Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I respect your opinion about the ending, though I feel differently but who is best android???

Jackass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How high % of sidequests can I get done before the point of no return in A route?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

I respect your opinion about the ending, though I feel differently but who is best android???

Machines are better than androids :roboluv:

Also true

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

queeb posted:

How high % of sidequests can I get done before the point of no return in A route?

Just under 70% if I recall. You'll be really underleveled for some though.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The biggest thing I love as a nerd who reads all the side material is though that Beepy as a machine god is definitely out there, just never seen on screen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

queeb posted:

Hard to put a number on that, but you can complete any that are available up to that time.

If you don't know the point of no return, this is a keyword for you so you know without spoiling too much.

Missile

Completing the objective that correlates to it will lock you out of most quests.

Nina posted:

Machines are better than androids :roboluv:

Also true

Very acceptable opinions

Pascal :smith:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The true point of no return in A is investigating the factory with Pascal but many of the sidequests will fail after you finish your first visit to flooded city

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

One thing I would've liked though is being able to kick the rear end of whoever bag of dicks is actually behind Project YoRHa

"Oh we made the YoRHa have machine souls because killing real AIs would be inhumane." "Oh and we programmed Devola and Popola to feel eternal crippling guilt because the guys in Nier messed up." :tif:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Tae posted:

What button do you guys have dodge on? R2 seems really uncomfortable, but putting it on circle like dark souls makes action kinda annoying.

I rejiggered my controls to put movement on the face buttons and offence on the shoulder buttons and it's worked out fine. I started with dodge on circle, dark souls style like you, but I didn't like it there - dark souls didn't have a jump button, for one thing. I ended up with the following:

R1, R2: light and heavy attacks
L1: Pod fire
L2: Pod skill
L3: Flashlight

X: Dodge
Square: Jump
Circle: Interact
Triangle: Pod skill

Which is radically different from all their pre-sets but worked best for me.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Accord is actually nowhere in the game right except as the dialogue mention?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Constantly mashing the trigger buttons to attack in a game like this would cramp my hands something fierce, but glad it works for you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

One thing I would've liked though is being able to kick the rear end of whoever bag of dicks is actually behind Project YoRHa

"Oh we made the YoRHa have machine souls because killing real AIs would be inhumane." "Oh and we programmed Devola and Popola to feel eternal crippling guilt because the guys in Nier messed up." :tif:

Depending on your interpretation of intel, the machine network, the terminal AI and such, I think it's at least possible (probably not likely though) that you did kick the rear end of the people who created or caused Project YoRHa.

I'm not sure what to really think about Commander White though. She's kind of a dick, but she's not actually kind of a dick? She has loyalty to her soldiers, like we see her hoping for 2B and 9S to come back alive, Jackass loves her to death and I forget if it's supplemental info or in game but it's said she's happy to die with the Commander gone. I also like the flavour where we hear she's far from uptight like we're lead to believe. But the way she has the YoRHa deserters killed off under pretence, and the Pearl Harbour drop team being pretty expendable to her seems pretty off too.

I want to know a lot more about the Commander, basically.

Nina posted:

Accord is actually nowhere in the game right except as the dialogue mention?
Only the dialogue option and the weapon flyer, which just says she's still doing her Drakengard 3 weapon stuff basically

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a2 is clearly the best playable character and I wish you got more time to play as her since she's literally 2b+

but other than that the answer is jackass

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

a2 is clearly the best playable character and I wish you got more time to play as her since she's literally 2b+

but other than that the answer is jackass

Agreed.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I keep getting fatal errors every 5 minutes. Yikes.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Depending on your interpretation of intel, the machine network, the terminal AI and such, I think it's at least possible (probably not likely though) that you did kick the rear end of the people who created or caused Project YoRHa.

The epilogue-ish document you get after finishing the game (the machine research document) implies that the guys behind YoRHa are still alive/around, as Jackass explicitly states that she wants to track them down and kill them despite knowing exactly what went down in the tower

Zinkraptor fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 17, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Monomythian posted:

I keep getting fatal errors every 5 minutes. Yikes.

They warned you not to remove that OS chip buddy.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I'm not sure what to really think about Commander White though. She's kind of a dick, but she's not actually kind of a dick? She has loyalty to her soldiers, like we see her hoping for 2B and 9S to come back alive, Jackass loves her to death and I forget if it's supplemental info or in game but it's said she's happy to die with the Commander gone. I also like the flavour where we hear she's far from uptight like we're lead to believe. But the way she has the YoRHa deserters killed off under pretence, and the Pearl Harbour drop team being pretty expendable to her seems pretty off too.

It makes me think she's actually truly amicable but whatever nebulous authority exists above her is the reason for all her shady actions. I'm fairly sure the deserters are being hunted because they've found out the truth about humanity. 9S is just the exception because there's already an E-unit on his case

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Only the dialogue option and the weapon flyer, which just says she's still doing her Drakengard 3 weapon stuff basically

iirc she was pretty unhappy about what was going on during the stage play. she's never happy about losing people but she wants to believe it's all worth it

to the point that one of the operators suggested she undergo a psychological evaluation which she declined. The line from 6O references that.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 17, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Prompts auto switch between M+KB and controller (when you push keyboard after using pad etc), it seems.

