Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

The Spoony Bard's Aural Theatre

What This Is Supposed to Be:

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FINAL FANTASY IV using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue exactly as it was written when the game came out. Well, we're actually using a later translation that was used when the game was ported to the Playstation.

Episode 11: The Giant of Babil

Here is the episode

We ran into a long, confusing discussion about what to name this episode. To me, it was obvious, since most of it is spent inside the guts of this big machine. "We should call it, The Giant of Babil," says I to Girlfriend.
"Eh, what?"
"The Giant of Babil."
"Why?"
"It makes sense, doesn't it? That's where we'll be most of the episode."
"I don't understand what vaginas have to do with anything."
"Vaginas?"
"Vagina Battle. Be serious."

It's the penultimate episode, before the crew takes on Zemus and Zeromus and Zeromas and Master Zero and Master Chief and Chief Justice and Justice League and a League of Their Own

Get it:
iTunes | Libsyn | Website | RSS

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
50 minutes.

Release:
The 1st and the 15th of every month.

Goons:
Just me.

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

ALSO DUDES if you want to contribute your voice to our next season, we're undertaking Fallout from 1997. We have about half the roles already voiced, but there's quite a few left over. Thanks for all those who contributed already! The thread for that is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808025

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Available on: Stitcher | RSS | Website | iTunes | Soundcloud

Social Media: Facebook

Genre: film analysis, theory, and criticism

Release Schedule: once every two weeks, on Friday

Goons: just ol' china bot

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Phenomena), or just under-analyzed in general (Troop Beverly Hills, Wild Things). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #27 - Office Killer (w/ bonus short Doll Clothes)

Paolo and Carrie are joined again by Emily Neil to discuss Cindy Sherman's 1997 artsy horror film Office Killer and her 1975 silent short Doll Clothes. Topics include: Cindy Sherman's photography career, cat ladies, and Paolo's frustration with James Franco.

Next episode: Krippendorf's Tribe (1998)

china bot fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 11, 2017

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's New Years Eve, I'm wasted and watching my favorite TV series Peep Show, I then decide to go play World of Warcraft while listening to my favorite Seinfeld recap podcast, thats when it hits me...I want to podcast about Peep Show! I sent a message to a buddy who loves the show as much as I do and we cobbled together this terrible podcast.

What is Peep Show? Peep Show is a cult classic British TV show. It stars David Mitchell and Robert Webb as two men trying to make it in this savage world. David Mitchell plays Mark Corrigan who is your classic goon. He doesn't know really how to interact with people and he definitely doesn't understand social norms. Robert Webb plays Jeremy Usborne, Marks roommate and friend from college. Jeremy is an aspiring musician who lives off of Marks generosity. One of the appeals of this show is the way it's filmed. It's always filmed from a first person perspective which provides a lot of hilarious scenes.

The show's name - El Dude Brothers Podcast
The show's website URL https://eldudebrotherscom.wordpress.com/
iTunes I RSS Feed
The show's genre - We recap the cult classic series Peep Show. We discuss the finer points of the episodes and talk in general about how funny it is. We are also critical of the show when necessary.
Release schedule - We have 3 episodes out now and are targeting releasing a new episode every Wednesday

If you have any feedback negative our positive I would appreciate it! You can PM if you want.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 3, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

SEX ARCHIE

Sex Archie is a recap-and-react podcast about the best thing on TV right now: Riverdale. Riverdale is a teen melodrama on the CW based on the characters of Archie comics. It's a hell of a ride, and we're here to be your guide.

Episode 5: Ginger Judas Betty finds more of Polly than she bargained for. Archie finds his voice. Hermione finds a scam. Is there a rival home across the lake run by the brothers of anarchic mercy? Who tries to impress a jazz man with Disco? Did the werewolves eat all the good moms in this town?

iTunes Stitcher RSS

Genre: Chattin' bout TV stuff
Release schedule: As soon after Riverdale ends as I can

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 7: #SharpenYourPitchforks Jughead gets arrested and accused of the murder, moves in with Archie, and his dad burned Jason's car. Turns out Grant is very good at predictions. Did the nightclub do more to kill the Drive-in than the serpents did? Is Polly naturally attracted to horror film settings? Did they get their brand names from MAD Magazine?

