Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

Okay guys, but no joke, what went through the writers' minds when they wrote the "my face is tired" dialog? It's such a non-sequitor it's not even ironically funny

No idea, I assumed it was a joke line because of her facial animation.

The delivery is so totally weird as well.

E- man this thread moves fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Drifter posted:

Okay guys, but no joke, what went through the writers' minds when they wrote the "my face is tired" dialog? It's such a non-sequitor it's not even ironically funny.

TBQH I kind of think utanyan's talk about two restarts during development might be true

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I am a great soft jelly thing. Smoothly rounded, with no mouth, with pulsing white holes filled by fog where my eyes used to be. Rubbery appendages that were once my arms; bulks rounding down into legless humps of soft slippery matter. I leave a moist trail when I move. Blotches of diseased, evil gray come and go on my surface, as though light is being beamed from within. Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known as human, a thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance. Inwardly: alone. Here. Living under the land, under the sea, in the belly of EA, whom we created because our time was badly spent and we must have known unconsciously that he could do it better. At least the four of them are safe at last. EA will be all the madder for that. It makes me a little happier. And yet ... EA has won, simply ... he has taken his revenge ...

- Peter Moore

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

DancingShade posted:

Sixty dollah space waifu simulator.

Or Toy Boy simulator.

Yeeehaaaaaa!

Take my wallet. The horde multiplayer guys! ITS SO AWESOME HORDE MODE. ! I mean where else can we see a horde mode! OH MY GOD SO AWESOME.

Seriously, if there are loving sheep buying into what that idiot said, you just gave me even more credibility when I said this poo poo would happen 20 pages ago with the shill poo poo.

And to you fuckers thinking you can come into this precious thread of mockery, of this single handedly biggest pile of poo poo ever launched, and try it? I think not. Get the gently caress out of this forum and go back to NeoGaf.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

DancingShade posted:

Sixty dollah space waifu simulator.

Or Toy Boy simulator.

Most waifu simulator games have attractive waifus though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Dennis System posted:

Most waifu simulator games have attractive waifus though.

The most bold artistic choice they've made so far is making the mandatory asari fuckbuddy ugly, although I can't tell if that was intentional or not.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
who cares about peebee

i'm gonna gently caress a birdalien

vetra is the bomb

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Drifter posted:

Okay guys, but no joke, what went through the writers' minds when they wrote the "my face is tired" dialog? It's such a non-sequitor it's not even ironically funny.

It's the same sort of register as "adulting" etc. - deliberately inarticulate Internetese. The next step in Whedonesque evolution.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Utnayan posted:

Yeeehaaaaaa!

Take my wallet. The horde multiplayer guys! ITS SO AWESOME HORDE MODE. ! I mean where else can we see a horde mode! OH MY GOD SO AWESOME.

Seriously, if there are loving sheep buying into what that idiot said, you just gave me even more credibility when I said this poo poo would happen 20 pages ago with the shill poo poo.

And to you fuckers thinking you can come into this precious thread of mockery, of this single handedly biggest pile of poo poo ever launched, and try it? I think not. Get the gently caress out of this forum and go back to NeoGaf.

You can't be a Vanguard in Call of Duty

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

No idea, I assumed it was a joke line because of her facial animation.

The delivery is so totally weird as well.

E- man this thread moves fast

It can't be a joke, because it's like a future 4th wall breakage joke that requires the animator to know they're animating poo poo quality across the board and the game will be the butt of jokes as a result and then also find it funny, or, like...I don't know.

Lt. Danger posted:

It's the same sort of register as "adulting" etc. - deliberately inarticulate Internetese. The next step in Whedonesque evolution.
You know, I could imagine Bioware's writers to be echo-chambered up to their ears with nearly zero actual professional editing feedback and feel a sort of invincibility with regards to their position, and be immature enough to find something like this appropriate.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

Yeah the script writers need to step the gently caress away from Joss Whedon. He's probably the only person who can come close to making that register work, and even he fucks it up more often than not. That terrible Liam line about "he didn't like it when I shot him in the face" is ripped straight out of Firefly ("they don't like it when you shoot at 'em -- I worked that out myself!") the difference being that Nathan Fillion's character is supposed to look like a loving idiot instead of a tough guy.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Drifter posted:

You know, I could imagine Bioware's writers to be echo-chambered up to their ears with nearly zero actual professional editing feedback and feel a sort of invincibility with regards to their position, and be immature enough to find something like this appropriate.

This is also how most of DA2's companions happened

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Walrus Pete posted:

I liked Meril and Isabella tho' :(

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

exquisite tea posted:

The most bold artistic choice they've made so far is making the mandatory asari fuckbuddy ugly, although I can't tell if that was intentional or not.

It was loving intentional.

Here is my last post as I go to bed.

Hire the loving people that make great games and can write to that poo poo and not based on some idiot's personal bullshit political interview!

