Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Died on the (C path spoilers) 1v1 with Pascal and Engels that part seemed impossible so I figured it was a scripted loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does this video game have more or less content/things to do than the original NieR? I'm approximately 30min in and it feels like a full blown RPG.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
an NPC told me to save often while in route c, I haven't looked at the spoiler thing yet but I'm guessing the mean it when they say death is a hard game over now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

an NPC told me to save often while in route c, I haven't looked at the spoiler thing yet but I'm guessing the mean it when they say death is a hard game over now

Yup, makes sense considering what happened at the beginning of it.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the lvl 4 engine blade effect is cool as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wot is it? I've only gotten a few weps to max. My fave and my go to for the last like 20 hours is the Type 40 fists

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I haven't even tried the fists yet, just been using shockwave +6 on the fastest weapon I have

the engine blade at level 4 gives you the ffxv dodge and damage numbers

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
just got ending A and it was confusingly optimistic wtf yoko

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
this game is literally the phantom pain lmao if you let the guy in charge finish it all

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ok I think machine heads and children's cores might be too dark for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ending C.....this game has been overwhelming for like 30 hours straight lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa I wasn't expecting that at all.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
school is punishing me by taking away my time to play this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok between the C/D story stuff, that awesome tower scaling boss fight swapping characters, the chapter select function, the trophy purchasing shop, and the debug menu stuff, AND the fact that there's still 2 more endings to see this game is firmly Godlike.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also hit me hard when i walked into the Library and the theme started playing

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

bump_fn posted:

just got ending A and it was confusingly optimistic wtf yoko

Don't get your hopes up...
---
I just started campaign C or D, I dunno which is which yet, and it's getting fairly out of control. This game is so good and crazy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm still pretty early in the game and I had something happen that spooked me to the core...it started with "aint no way that area down there is explorable"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLbO7PGSsAQ&t=26s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played through this entire game on Hard and by far the hardest part is the loving race side quest.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just did that one last night at level 12, I realized the trick is to just have her run long enough to get the speed blast and not dash constantly then optimize your route. I had just one 8% movement speed equipped!

Does hard difficulty offer any extra bonuses/rewards?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that race is best one using nonstop dash dodging with a lucky perfect dodge to slow down time, if you have the good chips it gives you four seconds longer than the normal run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I got the 5 major endings. The C/D/E endings are incredible...i seriously sat at the last question for like 5 minutes thinking "well I kinda do wanna get the platinum, but on the other hand, most of it is just collecting weapons I don't care about and getting endings that I can just look up on YouTube, so what am
I really even losing? But in the end I wasn't strong enough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also took approximately 100 screenshots over the course of my playthrough and I'll upload them at some point once more people have played the game

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FINE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srbj96AUUCs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also now that Im "in", so to speak, I guess I feel obligated to 100% this game, warts and all. Gonna need some hefty gamer notes for this undertaking.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Now that I'm finished with Breath of the Wild I can finally dive into this. Fought the boss from the E3 footage and now I'm totally in love with this game. Between this, Breath of the Wild, and Persona 5 soon I'm hitting a critical mass of win.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PC release today folks. I'm exctued

edit: Fear A Tomato

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 17, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I preloeaded. There's a Nier on my PC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah right, PC gamers, cheers and enjoy this astounding game

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
should i buy this game

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yes.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
oh my heavens yes.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
okay i did

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cannot believe the valve eye patch was a real bonus for pc

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
pc port is a complete mess, great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's a bummer

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I still haven't started this because I'm trying to finish Nioh and started Horizon. I'm gonna take a few days off to get into this next week.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

It will be patched eventually, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

no problem a few TwinFrozrs cant fix, ha ha. rig boys get it done

• Locked thread