Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Schwarzwald posted:

The suits are really good, though. Delta is probably my favorite Heisei era design.

Agreed, Accel Form and Blaster Mode are still two of the best upgrade designs in the franchise's history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

drrockso20 posted:

Agreed, Accel Form and Blaster Mode are still two of the best upgrade designs in the franchise's history
Kachidoki Arms. :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ain't nothing better than TaJaDor

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PMush Perfect posted:

Kachidoki Arms. :colbert:

That one is also up there

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Accel is the best and I love every single moment its used

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Yes, suits good, show really, really bad. You know it's bad when the Decade segment was better than the actual show.

I feel the same way about Hibiki actually (which was at least half of a good series until the writing change happened and the show kind of stopped having a plot).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 17, 2017

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Accel is the best and I love every single moment its used
Can it turn into a bike?

Thought so. Inferior suit, inferior rider.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phimose Knight posted:

Can it turn into a bike?

Thought so. Inferior suit, inferior rider.

You realize 555's bike is a giant robot right

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

You realize 555's bike is a giant robot right

"Giant" is a bit of an exaggeration. It's a human-sized robot.

Human enough to be playable in Climax Heroes, and then disappear once Climax Heroes started making sense.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

"Giant" is a bit of an exaggeration. It's a human-sized robot.

Human enough to be playable in Climax Heroes, and then disappear once Climax Heroes started making sense.

Look I might have been thinking of its superior SIC form and how amazing that fucker is

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFueQVmNqv4

This is the greatest scene in toku history.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
too bad about the rest of that special

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hahahaha, what the gently caress

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I can pinpoint the exact moment that Gou reaches nirvana and realizes all humiliation and pain is fleeting on the way to enlightenment.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That spit take

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

My favorite part was Gou trying to punch Chase only for him to unknowingly dodge by playfully spinning around, only for Gou to roll into chewing on his towel in frustration.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

TFRazorsaw posted:

I prefer this one because you'd think they would've gotten at least one person who knew English to go "Uh you sure you don't want to use another song?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbqSzH9VIec

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I.

I don't even know what the proper response to that is.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I.

I don't even know what the proper response to that is.
It's not that weird when you hear Jump magazine sponsored the episode.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

I prefer this one because you'd think they would've gotten at least one person who knew English to go "Uh you sure you don't want to use another song?"

i will always hate this clip because it makes me want to watch 555

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

With any other song, and for the original audience, I'm sure that was a really cool moment. Like, the idea behind it is great, and for a culture that is a little xenophobic, it's probably not a huge deal at all, but... sure does make it awkward to watch when you speak English.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Brother Entropy posted:

i will always hate this clip because it makes me want to watch 555

Open your eyes for the next Faiz.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
We are only half way through Ex-Aid and poo poo is going DOWN.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The guy doing the transformation jingles/shouts is having a whale of a time. LEVEEEEEL MAAAAAX!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ask Me For Warez posted:

We are only half way through Ex-Aid and poo poo is going DOWN.
Thinking of changing my summary/review of Ex-Aid in my masterpost to "Gaim, but with video games. Weak start, gets really good right around when they stop playing the opening."

Opinions?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

Thinking of changing my summary/review of Ex-Aid in my masterpost to "Gaim, but with video games. Weak start, gets really good right around when they stop playing the opening."

Opinions?

I'm not sure if "Gaim, but with video games" is the best description but the rest is undeniably true.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I mean, at this point in Ghost we were all saying 'it's really picking up,' it's hard to judge something that's not even halfway through.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Here let me help you with a review.

EX-AID: Is good.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I am not 100% on Emu's "I know you're still good. You just want make people happy." on Dan. Like, Emu. This dude killed Kiriya. Among other people. He killed the one dude who looked at you from the start and went 'this kid has it, I believe in him'. to the point he apparently made a program specifically for you to use to beat Dan. Dan is a loving bioterrorist, Emu. Don't pity him.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I am not 100% on Emu's "I know you're still good. You just want make people happy." on Dan. Like, Emu. This dude killed Kiriya. Among other people. He killed the one dude who looked at you from the start and went 'this kid has it, I believe in him'. to the point he apparently made a program specifically for you to use to beat Dan. Dan is a loving bioterrorist, Emu. Don't pity him.

Oh good lord do we have another "There's still good in you Adel!" situation AGAIN?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

gourdcaptain posted:

Oh good lord do we have another "There's still good in you Adel!" situation AGAIN?

Not unless Dan is resurrected. He's super dead.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

- Bloody hell Maximum's suit is awesome and I love how the movement is so clunky and how awkward the suit actor is in it. Really adds to a feel of power.
- Bloody hell Emu you are dumb, but I guess that's to be expected by now.
- Bloody hell that was an incredible death scene. RIP, your ham was the greatest and will be impossible to top in following seasons.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Fezz posted:

Not unless Dan is resurrected. He's super dead.

Given we just had Asakura in a special and it's the year after Tenkuji Takeru won the award for number of resurrections in a year away from Ryo from Agito...

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I have a whole ton of sympathy for Dan's actor, all that screaming must have been hell on his throat.

Tangents posted:

I mean, at this point in Ghost we were all saying 'it's really picking up,' it's hard to judge something that's not even halfway through.

At this point in Ghost the only thing keeping the show interesting was Alain, who was already the only rider with any personality remaining, and actually changed and grew over time. It's a shame later on once he completed his character arc he was almost as static and boring as the other two. There was SOME promise in the Ganma world utopia plot but that always managed to deflate immediately after it would pick up steam. When Takeru was angry at Alain about the "utopia" was the first time Takeru showed anything resembling a personality since he got over being a wimp, but then the very next episode he was afraid of the Ganma world instead of angry at the state it was in. Alain's father getting killed led to the only fight I liked in the series when Takeru went berserk on a group of mooks and the choreography enhanced the emotions involved with heavy powerful moves, but that was also the episode they introduced the Ganmizers, the most boring villains I've ever seen.

Right now Ex-Aid has just killed off half of it's villains and the only set up for the direction the plot is going to go in manages to somehow be stuck in the mystery box despite laying out the goal it seems to be heading toward. I'm somewhat hopeful for Ex-Aid, but I'm trying not to raise my expectations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Reviews are coming out into the wild for the Power Rangers movie and....WELP.

Spoilers, of course.

I still have to see it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waffleman_ posted:

Spoilers, of course.

I still have to see it.

:hf: I'm seeing it on Sunday with some buddies, wish me luck.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Stallion Cabana posted:

I actually said earlier I hoped they wouldn't do that, but they resolved it nice and fast which was good. Entire episode had me leaning forwards in my chair, genuinely enjoyable and I still hold out hope for Bugster Dan. I look forwards to where it goes next now the second major story arc has ended.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Spoilers, of course.

I still have to see it.

it basically sounds like an mcu movie so if i'm still somehow willing to pay for those i might as well give mmpr a chance too

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Waffleman_ posted:

Spoilers, of course.

I still have to see it.

Still sounds like it's worth a matinee ticket tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

gourdcaptain posted:

Given we just had Asakura in a special and it's the year after Tenkuji Takeru won the award for number of resurrections in a year away from Ryo from Agito...

That's true, and I'm sure we'll see him again. But for the purposes of the show at this time he's gone. Maybe when they cure the bugster virus Kiriya and Dan will come back to life.

• Locked thread