Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it doesn't take leavers into account for sr changes I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FAUXTON posted:

Not just California.

Irvine, California. Like even the maternity tourists are more white bread than the average midwesterner.

As someone who lived in that city for most of my life, that is painfully correct in many regards

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Wow Blizzard, thank you for putting two silvers on my team against two diamonds, this will really help my perception of your completely hosed matchmaking.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Wow Blizzard, thank you for putting two silvers on my team against two diamonds, this will really help my perception of your completely hosed matchmaking.

Remember it shows the highest icon you earned, not your current one. Those diamonds may well have dropped far.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

drrockso20 posted:

As someone who lived in that city for most of my life, that is painfully correct in many regards

Hell I've never lived there, I just investigate potential money laundering and a lot of the referred stuff involves the lovely hamlet of Irvine.

Why of course I believe a 22-year old NRA with a recently-issued passport is also the president/CEO of yet another Tianjin-based logistics company with no trade finance records or past bills of lading but enough capital to wire $3 million out of HK to buy a house on a cash basis.

Sure buddy I believe your piano school charges $3,300 to three people every week for piano lessons.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Lucio changes are hitting PTR along with some misc changes, most notely related to draws in comp.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20635660

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So can you tee people up into the air if you're standing next to them, crouch, and then alt fire into the sky?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The new Eichenwalde route is through the music shop, right next to the original choke. It basically expands/divides the choke instead of adding a completely different route.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's going to be literally impossible to hit DSPStanky now

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Supercar Gautier posted:

The new Eichenwalde route is through the music shop, right next to the original choke. It basically expands/divides the choke instead of adding a completely different route.

I'll have to see it in action but that sounds underwhelming.

Nihilarian posted:

It's going to be literally impossible to hit DSPStanky now

that aura nerf is loving huge though, like they might have just no-joke dumpstered him

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Supercar Gautier posted:

Wait, the little shop that you go in, turn right, and end up right in the archway? If they open a path through there and into the flats ( IIRC there's another shop with stairs in there, they go up to the top of the arch aka spiteful widow/bad genji/iffy pharah/laffo junkrat perch) then it at least offers the possibility of having to divide the defense base of fire.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Wait, the little shop that you go in, turn right, and end up right in the archway?

I think you're thinking of the wrong side of the street. Here's the new path:

It spits you out at the same doorway that was always there (see third image), but now you don't have to travel right under the arch to come through it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
they should have made a tunnel from the attackers' health pack building to the balcony / lower ground around the back lefthand side of the point (or just extend the path so you could walk around the entire outer left edge of the map)

but it's better than nothing i guess

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'll have to see it in action but that sounds underwhelming.

that aura nerf is loving huge though, like they might have just no-joke dumpstered him
Speed Boost is still Speed Boost. More likely, it will turn Lucio into the dedicated "Death Ball" support, used for comps that stick close together anyway, speeding them into position. It's not necessarily a bad direction to take, although the severity of the nerf might need adjusting.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The Lucio nerf is only game breaking if you play at a lower level where teams don't stick together. Ultimately the changes are pretty much a massive buff for Lucio as a healer with a ridiculous heal rate and reliance on wallriding. Only difference now is that you need to be more mobile to be as effective, which is not only fine, it's the best way to balance him.

As a Lucio player I'm excited for this change.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If he recovers 50% faster and wallriding fucks with his speed massively it seems like it'll be really hard to kill the new Lucio.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Theta Zero posted:

As a Lucio player I'm excited for this change.