iTunes Stitcher RSS

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoeRyanPodcast
Twitter: https://twitter.com/joesryan
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud | YouTube
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: I try for once every two weeks, sometimes once a week
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: It's been some exciting time! Joe came on Twitter live to go over the big #IndivisibleATX rally last week, along with continued developments with Trumpcare aka AHCA. Also: I call out Congressman Michael McCaul for being the coward that he is after his pathetic Telephone Town Hall. We close on a plea to stay focused on the real issues ahead, and less on things like Ivanka's stupid clothing line. Look, some things with the Trumps have to be accepted as givens. We're aging in dog years, join in the fun!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Genre: History
Released: Alternate Tuesdays
Goon: General Ironicus

Episode 22: Jim Henson

In his short life, Jim Henson re-invented an art form, taught millions to read, and entertained the world. His life, career, and philosophy were even broader than that. Why does a work's intended audience devalue its creativity? How do you escape your image to break new ground? How would you make a children's show to end war? Happy Birthday, Alaina!

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

The Bloodybits Podcast.

Available on RSS | Itunes | Website

Genera Comedy, games, horror, politics.
Schedule Weekly, with the occasional bonus ep

Description My wife and I recap the week, news, game stuff, movies, bodily fluids, and whatever happens to get getting on our nerves.

On this weeks episode. Blender cucking, avoiding a near death experience, and stealing from wal-mart.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Phenomena), or just under-analyzed in general (Troop Beverly Hills, Wild Things). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #28 - Krippendorf's Tribe

Paolo and Carrie are joined again by Emily Neil to discuss Todd Holland's 1998 "family comedy" Krippendorf's Tribe. Topics include: when exactly Krippendorf's wife died, a surprisingly offensive sex scene, and the logistics of circumcision.

Next episode: Stuart Saves His Family (1995)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 19, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Bonus 1: Riverdale One-Shot
The Riverdale One-Shot is a comic based on a TV show based on a comic series. These four shorts reveal what our main cast was up to in the weeks before the show began. Turns out our biggest discoveries were the pronunciation of a word and the existence of the Deschanel web empire.

PLEASE send us your Riverdale theories to discuss on our next bonus episode! You can tweet us @Sex_Archie, comment on this soundcloud page, or email us at historyhoneyspodcast [at] gmail.com. We'd love to hear from you!

iTunes Stitcher RSS

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Bonus 1: Predictions
While we count down the hours until Riverdale returns, let's compare notes on where this is all headed. This bonus episode has new theories and predictions from us, our listeners, and Instagram fans.

Might as well slap the cuffs on Grundy now, for murder I mean, in addition the other stuff.

iTunes Stitcher RSS

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Sandlercast
Podbean Itunes

Genre: Comedy/Entertainment, (mis)Informational.
Release Schedule: Weekly on Fridays.

Three friends try to traverse the Adam Sandler filmography to test the limits of human endurance. They also go on some bizarre tangents such as: which anime character Sandler would be cast for, whether gorillas could use swords, a five minute digression on the premise for Cory in the House, and a discussion of the questionable workings of the hardcore wrestling scene.

Also unending Rob Schneider bashing.

Recommended starting episodes: That's My Boy, Little Nicky, Bedtime Stories, The Cosby Show, and Reign Over Me.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 23: Impressionism

Fine art has been carefully curated with standard and expectations passed down through the generations with change coming at a glacial pace. Then, in the 1860s, a set of conditions and a cadre of artists combined to make new art and more. How can a movement be defined without any set membership, ideology, or aesthetic? Is there a place for hierarchy in paining? What the heck is Degas' whole deal?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Store: via Threadless

Most recent episode: Episode #29 - Stuart Saves His Family

Paolo and Carrie are joined again by Will Ackland to discuss Harold Ramis' 1995 family dramedy Stuart Saves His Family. Topics include: easement drama, emotional trauma, and Saturday Night Live movies.

Next episode: Mr. Freedom (1968)

china bot fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 4, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 8: Bro Whisper
Everyone is building something. For some it's condos, for some it's relationships, and for some it's a fetus. How can you plan and throw a shower overnight? Does Fred not have employment contracts? Does the singing fish know any of Josie's songs?

iTunes Stitcher RSS

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FINAL FANTASY IV using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue exactly as it was written when the game came out. Well, we're actually using a later translation that was used when the game was ported to the Playstation.

