Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New The Promised Neverland

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/031/4112/1

Well I guess that explains where the babies come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yo that last panel tho

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

New The Promised Neverland

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/031/4112/1

Well I guess that explains where the babies come from.

More fuel for the theory that Ray is Isabella's biological son.

Edit: Well, Ray's mother has light hair in the flashback, but the implication is that that just reflects Ray not knowing her hair color.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 18, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

yo that last panel tho

That definitely had me saying 'oh poo poo.' It's somehow more scary than when she threatened Ray.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

yo that last panel tho

It's great.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

yo that last panel tho

Jesus. :stonk:

Yo guys this manga is dark a.f., and I'm freaking lovin it!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

kidcoelacanth posted:

yo that last panel tho

It's been a while since a manga has given me that Oh poo poo moment but drat if that one panel sent chills down my spine!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

DrSunshine posted:

Jesus. :stonk:

Yo guys this manga is dark a.f., and I'm freaking lovin it!

N-thing this. This thing runs in Jump? I'm seriously amazed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The only difference between shonen and seinen sometimes is the amount of gore, the amount of ecplicit tiddy and how much they say rape.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Really, I'd probably just burn the plantation down with everyone in it if I felt that trapped personally. May as well as gently caress Isabella over.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've been expecting them to just murder her for a while now

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Really, I'd probably just burn the plantation down with everyone in it if I felt that trapped personally. May as well as gently caress Isabella over.

Or at least kill yourself in some way that ruins the "product." If I was totally resigned I would hold myself hostage and ask for a bunch of stuff in return.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Jose posted:

I've been expecting them to just murder her for a while now

after she broke emma's leg i was like "okay, so thats a new dimension of strategy that just opened up for them". its what made me think of them just straight up killing her

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's not like you need a weapon. Just loving push her down the stairs or put a tripwire on the stairs or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they have multiple farms so that if one batch of livestock is tainted they can clear it out and start over. otherwise, why not stick all the farms together?

a mama dead under suspicious circumstances might warrant that sort of purge.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
my tentative plan was like 1. kill/incapacitate mama, and then 2. fake her radio broadcast check-ins to buy a few days to gather resources for an escape

the kids seem to be pretty hosed overall, though. where are they gonna go

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Law Cheetah posted:

my tentative plan was like 1. kill/incapacitate mama, and then 2. fake her radio broadcast check-ins to buy a few days to gather resources for an escape

That Minerva author may be able to help them out.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are the sword techniques people use in Kimetsu no Yaiba just regular sword techniques or do they do magical stuff? Usually it seems like the art with water/fire/whatever is just some fancy way of illustrating the technique, but sometimes the techniques seem to do superhuman stuff (for example cowardly's guy's lightning technique that seems to involve more than just moving quick).

I'm leaning towards them being regular, non-magical things, but it's sometimes difficult to tell (and the existence of some sort of magical is more or less established through the demon's blood magic stuff).

edit: This pillar guy's "lull" technique also doesn't seem to make any sense as a non-magical thing.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 19, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Law Cheetah posted:

You can't kill the mama, they have a chip in them that sends out a signal if their heart stops. Though I guess it'd be possible to cripple them enough that they can't call for help.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

That Minerva author may be able to help them out.

The author, the pen, whatever Norman saw and **** (the unreadable symbols word) are the dangling plot threads I can think of. My guess is the pen will feature heavily in whatever new state of play we're shifting into and link to at least one of the others. Maybe ****, since Krone knew about it and had the pen.

What they really want is a way to contact the author.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ytlaya posted:

Are the sword techniques people use in Kimetsu no Yaiba just regular sword techniques or do they do magical stuff? Usually it seems like the art with water/fire/whatever is just some fancy way of illustrating the technique, but sometimes the techniques seem to do superhuman stuff (for example cowardly's guy's lightning technique that seems to involve more than just moving quick).

I'm leaning towards them being regular, non-magical things, but it's sometimes difficult to tell (and the existence of some sort of magical is more or less established through the demon's blood magic stuff).

edit: This pillar guy's "lull" technique also doesn't seem to make any sense as a non-magical thing.
I figured it as typical martial artist Ki stuff.