:ohyeah:

e: this is in regular play. Stoked for PTR!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I find it hard to see this as anything but a Lucio buff. 10 meters is still plenty big, the healing buff means his Amp It Up will be the equivalent of a Mercy heal, he can give himself an extra speed boost at will by wall-riding, and the visible aura will act as a guide that encourages teammates to cluster around him a but more than they would normally.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lucio changes are a net buff you guys. 50% increase on boost heal is nuts, and combined with wall ride move speed buff he'll be a beast on KOTH.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Uhhh I really hope this is a bug but environmental kills no longer seem to count as elims, I was playing a Lucio boop skirmish in arcade and all the boops were coming up as suicides. Also, I tried it in training mode, and I wasn't getting ult charge for all the bot health that was going overboard. This means if you boop full health roadhog, you're only getting 25 health worth of ult charge instead of 600

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

super fart shooter posted:

Uhhh I really hope this is a bug but environmental kills no longer seem to count as elims, I was playing a Lucio boop skirmish in arcade and all the boops were coming up as suicides. Also, I tried it in training mode, and I wasn't getting ult charge for all the bot health that was going overboard. This means if you boop full health roadhog, you're only getting 25 health worth of ult charge instead of 600

They might goof on boop causing damage, as I seen some Lucio boops in the past that only cause a suicide, usually when the enemy didn't hit the pit fast enough.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That speed is ridiculous

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

TheKingofSprings posted:

That speed is ridiculous

https://gfycat.com/AdmiredWildChameleon

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Finally jumped on PTR b/c I thought Orisa was today, not next week. She feels really good, downside is that she doesn't feel all that great in melee range because her gun is physically way off center, so it can be really awkward to punch dudes in your face, like Zarya. She's also got a pretty big model so maybe she won't be a problem to shut down and kill. Also her reload animation is really punishing, if you can catch her spamming down a choke for too long.

New Lucio is mindblowing and it'll be scary if he goes lives on Tuesday. He's insanely fast and can launch himself super high and super far and his heal is better to compensate. 10 meters is still pretty big (you can fully cover the eichenwalde capture point or a koth point) it just means you can't automatically heal a Pharah or something that's vaguely in line of sight.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I'm ok with this, now make his gun good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

I find it hard to see this as anything but a Lucio buff. 10 meters is still plenty big, the healing buff means his Amp It Up will be the equivalent of a Mercy heal, he can give himself an extra speed boost at will by wall-riding, and the visible aura will act as a guide that encourages teammates to cluster around him a but more than they would normally.

the visual indication of his aura is temporary

or at least that's how the patch notes read to me

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Could also just mean it's a stand-in graphic and they'll put in something else once they confirm it's a good change.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

yook posted:

Could also just mean it's a stand-in graphic and they'll put in something else once they confirm it's a good change.

Speaking of stand-in graphics, wonder if they will replace the drum icon for Orisa's ult when it dies. Right now it looks like a badly drawn cartoon face.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

yook posted:

it only shows up shortly after you switch auras, so it seems that's what it means

e: actually no, I'm crazy

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

an annoying thing about new Lucio is that his aura and his sound barrier don't have the same range anymore

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5q8kgb6yu8

This is my first time subbing support for a sponsored team. I think I did pretty good.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I am highly, highly amused that they brought lucio to heroes of the storm and then after a few short weeks brought the "short range auras, speed boost by wallriding" hots version of lucio back into overwatch.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://gfycat.com/HonoredThankfulGoa

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Developer Comments: Lucio has often felt like a must-pick due to his raw healing output ...

Hahaha, yeah OK guys. Crack diagnoses there.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

:perfect:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Unoriginal Name posted:

Developer Comments: Lucio has often felt like a must-pick due to his raw healing output ...

Hahaha, yeah OK guys. Crack diagnoses there.

:laffo: I mean he's a solid pick but it has gently caress-all to do with his healing

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

it's especially weird considering they actually increased his heal rate

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Lucio healed a ton by just existing. Not particularly quickly, but on live chip damage is mostly irrelevant while he's around because it's just automatically healed up. With the new changes healing is now something you actively think about and position for instead of just doing it by your mere presence.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

it's especially weird considering they actually increased his heal rate

Blizzard have never been good at communicating their thought process for changes, but this is one of the dumbest yet. The change is fine, but they did gently caress all to explain it.

All they had to say was "we want Lucio to be in the thick of things more so we made his heal range smaller but amount bigger". Boom.