Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Jfc can goons not talk about steak or pineapples for like 5 loving pages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Glagha posted:

I mean, if you look too deep into any comic book super heroes you start to realize that it's kind of a hosed up fantasy. I mean, Batman is a private citizen who regularly takes the liberty of beating the everloving hell out of people and threatens/tortures them to extract testimony. Hell, he hacks cell phones for mass surveillance in The Dark Knight and is actually called out on that being a hosed up thing to do but the film doesn't really dwell on it. I get where you're coming from though. It's like the people out there who don't realize that Rorschach in Watchmen isn't supposed to be idolized.

Yeah, Punisher is a pure fantasy of "I wish the bad guys who get away with crimes would get what's coming to them." He's there so you can sit down and watch a guy mow through dudes who the law isn't handling and who super deserve it, and you know they super deserve it because it's fiction.

It's like the difference between idolizing Rorschach and finding him an interesting character.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

unwantedplatypus posted:

I had a burger with grilled pineapple on top the other day.

It was goddamn delicious.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

unwantedplatypus posted:

No, we can't.

At least it isn't gun chat.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

unwantedplatypus posted:

I think waffles are better than pancakes

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

RFC2324 posted:

No, we can't.

Wait is it called a clip or a magazine?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

That's been the main characterization of him since he was introduced, man. I'm pretty sure in the comic Punisher debuted in he was a villain the heroes were trying to stop because he was killing jaywalkers. At one point he starts shooting at a couple taking a walk when they miss getting their newspaper in the garbage can by literally inches. I mean.....what did you "like" about him before this revelation? :psyduck:

Man, come on, comic book characters are great- and terrible- because they've all got anywhere between sixty to twenty years of backstory mixed with other characters that you have to know. Some of this stuff just falls through the cracks. My impression was that he'd take a gun and kill all those criminals, mooks and the leaders.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Spoiler warning: All superhero comics are fascist propaganda. Yes, even that one that you like that's totally different from the others.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

IamnotJoe posted:

Wait is it called a clip or a magazine?

I thought they were called bullets :psyduck:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Glagha posted:

I think waffles are better than pancakes

Swedish pancakes/waffles is the best. You Americans with your fat pancakes are just sad. They're dry and soggy at the same time, how even?!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

IamnotJoe posted:

White Genocide apparently is about killing white people.

https://twitter.com/kat_blaque/status/842433948047163392

Is the funny part the entire twitter stream, because it's nuts. Kat Blaque is pretty awesome though.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

there wolf posted:

Is the funny part the entire twitter stream, because it's nuts. Kat Blaque is pretty awesome though.

I only joined the white genocide movement to kill white people.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

IamnotJoe posted:

I only joined the white genocide movement to kill white people.

Well that's too bad then. The kill whitey club meets in a different building. All we do here at white genocide is move into the suburbs, have biracial babies, and make utilities have an option to press 9 for Spanish when you call in.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

OldTennisCourt posted:

He's not supposed to be a hero, he's supposed to be the least awful person when you regard the awful people he deals with.

Right. A bad character.

IamnotJoe posted:

I have always liked the Punisher but then I realized that the he is a Republican wet dream. A spree killer hunting down undesirables.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

BigglesSWE posted:

Swedish pancakes/waffles is the best. You Americans with your fat pancakes are just sad. They're dry and soggy at the same time, how even?!

I will actually fight you

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
French toast is obviously the superior breakfast entree

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On Shrove Tuesday (colloq. Pancake Day) this year I made my own pancakes from scratch. They were pretty good. Went with the american style stack rather than the more usual crepe because I find the crepes too thin, the topping basically ends up just on the plate as the pancake just shreds under the knife.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Who What Now posted:

:):respek::)

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

tyblazitar posted:

Spoiler warning: All superhero comics are fascist propaganda. Yes, even that one that you like that's totally different from the others.

poo poo man that's loving deep

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My idiot friends went on a rant last night that Punjabi guys (who she called 'brown buddy in a turban taking over everything here') shouldn't play hockey because it's for white Canadians only. Gladly everyone who commented called her the gently caress out, including mentioning that our team was led to the play-offs by a black captain. She deleted the post.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

RFC2324 posted:

No, we can't.

