Admiral Ray posted:

I bet the spoiler is that the SAM is actually just a chunk of star kid and that's why it wants into your thinky bits.

gently caress maybe Alec Ryder is star kid

yeah thats a good guess. its something that makes the orignal ending better but makes the trilogies worse. idk.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Rookersh posted:

No.

Indoctrination theory finally confirmed! Some really obsessed people are vindicated!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Rook just post the drat spoiler or link to where you found it, I need dumb plot reveals to live

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

AngryBooch posted:

Indoctrination theory finally confirmed! Some really obsessed people are vindicated!

I doubt it. As Milky Moor stated a while back given some of the things Alec Ryder has to say in the early access, Mac is probably bitter about not accepting the synthesis ending.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

Reject confirmed canon ending!

Or Reaper Shepard is the final boss!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ages posted:

oh god, thats it isnt it. they made the reject ending canon as gently caress you.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh god, thats it isnt it. they made the reject ending canon as gently caress you.

It would be so gloriously petty

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Are you not able to progress past Eos in the trial even if you preordered?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Obstacle2 posted:

Nope, you get up to entering that Remnant Vault (which is full of tentacles and disappointment, probably) and that's where it cuts. You can gently caress around other than that, just can't push the story further.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ages posted:

It would be so gloriously petty

that seems super petty even for them. my guess is its something dumber.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Ages posted:

I feel like Bioware would probably make an even stupider final boss than that, like Zombie Dad or Evil Sibling

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
c'mon man post the spoiler, just put it behind huge spoiler blocks or something

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

I dunno if this is a bug.

:stonk: RYDER DID PATHFINDER

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Here's a link to what he's probably talking about : http://bsn.boards.net/thread/5088/dun-somewhat-big-story-spoilers
^^^^ these may be massive spoilers or may not, I dunno, could be bullshit interpretation but click at your own risk goons

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 17, 2017

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Obstacle2 posted:

No you're stuck before a certain main story point, which you need to complete to actually explore Eos properly. Everyone on the 10 hour trail has the same access to the game regardless of pre-order.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Dad Ryder has a small boulder in the armory for good luck. I don't know what to make of that, but I feel like I should comment on it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

Here's a link to what he's probably talking about : http://bsn.boards.net/thread/5088/dun-somewhat-big-story-spoilers
^^^^ these may be massive spoilers or may not, I dunno, could be bullshit interpretation but click at your own risk goons

thats it. ehh. not as bad as i thought honestly.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

monster on a stick posted:

That's completely speculation and not a spoiler beyond a scene anyone with the trail can see.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Don't post major spoilers in a thread where the game isn't even out yet. Jesus Christ.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Codependent Poster posted:

Don't post major spoilers in a thread where the game isn't even out yet. Jesus Christ.

or do, its whatever

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

those aren't spoilers. that's some dude basically going WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED? and putting a spoiler warning on it

as far as i know, none of that has been shown or mentioned

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Ryder is a Geth!!¡??

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there a reason you are The PathFinder other than space nepotism? Like did they pull an Avatar and you were the best match for SAM because you are genetically close to your dad?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
spoiler: the AI is you, the player, the nomad soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

eh, it's nothing but speculation about a scene from the free trial