Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hey, is there an opening on either of the goon guilds? My current one is basically sitting on its hands.

Ally code is 958-893-282

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Do they ever have packs worth buying? All of the ones in the store look like garbage.

I can pay like $10 for a chance at some Nihilus shards, $20 for a chance at some ship blueprints or $50 for some crappy 1-2 star starting ships.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

Do they ever have packs worth buying? All of the ones in the store look like garbage.

I can pay like $10 for a chance at some Nihilus shards, $20 for a chance at some ship blueprints or $50 for some crappy 1-2 star starting ships.

Generally, no, if you must spend money, spend it on crystals so you can reliably refresh and buy gear.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

This basically applies to everything:

Malgrin posted:

Q: Should I ever spend crystals on Chromium packs, other than to buy one single pack for the guaranteed character?
A: :siren::siren::siren:DO NOT BUY CHROMIUM PACKS:siren::siren::siren:

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
3 out of 18 attempts in Cantina battles landed me Lando shards. 17%

2 out of 16 attempts landed me shards from LS/DS battles. 13%

Looks like I won't be doing energy refreshes today.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Is there something wrong with raid tickets or has their accumulation changed? I've spent 2 crystal refreshes each on cantina/regular energy plus the mid day refresh today and I'm showing 0 tickets earned, while plenty of folks have 600.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

36 GW Runs:

GW Reset = 12AM
Guild Reset = 7:30 PM
Shard Reset = 12AM

Do Monday's GW retreating on node 1. (12)
Guild resets at 7:30 PM so do Monday's GW after 7:30PM
When done reset and do Tuesday's but before midnight. (12)
After midnight do the next GW. (12)

Is that right? The shard reset and GW reset being the same time confuses me.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

nfthree posted:

36 GW Runs:

GW Reset = 12AM
Shard Reset = 12AM

That's correct. Do two in the first 'half' of the guild reset window, then the other one first thing the next day.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

fishtobaskets posted:

Is there something wrong with raid tickets or has their accumulation changed? I've spent 2 crystal refreshes each on cantina/regular energy plus the mid day refresh today and I'm showing 0 tickets earned, while plenty of folks have 600.

Are you looking under guild management? Because the daily ticket thing there has been bugged forever. Look under guild activities to see how your daily ticket accumulation is going.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Davethulhu posted:

Are you looking under guild management? Because the daily ticket thing there has been bugged forever. Look under guild activities to see how your daily ticket accumulation is going.

Yeah that was it. Thanks.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

nfthree posted:

36 GW Runs:

GW Reset = 12AM
Shard Reset = 12AM

You don't have to do Tuesday's before midnight, but absolutely make sure you reset from Monday's before midnight. If you don't do Tuesday's, it simply saves Wednesday's in the reset, just like you were holding Tuesday's. This takes some of the pressure off of Tuesday night.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Doing 36 guild war runs isn't necessary for most guilds. Our guild switched to just doing 24 so that our Tuesday/Wednesdays were less busy, and we still very easily hit the top rewards tier on guild activities for the day, even without 100% guild participation on the 24 runs.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

MichiganCubbie posted:

You don't have to do Tuesday's before midnight, but absolutely make sure you reset from Monday's before midnight. If you don't do Tuesday's, it simply saves Wednesday's in the reset, just like you were holding Tuesday's. This takes some of the pressure off of Tuesday night.

Aha! That makes more sense.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I always call it guild wars by accident too.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
While I'm sure most of you are focusing on one AAT squad or another, it's also pretty good to keep an eye out for what's coming next, and we sort of already know. With this big release of Phoenix Rebels, I think it's fair to expect a similar dark side release either next month (ffs they'd better stop release heroes this fast) or in a couple months. For those not familiar with Rebels, I think that one month we'll see something like Thrawn, Agent Kallus, and maybe some troopers or something that we haven't seen yet. There are a few other named baddies that show up regularly too from the empire. Then, another month (unless they're dumb and release 5+ heroes in a month again...), we'll see the inquisitors, who are dark side force sensitive lightsaber wielders working for Vader.

I have no clue what they'll do for the summer, but moving past that, we're going to see a lot of hype for episode 8, so that means new FO and Resistance heroes (and also maybe Old Luke), probably starting around September/October. This probably means it's worth taking some FO/Resistance guys to G10 or G11 if you're not focusing on anything else, and these squads are half decent in AAT (although if you want an AAT kill squad, Clones are your team). In order of relevance, for FO, we have Phasma/Kylo, then probably FOTP, FOO, and FOST. Foo is actually making waves in Rancor, and could be used for AAT P1 as well because he has a 100% chance to remove 50% TM, with an effective CD of 2 turns (it reduces all FO cds by 1). I'm working on farming him to 7* now just because. Phasma has a whole bunch of uses, and Kylo with his zeta is making waves in arena. If we get new heroes, you're most likely to replace FOO and FOST though, so don't need to work on farming them quite as much. For Resistance, I think we can expect Rey will start to shine again. I don't think Poe will ever really be better than he is now -- unless we get a new level cap and his gear is really good or something. He needs a lot more tankiness to shine, and his kit needs to do 1-2 more things to really be great. Finn is actually pretty solid, and the clear choice for leader if you can zeta him. RP is still kinda sub par, but if you're running RP and RT, they have some pretty synergy (expose fuels RT's turn meter). So I'd probably go Rey > Finn > RT > Poe > RP.

