Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Looking for a guild invite if possible, user id is @Genius384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Haven't played since before Dark Brotherhood was released. Gotta get back in the guild.

@IAmTheRad

DarksideBQ
May 8, 2007
New to ESO, looking for EP PvP, PVE, Crafting. @DarksideBQ

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

DoriDori240 posted:

Hello!

Wanted to give a shout out to the goons that completed vHRC last night, many for the first time. Congrats!

For the goon progression group idea, I just wanted to touch on a couple of things/clear up some items:

Y u hate stam builds, y u do dis? Y r u racist against khajiit? You can absolutely DPS as a stam based toon in vet trials, up to and including HM vMOL. So why the cold shoulder for stam DPS? Well, the reason magicka DPS is tops right now is due to the fact that A) most are ranged (exception are most mDK and magplar builds, but both of which can absolutely be built as ranged only) which affords them an extra level of saftey, B) every magicka class has access to a powerful shield - Harness Magicka - which is literally a life saver in game in certain scenarios, and C) All magicka classes have insane AOE/Cleave damage thanks to their class AOE abilities, but also due to Elemental Rage (the destro ulti).

That all being said, bring your stam DPS toon if thats your strongest! Its all good! It is what progression is about!

Whats with the turbo sperg 20K DPS rule? Well, here is the honest thing. You can scrape by with less, as long as some of your other teammates are pouring out 35K+ with raid buffs. But that is beside the point. 20K * 8 is 160k DPS. The mage at the end of vAA has 69 million HP. Manti in vSO 38 million and change. Both have a DPS check where 25K is the minimum. No one wants to struggle though the bosses cause we don't have enough damage. That said, 20K DPS is pretty easy to achieve, and WE would love to help! Rotations, gear, buffs, ect, it all makes a difference. Keep in mind that if you want to parse, you will get ele drain or pierce armor (as both of these are up 100 percent of the time in vtrials) so you are not asked to go it alone.

Bruh, you have, like, less CP than my kid sister, lul get reckt son It is true, 360ish CP and counting. I came from a dark land of 30 FPS, no add ons, and a 99 percent CTD rate between rounds 6 and 7 of vMA. I, of course, mean Xbox. Still, we slugged through all vtrials (vMOL included) because we are colossal idiots.

Progression? So the reason we were looking for 12 core players is because the central idea behind progression is that all 12 players have the same role each time (at the beginning) and that all are comfortable with each others playstyle. It becomes second nature to know that player x will always know how to react and assist players y and z if a certain scenario occurs. When there is a failure, everyone is there to review and learn from it. Ain't no judgement or anger, everyone gets better, and you move forward. Eventually you pull in other players, start running multiply raids at the same time, and it spirals out of control until you are drinking your wife's Bud Lime-A-Rita while hiding under a blanket on the couch, too shaken to press the off button on your console.

WOO END GAME!

Tons of folks offering to help farm eq the last week or so, this is good. The difference between pulling 20k dps and not is just gear and rotation. Rotation with magicka builds is generally pretty easy and lots of folks can help anyone having a tough time with that. Get ftc now and go to gamerghoul's or my pads (@slugg077) and beat on the skelly and check your parse. I watched mine steadily increase over the last week as I geared and practiced and it was cool to watch it steadily ticking up. I'm terrible at this game so if I can do it I'm pretty sure anyone can. VO, infallible aether, 2fang, Alkosh - so many sexy rear end sets in trials. :getin:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I went to go ring as a tank for vDSA for a group in DR, and uh... this happened.

Yes, that is Hiath hovering 20 feet in the air. He got stuck there after we intentionally wiped in an attempt reset the fight.

I'll take my Powered/Precise Restoration Staff now, Zenimax.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Right now, I have 1 AP and 1 DC character. I made them before One Tamriel, especially my AP Khajiit.
The only one I would remake would be the DC one, as my Khajiit is level 31 now. Everything else will be Lizard Pact.
Doesn't matter, I can play the rest of the game wherever. PvP is where I'd most like to play with other Goons.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Scyantific posted:

blah blah blah

hey log in and trade @ChrisRocket your wax, I got like 20 temper if you still doing 2:1

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Once I have a 50/Cp160 dude I'd be super happy to come along to the end game shenanigans.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
I made all my dudes writ-able and I'm not sure if I'm a genius or an idiot.

On the plus side even my level 20 alts can now do all the Equipment writs and get me Master writs and Gold mats; on the downside I now have 9 characters that need to do Equipment writs and my lowbie Alts barely have any skillpoints left over to actually level.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
could @rydis get an invite? :coolfish:

Was there an up to date replacement for Craft Store?

aioli is just mayo fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 15, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

aioli is just mayo posted:

could @rydis get an invite? :coolfish:

Was there an up to date replacement for Craft Store?