Episode 12: The The Absolute Darkness, the Epitome of Hate

Here is the episode

This is it, the final episode! Holy smokes, this little project took a year and a half to produce. Thanks everyone who listened (and listens; we're not done) to our first season. Our next one is Fallout and it's almost already complete, so unlike this first run it should consistently be released twice a months. The episodes will likely be a bit longer, as well.

But anyway, Episode 12, the final episode, down toward the lunar core we go.

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
An hour.

Release:

Goons:
Just me.

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

ALSO DUDES if you want to contribute your voice to our next season, we're undertaking Fallout from 1997. We have about four fifths of the roles already voiced, but there's quite a few left over. Thanks for all those who contributed already! The thread for that is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808025

Snappy Zings
Feb 19, 2003
I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID TO DO A SIMPLE SEARCH OF THE FORUMS.
:effortless: NEW PODCAST ALERT! :effortless:
...take a Jager bomb

The Snappy Hour
RSS Feed: http://www.thesnappyhour.com/feed.xml
Subscribe: iTunes - Stitcher - TuneIn Radio
Social Media: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter

Genre: Comedy/Lifestyle
Goon: Me (Snappy Zings)! What, you couldn't tell by the name?
Release Dates: Weekly, on Friday nights/Saturday mornings.

Description: The Snappy Hour is a weekly lifestyle podcast with a little added Snapchat spiciness. Enjoy a few beverages with your hosts J.D. and Brian as they discuss lifestyle and pop culture between sharing Snapchat pictures and videos. Audience participation is encouraged. Add The Snappy Hour (thesnappyhour) as well as J.D. (jdshort) and Brian (thebrianshow) as friends on Snapchat, and send snaps every Friday afternoon/evening/night EST (the day we record the show). Very good chances that your Snappy moment will be shared with us and the listeners...and possibly shouted, grilled, or roasted out by us and our guests.

We have been doing this podcast for over a year now, and have over 40 episodes under our belt. We wanted to make sure we had a really tight weekly show put together before we really started hitting the streets and promoting. Don't get it twisted though--our fanbase has been steadily growing since we started, from word of mouth alone! There are plenty of recurring weekly segments, ridiculous jokes/hashtags, very very stupid sound bytes, and other dumb poo poo to enjoy/zone out to/help pass the time. Also, we get pretty drunk during the show, so drinking along is also encouraged. :tinsley:

Suggested "jumping-off-point" episodes:
Episode #39 - The 1st Snappiversary (includes clips from earlier episodes, sort of a greatest hits of the past year)
Episode #16 - Pigs N Flicks on Mars
Episode #7 - Japanese Sex Robots & the 8th Street Tavern

We hope you enjoy the show and please let us know what you think!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Description: The Trump bombing of Syria called for a special edition of the Joe Ryan Podcast, recorded live by phone with guest Neurotoxin. This is exactly as advertised: the phone call I made to discuss the breaking news of Trump sending cruise missiles against an air base in Homs, Syria, and our pure gut reaction to the fallout. No punches are pulled, and the bad old days of 2002 are well and truly back in style.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 9: Tapped My Last Tree
Archie sells himself for a guitar. Alice destroys herself for a headline. Veronica prostrates herself to make a friend. Why is everyone putting teens in charge of their corporations? Will we see Valerie again? Isn't syrup tapping season in the Spring?

iTunes Soundcloud Stitcher Google Play Music RSS

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 24: Newsies

In 1899 two newspaper giants were fighting for control of the New York readership, and tried to squeeze their distributors for an extra advantage. Those distributors were self-employed child laborers, who organized themselves and halted the entire distribution system until their demands were met. This drama, a nearly forgotten footnote in US labor history, was dramatized in a commercial flop of a film, and re-dramatized in a successful Broadway musical. Can a success set a precedent if it's forgotten? Does an adaptation have a duty to be accurate; and what if the facts are lost? How can an unpopular work become more sucessful after being changed for the worse?

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

It's Just A Show

Available on: RSS | Website | iTunes

Social Media: Facebook | Twitter

Genre: culture, comedy.

Release Schedule: Fortnightly!

Goons: I co-host with a non-goon. Produced and scored by a non-goon.

