Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Brother Entropy posted:

bulk and skull instantly using their invisibility to make cash is why bulk and skull are the best characters ever

Disappointed in how Skull treated the shitag kid who tried to steal their tip money. Don't just lift him up, toss that fucker.

e: I love that the chat alternates between TURBO SAVED and STILL TURBO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Brother Entropy posted:

i can't believe bulk and skull are poltergiests

And if Bulk's magician outfit floating in the air is any indication, they're running around in the nude?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The monkeys asked Haim for an extra banana.

Far far far better than that:

Around the time of Zeo, Saban planned to make a Bulk and Skull comedy spinoff show, where they would run a hotel (Jason Narvy has said that he thinks it was "their grandmothers' hotel"). A Mexican Elvis impersonator was going to be a supporting character.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For some reason I thought the graduation episode happened around the switch, not at the start of the season. So, I guess the gang is just not around anymore? They're just working the jobs they kinda had going?

Craptacular! posted:

Around the time of Zeo, Saban planned to make a Bulk and Skull comedy spinoff show, where they would run a hotel (Jason Narvy has said that he thinks it was "their grandmothers' hotel"). A Mexican Elvis impersonator was going to be a supporting character.

Not any Elvis impersonator, El Vez

This clothes plot is pretty good. Love that Blue Senturion is also incapable of resisting the power of a plaid shirt.

My favorite part has to be when they switched to Carranger footage :allears: there's just something so fun of seeing the stupid situation and then finding out how necessary it was in order for the sentai footage to make sense.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 18, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

^ yeah exactly!

i like when it's really obvious the pr writers were forced to come up with a weird a-plot because they've got footage of signalman in a gaudy jacket fighting the carrangers lying around

i really gotta watch carranger

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Oh my god the giant robot is wearing the jacket, this is magical :allears:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Also no more freaking "detonator" plots from the looks of things

Instead, they go whole hog for the more ridiculous plots for the better(?)

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Well chat just had it's first mind melting moment when a giant missile with a plaid jacket attached flew through the skies and dressed a Megazord.

"???????????????"
"LMAO"
"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This is the point in Turbo where they just give up trying to make Carranger footage less silly.

Also one more episode to go until the pizza episode.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

This movie trailer gets worse every single time I see it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

THAT AIN'T FALCO

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll miss the repeated "okay, find the bullshit prop that's also a bomb this week" aspect of the show, but doubling down on the scenarios imposed by Carranger is also a good thing. :allears: Like searching for cars in asteroids.

I could've sworn that Tommy had summoned the red car in that episode where Justin was riding a bike that was a bomb.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hey look it's tridoron

and uh, some other car

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

This movie trailer gets worse every single time I see it.

I'm still crazy hyped for it. The actors seem to be having fun (Naomi Scott has that AJJ-esque cuteness) and seem to be played a lot more natural than the TV show, and the Zords look alien but recognizable.

The wildcard for me seems to be Zordon, in my mind. If its Cranston just phoning it in, that'll suck. It'll be worth it if he plays Zordon with a bit of annoyance with these teenagers.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

I'm still crazy hyped for it. The actors seem to be having fun (Naomi Scott has that AJJ-esque cuteness) and seem to be played a lot more natural than the TV show, and the Zords look alien but recognizable.

The wildcard for me seems to be Zordon, in my mind. If its Cranston just phoning it in, that'll suck. It'll be worth it if he plays Zordon with a bit of annoyance with these teenagers.
It's entirely possible I'm just sick of hearing "We're talking to a wall" and "That's a lot of gold" for the millionth time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If the movie has DIRECTED BY BULK AND SKULL at the end of the credits then the whole trip would've been worth it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

It's entirely possible I'm just sick of hearing "We're talking to a wall" and "That's a lot of gold" for the millionth time.

That's entirely possible. That said, I love the Wall line, but I'm a sucker for that kind of "why are we not acknowledging the Weird poo poo in front of us?" line.

Hell, the newest Kong movie did it twice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Didn't Zack already invent the flying car or was that a fever dream I had.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Wasn't it Billy?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Billy built the RADBUG(tm) early in the first season.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this episode summarized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6J5rlKhIc

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure I've unintentionally reenacted this episode in GTA5.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
IT'S PIZZA TIME

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
The bad guys just ordered pizza.....

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wish to live in this wonderful place known as "the late 90s" where three pies runs you $15 all together.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I empathize with Divatox and her "what do you want me to do first?" issue. All too real with rear end in a top hat kitchen managers.

e: oh god TJ just said the Rangers are their to toss someone's salad.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 18, 2017

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
We're here to toss your salad.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Everything about this is amazing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like to imagine that Signalman was just walking down the block when he saw the Giant Japanese Microwave.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

reminder: saban had a lot of internal debate on whether to adapt this show more seriously or more silly

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousDignifiedPartridgeYee

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is actually amazing how Signalman is exactly the same in both Turbo and Carranger.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
"The evil pizzas were no match for a simple stoplight."

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I've never seen this before. It's amazing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

me, watching this whole episode: :discourse:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"TIME TO GET BAKED"
"papa johnnnnnnnnn"
"???????????"
"SHACO OP"
"WHERES THE SAUCE"
"CLIP"
"MAMA MIA"
"THATS MURDER"
"RIP IN PEPPERONI"
"WE BAKED NOW"
"EXPLOSING PIZZA"
"Eat ASHLEY Kreygasm"
"POLICE OWNED BY PIZZA GANGSTER"
"NOT THE PLASTIC KNIFE"
"STUFFED CRUST PIZZA"
"????"
"LOGIC LUL"
"WTF IS HAPPENING"
"GUNS MY ONLY WEAKNESS"
"this monster is straight outta twitch chat"
"BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every clip between now and the Ninja Turtles episode is going to be from this episode.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Every clip between now and the Ninja Turtles episode is going to be from this episode.

i think you're dramatically underestimating carranger here

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Narvy's hair this season upsets me in a way I can't articulate.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
I didn't realize the did a dancing mecha robot joke in the new movies trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I was just going to watch this in the background while I play Zelda but I can't stop watching