I'm guessing that to keep us engaged over the summer, we'll see a few things:
1) Level cap
2) New raid (including ship and land battles depending on the phase)
3) New ship mechanic -- hardware abilities

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
QGJ has an opening. If you're still guildless and you have at least one 7* (or are at least reasonably close, so you can get Rancor rewards), post your ally code here and I'll get you added. I'm Pet Sheev in game so when you see my ally request accept it or I'll make you write new Kylo Ren fanfic.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Early reviews on Kanan are very good, someone is running 6* GK (L), 3* Kanan, Zarriss, Fives, DN. DN got 3 annihilates in.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Early reviews on Kanan are very good, someone is running 6* GK (L), 3* Kanan, Zarriss, Fives, DN. DN got 3 annihilates in.

Should I use him on my alt account? I can only 2* him, tho.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 16, 2017

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I'm wondering if it's worth ~throwing money away~ at the game to get him a Star higher. He's a Jedi and a Rebel, which has some pretty strong synergy going on.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
This might seem like a silly question, but say I have two nodes one cost 8 energy one cost 12 energy. Is there a higher chance for one to give a shard than the other? I could technically run the 8 energy more but does it give less return on shards? Not worried about the other items.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Wiggs, Chaze and Boba in GW. RIP

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Burning_Monk posted:

This might seem like a silly question, but say I have two nodes one cost 8 energy one cost 12 energy. Is there a higher chance for one to give a shard than the other? I could technically run the 8 energy more but does it give less return on shards? Not worried about the other items.

Chance of shards is the same regardless of energy cost. So always farm the cheaper nodes when you can.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Vulpes posted:

Chance of shards is the same regardless of energy cost. So always farm the cheaper nodes when you can.

great, thanks!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Vulpes posted:

The only exception to this is if a higher cost node has something better. In the case of Cantina, you have a slightly better chance of getting ability materials from higher cost nodes, so if that's a concern for you, it's worth considering. I've got plenty of mk3s, so I always farm the cheapest node in Cantina.

When it comes to regular energy, I look through what I get at the higher energy nodes, and there are some that really pay off. I think there's a 10 energy node that drops mk8 blastechs and mk3 detonators, so anytime I'm farming either of those I'll usually run to that node.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

What is Kanan adding that, say, Baze isn't?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Jedi...

GK (L): +30% HP, 70% Defense

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

Careful, though, cantina 8 energy is a net negative on sim tickets from cantina refreshes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Defensive dispells and protection up.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Defensive dispells and protection up.

Honestly, now that I'm looking over it, I think the bigger difference is GK (L). Without Chirrut or GK (L), I would say that Kanan and Baze are fairly equivalent. They have different kits but are fairly equal. The best leaders for Kanan and Baze are GK and Wedge, and here, I think GK wins out big. If you give Baze some CC, he gets a lot of health back from counterattack crits, but 30% max hp and 70% defense is huge.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how is that kylo ren ship thing? I've never actually fought one since my shard is so new.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Space Crabs posted:

how is that kylo ren ship thing? I've never actually fought one since my shard is so new.

I'm yet to see it in the wild. Kit looks interesting but three pilots, one of them being FOST means it's hard to really slot in a top tier fleet

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Space Crabs posted:

I've run into a few. I've lost every time, for what that's worth. I need to take my time next time I see one to see how tough it is.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
i fought one and i blew it up basically immediately.

I am at 146k ship power which seems to be top 50~ ish

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I never fought it or TIE reaper or Falcon or either of the U wings.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've seen the Bistan's U-Wing a few times. It's almost always some underleveled piece of poo poo someone is using for filler.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

I never fought it or TIE reaper or Falcon or either of the U wings.

I've actually got and used the TIE Reaper.

It's pretty poo poo now, honestly. It was cool when it was bugged, though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I've seen the Bistan's U-Wing a few times. It's almost always some underleveled piece of poo poo someone is using for filler.

Nah, geared and starred up the U-wing is *nasty*.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I really hate characters that either can't stay alive long enough or don't move fast enough to be useful for me but absolutely bend my teams over a table and have their way with them when that same character is computer controlled.

TL/DR: gently caress all Sith characters and Daka and her bullshit triple rezzing good characters for the computer and never goddamn proccing for me.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 17, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Can't get revived if you get executed :c00l:

I finally have my scoundrels good enough that I can finish tier 3 of the credit heist. Getting almost 4 mil today felt good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Crumbletron posted:

Can't get revived if you get executed :c00l:

I finally have my scoundrels good enough that I can finish tier 3 of the credit heist. Getting almost 4 mil today felt good.

I think the advice to build a scoundrel team as soon as possible for new players is a pretty great idea. I can run a good bit of GW with my team and they aren't that great individually but combining Lando/Boba/88/Chewie with a healer works well in tandem and I just flip the leader depending on the other team.