Is this a sandwich?

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

poo poo man that's loving deep

Next Wave.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Aboriginal deaths in custody (the media still calls them this to this day which is loving pathetic)
What should they be calling them?

Who What Now posted:

If you're going to have a cooked breakfast, bacon and eggs on toast at the very least. Ideally a full English.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tiggum posted:

Murder?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tiggum posted:

If you're going to have a cooked breakfast, bacon and eggs on toast at the very least. Ideally a full English.

If I wanted to have something bland and disappointing I'd get a McMuffin.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

They can't call it murder until after it's been investigated and determined to be murder though.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"The guy just died randomly and mysteriously in his cell, we have no idea what happened." Says the cop, sliding the bloodied baton under a desk.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
"We got some calls about possible domestic abuse, but her husband just said she fell down the stairs! Case closed I guess! :shrug:"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

OldTennisCourt posted:

Wait, what comic has Punisher just randomly murdering people for littering and killing jaywalkers? It either sounds like that was an extremely lovely writer who had no clue what they were doing, or you're mixing up the Punisher with someone else.

Punisher was only ever well written in his MAX series. He's not supposed to be a hero, he's supposed to be the least awful person when you regard the awful people he deals with.

In one of the comics where he describes his armory he talks about the security system on his van. It's literally rigged to explode is rocked. He laughs about the fact that some kids will probably jump on his hood one day and explode while he's parked somewhere.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tiggum posted:

They can't call it murder until after it's been investigated and determined to be murder though.

You're correct, "murder" is a legal term with a specific meaning.

So let's go with "killed", then.

Or maybe we can by a little more honest and call it "brutally beaten to death by the police while in custody".

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Grem posted:

In one of the comics where he describes his armory he talks about the security system on his van. It's literally rigged to explode is rocked. He laughs about the fact that some kids will probably jump on his hood one day and explode while he's parked somewhere.

The punisher is so comically awful I get worried that there are people who sincerely think he's an awesome character and that we need someone like him IRL.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

You're correct, "murder" is a legal term with a specific meaning.

So let's go with "killed", then.

Or maybe we can by a little more honest and call it "brutally beaten to death by the police while in custody".

They're not allowed to say any of those things. If they have a video of a police officer beating someone to death, they still can't call it murder until it's been legally determined.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

No, we can't.

Beans only belong in one kind of chili. Gunpowder chili.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Tiggum posted:

They're not allowed to say any of those things. If they have a video of a police officer beating someone to death, they still can't call it murder until it's been legally determined.

What about this? They call it murder when it was obviously self defense. The "victim" was brandishing a pineapple pizza.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Goddamn that poor bastard just cannot get a break can he

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Catberry posted:

What about this? They call it murder when it was obviously self defense. The "victim" was brandishing a pineapple pizza.

There should be some thing similar to the castle doctrine that if you see some one eating a pizza with pineapple on it you have to kill them or you face life in jail yourself.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Manuel Calavera posted:

Beans only belong in one kind of chili. Gunpowder chili.

I agree.

Catberry posted:

He deserved worse

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

There should be some thing similar to the castle doctrine that if you see some one eating a pizza with pineapple on it you have to kill them or you face life in jail yourself.

No pizza laws.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nuebot posted:

The punisher is so comically awful I get worried that there are people who sincerely think he's an awesome character and that we need someone like him IRL.

Characters don't have to be morally good to be entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RatHat posted:

Characters don't have to be morally good to be entertaining.

That's not why people like him though.

They like him because he is morally good in their eyes, and for the most part the comics don't do much to dissuade that notion.