Craftstore Fixed and Improved

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

IAmTheRad posted:

Right now, I have 1 AP and 1 DC character. I made them before One Tamriel, especially my AP Khajiit.
The only one I would remake would be the DC one, as my Khajiit is level 31 now. Everything else will be Lizard Pact.
Doesn't matter, I can play the rest of the game wherever. PvP is where I'd most like to play with other Goons.

please pvp with goons, our surrogate pvp guild is okay but gets lots of pubbie drama. would much rather own these scrubs with goons and pvp in eso is kinda good.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Bustycops posted:

I made all my dudes writ-able and I'm not sure if I'm a genius or an idiot.

On the plus side even my level 20 alts can now do all the Equipment writs and get me Master writs and Gold mats; on the downside I now have 9 characters that need to do Equipment writs and my lowbie Alts barely have any skillpoints left over to actually level.

I have 5 writable characters and have the same question. I haven't used them for master writs yet since I was on the road shortly after the update. I begin to suffer when my MMO starts to become like a job.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

edit: got invited thanks

Shy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 15, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I made a lot of progress on my house this past week.

Acquiring the Redguard Counter and Redguard Counter, Corner blueprints put all this in motion. Now I finally have a proper kitchen.

View from behind the counter.

Upstairs is the storage room/treasure hoard, with my trusty guard jackal.

Cleans-the-Bones stays here rent-free but won't even do the drat dishes.

Pirharri the Useless Smuggler is not even allowed inside.

What's this ramshackle building I added over here?

Why, it's the best little outhouse in Tamriel.

Note: Real money was not spent on any of the decorations you see here—this was all either crafted, found, or purchased from various furnisher NPCs. I have, however, already exceeded the item limit for non-subscribers.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I beat TESO's RNG

Sit on that, Wrobel.

Granted, Maelstrom Staves are bugged right now so his dumb rear end still gets the last laugh

Also this dropped on my magDK's second run.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Scyantific posted:

I beat TESO's RNG

Sit on that, Wrobel.

Granted, Maelstrom Staves are bugged right now so his dumb rear end still gets the last laugh

Also this dropped on my magDK's second run.

What's wrong with the maestrom staves right now?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Breath of the Wild is eating into my ESO time, but I thought I would post some more screens from my travels:

Traversing Craglorn on the road to Wrothgar

Greets-Your-Mother brooding over the melancholy remains of Old Orsinium

Looking towards Abah's Landing

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Apparently the Crushing Wall enchant only affects one person, presumably caster. Hence, everyone needs Maelstrom staff if they want that extra damage in.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

sluggo is mad posted:

Tons of folks offering to help farm eq the last week or so, this is good. The difference between pulling 20k dps and not is just gear and rotation. Rotation with magicka builds is generally pretty easy and lots of folks can help anyone having a tough time with that. Get ftc now and go to gamerghoul's or my pads (@slugg077) and beat on the skelly and check your parse. I watched mine steadily increase over the last week as I geared and practiced and it was cool to watch it steadily ticking up. I'm terrible at this game so if I can do it I'm pretty sure anyone can. VO, infallible aether, 2fang, Alkosh - so many sexy rear end sets in trials. :getin:

I stopped by alone at sluggo's mansion this afternoon and managed to break 20k and I'm just a stamdk (that is real bad cause I mostly played magdk until switching to Stam right before magdk became a thing again naturally) and in just crafted gear (hundings/nmg + agility jewelry) and barely play in comparison to most people. If you're struggling to hit that 20k mark just ask and I'm sure helpful goons will definitely help you, 20k is easily attainable with some guidance.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I will probably need guidance. I always need guidance. Is there a goon guidance counselor? Are they going to recommend vocational ed?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

My main is a dunmer stamdk that mostly just does guild dailies and maybe a random normal once a week so no, I can offer no guidance on being a cool true good player. But if you want to read books together in my apartment in Mournhold I can help you with that.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

But for anyone looking for it Scy's guides are real amazing cause they break everything down for you or as an alternative if he hasn't covered what you're looking for alcasthq.com is good cause he's like Scy, unlike most other build places he gives out good starter gear set ups (instead of just assuming you already have max CP and maelstrom gear) on top of skill load outs.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Berke Negri posted:

I stopped by alone at sluggo's mansion this afternoon and managed to break 20k and I'm just a stamdk (that is real bad cause I mostly played magdk until switching to Stam right before magdk became a thing again naturally) and in just crafted gear (hundings/nmg + agility jewelry) and barely play in comparison to most people. If you're struggling to hit that 20k mark just ask and I'm sure helpful goons will definitely help you, 20k is easily attainable with some guidance.

