Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

I bet this guy tests his tap water for fluoride

He's too busy doing 'actual' damage control to have time to check his water today :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This cross-forum kerfluffle is really too minor to care about but it's still worth a good chuckle on a slow day. There's still people who didn't get the there's no such thing as a premium member message, all of those posts were just a joke using spoiler tags, even 4chan has them joke

The best part is someone out there won't believe this post, and bless their hearts for it.

Samizdata posted:

Saw the Chip and Ironicus playthrough of the demo. Looks good, man. :getin:

heck yeah

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This kinda shows that backers, at least the ones that read SA, are worried about TheAgent's leaks.

We've been pulling the platinum tag and sarcastic troll leak poo poo for a really, really long time and when it's about the TheAgent they immediately jump all over it because they want it to be true, apparently more than any of the other 200 instances of troll disinformation that at best was mentioned once on reddit.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xarbala posted:

I didn't really talk about andromeda because I wasn't interested in it and it didn't have anything about it that really caught my eye, sorry I missed out on the chance to become part of the dastardly goon hivemind that was just conquered

another game will come along soon enough, spacefriend :glomp:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

how does reddit know about our damage control chaffposting :ohdear:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

quote:

redchris18 2 points 33 minutes ago

They are, in effect, claiming that they wilfully pretended to be actively fabricating TheAgent's claims in a private chatroom on the off-chance that someone had maliciously infiltrated their forum so that they could troll that person (if they existed).

I am sceptical.

I am dead. :mmmhmm:

I like the way he bracketted 'if they exist', it's you redchris.

Jesus, someone sell him a bridge or something, the guy is impossibly gullible. Honestly, if I hadn't seen it all happen with my own eyes in real time, I would not believe they were this slow on the uptake.

Edit: Hi scfanatical :D o/

Edit 2: redchris is deleting his posts now :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 17, 2017

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

MeLKoR posted:

I don't even know what is real anymore. The trolls became the trollees.

/r/dereksmart is populated by the most wonderfully retarded group of idiots. I hope croberts never stops fleecing them and Derek never gets it shut down.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm going to go against the grain here, but it was obvious that The Agent was a fraud. A lot of the predictions had no rhyme or reason, which suggests that there were multiple authors. Only the most dedicated goons would bother to write fake predictions. So of course it was being coordinated on Derek's Discord, the HQ for the most obsessive SC posters.
Keep on doing what you are doing /r/ds.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
drat I really thought we had them this time :(

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You've been outed TheAgent, time to turn in your badge and gun keep doin what you're doin

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Exinos posted:

/r/dereksmart is populated by the most wonderfully retarded group of idiots. I hope croberts never stops fleecing them and Derek never gets it shut down.

Don't forget r/dereksmart brought us my favorite idiot gem of this entire 5 year long fuckup

"Stupid goons, Bengal can't fit into memory? Then how can the game be small if the ship is so big? :smug:"

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

..and we would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling Redditors!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • almost none of the stretch goals listed in the kickstarter will be implemented
  • release will be a total MVP to drudge up sales around oct/nov this year
  • free weekends brought almost no new players into the game
  • staff will be cut following release, including some high profile people
  • patches will add additional cash shop items but less and less gameplay
  • story and promised single player content will be pushed to TBA
  • heavily focused on the MMO portion
  • players who have spent over $1,000 consist of 99% of ongoing sales
  • peak players for Feb 2017 averaged less than 160
  • monthly income cannot cover expenditures
  • big name CEO is using own funds to cover the losses
shroud of the avatar

also the latest leaks got looked over, but if they are true and someone is covering the budget shortfalls out of their own pocket then that makes one single point of failure for the entire project.

That would mean Star Citizen is no longer floating on a sea of desperate idiot dreams and only continues as long as the single person bankrolling it has money or the desire to spend their money.

It's 7-8 months until they are scheduled to force out the hacked 3.0 scam minimum viable product module thing, so I can't see someone wanting to drop $30,000,000 more dollars to end up with even more terrible motion capture and a game mode a competent team could have made in 6 months with 1/10th that budget.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 17, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

VealCutlet posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart...name=DerekSmart

Think it's time to take the hit and admit we hosed up guys :(

Never! They never stopped the CS bots or the refund bots. WE FIGHT ON!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

In my opinion.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Their super-sleuthing will be the downfall of us all! /s

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lol does this mean I can stop posting using 15 different accounts in this thread just to boost the numbers?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Lol does this mean I can stop posting using 15 different accounts in this thread just to boost the numbers?

as long as I can be TheAgent next

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Xarbala posted:

This cross-forum kerfluffle is really too minor to care about but it's still worth a good chuckle on a slow day. There's still people who didn't get the there's no such thing as a premium member message, all of those posts were just a joke using spoiler tags, even 4chan has them joke

Nice OPSEC there. Visit the hidden thread to obtain your promotion.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Here's some loving irony for you, redchris18 and all of the other impenetrable morons reading this thread while being too scared to actually post here to have an actual conversation:

The Agent's latest leaks have genuinely convinced me that Star Citizen may be saved and might actually come out.

