Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Yessss my Waterfield case shipped 😎😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebro
May 1, 2009

This is too great.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

This is harder than any of the Shrines I have found in Zelda so far.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

InFlames235 posted:

Yessss my Waterfield case shipped 😎😎

Congrats on your kind of ugly murse

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh poo poo I get it now.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i regret asking

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

FireMrshlBill posted:

He is an ex esports guy who ran a "team" and apparently didnt pay out prize money or reimburse travel expenses to his competitors and lost favor in the community, I don't know. But he is also the guy was has been first in line for the console releases for all the systems since the Wii and some games as well. Has a guiness world record for being first in line for Nintendo releases. Anyway, another youtuber CND waited in line for a month for the Switch outside the NYC Nintendo store to be officially the first in line for the Switch in NA, and Triforce waited with him to "pass the torch". Well some other guy hung around them for a few weeks and was supposed to do something sketchy to them, but didn't and supposedly lost his flight home because of that, then he complained about not being able to go home and they felt bad even though he was supposed to swindle them, and they helped him raise money on gofundme but he asked for $1500 at first for a plane ticket, they confronted him and he lowered it to $500. Then they found out he had money and just wanted to raise money from the community in order to have a plane ticket to PAX east and buy himself a Switch (so lied about going home).

gently caress, I feel like a loser for knowing that... I'm done with youtube...

edit: and apparently the guy who con'd them out of money performed a sexual act to get a Switch... I dunno... allegations, rumors, etc.

He's a shithead who used to hold a big fighting game team who eventually lost power when the players finally got tired of his bullshit and went to other teams/sponsors.

Some achievements he's done are;

Feeding his fighting game athletes a healthy feast of Canned Ravioli
Taking winnings from his players to pay for rent/utilities/food because 'they come to his house and train there' which I guess can be valid, but this stuff is usually discussed BEFOREHAND
Losing his marriage because said rent was way too much to house so many people for such little earnings they got.
Accusing other teams [like Evil Geniuses] of taking his top players with better deals because they wanted to kill his EMP name
Sending a player overseas [maybe France or Japan, I forgot] with a one way plane ticket and leaving that guy stranded for a while.
Meeting an ex player to talk or something at some food joint and bouncing on the check.

I know he's done some other stuff as well like pick his nose and eat it on stream but honestly I don't have the mental capacity to remember this guy so well

E: oh yeah I also forgot he went to Jamaica and worked as some E-Sports man or some poo poo, had an office and everything. Why he's still not over there idk

Dizz fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 17, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Dizz posted:

He's a shithead who used to hold a big fighting game team who eventually lost power when the players finally got tired of his bullshit and went to other teams/sponsors.

Some achievements he's done are;

Feeding his fighting game athletes a healthy feast of Canned Ravioli
Taking winnings from his players to pay for rent/utilities/food because 'they come to his house and train there' which I guess can be valid, but this stuff is usually discussed BEFOREHAND
Losing his marriage because said rent was way too much to house so many people for such little earnings they got.
Accusing other teams [like Evil Geniuses] of taking his top players with better deals because they wanted to kill his EMP name
Sending a player overseas [maybe France or Japan, I forgot] with a one way plane ticket and leaving that guy stranded for a while.
Meeting an ex player to talk or something at some food joint and bouncing on the check.

I know he's done some other stuff as well like pick his nose and eat it on stream but honestly I don't have the mental capacity to remember this guy so well

E: oh yeah I also forgot he went to Jamaica and worked as some E-Sports man or some poo poo, had an office and everything. Why he's still not over there idk

Ya, I have heard some of that, just not big into esports. Ya, apparently he still lives there but came back for the Switch launch and then got PAX east passes from The Zero Review and I guess is hanging with Etika before flying back to Jamaica.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
on a less completely inane topic, do “midnight” releases on the e shop still happen at midnight est?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Can someone please explain the solution to the joy con picture? I am not a smart man.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Macintosh HD posted:

Can someone please explain the solution to the joy con picture? I am not a smart man.

loss.jpg

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

That...didn't help. :smith:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Macintosh HD posted:

That...didn't help. :smith:

Holy poo poo just type that into google.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It's a joke about the horrendous webcomic control alt delete

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
B^U

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
When can I buy Isaac digitally

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Holy poo poo just type that into google.