Haven't seen news that it has an uncapped framerate, so it seems probable it's a 60fps max lock.

i hope this section where my settings gameplay is being recorded for posterity actually does record me constantly switching from controller to kbm instead of just emulating the screen later on in whatever Nier style ending it shows up in

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

i hope this section where my settings gameplay is being recorded for posterity actually does record me constantly switching from controller to kbm instead of just emulating the screen later on in whatever Nier style ending it shows up in

It does, but not in an ending. I don't think this is a sufficiently important thing to warrant spoil tagging. I laughed at my own spazzy back and forth.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Tae posted:

What button do you guys have dodge on? R2 seems really uncomfortable, but putting it on circle like dark souls makes action kinda annoying.

i'm a dark souls whore:

on that note, is there ever any need to use the pod lights function or am I fine replacing that button with a second evade?

e: oh hold on, if I wanted to make it even more dark souls I would have just put lock on onto left stick..

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sometimes it's dark yes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm a dark souls whore:

on that note, is there ever any need to use the pod lights function or am I fine replacing that button with a second evade?

e: oh hold on, if I wanted to make it even more dark souls I would have just put lock on onto left stick..

You sometimes have to turn it on in underground areas, but it's really infrequent.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

FunkMonkey posted:

You sometimes have to turn it on in underground areas, but it's really infrequent.

lets hang out posted:

Sometimes it's dark yes

yeah I guess I'll make those changes: lock on onto left stick and lights on dpad up. Otherwise this setup makes claw gripping real fluid.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm a dark souls whore:

This is close to my setup although I have different assignments for dodge/jump/action and I think I actually will replace my triangle/Y button with switch weapon, that seems better.

I use lock-on with the right stick and it's... ok, but it has some serious issues with locking onto the thing I WANT it to lock on to, which is usually the thing in the centre of the screen. Additionally if there's a way to toggle your lock on between nearby enemies like flicking the stick in dark souls, I don't know how to do it. I spend a lot less time locked on then I thought I would.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Meiteron posted:

This is close to my setup although I have different assignments for dodge/jump/action and I think I actually will replace my triangle/Y button with switch weapon, that seems better.

I use lock-on with the right stick and it's... ok, but it has some serious issues with locking onto the thing I WANT it to lock on to, which is usually the thing in the centre of the screen. Additionally if there's a way to toggle your lock on between nearby enemies like flicking the stick in dark souls, I don't know how to do it. I spend a lot less time locked on then I thought I would.

R3. It's still finicky though.
VVVVVV that's it on the default settings, I don't know about you.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 17, 2017

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

I think I'm gonna feel real silly once I get home and can try that out

Edit: wait no, I use R3 to start the lock-on, hitting it again just turns it off.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Did you guys know that all characters have a taunt button?

Wanna know how to use it? Flick your light switch on and off.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Went to read the news post on Steam and there's some guy spamming all the endings in the comments.

Not sure if I should be mad or glad that he killed my interest in buying the game.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Get mad

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Had two crashes in 3 hours but other than that I'm not regretting this purchase at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

shame the pc version seems to have so many problems

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm a dark souls whore:

That's really similar to mine. Basically a modified and adapted Bloodborne. Although i somehow didn't realize i could re-map L3 and R3. I wonder if my fingers are too used to what I've been using now...

And yeah the light is used for light, but it's also the taunt (you taunt by flashing it in enemies faces).

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

shame the pc version seems to have so many problems

It doesn't seem that bad for a port, actually. Just standard day 1 stuff. The game is incredible so far.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Mindblast posted:

It's a pity that they have no meaningful dlc planned even though Nier 1 and Drakengard 3 did get it. I guess that is the true meaning behind the (exploration spoiler, I guess?)the apologising machines. Although I would've just hoped they'd cover them up entirely but them's the breaks during development. Some things probably got axed a stage that made it easier for them to animate an existing model rather than give the landscape a relatively small edit.

On one hand according to Yoko there's no budget for DLC. On the other hand when he was asked about the apologizing robots and the locked elevators at PAX he said Square-Enix asked him not to talk about them but that they were full of poop. Poop in Yoko speak = good content so it's still up in the air.

Bad news, the Strategy Guide got delayed by a month so we'll have to wait until the end of April for all that meaty lore. :( On the plus side it gives me the opportunity to catch up on short story translations...

Also Yoko's wife Yukiko drew this cute picture for us:

dazat fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 17, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I didn't know you left Twitter! :c

How's the game so far

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Just finished Amusement Park on my second run-through.

I feel kind of bad for Opera-bot. :(

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I want my soundtrack dag nabbit. Why isn't it the end of the month yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

RanKizama posted:

Just finished Amusement Park on my second run-through.

I feel kind of bad for Opera-bot. :(

Jean-Paul is an rear end, Simone did nothing wrong (or maybe a little, but still)