Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mahoning posted:

Is this Something Awful dot com or am I on the wrong website?

Yeah this is home to dumb meltdowns and yours is pretty up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Blastermaster 0 is way cool. I was too rough on my 35 dollar card and can't read it so I have to call Nintendo tomorrow

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mahoning posted:

Oh, poor guys, did I make fun of your favorite internet in-joke dead horse? I'm sure the poor web comic required you white knights valiantly jumping to its defense.

Experiencing loss.jpg can be harder on the poster than the thread. You should do everything to move past it, and learn.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Takoluka posted:

According to my Switch, my SD card is being exclusively used for everything. No games, saves, or even screenshots are being saved to the internal memory.

I can't seem to find a setting to use mine at all. It's just sitting there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I want Puyo Puyo Tetris but I don't know if I 40 dollars want it. I kind of 20 dollars want it. I guess I'll just make do with the demo.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

does the demo expire or anything? I've played quite a lot and it seems like it's pretty generous with giving you what's basically the full game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JVSLFTXV4/nintendo-switch-joycon-knuckles?optionId=62180129

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

for the low low price of $25 you too can get a 3d-printed knuckle grip that requires disassembling and scavenging parts from an existing grip clip

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/instalyssa/status/842511534383423488

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

InFlames235 posted:

Yessss my Waterfield case shipped 😎😎

lol I just looked at those and some of my purses are less feminine and more subdued than these handbags for nerd products

like some of the bags for other stuff don't look like hand bags but the switch case is literally just a hand bag, especially if you get a strap lol

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 17, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

C-SPAN Caller posted:

lol I just looked at those and some of my purses are less feminine and more subdued than these handbags for nerd products

like some of the bags for other stuff don't look like hand bags but the switch case is literally just a hand bag

i got one and glued some neon truck nuts to it, wouldn't want anyone thinking it was a girl purse for girls

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i got one and glued some neon truck nuts to it, wouldn't want anyone thinking it was a girl purse for girls

to be fair its a nice purse and the switch design shape makes for an excellent purse, if it was slightly larger I'd think about getting one if I could put non-switch stuff in it like my phone, tissues, and other small poo poo like lip balm

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

I think some people in the audience are overreacting a bit.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Wheany posted:

I think some people in the audience are overreacting a bit.

welcome to sonic fans

looks like any other 3d sonic stage from the past 10 years

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

C-SPAN Caller posted:

welcome to sonic fans

Google your real name + 'the hedgehog' for a fun time

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

jesus its gotten worse since I last did that

why does it look like Rem from Re:Zero now????

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

It looks like a woman's purse my friend, no getting around it.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I mean that travel case looks like any old bag but the other bags are just a baguette if you get a strap, and if you don't its a clutch.

If you get it in crimson leather, it's pretty flamboyant for even a women's hand bag if its supposed to be typical-wear and not matching an outfit.

I wonder if handbags for men catch on if will mean your pants pockets will become non-existent too?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Carrying around a switch is more pathetic than carrying around a purse so you might as well try to be fashionable and look hella good while playing your child games outside

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

ð’» 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®ð’ ð’¾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Takoluka posted:

According to my Switch, my SD card is being exclusively used for everything. No games, saves, or even screenshots are being saved to the internal memory.

Digital Foundry said it will switch *snap* to internal memory only when your sd card is full. But running off internal memory is faster.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah my case is always inside a bigger bag when I travel so idk I just want it to protect the $469 toy whilst I'm walking through the airport. Hence I got the Zelda one because I like it.

Also I would look awesome rocking a clutch, I expect.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wandle Cax posted:

It looks like a woman's purse my friend, no getting around it.

no self respecting woman would wear a purse with day-glo orange truck nuts on it, ergo my fragile masculinity is secure

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

A patch dropped for Bomberman that's supposed to fix the input lag.

It doesn't.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Macintosh HD posted:

Well that was disappointing

:yeah:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

A patch dropped for Bomberman that's supposed to fix the input lag.

It doesn't.

Horns.aiff

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Infinitum posted:

what the gently caress

apparently my hedgehog fursona has been in 40 movies and is voiced by christian bale??

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Abisteen posted:

what the gently caress

apparently my hedgehog fursona has been in 40 movies and is voiced by christian bale??

stop doxxing my fursona

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfOejlvVsY

Nintendo to double Switch production to 16 million units by year end

This does not include the 2 million units manufactured already by the end of this financial year (April)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Woo!

After watching the Super Mario Odyssey trailer again, quite a bit of it evokes BotW imo. Namely the shaders on the environment art, camera handling, and some of the climbing/locomotion. Would not mind if this were Mario: Botw. Also, since the elements that make up a Mario game have always been super abstract, they can get away with more fun/weird gameplay elements without having to explain anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kcdRBHM7kM

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfOejlvVsY

Nintendo to double Switch production to 16 million units by year end

This does not include the 2 million units manufactured already by the end of this financial year (April)

Going to hear a lot less about the 3ds here on out now that Nintendo is building confidence in the Switch hybrid concept. They are going to be a force.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's def going to be interesting to see if they'll phase out the 3DS if the Switch gains as much traction as they're hoping. No sense having 2 'portables' at the same time.

I love my 3DS to death, but I'd love love love to see a port of the upcoming Mario Sports Superstars to the Switch.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

My 3DS is effectively dead since the Switch came out.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

enojy posted:

My 3DS is effectively dead since the Switch came out.

same, at this rate i'll have a backlog on it for forever. whoops

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

16m seems a bit optimistic. I remember the WiiU they kept insisting 9 million the first year and it ended up at 2.7.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

16m seems a bit optimistic. I remember the WiiU they kept insisting 9 million the first year and it ended up at 2.7.

Yeah, but the Switch is actually useful :v:

Plus they're going to have ALL their main properties on the system (:rip: Metroid) within the first year AND before the holiday season.
Not to mention a super strong indie backing via the eShop.

This thing will sell like hotcakes coming up to christmas, especially once they start bundling games together.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not really. Smash and Pokemon are just rumors from people who proved to be unreliable past general hardware stuff. Apart from what they've announced we have no idea what what other games are coming this year and there's no reason to believe those other ones are until they are announced.

Also Xenoblade 2 I would be extremely surprised if it came out this year.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

same, at this rate i'll have a backlog on it for forever. whoops

I have a good half dozen games I've been meaning to play forever on my 3ds (SMTIV, Kid Icarus, Phoenix Wright Trilogy, etc) but man the Switch looks and feels so nice I don't know if I can go back to the uncomfortable 3ds with the blurry screen-door screen. I was raised to be better than this...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm talking Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and ARMS.

Smash Deluxe style port would be wonderful. (All stages + characters from both the 3DS+WiiU versions? :allears:)

Pokémon Stars rumour panning out? First ever main series Pokémon game on a console? 16 million wouldn't be enough :v:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

parallelodad posted:

There's been a lot of artificial scarcity shouting by keyboard business majors and loud fat internet mans. This directly addresses that. Cynically this is them cashing in on their artificial scarcity.

Either way good. Everyone who wants one can get one.

Also lol and comparing the sales to wiiu. People still don't know what that was. 50 year old businessmen at the airport are asking me "is that the Switch". Identifying it on sight by name. The Superbowl ad worked. The brand name is out there. It wont be a wii success probably. But its going to sell a lot. Everyone has tried a game on an ipad. A tablet that plays real games with real controls is appealing to masses that gamer nerds (everyone itt) aren't in touch with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My boss is going to be on a ten hour flight today and I'm sorely tempted to bring my Switch to the office and head down to my car for multiple "meetings" with BotW.

• Locked thread