Well that was disappointing

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
For the life of me I can't understand why that comic is some repeated joke that people think is funny. Is there some backstory to it that I'm missing? Otherwise, it's not good enough to be famous for being good, yet not bad enough to be famous for being bad. It's just there. And nerds for whatever reason think it's hilarious. Because "webcomic" lol amiright.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mahoning posted:

For the life of me I can't understand why that comic is some repeated joke that people think is funny. Is there some backstory to it that I'm missing? Otherwise, it's not good enough to be famous for being good, yet not bad enough to be famous for being bad. It's just there. And nerds for whatever reason think it's hilarious. Because "webcomic" lol amiright.

beep boop your shared experiences and references to in jokes are not logical

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Mahoning posted:

Nice meltdown

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

on a less completely inane topic, do “midnight” releases on the e shop still happen at midnight est?

Yes, as an expansion to this... as a new-to-Nintendo guy... do they have a release "day"? Like PSN is Tuesday. (And mostly 12 Eastern...)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Oh, poor guys, did I make fun of your favorite internet in-joke dead horse? I'm sure the poor web comic required you white knights valiantly jumping to its defense.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Congrats on your kind of ugly murse

More like awesome looking case you poor

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mahoning posted:

It's funny because Tim B^Uckley, a peophile former webcomic artist, tried to be very deep with a comic where the main character's girlfriend lost her baby or whatever. Except it had no weight because his comic sucked and he was also a pedophile.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Mahoning posted:

Oh, poor guys, did I make fun of your favorite internet in-joke dead horse? I'm sure the poor web comic required you white knights valiantly jumping to its defense.

You're getting pretty huffy and rude over a simple internet joke, dude

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mahoning posted:

It's famous because people think the webcomic is dumb hth.

Basically imagine if big bang theory randomly had a super somber episode about a miscarriage where everyone sat around crying.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You're getting pretty huffy and rude over a simple internet joke, dude

Is this Something Awful dot com or am I on the wrong website?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mahoning posted:

:allears:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I am digging Human Resource Machine but man, getting the optimization goals is not easy.

Is it still impossible to put games on SD card?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Feenix posted:

Yes, as an expansion to this... as a new-to-Nintendo guy... do they have a release "day"? Like PSN is Tuesday. (And mostly 12 Eastern...)

I think it depends on the game. Most video games in general, when it comes to AAA titles with physical releases, come out on Tuesdays. However, some come out on Fridays as well.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

inane is a matter of opinion, but ya, it is inane.

Not sure, all I know is Blaster Master was at noon eastern last Friday. Maybe check the eshop thread for actual times?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Waltzing Along posted:

I am digging Human Resource Machine but man, getting the optimization goals is not easy.

Is it still impossible to put games on SD card?

According to my Switch, my SD card is being exclusively used for everything. No games, saves, or even screenshots are being saved to the internal memory.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The play activity is just useless for time played. I've got at least 3-4 hours into I am Setsuna., and it still says "a few minutes."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For some reason I thought Has Been Heroes was a weird sequel to No More Heroes.

I looked up the footage and it's it a pseudo roguelike akin to Darkest Dungeon? For 20 clams, I'll scoop it up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

For some reason I thought Has Been Heroes was a weird sequel to No More Heroes.

I looked up the footage and it's it a pseudo roguelike akin to Darkest Dungeon? For 20 clams, I'll scoop it up.

ya

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Is this Something Awful dot com or am I on the wrong website?

Yeah it's Something Awful. The site that literally had like 5 mega threads dedicated to making fun of B^U over the course of almost a decade.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I bought 55$ of e shop credit. I know I should buy shovel knight but any other recommendations? Thinking about getting metal slug too

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

I bought 55$ of e shop credit. I know I should buy shovel knight but any other recommendations? Thinking about getting metal slug too

Blaster Master Zero
Snipperclips (for multiplayer)
Fast RMX (if Wipeout/Fzero type games are your thing)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What time does Nintendo games go up one shop I want BoI :(

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mahoning posted:

These loss edits are getting really abstract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Empress Brosephine posted:

What time does Nintendo games go up one shop I want BoI :(

Noonish Eastern, typically.

• Locked thread