Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

tusk being the game's premier support mech is hilarious though.

seriously, cheap as hell agitate, both repair and resupply, 3 ranks of support attack. it's the best. the only issue is you need to stick range up parts on him if you really want him to use his support attacks.

I still wish I could kick him out of his unit and give it to literally anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah it's weird how many subpilots have extremely support-y spirit lists. nine and kaworu have the exact same spirit list if you ever bother to deploy the 0-13, I'm pretty sure.

edit: but why would you not want tusk to be jetting around in a hot pink nightmare.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

yeah it's weird how many subpilots have extremely support-y spirit lists. nine and kaworu have the exact same spirit list if you ever bother to deploy the 0-13, I'm pretty sure.

edit: but why would you not want tusk to be jetting around in a hot pink nightmare.

Because Vivian deserves a bigger pinker robot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i too, wish i could put vivian in the infinite justice

i mean it even has boomerang swords

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

tusk being the game's premier support mech is hilarious though.

seriously, cheap as hell agitate, both repair and resupply, 3 ranks of support attack. it's the best. the only issue is you need to stick range up parts on him if you really want him to use his support attacks.

being the best support mech in this game's a pretty low bar to clear to be fair

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The only support mech I need is Boss Borot.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Blockhouse posted:

being the best support mech in this game's a pretty low bar to clear to be fair

"Best" I'm less sure about. Guard Diver is a good combatant who can get the best repair range in the game, Elsha can also supply when customized and has better support weapons (D-Blade? Really?) and an actual support Ace Bonus for what it's worth, and the Ptolemaios II still has a jillion good spirits and can make up for its inability to supply by passing out items.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also jill has 10 sp foresee and attune

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
OG character with 11/11B also has a really good support spell list. I currently have Vivian with Diva's rings and the SP regen emblem so she can Haze every turn. She can take a boss from 150 to rock bottom if I've saved up my Prospects. I imagine she just talks about how good Likitee is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Was super disappointed in my birthday/blood type (2/2 O) on souji

Trust/Zero-In/Persist/Bullseye/Snipe/Soul

I wanted a cool weird spell!

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 17, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

My birthday/bloodtype (6/30 A) got me Zero-In/Intuition/Haze/Snipe/Soul/Prospect which I'm mostly cool with but Haze is like 45 SP when other people get it for 30-35

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'd kill a dude for something neat like haze or prospect

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually i wonder if souji and chitose have different spirit lists for the same birthdays because i forget what birthday/type i had for souji (I think 4/1 AB?) and his spirit list was pretty utilitarian too, something like Persist/Zero-In/Fortune/Snipe/Spirit/Soul

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
11/11B gets Prospect as the final spell. It's Zero in, Attune, Foresee, Bless, Soul and Prospect. Pretty good costs too! Good enough that he's my go to for support spells and was first priority for any Concentrations I was given.

I'm pretty sure I read that they have the same lists, but I'm not positive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

11/11B gets Prospect as the final spell. It's Zero in, Attune, Foresee, Bless, Soul and Prospect. Pretty good costs too! Good enough that he's my go to for support spells and was first priority for any Concentrations I was given.

If you got a spirit list like that for Souji then they're probably the same, yeah. I was thinking maybe Chitose got more of the weirder spirits.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Apropos of nothing, I've released a demo for my new SRW fangame.

Though given how the series list turned out, I clearly wanted to make a Super Tokusatsu Gensou Shoujo X Zone 2018 game rather than an SRW one.

Compared to its prequel, this is a "big project" so the current 50% progress is actually pretty meaty so you'll probably get 10 or so hours of playtime out of it even if I get Yokoyama'd the very next day.

As a personal request, since the only playtester I have is me, myself and Irene, so if you would like to help me fine-tune the Battle Masteries, please make a list for each individual stage that

1) You acquired the Battle Mastery
2) Number of turns taken to achieve BM.
3) Whether or not you're doing it under No Upgrade Run condition (missions past the demo content aren't tuned for NUR)

Not great timing for release considering everybody's probably playing the actual English release game rather than a patchwork built off a Japanese engine, but C'est L Vie. Guess this will have to do if you're too poor for a VITA/PS4.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davzz posted:

Though given how the series list turned out, I clearly wanted to make a Super Tokusatsu Gensou Shoujo X Zone 2018 game rather than an SRW one.

Compared to its prequel, this is a "big project" so the current 50% progress is actually pretty meaty so you'll probably get 10 or so hours of playtime out of it even if I get Yokoyama'd the very next day.

As a personal request, since the only playtester I have is me, myself and Irene, so if you would like to help me fine-tune the Battle Masteries, please make a list for each individual stage that

3) Whether or not you're doing it under No Upgrade Run condition (missions past the demo content aren't tuned for NUR)

Not great timing for release considering everybody's probably playing the actual English release game rather than a patchwork built off a Japanese engine, but C'est L Vie. Guess this will have to do if you're too poor for a VITA/PS4.

this series list owns

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Davzz posted:

Doesn't really seem like much of a sequel since it doesn't appear to share any series with the previous one

Also definitely sounds interesting but I'll probably never play it since a huge amount of my enjoyment regarding SRW is tied to the animations(one of the reasons why I've never bothered with any of the pre Alpha console games besides 3, and none of the portable games before J and OG1)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That series list is completely insane.

