Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

Jean-Paul is an rear end, Simone did nothing wrong (or maybe a little, but still)

She kind of did the whole murdering other machines to be pretty thing wrong, but that's Sartre's fault too. gently caress Sartre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Jean-Paul did nothing wrong

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

verbal enema posted:

I didn't know you left Twitter! :c

How's the game so far

Pretty good! I'm just finishing up lunch and I'll go back to it. I feel like I'm missing a lot of things though. Is weapons shops the only way to get new weapons because I remember Drakengard had some super esoteric requirements to get more gear

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Calaveron posted:

Pretty good! I'm just finishing up lunch and I'll go back to it. I feel like I'm missing a lot of things though. Is weapons shops the only way to get new weapons because I remember Drakengard had some super esoteric requirements to get more gear

The vast majority of weapons are found or acquired in the field. Fishing, sensor discoveries, boxes, quest awards, etc.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The best robots in the game are the two pods :colbert:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

She kind of did the whole murdering other machines to be pretty thing wrong, but that's Sartre's fault too. gently caress Sartre.

The last time a lady at work started eating other women to get my attention I got blamed too fml.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

Jean-Paul did nothing wrong

*BLEEP* is a fuckface.

OneDeadman posted:

The best robots in the game are the two pods :colbert:

Hypothesis: Garbage

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

*BLEEP* is a fuckface.

Hypothesis: Garbage

yeah the bleeping his name was weird whyd they do that?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Honestly it's probably because the voice clip said "Sartre" but they had to change it to Jean-Paul for reasons, and didn't want to record the line again.

Maybe the beep is in the Japanese release too, I dunno.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Copyright issue.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I dunno, but it was really funny.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zinkraptor posted:

Honestly it's probably because the voice clip said "Sartre" but they had to change it to Jean-Paul for reasons, and didn't want to record the line again.

Maybe the beep is in the Japanese release too, I dunno.

It's still Sartre in the Japanese version and so it's unbleeped

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Soo. Did the game not have anything about what the Drakengardverse has to do with Eve or did I just miss a text log somewhere. My money is on "this will be explained in the databook/novel/DLC" though

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
PC version's working great for me so far. Resolution switching to windowed when I alt tab is a minor annoyance. Main problem I had out of the gate was that the game wasn't recognizing a PS4 gamepad, but InputMapper fixed that right up.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The game defaulted to my integrated graphics and when I switched it over to my video card it bugged out and only showed a white screen. I'm updating my graphics drivers right now to see if that fixes it.

Edit: driver update fixed things, hurray

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 17, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don't know how to get into that place I need to go in the amusement park :saddowns:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Calaveron posted:

I don't know how to get into that place I need to go in the amusement park :saddowns:

Try poking around seedy back alleys

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Calaveron posted:

There's a side alley you need to go down.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Dumb question, does this game let you invert y axis with the mouse?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ugh, I think I'm going to have to forget sidequests for a bit and do some endings. Being far too tempted by those black bars. Also I want my heavy attacks back.

There's one involving flowers I have to do first though. Maybe get Speedstar done as well.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

McDragon posted:

Ugh, I think I'm going to have to forget sidequests for a bit and do some endings. Being far too tempted by those black bars. Also I want my heavy attacks back.

There's one involving flowers I have to do first though. Maybe get Speedstar done as well.

You can get a pod program from a side quest during the second playthrough that makes Speed Star trivial.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I never got it to stick in round 3,tho

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I did all three legit on my first playthrough. The last one was ironically not so bad. Two was a nightmare because of all the platforming.

VVVVVVVV welcome to Yoko Taro's stuff.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 17, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This game is SO WEIRD but I like it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Emron posted:

Welcome to the Yoko Taro fandom.
Don't mind the stockholm syndrome, playing Drakengard does that to a person.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nina posted:

Soo. Did the game not have anything about what the Drakengardverse has to do with Eve or did I just miss a text log somewhere. My money is on "this will be explained in the databook/novel/DLC" though

Route B, near the end.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Fuzz posted:

Route B, near the end.

Wait when? Did I miss something in the machine network hacking segment

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Emron posted:

Welcome to the fold. Do you like violence? Because you'll be told you're a piece of poo poo for saying yes many, many times over.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

Welcome to the fold. Do you like violence? Because you'll be told you're a piece of poo poo for saying yes many, many times over.

I once katana'd a robot in Desert Housing just to watch him cry.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So while it installs, quick questions. Hopefully without spoilers.
Endings, how many?
Anything missable? I know in the first game there were a few quests that if you didn't finish before the time skip, they'd be unfinishable.

And for anyone who's started the PC version already; how are the controls? KB+M good or should I just get my gamepad ready?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Endings, how many?
Anything missable? I know in the first game there were a few quests that if you didn't finish before the time skip, they'd be unfinishable.

And for anyone who's started the PC version already; how are the controls? KB+M good or should I just get my gamepad ready?

24 endings, 5 actual story ones (the rest are gag endings)

you can miss one thing but it's really obvious. if you don't get a quest done, don't worry; you'll get another chance later

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Welcome to the Yoko Taro fandom.
Don't mind the stockholm syndrome, playing Drakengard does that to a person.

I. Hear. A. Sound.

The sound is my controller snapping in half.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Endings, how many?

26 endings, but all but 5 of them are gag endings, usually for loving something up. Like there's one you can get immediately after the prologue for removing your operating system chip.

You can't truly miss things but you may have to pick them up on a subsequent playthrough if you pass them by.

No idea about PC.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 17, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I thought I'd play the first few minutes to see how it went then come back to the game later if I still liked it.

Where did the last hour and a half go?

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
I played up to ending C and unlocked debug menu, chapter select, etc but now what? If I restart from that save file the game begins from what looks like route A again but with levels and gear carried over, is that the path to ending D? Or do I need to pick another character at the A2/9S choice, NieR 1-style? (still have a save file there)

tl;dr what are the reqs for endings D and E?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I just got a steam card with Popola on it. How heavily tied into the first game's story is Automata? I kind of thought not a lot since we're in the time from Grimoire Nier where Project Gestalt was pretty much on hold.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Storm One posted:

I played up to ending C and unlocked debug menu, chapter select, etc but now what? If I restart from that save file the game begins from what looks like route A again but with levels and gear carried over, is that the path to ending D? Or do I need to pick another character at the A2/9S choice, NieR 1-style? (still have a save file there)

use chapter select, in the final fight choose 9S for D. E follows

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Storm One posted:

you load your path c clear file and then use the chapter select to pick the a2/9s fight, then choose the other character

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

You can get a pod program from a side quest during the second playthrough that makes Speed Star trivial.

Thanks for the heads-up, will wait until I get that one I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Defiance Industries posted:

I just got a steam card with Popola on it. How heavily tied into the first game's story is Automata? I kind of thought not a lot since we're in the time from Grimoire Nier where Project Gestalt was pretty much on hold.

just references