For loving 2 years we've been pretending to be a giant conspiracy while The Agent has been leaking damaging information about CIG. He finally leaks that a giant company is taking the game under its wing and providing funding and development assistance to help make the game real, and you guys are like "wait a god drat second something's not right here"

loving lol. Well done you sure did crack the case on this one. Holy poo poo.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I loved ME2 so much, it was scary. I played through the entire game 4-5 times. I replayed an entire play-trough because I was unhappy with one choice I did in on specific mission. Then I got ME3 and I played that poo poo hard, got to the end for the first time and I was like, OK I guess that was it not what I hoped, I'm gonna take a break. Then stuff like "the DLC really makes the game feel more complete" and stuff like that just made me decide to not play it ever again.

I haven't even bothered looking into the new one.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MY HEAD HURTS...MALFORMED ANIMATION WITH PRIMARY WEAPON

EXPECTED RESULT
My P4 should not be lodged in my head.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tokamak posted:

I'm going to go against the grain here, but it was obvious that The Agent was a fraud. A lot of the predictions had no rhyme or reason, which suggests that there were multiple authors. Only the most dedicated goons would bother to write fake predictions. So of course it was being coordinated on Derek's Discord, the HQ for the most obsessive SC posters.
Keep on doing what you are doing /r/ds.

he always said he had an email that people sent poo poo too and also talked to people at bars and poo poo. did people forget this stuff

has trump rotted everyones memory with alternative facts

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AP posted:

MY HEAD HURTS...MALFORMED ANIMATION WITH PRIMARY WEAPON

EXPECTED RESULT
My P4 should not be lodged in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evlrs5Bi_6E

Just because it suits it so well, and I'm a Python fan. :D

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha Beer, you finally got busted about the fake refunds.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Derek is directly involved in making The Agent predictions because he understands game development.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
CIG, hire this man

quote:

More likely escape mechanics will be in place instead, as well as breaking people out of jail. If you fail then longer sentence or your fine will increase. Cr and devs have stated that they want prison to be a game mechanic and not a RL punishment. Not sure how they are going to do this but I'm in hope for prison barges. This will allow boarding mechanics for pirates or mercs rescues as well escapes. Or even bribery. Needs to add to the game not punish people that are playing it properly.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

CIG, hire this man

Maybe they should just ask FuzzyModem for his insight, can't hurt having a guy on the inside.

(Unless you're an Alaskan child) :rimshot:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hahaha, imagine one of the wales accidentally crashing his Idris into olisar because he discontented from the game or something and then having to spend 30 days of gametime in a jailcell. And then convincing himself that it's a good game mechanic.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This is all fascinating. In any other video game context (in developer and gamers circles alike), this would normally be met with a prompt "where do you come up with this crap?" response.

But then, we have Star Citizen to thank for this paradigm. People can type what they just dreamed up last night, which should definitely be included in the game and as a matter of fact is already in the game's specs/ scope because.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

Hahaha, imagine one of the wales accidentally crashing his Idris into olisar because he discontented from the game or something and then having to spend 30 days of gametime in a jailcell. And then convincing himself that it's a good game mechanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pZTZcdYKeM

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Space Crabs posted:

also the latest leaks got looked over, but if they are true and someone is covering the budget shortfalls out of their own pocket then that makes one single point of failure for the entire project.

That would mean Star Citizen is no longer floating on a sea of desperate idiot dreams and only continues as long as the single person bankrolling it has money or the desire to spend their money.

It's 7-8 months until they are scheduled to force out the hacked 3.0 scam minimum viable product module thing, so I can't see someone wanting to drop $30,000,000 more dollars to end up with even more terrible motion capture and a game mode a competent team could have made in 6 months with 1/10th that budget.

I think that particular list of leaks is for Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar game. SoA: why pay $60 for Elder Scrolls Online when you can pay $1,000's for the same thing except broken?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jlebrech/status/842663615035576320

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

TrustmeImLegit posted:

So what you are telling me is that spoiler tagging "you must have premium to view this message" has worked a few dozen times?

At least one goon posted in here about getting plat over those spoiler tags before realizing how dumb he was, so who knows how many shitizen lurkers did.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

JUST DOOOO IIIITTTTT

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/weed_daddy_baby/status/842587829330833408
https://twitter.com/weed_daddy_baby/status/842590031017472000
Ah, yes, the big jesus patch is just around the corner
https://twitter.com/weed_daddy_baby/status/842591103589081088
lol
https://twitter.com/l33chb0t/status/842592094434738177
hahahahaha

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I for one think that Star Citizen has much more fidelitous T-Poses, true AAAA+ level (pre-alpha)game T-Poses. None of this low budget, publisher made shovelware crap that is trying to pass it's self off as a game. (can't even pay to win it like you can in the glorious Star Citizen, before it's even made!)

Doubt they have the acting talent of someone of Sandi Gardiner's level, or even the level below that of Hollywood star standard like Gary Oldparp.

For Mass Effect: Andromeda, I pull out my rear end a review* score of -2 Parps out of 17 with a single paragraph note of "Should try less, and more; more as in try to find out how to delete all the developer codebase and not start again. - Kosumo"

*This review was based off drinking 4 beers and 5 hits from the bong and no gameplay or watching gameplay - I can just tell that in a world with Chris Roberts in it, if he was not involved with your game, your game is poo poo and brings shame upon all mankind except Chris Roberts and those who pledged to his scam games (except Ben who brings shame upon shame for being so Ben)

p.s. By reading this you have agreed to my cast iron, as tight as a Moma, ToS and you can contact costumer service to request your time back but you will only be drawn into wasting more time.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/842497096607563776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

loving a++ shilling weed daddy baby