Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ending D spoilers

youtube video url id > MHTgWxmUKTw

I beat her with melee so I never saw this. This is the coolest thing
(The fourth time she is hacked)

Oh so that's what it is. I tried doing nothing but hacking her on my hard run but she was dead after the third. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unlocking on Steam in 2 minutes from the time of this post

e: i totally meant 1 hour and 2 minutes

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 17, 2017

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Ending D spoilers

That's an really complex hacking sequence considering 9s is not actually particularly worse than the other characters at swording people to death. It seems like hacking in that fight is significantly harder/more time consuming than just "counter with sword, win forever". Maybe it's just meant as just an Easter egg, since I imagine most people would only melee at that point.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just started this game, early game spoilers (like, up to the desert area spoilers)
I'm super second guessing myself on attacking the pacifist robots because the game is very much telegraphing that they're probably human consciences in robot bodies ala shades in Nier 1
And that that first genitalless human-shaped robot is their first semi successful attempt at recreating their human bodies. Also noted how he never attacked me until I attacked him
And I'm wondering what the significance is of the robot heads looking like Emil's

Maybe I'm wrong because Yoko Taro just loves messing with expectations and the entire thing is simply as cut and dry as the game presents it to be

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Unlocking on Steam in 2 minutes from the time of this post

Probably another hour, actually.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah seems that way. Steam you suuuuuuck

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
On the plus side, an announcement that they're supporting Radeon cards and 4k!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bets on cutscenes still being 900p?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I was going to get this game for my OG PS4 but then DigitalFoundry's video persuaded me to wait for the PC port so I'm now waiting to see how the PC version of the game runs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Norns posted:

Bets on cutscenes still being 900p?

Nailed on. it's the same file size roughly as PS4.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ending D spoilers

The game, owns

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Calaveron posted:

Maybe I'm wrong because Yoko Taro just loves messing with expectations and the entire thing is simply as cut and dry as the game presents it to be

Haha, nope!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I had no idea you could even embed YT videos on SA so :shrug: always come up looking like this for me

I'll break the link regardless.

That icon means it's embedded, but you need to activate it in the options for it to show up for you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Right on, I had no idea it was an option at all, so I'll be sure to pay that some mind when/if it's relevant in the future.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Got the true ending. This may be the best game of 2017...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fuzz posted:

Haha, nope!

I mean after the mindfucks of Drakengard 1, 3 and Nier it wouldn't be out of place

Does the game run 4k on the PSPro?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It's a pity that they have no meaningful dlc planned even though Nier 1 and Drakengard 3 did get it. I guess that is the true meaning behind the (exploration spoiler, I guess?)the apologising machines. Although I would've just hoped they'd cover them up entirely but them's the breaks during development. Some things probably got axed a stage that made it easier for them to animate an existing model rather than give the landscape a relatively small edit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arbitrary resolution support is meant to be in on the PC version.
The dude who fixed up Dark Souls in record time has this game so I would assume that if there's any glaring issues he can fix, he probably will but that can't be a promise or anything.

Calaveron posted:

I mean after the mindfucks of Drakengard 1, 3 and Nier it wouldn't be out of place

Does the game run 4k on the PSPro?

Native 1080p with more post processing but still drops frames when things are busy.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

I'm glad I pre-loaded this so that I can sit here watching a "preparing to launch" window with a bar that isn't moving at all. :/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Prompts auto switch between M+KB and controller (when you push keyboard after using pad etc), it seems.

Haven't seen news that it has an uncapped framerate, so it seems probable it's a 60fps max lock.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 17, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Is the frame dropping issue a console thing, or does the PC version have a lot of slowdown and stuttering too?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Papercut posted:

I'm glad I pre-loaded this so that I can sit here watching a "preparing to launch" window with a bar that isn't moving at all. :/

We do this every time and everybody acts surprised every time. Always just download when the game comes out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Is the frame dropping issue a console thing, or does the PC version have a lot of slowdown and stuttering too?

Probably take a while to get any news about this because the parts that affect FPS on console are too far in for anyone to be there yet.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Papercut posted:

That happens with every pre-loaded game on Steam. What you're seeing right now is the decryption process Steam uses so that games can't be played until their official release date. You can get it to move faster by setting your throttling speed to "no limit," since it's using your disk instead of your network.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In regards to issues, some people are reporting weird black borders even in 1080p. No word on how to change.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mindblast posted:

It's a pity that they have no meaningful dlc planned even though Nier 1 and Drakengard 3 did get it. I guess that is the true meaning behind the (exploration spoiler, I guess?)the apologising machines. Although I would've just hoped they'd cover them up entirely but them's the breaks during development. Some things probably got axed a stage that made it easier for them to animate an existing model rather than give the landscape a relatively small edit.

I would love for DLC for this game simply because I want more of it, but the locked doors are fine with me as is. Maybe I find it hard to get upset about them considering that the game not only apologizes to me for it, but also commits suicide so as to provide me with money as consolation.

I am placated by this.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
PC version has a MAJOR frame drop going from medium to high settings. I dropped from stable 60 to around 25. Also, while I can selecct 1440p resolution, I'm not sure it's actually running in that, bc it still looks weird.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I would love for DLC for this game simply because I want more of it, but the locked doors are fine with me as is. Maybe I find it hard to get upset about them considering that the game not only apologizes to me for it, but also commits suicide so as to provide me with money as consolation.

I am placated by this.

drat, been avoiding spoilers but was about to finish Route B, I had just assumed these were a Route C/Bonus Boss type thing. :smith:

Elswyyr posted:

PC version has a MAJOR frame drop going from medium to high settings. I dropped from stable 60 to around 25. Also, while I can selecct 1440p resolution, I'm not sure it's actually running in that, bc it still looks weird.