Description: A Mystery Science Theater 3000 podcast that touches on the show and beyond. MST3k taught us how to laugh at love (again) among other things. Hosts Beth and Adam revisit episodes of MST3k as a springboard for a discussion on a number of topic brought up in this densely comic, reference heavy cow town puppet show. Film, sports, politics, culture high and low—these topics and others will be discussed in-depth or raised and forgotten in each episode of It's Just A Show. Join us, won't you?

Most recent episode: Episode #3 - Teenagers From Outer Space (A Love Letter To Suburbia)

Teenagers from Outer Space compels Beth and Adam to discuss boss rockets, boy movies, sex shooters, sex robots, and small-town paranoia.

Previous episodes: Episode #2 - Collage Of Male Adolescence: Danger!! Death Ray
Episode #1 - Nova Scotia Death Trip: Rocketship X-M

Next episode: Future War (1997)

Demos
Mar 4, 2004
Have you passed through this night?

Skånsk Errata
Wordpress:https://skanskerrata.wordpress.com
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/skanskerrata
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id1225062051
Genre: Storytelling. Mainly weird fiction and creepypasta.
Release schedule: I try for once a week, may be initially bi-weekly as I learn the ropes better.

Skånsk Errata is podcast in Swedish (sorry, guys). It's a simple story-telling podcast. All stories are originally written and read by the author, mainly being in the genre of weird fiction and/or creepypasta-style short stories,
though I'm still experimenting with the format. Emphasis on being short, and accessible. All locations are based on places in the Scania region of Sweden, and most stories originate from summer road-trip sessions.

Most recent episode
E05 - Billebergamanuskriptet

Demos fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 13, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #30 - Mr. Freedom

Paolo and Carrie are joined by Josh Benson to discuss William Klein's 1968 film Mr. Freedom, which film critic Jonathan Rosenbaum called "conceivably the most anti-American film ever made." Topics include: whether or not this is the most anti-American film ever made, the hilarious costume design, and Paolo mistakenly believing that he coined the term "political sledgehammer."

:siren:BONUS NEWS - our store is now open, and can be found at https://thesecretcinemapodcast.threadless.com:siren:

Next episode: Apt Pupil (1998)

(Artwork by Carrie Chaffee)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 25, 2017

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: Uh oh, did our juvenile President get into the toy chest again? What, exactly, can be done about Trump's newfound fascination with our military toys? What's he trying to do in North Korea, and why is this massively stupid too? That plus a roundup of where we are today politically and why, a bit of a bargaining session with some encouragement for Trump voters and a preview of the tax march on Saturday.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 14, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 10: I'm a Weirdo
Bughead gets rocky as Archie enjoys a few on the rocks. Our very best boy gets a special nightmare day. Ronchie gets Raunchy. What exactly are the rules to Secrets and Sins? Why is Instagram obsessed with secret parents? WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOX!?

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 14, 2017

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

Podbean | iTunes | Facebook | Twitter

What is it:
Two 30 year olds watch rad movies from the 80's and one of them forces his 14 year old daughter to watch them as well. What does she think of these once (possibly still) rad films? What do our hosts think of them now?

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:
Sometime on Monday around midnight EST, every Monday

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
https://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-89-akira-1988/
After world war 3 has ended and Neo-Tokyo is on the brink of civil unrest, only one name can bring the masses together- Akira! One of the greatest, and most influencial, anime movies of the 80's and beyond is this weeks rad movie under review. Listen in as we question the gang name selection process, Willow tries to claim her school was an insipration for the movie, and then reminds us, even biker gangs need helmets. all this plus space lasers!

We finally tackle an anime film, much to the chagrin of my cohosts and our biggest fan.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of retro video games using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue as it was written when the game came out.

Season 01 Intermezzo 02

Here is the episode

We have some left over skits and bloopers and poo poo that we never really figured out what to do. This is not a proper episode; it's like an end of season retrospective on the second half of the show, touching on what we learned and what the future will be.

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
An hour.

Release:

Goons:
Just me.

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

ALSO DUDES if you want to contribute your voice to our next season, we're undertaking Fallout from 1997. We have about five sixths of the roles already voiced, but there's a few left over. Thanks for all those who contributed already! The thread for that is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808025

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 25: Soviet Space Dogs

The Space Race was contested by governments and scientists, but the first explorers were a cadre of stray dogs from the streets of Moscow. These dogs sit at the intersection of mid-century optimism, political posturing, and questionable ethics.