I can't actually play it at the moment, because when I click the download link it brings me to a fishing site that asks me for my Microsoft ID and password (?) and then crashes Firefox.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

because when I click the download link it brings me to a fishing site that asks me for my Microsoft ID and password (?) and then crashes Firefox.
Weird, first time this happened. Try it in Chrome, I guess (that's my browser)

drrockso20 posted:

Doesn't really seem like much of a sequel since it doesn't appear to share any series with the previous one
Yeah, the connections are fairly minor. The comparison I like to use for those that get the analogy is the relationship between Kamen Rider Kuuga -> Agito - events in the first happened in some form or another, but doesn't really matter in the long run.

Some of the old series are kinda rolled into the new ones.

Tetsujin 28 -> Giant Robo
Live a Live -> Touhou Project (because it's actually Touhou A Live)
Tristia -> Cal

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
V updated today. Any idea what was changed or was it general bug fixes

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Please fix incorrect SR points and Bright's portrait.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So I just picked up this game. Its my first Super Robot Wars and I'm not sure what I should be spending money on? Are there general rules for upgrading your mechs you should follow (like have weapons at level 3 by x mission or whatever?) Also should I be investing in skills, parameters or saving TacP?

Game is pretty fun though and I love the insane story mashup its got going on.

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 17, 2017

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zore posted:

So I just picked up this game. Its my first Super Robot Wars and I'm not sure what I should be spending money on? Are there general rules for upgrading your mechs you should follow (like have weapons at level 3 by x mission or whatever?)

Get your favorites to their half upgrade bonus. Good candidates are VangRay and Black Getter. Every machine unlocks their specific upgrade bonus at 5 pips all the way down (not weapons) and the generic full upgrade bonus at 10 pips (if you get there, choose extra parts, always extra parts).

Weapons are pretty strong on most machines already, but I like 2 or 3 points in the heavy hitters early on to score SRs.

e: you can see who will force deploy in the Customize screen by the purple "EV" next to them. If you're keen on scoring all the SR's, focus money onto them for a bit.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Zore posted:

So I just picked up this game. Its my first Super Robot Wars and I'm not sure what I should be spending money on? Are there general rules for upgrading your mechs you should follow (like have weapons at level 3 by x mission or whatever?) Also should I be investing in skills, parameters or saving TacP?

nah, its beatable without any upgrades. Just upgrade the dudes you like. At 5 upgrades on each mech stat (excluding attack) you get a bonus thats generally really good. Main characters are always a safe bet.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I failed to get Bonta-kun. :( Not too concerned; I'll do it next time.

Sousuke did shoot down Gauron so there's another criteria.

Are there any concrete criteria for the other units? I kinda want a couple of them.

Zore posted:

I maxed out units I fully intend to use and got everything to 5 on units I haven't committed to yet.

MightyMatilda
Sep 2, 2015

EthanSteele posted:

I'm fairly certain they do.

If you can't read Japanese (not that I can), Souji and Chitose have different defaults, but that's the only difference between them.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MightyMatilda posted:

I'm fairly certain they do.

If you can't read Japanese (not that I can), Souji and Chitose have different defaults, but that's the only difference between them.

They have different default birthdays/blood types to begin with, is all. They're ordinary sets for those combinations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game feeds you tons of money and tacp by the time you get to midgame, don't sweat it. I'd say it's worth saving your early game TacP for the tactical customization upgrades but besides that just do whatever you feel like.

Senerio posted:

I failed to get Bonta-kun. :( Not too concerned; I'll do it next time.
you'll get him around stage 40 even if you miss the earlier secret.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there's no birthday/blood type combo that will give you Valor, Bravery, Love, or Zeal. Laaaame.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blockhouse posted:

there's no birthday/blood type combo that will give you Valor, Bravery, Love, or Zeal. Laaaame.

Nine has Zeal, so whatever.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Supremezero posted:

Nine has Zeal, so whatever.

Also the reason no one has Valor is because they all have Soul, and normally multipilots don't get Courage or Love.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maito has bravery even though he has gaine as a subpilot!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

That is because he's Yuusha.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

I thought it's Gaine who has it and he shares his pool with Black Gaine.

Touga also had Bravery in Z but a) the Gravion subpilots had kind of low SP pools unaced b) Gravion also had like two extra instances of Valor (Eiji and Runa) c) and this is all because d) Gravion owns.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Old-school Dancouga was ridiculous.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Everyone having Valor/Hotblood in the SRX owns. I can't wait until Mai shoves herself in there (and then they rebalance the spirit lists and don't give Rai Drive again).

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Zore posted:

So I just picked up this game. Its my first Super Robot Wars and I'm not sure what I should be spending money on? Are there general rules for upgrading your mechs you should follow (like have weapons at level 3 by x mission or whatever?)
My general rule of thumb tends to be putting in enough cash so that you feel like you got survivability covered and no more, then drop them into weapons if only to make things go faster.

quote:

Also should I be investing in skills, parameters or saving TacP?
My gut feeling is that you should at least grab the Grade 2 TacP Customization ASAP so that you'll get more out of it. Then do whatever you want.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Please fix incorrect SR points and Bright's portrait.

Reports are that they fixed the SR points and a couple of grammar mistakes in menus, I think the Scenario Chart? Some of the skills are still wrong though.

Zore posted:

Definitely save TacP until you unlock the Tac Custom thing so you can get the one that lets you earn extra TacP asap, otherwise do whatever! I like to do two Accuracy/Hit/Sight whatever it is on the robot as a blanket upgrade on everyone and then two in Armour/Mobility depending on the robot and then EN as its needed. Everything else has been covered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If a unit has a barrier of any kind, I prioritize armor upgrades because it has increased returns, especially on Evas.

• Locked thread