Specs would help. PC, after all.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I get frame drops to the 30s/40s with high shadows and 2x/8x aa (30s with 8x, 40s with 2x) on my computer.

i5 3550, gtx 1070, 2560x1440 resolution. Setting shadows to medium, AA to off and motion blur to off and things seem to be pretty stable at 60. Everything else is maxed. I think it's just doing MSAA for AA (it doesn't say but that's what I'm going to assume when the options are 2, 4, and 8x). Don't really have time to mess around with it anymore.

edit: it defaulted to 1600x900 and yeah I could see it decide to just render at that or 1920x1080 instead of what you tell it to.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Elswyyr posted:

I'm seeing people suspecting that it's not rendering at the resolution they've set it as too so there might be something going on there.

havenwaters posted:

I get frame drops to the 30s/40s with high shadows and 2x/8x aa (30s with 8x, 40s with 2x) on my computer.

i5 3550, gtx 1070, 2560x1440 resolution. Setting shadows to medium, AA to off and motion blur to off and things seem to be pretty stable at 60. Everything else is maxed.

Seems like it's probably poorly optimised overall then.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I'm about five hours in, loving it so far. One thing-- is there fast travel? I'm cleaning up some side quests after the third/fourth areas and it's kind of annoying to just hit the sprint button and watch 2B run everywhere.

The music sounds great while I'm cruising around at least.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

I'm about five hours in, loving it so far. One thing-- is there fast travel? I'm cleaning up some side quests after the third/fourth areas and it's kind of annoying to just hit the sprint button and watch 2B run everywhere.

The music sounds great while I'm cruising around at least.

Fast travel unlocks shortly based on your rough location.

More specifically, but not explicit spoilers.
Something important happens and then you get fast travel after doing the next main objective. You probably know what the important thing is once it happens.

Specifically
Finish the alien ship.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Fast travel unlocks shortly based on your rough location.

More specifically, but not explicit spoilers.
Something important happens and then you get fast travel after doing the next main objective. You probably know what the important thing is once it happens.

Specifically
Finish the alien ship.

Cool, thanks, one other thing:

I've noticed in Giant Bomb's Quick Look of the game that he can pray over dead androids and even repair them, but every time I see a body, I can just tap Circle to get some loot off of it? Do I need a chip to get more options?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

havenwaters posted:

i5 3550, gtx 1070, 2560x1440 resolution. Setting shadows to medium, AA to off and motion blur to off and things seem to be pretty stable at 60. Everything else is maxed. I think it's just doing MSAA for AA (it doesn't say but that's what I'm going to assume when the options are 2, 4, and 8x). Don't really have time to mess around with it anymore.

edit: it defaulted to 1600x900 and yeah I could see it decide to just render at that or 1920x1080 instead of what you tell it to.

That's with a GTX1070? That's the video card I got but paired with an aging but overclocked i5-2500K. Something tells me the PC port was not well optimized or maybe we need to wait for a "Game ready driver" from Nvidia.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Soul Glo posted:

I've noticed in Giant Bomb's Quick Look of the game that he can pray over dead androids and even repair them, but every time I see a body, I can just tap Circle to get some loot off of it? Do I need a chip to get more options?

The robots you're finding are different from the ones you can pray over. You need to be connected to the network to get the Dark Soulsy androids that represent where other players died. It worked for a while for me, then stopped, and I didn't care enough to figure out why it stopped, so I can't help you figure out getting it working.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

spasticColon posted:

That's with a GTX1070? That's the video card I got but paired with an aging but overclocked i5-2500K. Something tells me the PC port was not well optimized or maybe we need to wait for a "Game ready driver" from Nvidia.

Yeah, holy poo poo. I only have a GTX960. I have an i7 4790k (not OCed) and 16 MB of RAM, so I should be good on everything but the GPU.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

spasticColon posted:

Yeah that's with a 1070. With MSAA off it seems to hold pretty well at 60 from the little I played. It looks like the game is using arbitrary resolutions and does support ultra widescreen aspect ratios (21:9) but fullscreen mode is bugged and forces everything to be 16:9. Windowed mode works fine. You need to use third party software to get borderless windowed mode to work. My G-Sync monitor was pretty stuttery at 30 fps during the demo intro cutscene so G-Sync may need to be disabled for this game. Not sure if cutscenes are pre-rendered like on the ps4 or not.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

mysterious frankie posted:

The robots you're finding are different from the ones you can pray over. You need to be connected to the network to get the Dark Soulsy androids that represent where other players died. It worked for a while for me, then stopped, and I didn't care enough to figure out why it stopped, so I can't help you figure out getting it working.

Ohhh okay, yeah, I didn't bother connecting it to the network, that explains that.

This game is very good, and is distracting me from Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

Are you connected to the network? Not sure how it is without being so as I've never played without that but you should be able to pray and continue or continue and then from there retrieve or repair. If you can't and it's not the network thing, I don't know what the issue is.

Having been reading more reactions on the PC port, the issues seem hard to pin down generally and aren't the same for all.

Some are reporting it's rendering lower than stated and outputting at their designated res.
Some are reporting a re-do of the MGRR locking your monitors refresh rate
Some are saying they're running perfectly on a 970 and decent processor and people like havenwaters here are getting worse performance than they really should be.

I've read the cutscenes are pre-rendered on PS4 still are though.
Seems like another PC port from a Japanese developer who isn't good at at them.

e: Just watched a video from some dude with his GPU stats overlay all over the screen because of course he does even though it's the worst thing and the cutscenes are definitely still pre-rendered.