Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's a fun game with some great characters, but it's still pretty broken and filled with looooooong combos that wouldn't feel out of place in HnK. They keep making small improvements every version of the game but they never really fix the big issues with the combo system, so maybe it's just like that on purpose.

Not sure what version the Steam or PS4 versions are on exactly though.

E: Oh sounds like they're actually on the latest version now. Not actually sure how much has changed since NSC 2.02 so might have to take a look myself later.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Chaos Code is fun but pretty bad. make sure you pick top tier.

Also, there's this guy Tenryo who runs the discord server for it who's completely nuts.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah Tenryo is like some psychotic cyber stalker dude who actively searches not only his name but the name of the game and just floods anyone saying anything about either.

Crimefighter is a pretty cool dude though.

I got the PS4 ver back when it came out on HK PSN like four months ago, and I keep meaning to actually get to learning Lupinus but man I just hate her 3C so much.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

burger time posted:

Chaos Code is fun but pretty bad. make sure you pick top tier.

Also, there's this guy Tenryo who runs the discord server for it who's completely nuts.

Better than bad and pretty bad like certain other modern fighting games.

How broken is the game, like Fist of the North Star broken?

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The best punchfeel is when your speakers violently explode and shower you with shrapnel when certain moves connect in AC.

Also the feedback from blocking megalomania.

Yeah tyrant rave is ridiculously loud in that.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I played Chaos Code about a week ago at the anime/airdasher local. I had positive impressions, but like most of these doujin like games, it seems like something I'd play for two days or so then go back to my regulars.

[Quote="ACES CURE PLANES" post="470435375"]Crimefighter is a cool dude though.
[/quote]

Yeah, he's who I played against at the local. He was pushing the game.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 18, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I see Street Fighter 4 got added to Backwards Compatibility for Xbone. I assume it's just Vanilla, but has anyone seen otherwise?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Medullah posted:

I see Street Fighter 4 got added to Backwards Compatibility for Xbone. I assume it's just Vanilla, but has anyone seen otherwise?

Its vanilla

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Smoking Crow posted:

My heart says Sagat, my brain says Idolm@ster

Unironically want the latter. Let Harada be free.

e: Actually, I just remembered there's already im@s costumes from 2015 in T7, wonder if they'll be on console.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://twitter.com/g0th1cycle/status/842813199825158145

Shin Hisako released a couple days early! I went ahead and picked her up (only :5bux:) and she seems really cool so far, very offense-oriented. She can do disgustingly long-range pokes into rekkas which gives really decent damage (I actually expect it to be nerfed) for a 1 chance break combo. She also has some REALLY good + on block normals for meaties, so in addition to her tricky teleport/cross-up stuff she can do some pretty strong standard pressure too. Also has a real DP, meterless even, and of course can instinct cancel it into a juggle and/or some kind of pressure setup into the spooky hand vortex that hangs out on the ground during her instinct.

Anyway, looking to play my 0-day Shin Hisako vs. some peeps tonight or this weekend in general if any KI people are around!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So dumb. I'm sure there's a stupid Capcom reason for it as well.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I played Chaos Code about a week ago at the anime/airdasher local. I had positive impressions, but like most of these doujin like games, it seems like something I'd play for two days or so then go back to my regulars.

Yeah, he's who I played against at the local. He was pushing the game.

Oh, you're Chicago area local? I just moved down here from up north (even though I've gone to stuff like UFGT/FF/etc on the regular, and ran a CC side thing a while back), and there's a Chicago AFGC discord out there if you want the link to it. I guess I'm gonna have to actually show up to the locals now that I'm living down here and I'm starting to get mostly settled in/drama free, even if I am kind of the north side of the state still.

(Even if it means Crimefighter gets to push my face in with books in Aquapazza again.)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I'm also a chicago guy.... I almost never go to locals tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I lived by Chicago for a while and never went to locals because I could never figure out where they were

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

I've been to Chicago for work a few times, how come you won't hang out w/ me?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

I've been to Chicago for work a few times, how come you won't hang out w/ me?

sorry my brosnan detector must be malfunctioning

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

So dumb. I'm sure there's a stupid Capcom reason for it as well.

If they release ultra no one will be buy their rerelease of 5.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
What is the Chaos Code tier list?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

sorry my brosnan detector must be malfunctioning

oh there's a fix for that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

oh there's a fix for that

I mean, you sure can notice dicks better when they're standing up, but I don't think that's THAT effective.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh, you're Chicago area local? I just moved down here from up north (even though I've gone to stuff like UFGT/FF/etc on the regular, and ran a CC side thing a while back), and there's a Chicago AFGC discord out there if you want the link to it. I guess I'm gonna have to actually show up to the locals now that I'm living down here and I'm starting to get mostly settled in/drama free, even if I am kind of the north side of the state still.

(Even if it means Crimefighter gets to push my face in with books in Aquapazza again.)

I'm not in Chicago area. I'm in one of the most northern parts of the state (I'm right by Gurnee Mills). But I do drive down to the Chicago area since it's only like less than an hour away from me.

Jmcrofts posted:

So there's Me, Aces Cure Planes, Jmcrofts, and Nuclear Potato. We should start our own local.

Join my discord.

In Training posted:

I lived by Chicago for a while and never went to locals because I could never figure out where they were

Facebook and whatever the community forum is for your game.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

https://www.twitch.tv/gamenewton Last blade 2 + garou stream

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm not in Chicago area. I'm in one of the most northern parts of the state (I'm right by Gurnee Mills). But I do drive down to the Chicago area since it's only like less than an hour away from me.

woah wait holy poo poo I lived in gurnee mills too for like a week before my big roommate drama. Now I'm in Lincolnshire/Wheeling.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

woah wait holy poo poo I lived in gurnee mills too for like a week before my big roommate drama. Now I'm in Lincolnshire/Wheeling.

WTF!? I literally work like 5 miles from there!

Okay, we have to start a local.

Step 1: Choose game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

melty blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SFV :troll:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I keep hearing about the newest Tekken (subtitle). Is it out on consoles? Will it ever come? Any word on when? Thanks!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

nickmeister posted:

I keep hearing about the newest Tekken (subtitle). Is it out on consoles? Will it ever come? Any word on when? Thanks!
June 2nd worldwide on consoles and Steam.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Thanks!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am going to be incredibly bad at tekken in less 3 months :toot:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Round 1 voting for next week's Punch the Ballot is up!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

+R isn't on dolphin. That's AC+, an old version. Gonna have to go with PS3/PC for that one.

punk rebel ecks posted:

+R :kheldragar:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I'm in. Also, sup Wheeling dude; I'm right on the border of Arlington Heights, Wheeling and Prospect Heights.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a fun video about Tekken history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrd7ZByNtZM

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Brosnan posted:

Here's a fun video about Tekken history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrd7ZByNtZM

just turn it off after they establish its a shameless ripoff of virtua fighter, then weep at fates cruel irony

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

just turn it off after they establish its a shameless ripoff of virtua fighter, then weep at fates cruel irony

I like that Harada takes his mistakes and makes them into something fun. Try to create a juggling practice tool that doesn't work? We'll turn it into Tekken Ball!

Kinda like Capcom tried to create a new Street Fighter game and said "it's incomplete and crap, let's call it Season 1!"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

So there's Me, Aces Cure Planes, Jmcrofts, and Nuclear Potato. We should start our own local.

Join my discord.

Facebook and whatever the community forum is for your game.

Chicago has one of the best guilty gear scenes in the country just go play them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129208281