Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Thanks verbal enema and everyone else who filled me in about this weird anime game. If I do go ahead and purchase it, it'll be on PC. Luckily my housemate has a PS4, so I'm downloading the demo as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Welp just be all the main endings

:c

I will never get to play this game for the first time again and experience everything. What a beautiful time.

Definitely​ in my personal top 3

E: this is the first time I've beaten the story in a game since Red Faction: Guerilla

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 17, 2017

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I tried going up against the optional boss Emil, in the cave next to the city crater and holy hell I got my rear end beat. I guess I expected to do more than barely any damage with my melee attack, and zero damage with my fully upgraded laser pod, but I guess that's what I get going into the fight at level 65. What's the best suggestion for getting a ton of EXP? I'm gonna certainly mess with my chips, but I figure it'd be best to actually get close to level 99 to actually have a decent fight on my hands.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

XavierGenisi posted:

I tried going up against the optional boss Emil, in the cave next to the city crater and holy hell I got my rear end beat. I guess I expected to do more than barely any damage with my melee attack, and zero damage with my fully upgraded laser pod, but I guess that's what I get going into the fight at level 65. What's the best suggestion for getting a ton of EXP? I'm gonna certainly mess with my chips, but I figure it'd be best to actually get close to level 99 to actually have a decent fight on my hands.

There's an extremely fast cheesy way to grind up to level 99 there's a robot statue you can hack at the center of the theme park plaza who gives at least 2-3 levels each time he dies all the way up to 99. It can only be hacked while you're remote controlling one of the smaller robots for some reason. That said if you want the postgame content to be any challenge at all on normal stop in the 80s or so, at 99 I found it all completely trivial

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
anyone know how to get the unit data for zombie amusement park medium bipeds? There's a few in the park but they aren't hostile and killing them doesn't give the data.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

No Mods No Masters posted:

There's an extremely fast cheesy way to grind up to level 99 there's a robot statue you can hack at the center of the theme park plaza who gives at least 2-3 levels each time he dies all the way up to 99. It can only be hacked while you're remote controlling one of the smaller robots for some reason. That said if you want the postgame content to be any challenge at all on normal stop in the 80s or so, at 99 I found it all completely trivial

Mechanic and extremely minor C Route spoiler There's one enemy when you're taking out the anti air units in Route C that apparently has some shielding to make it unhackable from androids. It serves as kind of a tutorial for taking a small machine and using it to get into bigger ones. They literally never do it again though so whatever.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
a simple question in this minefield of spoilers; is there any real reason not to hack every enemy all the time?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Million Ghosts posted:

a simple question in this minefield of spoilers; is there any real reason not to hack every enemy all the time?

no, but it'll take you a while if you just want them to die fast and move on

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Million Ghosts posted:

You can but it's not really the most time efficient. To achieve that you'll need to judiciously mix hacking with spear throw cheese

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
the minigame is so good, i may just go all in to hacking and deal with the pace.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
errr so this girl's first line when she talks to the blind boy on the radio with the jetpack "emotion is prohibited, also don't call me ma'am". Also currency on the floor looks like gears. I feel like shes more robot than human.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

finish the prologue

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

buglord posted:

errr so this girl's first line when she talks to the blind boy on the radio with the jetpack "emotion is prohibited, also don't call me ma'am". Also currency on the floor looks like gears. I feel like shes more robot than human.

She isn't a human no.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Artelier posted:

finish the prologue
Dunno if the demo would let me go that far. I already got to the point where we touched eachother's cubes and then presumably all those walking factories exploded. Then I got kicked back to the "hey go ahead and buy this on release!" screen. Interesting demo. Was surprised how much I liked the constant camera changes. Pretty unique.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Does Chapter Select break sidequests? I'm going back to areas where it says I'm a 2/4 with 2B or whatever but no sidequests are showing as available.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Does Chapter Select break sidequests? I'm going back to areas where it says I'm a 2/4 with 2B or whatever but no sidequests are showing as available.

If it shows 2/4 available then 2 are still available. You may need to progress the narrative within the sub-chapter for them to appear, or it may be somewhat hidden. The Emil related quests don't have any markers to initiate them, for example.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Some quests are given by the Operators if you wander around after they become available. It's not broken you just need to be in the right part of the story for it to trigger.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think sometimes a quest can no longer be picked up but can still be active if you picked it up previously. When that happens the tracker counts it but you can't jump to that point to start it.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah sometimes a quest can only be initiated in one subsection of the story, but can be completed in many sections and thus will be shown in all of them. It's really confusing and I wouldn't recommend trying to cleanup sidequests from chapter select without a guide.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

No Mods No Masters posted:

Huh, so that's how you do it. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to fight the robot statue, thinking that I had to beat it up a lot until it got pissed off or something. I completely forgot to try chain hacking in route B, and instead tried doing that in Route C. Which went nowhere. Oh well. Thanks for the tips.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When's Steam go-live?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

7 hours, according to the Steam page.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I'm hoping there's some good steam controller configs for it. That might take a day or two of waiting though.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Speaking of Steam, I looked around the internet but didn't see: is there any word on how good the PC port is? Given the ease of porting from the PS4 to PC, I've been suspecting it'll be good and my machine either meets the recommended sysreqs or blows them out of the water, but I still wanted to see what was known, if anything.