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

It's Just A Show

Available on: RSS | Website | iTunes

Genre: culture, comedy.

Release Schedule: Fortnightly!

Goons: 1/2 the hosts are goons! There are only 2 hosts. Production by a non-goon man.

Description: Every day people watch an episode of a long-running series as a vehicle for a podcast laden with goofs and in-jokes. This is not one of 'em (though those are great). On It's Just A Show, Beth and I watch an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 chosen at random by our producer. We talk briefly about the episode and the series before discussing anything from themes in the movie being riffed, the background of esoteric references brought up in the episode, the careers of the cast and crew involved, and whatever else the episode gets us yapping about in-depth.

Most recent episode: Yelling at Dinosaurs (MST3K 1004. Future War)

Future War prompts a discussion on 90's "radness", Robert Z'Dar, and exploding dinosaurs (for Jesus). This episode of IJAS dares to ask the question: do dads love Carnosaur?

Previous episodes: Episode #3 - A Love Letter To Suburbia (MST3K 404. Teenagers From Outer Space)
Episode #2 - Collage Of Male Adolescence (MST3K 620. Danger!! Death Ray)
Episode #1 - Nova Scotia Death Trip (MST3K 201. Rocketship X-M)

Next episode: Cry Wilderness (MST3k 1102)

adamcantsleep fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 26, 2017

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Despite being a member here forever, I just found this thread. Here are my shows (I'm too lazy to put in album art):

Days of Future Cast
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Comedy, Juvenile Humor, Comic Books, Sexy Times
Released: Every other week
Goon: EC, Woffle
Description: Me and Gary Butterfield from Duckfeed.TV talk about X-Men: The Animated Series, the X-Men movies, and most importantly, how much of a fuckin perv Gambit is.

Monster of the Week
iTunes | RSS
Genre: TV, Hunks, Comedy
Released: Weekly
Goon: EC
Description: Me and my buddy Chris are going through every episode of Supernatural. I think we walk a fine line between the taking the show seriously and completely making fun out of it.

Don't Give Up, Skeleton
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Dark Souls, Video Games
Description: I interview a new guest every week about Dark Souls. How they got into the games, why it made them crazy, how it got them through their drinking problem, and a hundred questions in between.

Dark Insight
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Video Games, International accents
Description: Dark Insight is a general gaming podcast with a rotating cast of hosts from all over the world. We talk about video games, movies, basically anything we want to talk about. It's fun? Probably?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Available on: Spreaker | RSS | SoundCloud | RSS | Google Play Music | iTunes

Genre: culture, comedy, nostalgia, media, film, animation.

Release Schedule: Every other Thursday!

Goons: 1/2 the hosts are goons! You weirdos know my real name now (Cam)

Description: Join Kim and Cam as they take turns in introducing each other to some of their favourite tv shows, movies, cartoons, and other forms of media and then discuss them. What does the new watcher think, do they enjoy what the other is introducing them too? Will they become a fan of the work? Listen and find out!

Selections can be as far reaching as a childhood favourite to newly released works.

Most recent episode: Combat Ready: RWBY Season 1 finale

Kim and Cam watch the Season 1 finale of RWBY. With big reveals and more 20 questions, Kim and Cam say farewell to RWBY season 1 with a bang.

Previous episodes: Episode #3 - Ganon Pigs
Episode #2 - Action Sequence GO
Episode #1 - This is a Pilot Episode

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 28, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #31 - Apt Pupil

Paolo and Carrie are joined by their friend Courtney to discuss Bryan Singer's 1998 horror-drama Apt Pupil. Topics include: key differences between the film and Stephen King's original novella, the uncomfortable blend of Holocaust imagery and sexual imagery, and whether or not baseball is really Todd's sport.

Next episode: The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 25, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 11: King and Queen of Hell
Everyone loves Jughead so much that they have no choice but to hurt him. Is Cheryl into her dad, too? What kind of homecoming dance doesn't have crying in the bathroom? How can I get a daily milkshake delivery?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Discourse Collective

Genre: communist politics, leftism, international politics, current events, culture

Release Schedule: Current events episode every weekend, Theory and Culture episodes alternating on Wednesdays.