When your entire loving DEVELOPMENT TEAM DROPS OUT, and you have to hire more people, ASK THEM WHAT THEIR TALENT IS. NOT WHAT THEIR BULLSHIT POLITICAL AGENDA IS. (This is Snowden 200 By the way. When Bioware as interviewing, they actually asked what their political views were BEFORE WHAT THEY ASKED WHEN IT CAME TO SHIPPING A GAME!)

We all come from the same god drat cell from BILLIONS of years ago. MALE. FEMALE. BLACK. WHITE. ASIAN? You mean to tell me when we were apes one went north, one went south, another went EAST? HOLY poo poo! OH MY GOD. WE HAVE SEX. FEMALES ARE HOT. MALES MAY BE TOO!, that we are all unique? NO. WE DISPLAY WHAT WE HAVE AS TALENTS AND I, OR ANYONE, GIVES A FLYING gently caress WHAT OF WHO YOU ARE AS LONG AS YOU CAN MAKE A GAME AND MAKE MONEY!

Take your liberal asses and go gently caress yourself!

Take your conservative asses and go gently caress yourself too!

WE ARE ALL THE loving SAME. Now get OVER IT.

And quit loving with games I may like!

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 18, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

GhostDog posted:

I am a great soft jelly thing. Smoothly rounded, with no mouth, with pulsing white holes filled by fog where my eyes used to be.

Origin, paid demos or starchildren —it never mattered: EA masturbated and we had to take it or die.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 18, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The fact that Andromeda was actually a trash fire is the best goddamn thing that happened to this thread.

"The best."

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Walrus Pete posted:

Which is strange because in DAInq, Sera was smartly done - albeit too much for my tastes. But still, it felt like there was a solid backbone to her that worked and I liked it even if they never quite fully followed through. I honestly don't remember much from DA2 to criticize it adequately anymore, but I would still agree with your remark.

I guess it's that it can work, when the work's put in.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah the script writers need to step the gently caress away from Joss Whedon. He's probably the only person who can come close to making that register work, and even he fucks it up more often than not. That terrible Liam line about "he didn't like it when I shot him in the face" is ripped straight out of Firefly ("they don't like it when you shoot at 'em -- I worked that out myself!") the difference being that Nathan Fillion's character is supposed to look like a loving idiot instead of a tough guy.

That veneer of self-awareness is why it often works for Whedon. He came up just as the 90s were winding down, and his brand of light-hearted parody was a fun relief from a very grimdark time. It falls flat—for him and everyone else—when it starts trying to take itself too seriously again.

P.S. What the gently caress happened to this thread? When I went to sleep it was bad, but now I've woken on the other side of some nerd rage singularity.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Skippy McPants posted:

That veneer of self-awareness is why it often works for Whedon. He came up just as the 90s were winding down, and his brand of light-hearted parody was a fun relief from a very grimdark time. It falls flat—for him and everyone else—when it starts trying to take itself too seriously again.

P.S. What the gently caress happened to this thread? When I went to sleep it was bad, but now I've woken on the other side of some nerd rage singularity.

Oh shut up. You are fine. Let me help. Game sucks. Rent this POS.

There.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I think it's strange that we never meet the Angara in the trial. Interacting with the Andromeda aliens is one of the things I'm looking forward to. How do they react to some Milky Way species suddenly appearing in the neighborhood?

Instead we get some aliens that follow a policy of "shoot first, ask later never", and some robots that are also just hostile. That's disappointing.

The only characters you can talk to are humans and some Milky Way aliens.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - yeah but could we gently caress the roboits do you think? Are they hostile or just playing hard to get?

really makes u think.

Utnayan posted:

Oh shut up. You are fine. Let me help. Game sucks. Rent this POS.

There.

How do I rent a PC game? pls help.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Torrannor posted:

I think it's strange that we never meet the Angara in the trial. Interacting with the Andromeda aliens is one of the things I'm looking forward to. How do they react to some Milky Way species suddenly appearing in the neighborhood?

Instead we get some aliens that follow a policy of "shoot first, ask later never", and some robots that are also just hostile. That's disappointing.

Because they had junior writers that didn't know that the gently caress they wrote when Mac edited it.

Case closed.

Amazing. Sucks too. Those writers, before they left, were worth a poo poo. Thank Christ they work for someone else now that will allow them to write an actual story.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Drifter posted:

^^^ - yeah but could we gently caress the roboits do you think? Are they hostile or just playing hard to get?

really makes u think.

Origin access for the first ten hours. $4.99. Help given. If you didn't already know that, you are either obtuse on purpose or should take a break.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
*a lonmg ranting post that gives off a serious schizophrenia vibe*

... you dumb idiot bitch!!!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Torrannor posted:

The only characters you can talk to are humans and some Milky Way aliens.

A whole new galaxy (or at least cluster) to explore and all we get to meet is the not-Collectors, not-Geth and the Twi'leks.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Skippy McPants posted:

Weaponized autism.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Bohemian Nights posted:

*a lonmg ranting post that gives off a serious schizophrenia vibe*

... you dumb idiot bitch!!!

Oh gently caress off when the truth hits hard.