This is a wise man who should play more.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Berke Negri posted:

But for anyone looking for it Scy's guides are real amazing cause they break everything down for you or as an alternative if he hasn't covered what you're looking for alcasthq.com is good cause he's like Scy, unlike most other build places he gives out good starter gear set ups (instead of just assuming you already have max CP and maelstrom gear) on top of skill load outs.

Yes, I find both Scy's and Alcasts guides really useful. I also like to reference JaxkDanielESO (I think that's his name) for similar reasons as well as wildly alternative builds that reveal underlying mechanics and such. I can understand the guides. I often have problems realizing them for some reason.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Man, I just did a questline where the questgiver ends up having her eyes eaten by a hagraven. That's pretty gruesome. :stare:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hi should I play this game again? can I buy a house yet? is it like ffxiv where there is a finite number of houses and all of the houses are already owned by bots and erotic roleplayers?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hi should I play this game again? can I buy a house yet? is it like ffxiv where there is a finite number of houses and all of the houses are already owned by bots and erotic roleplayers?

You can buy a house. All the houses are instanced so no ERPer is going to keep you homeless.

Game is pretty fun. My highest character is level 49 right now so I am not an expert but I like playing it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, is my chance for a lightning bear gone forever now? or are they actually seasonal and the boxes will return?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

And with today's incredibly smooth magblade vMA run, I've cleared Vet Maelstrom on all 4 classes. Even broke into the leaderboards on the first run. Gonna enjoy getting my charged daggers from the leaderboard mails.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Scyantific posted:

And with today's incredibly smooth magblade vMA run, I've cleared Vet Maelstrom on all 4 classes. Even broke into the leaderboards on the first run. Gonna enjoy getting my charged daggers from the leaderboard mails.

What was your set up? I stopped at the frozen lake because it was getting too painful to push through. I'm only like CP200 with purple gear though so I feel like I've been doing pretty good.

It also pushed me past my burn-out point and I haven't played in like 2 weeks. I'll probably come back but put vMA on hold until I at least get gold weapons and maybe another 100 or so CP levels for good measure

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakarne posted:

What was your set up? I stopped at the frozen lake because it was getting too painful to push through. I'm only like CP200 with purple gear though so I feel like I've been doing pretty good.

It also pushed me past my burn-out point and I haven't played in like 2 weeks. I'll probably come back but put vMA on hold until I at least get gold weapons and maybe another 100 or so CP levels for good measure

5x Scathing Mage
3x Moondancer
2x Ilambris
Maelstrom Inferno and Lightning Staff

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Goth Hellbringer, Vampire Lord of Darkness

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Scyantific posted:

5x Scathing Mage
3x Moondancer
2x Ilambris

he looks like a high school chris metzen doodle drawing

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Scyantific posted:

5x Scathing Mage
3x Moondancer
2x Ilambris

Ok so gonna post how I did, but Dori's the authority on magblade farming vMA so he can correct me as he sees fit.

-Drop a Refreshing Path on your location, stay in it (unless you're in stage 2, try to avoid the blades) unless you absolutely have to move.
-ALWAYS keep Funnel Health/Swallow Soul going. That's gonna be your main source of healing in the arena.
-Always keep Relentless Focus up. Refresh it after you fire the Spectral Bow.
-With that, always have Harness Magicka up. If you don't take damage, refresh it right after you refresh Relentless Focus.
-Make sure you have a Lightning staff on your back bar, and have Wall of Elements on that bar. The Concussion and Off-Balance procs from Blockade of Storms help a ton. Prioritize targets that are off-balance (heavy attack) to stun them.
-Use Agony/Prolonged Suffering to disorient ranged targets if you're facing more than one at a time. DO NOT attack a disoriented target, let the disorient ride out the full duration.
-Use Thunderous Rage when facing minibosses and main bosses. With Soul Harvest slotted on your front bar, you should be building ultimate crazy fast.
-Use the sigils. You're not getting a flawless run/leaderboard run the first time around, take advantage of all the tools at your disposal.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousSlickBunnyDatBoi

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
How old is that man? His complexion says 40 but his manner says 14.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We like to zerg people down, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D9HXpwZfXY

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
The beginner builds listed in the FAQ still apply or are they outdated? Downloading this game as we speak :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Most still apply, but just hit any of us up in game with questions, gear, ect.!