Goons: Myself :)

Description: A "big tent" leftism podcast that seeks to eschew sectarianism and a lot of the academic horse poo poo that bogs down leftist discourse and educate people coming to leftism in the Age of Trump and Late Capitalism, as well as bolstering the knowledge and resolve of already converted comrades. We want to be the People's Platform, and we take great pains to remain energetic, positive, sincere, and inclusive.

Most recent episode: Episode #24 Theory - The Labor Theory Of Value

The theory crew gives an overview of one of the crown jewels of Marxist thought, touches on criticisms and analogizes and relates concepts to the current day. Oh and we poo poo on Juicero.

Next episode: Current Events: Free Speech, dropping this Monday.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FALLOUT using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue exactly as it was written when the game came out.

Episode 01: Into the Wasteland

Here is the episode

Finally! There was more work involved in this than there should have been. Here is Season 02, Episode 01 of the Spoony Bard's Aural Theatre. We're doing 1997's CRPG Fallout this time. It's going to be eleven episodes and features the voice work of myself and my partner as well as a dozen or more goons, and Tony Shalhoub!

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
This is an hour and a half, but a half hour of it is just a bunch of talking about the podcast.

Release:

Goons:
Well, only me working on it but it features the vocal talents from numerous goons!

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Available on: Spreaker | RSS | SoundCloud | RSS | Google Play Music | iTunes

Genre: culture, comedy, nostalgia, media, film, animation.

Release Schedule: Every other Thursday!

Goons: 1/2 the hosts are goons! You weirdos know my real name now (Cam)

Description: Join Kim and Cam as they take turns in introducing each other to some of their favourite tv shows, movies, cartoons, and other forms of media and then discuss them. What does the new watcher think, do they enjoy what the other is introducing them too? Will they become a fan of the work? Listen and find out!

Selections can be as far reaching as a childhood favourite to newly released works.

Most recent episode: A Song of Mice and Furries

Cam introduces Kim to the animated adaptation of Brian Jacques' acclaimed series Redwall and is joined by a special guest, Allan. Join them as Cam reassures Kim that it's a kid's show, honest.

Previous episodes: Episode #4 - Combat Ready: RWBY Season 1 finale
Episode #3 - Ganon Pigs
Episode #2 - Action Sequence GO
Episode #1 - This is a Pilot Episode

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 28, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #32 - The Serpent and the Rainbow

Carrie and Paolo are joined again by the third member of The Secret Cinema, beloved composer Ricardo Ortiz, to discuss Wes Craven's 1988 voodoo horror film The Serpent and the Rainbow. Topics include: various insane tales from behind-the-scenes, scrotum stabbing, and Carrie and Paolo getting various facts wrong.

:siren: Due to Easter Island-related circumstances, Episode #33 will not be released until May 26th. However, those same circumstances brought you this episode a week early, so :shrug:

Next episode: Fear (1996)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 25, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 12: Sticky, Dirty Secrets
Plenty of stuff goes down, relationships get tested, but who cares because THE KILLER IS REVEALED! If Jughead's hat and hair are one and the same, is he a JoJo? Does Veronica still think her dad is to blame? How long has Betty had Cheryl on speed dial?
#HotDog4S2

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 10, 2017

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Science Friction

Available on: iTunes | RSS | Libsyn | Google Play Music

Genre: comedy, game show, panel show,

Release Schedule: Every other Thursday

Goons: The host!

Description: Science Friction is a sci-fi comedy game show where comedians score points for their opinions, and how close those opinions are to my opinions.

Most recent episode: The Garfield Backlash with Matt Koff (The Daily Show), Claudia Cogan (Last Comic Standing), Alex J. Marino (The Daily Show) & Rob Asaro (The People's Improv Theater)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 26: Disney's Hollywood Studios

It's part 3 of our Disney series. Disney-MGM Studios opened in 1989, dedicated to the art, craft, and magic of the movies. Today it has a new name and new focus. Alaina teaches us about how the park came to be and how it transitioned. How does creativity shine through a web of license agreements and legal challenges? If the working studios were so needed at the time, why weren't they sustainable? How important is a consistency of experience in planning a park?