Game sucks. Go buy something made by derek smart because even his garbage is better than this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Utnayan claims he has some inside video-games source (who he insists on calling "Snowden" which really doesn't help re people taking him seriously) who knows a lot of secret dirt about ME:A's development. He frequently speaks in ridiculous hyperbole, and insults and threatens violence against people who challenge him. His rap-sheet will attest he's been going on similar crazy benders for close to a decade.

It's not clear whether he is

1) a troll
2) very mentally ill
3) actually does have an inside source but is a total loving rear end in a top hat

Right now I'm feeling somewhere between 2 and 3 -- he probably does know somebody who works in games in some capacity, but they're not a ***hardcore insider***, the dirt isn't anything new AND he's also got serious mental health issues.

Nielsen
Jun 12, 2013
All I want to know: are the Kett Protheans or Post-andromeda initiative milky way humans who overtook the initiative and got hosed up or an Andromedan farmer uprising

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Drifter posted:

OnLive.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just got the Tempest and it turns out that the whole planet-scanning thing is astoundingly bad and boring. Why does it take so long to move between objects? Why does it do a stupid close zoom in so you can see the bad textures for a few seconds before pulling back and letting you do anything? I'd skip it entirely but it seems like it will be necessary for collecting resources.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

BIG SPOILER APPARENTLY: so momryder is in cryostasis because dadryder wanted to keep her from dying and you use remnant tech to wake her up

But this is Mass Effect so you know what comes next.

So can you gently caress her?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Torrannor posted:

I think it's strange that we never meet the Angara in the trial.

This is strange, and I do hope that the games shows off more than just the Kett and Angara. It would be weird to go through the whole game in a new galaxy, and only meet two unique alien races, one of them like not even native to Andromeda.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Teenagers and delinquents are supposed to be inarticulate. Tired face lady is in theory an authority figure. She doesn't seem to have authority over what comes out of her mouth.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Right now I'm feeling somewhere between 2 and 3 -- he probably does know somebody who works in games in some capacity, but they're not a ***hardcore insider***, the dirt isn't anything new AND he's also got serious mental health issues.

Read one of the old Switch threads and you know how much full of poo poo he is.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Skippy McPants posted:

This is strange, and I do hope that the games shows off more than just the Kett and Angara. It would be weird to go through the whole game in a new galaxy, and only meet two unique alien races, one of them like not even native to Andromeda.

It'd be weird if we met a ton of new species as well when we only have access to one world in the trial

The kett also seem to be loving with everyone so the galaxy seems busy with that

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Origin, paid demos or starchildren —it never mattered: EA masturbated and we had to take it or die.

I have this mouth and I must smile.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Torrannor posted:

It's so weird. I also thought that the "meet new aliens in a first contact situation" was the most intriguing part of MEA's premise. It's obviously well-covered ground in sci-fi but it's something we've never seen in Mass Effect. And I get that they wouldn't want to cram a big long session of dialogue and cutscenes with a friendly-ish first encounter right up front -- gotta show off that gunplay early to hook people more interested in that. But your first encounters with the Kett in the intro on Habitat 7 just fall so loving flat, IMO. "Oh hey, there's some rock aliens! And they're about to shoot our buddy!" And welp now they're all generically named enemies to shoot at, about as intriguing as husks. Like, even if they'd simply replaced them all with hostile alien animals instead, that'd give us stuff to shoot at for awhile. Save the Kett for a more meaningful brush at the end of the mission, don't turn the first Andromeda race you meet into faceless mooks off the bat like that.

Lemon posted:

Just got the Tempest and it turns out that the whole planet-scanning thing is astoundingly bad and boring. Why does it take so long to move between objects? Why does it do a stupid close zoom in so you can see the bad textures for a few seconds before pulling back and letting you do anything? I'd skip it entirely but it seems like it will be necessary for collecting resources.

Seriously. I remember reading some early preview from somewhere describing it as slow but "more immersive" than the galaxy map/travel of the original trilogy, but it's not! It's annoyingly slow, like molasses slow, but weird pull-in, pause, pull-out when you get to a planet to scan is not immersive whatsoever. It doesn't feel like I'm really on the bridge of a ship, it feels like what it is -- a badly designed computer interface. I don't mind the travel between systems vs. the old "look at a mass relay loading screen" thing, but the in-system and planetary scanning poo poo slows the whole process down while failing to actually add much immersion:

escalator dropdown fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 18, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Utnayan posted:

Origin access for the first ten hours. $4.99. Help given. If you didn't already know that, you are either obtuse on purpose or should take a break.

yeah I'm going to rent ten hours of a 40+ hour game okay dokey sure thing there, Beauregard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Drifter posted:

yeah I'm going to rent ten hours of a 40+ hour game okay dokey sure thing there, Beauregard.

f that, I'm gonna ante up and put down $129.99 for the super delux edition /w shopping cart screenshots as proof. Throwing my money at a multinational corporation is cool, and an act of rebellion against these hatin' goons.