Breathing techniques are a big deal for Ki circulation and all that typically.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Law Cheetah posted:

Given​ it's Jump?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Everyone except Emma dies, timeskip 6-7 years later as she prepares to take down the system from the inside as a mama/sister.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

Everyone except Emma dies, timeskip 6-7 years later as she prepares to take down the system from the inside as a mama/sister.
Christ, I hope not.

World Trigger was bad enough about that sort of setting blueballing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ConanThe3rd posted:

Christ, I hope not.

World Trigger was bad enough about that sort of setting blueballing.

does glasses fake defect over to the neighbor side?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Emma's going to save all the kids.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Futaba Anzu posted:

does glasses fake defect over to the neighbor side?

Nope and I have no idea what he's talking about.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

RatHat posted:

Nope and I have no idea what he's talking about.

does glasses get ANY sort of redeeming feature beyond his absolute mediocrity?

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
No, and whenever he does anything remotely neat the rest of the cast poo poo on him for being a scrub that's being carried by the tiny double midget duo. Doesn't help the manga is on indefinite hiatus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Futaba Anzu posted:

does glasses get ANY sort of redeeming feature beyond his absolute mediocrity?

He's good at strategy and he gets at least decent enough later on that he can get occasional points.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's like the living embodiment of all those shounen fighting manga speeches about hard work being more important than talent. of course, in world trigger many of the talented characters work just as hard so he is still always the underdog.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I consider him more "powerful" in the sense that he can make good use of his companions' talents through coming up with clever/effective strategies. So he's like a force multiplier for his team.

That Guy Bob posted:

No, and whenever he does anything remotely neat the rest of the cast poo poo on him for being a scrub that's being carried by the tiny double midget duo. Doesn't help the manga is on indefinite hiatus.

Yeah but the current arc before going on hiatus involved him realizing he needs to get better at combat and training towards those ends. He started using these cable trap things to allow him to be directly useful despite not being talented at 1v1 combat.

The fact that the protagonist doesn't have any outstanding talents is actually probably one of the things I like most about the series. I keep expecting them to reveal some secret talent or ability he has, but it still hasn't happened. I also like how even the super talented aces can't single-handedly take down multiple opponents unless the opponents are significantly below them in skill level (which basically forces the use of team work instead of just letting Yuma gank everyone, though helping to set up situations where Yuma can gank individual opponents has been used as a strategy before).

edit: Another kind of interesting thing is how they don't have all the strongest combat people just in the A-rank teams. That one sword guy I forget the name of (who fought with a shield) was better at one-on-one fighting than a bunch of A-rank team members, but what determines the power of a team is the performance of the team as a whole rather than it just having a bunch of badass fighters in it (though that's also usually the case).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 19, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Since we're detouring into World Trigger chat I dropped that series when it felt like instead of exploring the huge setting on their doorstep they instead spent their time bitching, arguing and fighting inside their organization hierarchy. Did I make the correct choice?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everyone effectively dropped it because the manga is on indefinite hiatus.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I dropped it around the same time, partly for similar reasons, partly since it felt like it was hard to keep track of the characters, partly because the scans/translations were pretty mediocre.

And now that it's apparently on hiatus I guess it was the right move. I remember there was a period of time where I actually actively read that Magi aladdin series...but then I eventually dropped it at some point a couple years ago? I'm not sure why or if it was a wise decision, but it just felt kinda tiring. I guess I did the same thing with One Piece around the beginning of furry island. Ever since the timeskip more or less I haven't ever truly been "all in" on that series like I used to be.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Magi didn't so much as go off the rails as go off planet.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 19, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
magi got really dang weird but it is very committed to that path.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I have been enjoying the direction Magi's plot went in. In general I find Magi's setting/lore pretty unique and interesting. It's a pretty refreshing change from "normal" shounen series.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Yeah it's been a good deal of fun for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How close is Magi to ending?