Literally every person I know who's played this has loved it. I'm really looking forward to it, PC or PS4.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but, how do you get back to base? At some point I saw myself stepping out of a machine at the main ground resistance base, and someone said something about a teleport. but I don't know if I imagined that or not? I haven't seen it again.

Is there no way to get back? I want to buy enhancements. I suppose everything's available elsewhere?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Resistance Camp Terminal has a teleport back to the Bunker... And you unlock fast travel from most terminals later on

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

redreader posted:

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but, how do you get back to base? At some point I saw myself stepping out of a machine at the main ground resistance base, and someone said something about a teleport. but I don't know if I imagined that or not? I haven't seen it again.

Is there no way to get back? I want to buy enhancements. I suppose everything's available elsewhere?

the bunker can be teleported to from access points. on your map, they're marked as a triple square / rectangle thing

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can we talk about how Pod 153 and Pod 042 are really, really good characters.

Which I never expected.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks, Artelier.

Also, what items can I safely sell?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

redreader posted:

Thanks, Artelier.

Also, what items can I safely sell?

Everything that says "can be sold for profit"
Fish, Human Garbage like Necklaces, Machine Cores(those increase in value the farther you are in the game, tho)

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

XavierGenisi posted:

Huh, so that's how you do it. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to fight the robot statue, thinking that I had to beat it up a lot until it got pissed off or something. I completely forgot to try chain hacking in route B, and instead tried doing that in Route C. Which went nowhere. Oh well. Thanks for the tips.

You can actually fight the robot statue normally. If you attack it enough it'll come to life and attack you with a variety of lines during the fight. 2B even has a comment after the fight if you beat it at her. I haven't tried hacking it yet so I'll have to give that a go.

Emron posted:

No, it was the supply shop guy's quest. I cleared the enemies without anything dropping, so I quicksaved and loaded three times to get everything. Not sure if it bugged out or what. I'm in the desert now, and I've got no clue what's going on. It's definitely picked up, it was just a weird experience to see drop rates affect a quest with a finite number of enemies.

The problem you were having is that the items the supply guy is asking for are just random drops you can get from any enemy in the area. You don't actually have to kill the ones at the marked location for them at all, except for possibly one item that may not drop normally at that point but definitely does in other areas.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 17, 2017

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Eopia posted:

You can actually fight the robot statue normally. If you attack it enough it'll come to life and attack you with a variety of lines during the fight. 2B even has a comment after the fight if you beat it at her. I haven't tried hacking it yet so I'll have to give that a go.
Be warned: This was like, 15 minutes of solid countering and bombing for my level 75 A2.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ending D spoilers

youtube video url id > MHTgWxmUKTw

I beat her with melee so I never saw this. This is the coolest thing
(The fourth time she is hacked)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 17, 2017

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I 100%ed this game and I'm still finding out about new poo poo. It's so good.

Question for people more knowledgeable in Eastern philosophy than me:
Anyone know the etymology of So-shi and Boko-shi? I figure Ro-Shi is Laozi and Ko-Shi is Kong Fuzi, but I can't figure out those other two.(Confucius)

Also, I kinda wish Hegel hadn't been a boss. Would've made the Emil fight more special. Ah, well. It was different enough, and we did get to fight him in his car earlier (which was harder, imo).
Does anyone have a guess on when the Emil fight is supposed to take place chronologically, considering you can do it at almost any point once you have all the weapons upgraded? I personally want to think that it's after Ending E, but that's definitely wishful thinking.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beefstew posted:

I 100%ed this game and I'm still finding out about new poo poo. It's so good.

Question for people more knowledgeable in Eastern philosophy than me:
Anyone know the etymology of So-shi and Boko-shi? I figure Ro-Shi is Laozi and Ko-Shi is Kong Fuzi, but I can't figure out those other two.(Confucius)

Also, I kinda wish Hegel hadn't been a boss. Would've made the Emil fight more special. Ah, well. It was different enough, and we did get to fight him in his car earlier (which was harder, imo).
Does anyone have a guess on when the Emil fight is supposed to take place chronologically, considering you can do it at almost any point once you have all the weapons upgraded? I personally want to think that it's after Ending E, but that's definitely wishful thinking.

At any point after his introduction and maybe the visit to Kainé's house would make most sense, but Yoko Taro has never worried too much about making things make chronological sense so I don't hink you should worry too much either.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

oh boy oh boy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ending D spoilers

Might want to un-embed that video (spoiler tags don't work for that) considering the thumbnail has a spoiler.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Might want to un-embed that video (spoiler tags don't work for that) considering the thumbnail has a spoiler.

:sigh: good thing I finished sometime ago but yeah: :cmon:

Preview the poo poo you post.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Beefstew posted:

Be warned: This was like, 15 minutes of solid countering and bombing for my level 75 A2.

Oh yes. Much like the Golden machines it's extremely difficult to do damage to. I used so many melee and ranged attack up Ls to making killing to bearable at about the same level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Mindblast posted:

:sigh: good thing I finished sometime ago but yeah: :cmon:

Preview the poo poo you post.

I had no idea you could even embed YT videos on SA so :shrug: always come up looking like this for me

I'll break the link regardless.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 17, 2017