Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I for one am very excited to have a different set of keybindings saved into my muscle memory for every bar-game implemented in Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Meridian posted:

If the Citizen Basketball Association doesn't play exactly like NBA Jam, no sale.

Come on and slam, and welcome to the sham.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Press Ctrl+Alt+prt scr+num*+the lever that lowers your chair to execute the T-Pose slam.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

He shoots...and he clips through the floor!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If anyone thinks CIG can make a basketball accurately fall into the hoop then I just don't know what to say

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

oh these poor, poor people :(

They're much, much happier than you or I though

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm genuinely unsure CIG could make a decent airhockey game at this point.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm genuinely unsure CIG could make a decent airhockey game at this point.

The table would be made out of nipples.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tonight's games:

Port Olisar Whales @ Nyx Turbonerds
Grim Hex Faux Pirates @ Microtech Space Spergs

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you set the PVP slider to play basketball can you be griefed?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

peter gabriel posted:

If anyone thinks CIG can make a basketball accurately fall into the hoop then I just don't know what to say

Hey! If they can make Santaball work, then they can make... Oh, wait. Nevermind. :saddowns:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

big nipples big life posted:

If you set the PVP slider to play basketball can you be griefed?

There's just bound to be some rear end in a top hat in the audience who doesn't sit still

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Roberts will mocap the biggest NBA stars in the name of fidelity.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

There's just bound to be some rear end in a top hat in the audience who doesn't sit still

Reported for running on the basketball court

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Propagandist posted:

The table would be made out of nipples.

snot everywhere. thanks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

dumb. fucks.

I mean seriously, not only is the Discord server not private, but the permanent invite code is on my forum, was Tweeted awhile back etc. And since those rear end-clowns have in fact pulled stuff from that Discord to post on /r/ds/, it's amazing to me how they are so dumb that the obvious trolling eludes them.

I don't get it. :bahgawd:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

quote:

Your point being what exactly? Vehicles do move in LoD you know. Heck, there are even movies and everything. You must be thinking of Star Citizen, which doesn't have any vehicles. Period.

Oh nvm, just locked. Silly me.

Nope, not that either. Latest patch from last week enables the defense vehicles; next patch allows user (non-dev) control. It's called progress because, you know, we have like a schedule and everything.

And yeah, silly you. LoD is more of a game now, than Star Citizen will ever aspire to be.

:lol::lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The battle of 2 poo poo games which will never live up to their creator's promises. I can't wait to see who wins.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

Here's some loving irony for you, redchris18 and all of the other impenetrable morons reading this thread while being too scared to actually post here to have an actual conversation:

The Agent's latest leaks have genuinely convinced me that Star Citizen may be saved and might actually come out.

For loving 2 years we've been pretending to be a giant conspiracy while The Agent has been leaking damaging information about CIG. He finally leaks that a giant company is taking the game under its wing and providing funding and development assistance to help make the game real, and you guys are like "wait a god drat second something's not right here"

loving lol. Well done you sure did crack the case on this one. Holy poo poo.

:perfect:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ok, wtf is going on with basketball in space games now :confused:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/588210/announcements/detail/261612552464915752

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

To be fair, if there's one thing cig can do it's make things fall though other things.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Decrepus posted:

Come on and slam, and welcome to the sham.

Nice.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I know this is all pie in the sky stuff. Somebody spitballed an idea and mocked up a visual for it. However, if there were actual development resources going into this right now, then a whole bunch of people need to be dragged outside and beat with a pillowcase full of oranges. To even suggest these things are currently being worked on deserves only a, "Holy poo poo, what the gently caress are you doing?" response.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
This logging off and on to the various accounts is getting tedious!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Robert Space Industries Corporation

Sickening, I bet Mae Demming is listed as a Director on that one.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
been getting some interesting reports today.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The idea of basketball happening in star citizen's lovely physics engine is really loving funny.

You don't truly understand Star Citizen until you realize this will be a full game, with two professional teams, all motion captured at the imaginarium.

Luckily Chris Roberts has enough vision to procedurally generate gameplay and outcomes based on all of your actions toward your crew.

Did you sit down at dinner without acknowledging Ensign Yao Ming? Well $6,000,000 in beautiful 2007 era mocap will detail his struggles with respecting you as he procedurally misses his foul shots.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

It's from this glorious thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811789

I asked FAU if it was too long to be a username and said he could test it on me.

Saving this for home :lol:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Derek, are you going to try to contact that Dangerous Analysis guy?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

XK posted:

I know this is all pie in the sky stuff. Somebody spitballed an idea and mocked up a visual for it. However, if there were actual development resources going into this right now, then a whole bunch of people need to be dragged outside and beat with a pillowcase full of oranges. To even suggest these things are currently being worked on deserves only a, "Holy poo poo, what the gently caress are you doing?" response.

I don't think you understand, no one is working on it, it just naturally happened when a group of Chris Roberts programmed NPC A.I. had some spare time after they had finish sitting down at tables in the mess hall.

Plus any resources put into teaching the NPC A.I. team sports helps them when they are working together to load a Hull - E for space trades.

Also, sports are a good way to get the simulated air in the simulated blood to move around the NPC A.I. simulated body to help keep it simulated healthy which will help to keep the NPC A.I.s simulated health insurance premiums down, next time the simulated doctor (or a player character, if that's your chosen field) sends their health check report to the simulated asessor.

You make it sound like it was some spare of the moment half baked dream that some guy just came out with while waving his hands around. (IT IS NOT A JOKE) Just do it.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 17, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

been getting some interesting reports today.

Every time you think /r/dereksmart posters can't get any more stupid they decide to show you just how wrong you are :laffo:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

HycoCam posted:

This logging off and on to the various accounts is getting tedious!

welcome to my world derek

cucumbers :negative:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 17, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The idea of basketball happening in star citizen's lovely physics engine is really loving funny.

Not as funny when you realize how much of the mocap budget was wasted on it.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
how are these people so god damned dumb that it takes one AtV of "we're still very early WIP on pretty much everything you can fly to" then show more spaceships at the end for them to be "Praise CIG!!!! everything is well and fine!!! We're saved from our transgressions of doubt and uncertainty!!!!"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Space Crabs posted:

You don't truly understand Star Citizen until you realize this will be a full game, with two professional teams, all motion captured at the imaginarium.

Luckily Chris Roberts has enough vision to procedurally generate gameplay and outcomes based on all of your actions toward your crew.

Did you sit down at dinner without acknowledging Ensign Yao Ming? Well $6,000,000 in beautiful 2007 era mocap will detail his struggles with respecting you as he procedurally misses his foul shots.

But, can I still romance him afterwards?

(Just to have a successful courtship end up in an extended tickling minigame?)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hmm, I wonder how far along they are with cargo!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5zz795/will_maiden_on_spectrum_unplanned_qa_about_cargo/

http://imgur.com/3RFA2I1

"could be" "want to" "we're looking at"

:allears:

"i'm writing the smuggling design next"

:allears:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm the backer who, upon hearing that people are faking refund reports to make Star Citizen look bad, starts to fake refund reports.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

and the best part

Star Citizen: layer in the fidelity over time

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Derek, you're being too obvious, this fake account for the fake refund is only 4 days old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Daztek posted:

and the best part

Star Citizen: layer in the fidelity over time

:cawg: Today the thread brought me to tears. Logging in and out of all these bogus accounts was totally worth it.