Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

enojy posted:

I'm not either, like at all, but I loved Shovel Knight. It's a special game. It keeps all the charm of early 90's games and does away with pretty much all of the lovely parts. Check out the first few levels on YouTube to get a good feel for it.

This actually sounds a lot like Blaster Master 0, which is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

organburner posted:

Zelda's weather effects are pretty neat.
Then you get hit by lightning directly and just loving die after killing a tough enemy.

Or you're just riding about and from out of nowhere a tough enemy kills your horse.
RIP in piece "A horse!"

EDIT: I thought horses couldn't actually die die but he ain't in my stables no more :(

you can resuscitate your dead horses, according to a npc

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Kurtofan posted:

you can resuscitate your dead horses, according to a npc

Oh poo poo. I've travelled pretty far since then so I think he's gone though.
Guess I need a new one.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I left my first horse in a chasm. I assume he's doing ok just hanging out there, plenty of grass and stuff for him to see.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bojack belongs to the great sky now

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I left my dumb horse at the entrance of Kakariko and it sat there for a week before i got Epona.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FireMrshlBill posted:

If people want to crap on the joycons, fine. But saying that screen is utter trash is pretty unfounded. it is bigger than any gaming handheld prior. Has a better resolution than any gaming handheld prior (don't compare it to $600 iPads that can't even run the games the Switch can). It is a nice IPS screen with a wide color range. It looks great. If you have trouble reading it, then glasses are probably in order (and this is coming from someone who gets made fun of by my wife for squinting my eyes and making the "old man" face when I read things). A 720p IPS screen with great color reproduction is perfectly fine for gaming handhelds in a $300 package for this current era. If you want a bigger screen, then why even undock it or buy it at all? It is supposed to be at least semi-portable.

I like how this guy shoe horns in a cute little sitcom style made up wife into his rebuttal

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

ihatepants posted:

Edit: Epona seems to be the only guaranteed thing you get on a first scan. Make sure if you scan Smash Link that you register Epona because if you don't register it, I don't think you can get it to spawn again without creating a new game.

You can get it again, but you need another Link amiibo, I found out the other day. I forgot to stable Epona after scanning my Smash Link, but I tried using my flatmate's one while using his amiibo for food supplies and the horse appeared. Maybe try resetting the user registration on it in the system settings if you don't have access to another one.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
What's the deal with Isaac? I heard it was supposed to be out yesterday but it's not on the eShop for me (UK)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Linx posted:

What's the deal with Isaac? I heard it was supposed to be out yesterday but it's not on the eShop for me (UK)

It's only on the US eShop.

You can purchase credit via Play-Asia for a US store account.

Isaac is a very good port. Done a bunch of runs and haven't had slowdown whatsoever.
Might be the digital version is A-OK. :shrug:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Trunko posted:

I like how this guy shoe horns in a cute little sitcom style made up wife into his rebuttal

It is sad you can't imagine a situation in which someone not only has a wife, but a partner who talks to them. Someday your life will turn around, I promise you!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

It's only on the US eShop.

You can purchase credit via Play-Asia for a US store account.

Isaac is a very good port. Done a bunch of runs and haven't had slowdown whatsoever.
Might be the digital version is A-OK. :shrug:

Yeah I am going to say the digital version is a great port. The only slowdown I ever seen is related to brimstone, and only seen that when using a version that covered the entire room in it, and that only lasted while it was on screen. Person saying it slows during the Womb and other areas beyond is lying, and Azrael doesn't have any slowdown with his Brimstone unless he gets something like cricket head, as it would cause the "entire room full of brimestone" effect.

Even then that is probably something they would get fixed, as the Vita version (which I have as well) when released had a ton of slowdown, including slowdown in the womb and beyond and brimestone anything. But ultimately they patched it out and it was a fine version until they never bother to put the dlcs on it (PS4 version did get the DLC I believe?).

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/842871386527821824

Eh, that's the closest to a confirmation we'll get for some time.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Call Me Charlie posted:

NES Platformer hard and it ramps up pretty quickly after the first two stages.
It has checkpoints though and the death penalty isn't that bad (unlimited lives, you just lose money on death that you can still recover).

Also if you abuse chalices none of the bosses are very difficult.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yeah Shovel Knight has a very variable difficulty, you can be a real man and do everything with your shovel, break the checkpoints for extra cash, and have a decent almost-nes hard time, or be a fuckman and abuse the poo poo out of the phase locket and have a casual stroll through the game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/842871386527821824

Eh, that's the closest to a confirmation we'll get for some time.

Tokyo Game Show this year's gonna be fun.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Trunko posted:

How broken are you to assume people's wife's are made up? lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Norns posted:

How broken are you to assume people's wife's are made up? lmao

check website

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

check website

My bad

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Riding a horse in Zelda to explore feels like using a Skell in Xenoblade to explore in that it completely ruins the experience of getting distracted by the little things that make the game fun.

I've used a horse once and will never use one again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I used a horse when looking for stables to get warp points. Now that I'm done with that, I'll probably never use another horse.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Riding a horse in Zelda to explore feels like using a Skell in Xenoblade to explore in that it completely ruins the experience of getting distracted by the little things that make the game fun.

I don't use fast travel at all. So I like horses auto following paths!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm an idiot and managed to gently caress up applying both of my amFilm protectors. The first one was just a huge bubble in the center and I could not for the life of me get rid of, and the second somehow a piece of dust got caught and lifting it to clean left a corner unsticky and it looked real bad and was slowly growing.

I mean they're ten bucks on Amazon Prime so it's not a huge loss but I haven't messed with screen protectors since my old iPod Touch and forgot how incredibly bad I am at applying them.

Did you let it rest overnight before loving with it? On glass protectors the air eventually works its way out

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guys sends his Switch in for repair, comes back with the ability to download saves from the Cloud

Betting this will be part of the online services pack.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Is Fast RMX good for multiplayer?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The left side of my screen has a rub spot from the 4 times I've put it in dock.

For as much as I Iike the Switch. The dock is a ugly piece of poo poo.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Rirse posted:

Person saying it slows during the Womb and other areas beyond is lying

eh. Womb slows down for me also. Greed mode too, when filling the screen full of bullets.

I'm halfway torn between "it's pretty good considering the hardware it's on" and "loving nicalis would port wolfenstein and still get slowdowns"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Norns posted:

The left side of my screen has a rub spot from the 4 times I've put it in dock.

For as much as I Iike the Switch. The dock is a ugly piece of poo poo.

That's from the rubber bit rubbing against the screen. You can probably wipe it off, I was able to.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

That's from the rubber bit rubbing against the screen. You can probably wipe it off, I was able to.

I tried with microfiber alone. I'll get some cleaner and see if it helps.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Also, get the amFilm screen protector.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Louisgod posted:

Wow, lots of bad opinions in here. Riding is one of the best parts of the game and has provided a lot of highlights for me. For example, I rode a skeleton horse once. Sadly you can't register them for supernatural reasons.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also, horse combat is done quite well in it.

Love that slow mo triple bow shot flip.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ride when you have a specific destination and then go back when you feel like exploring. Or just stop and run around/explore everything while your horse patiently waits for you.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
No, horses are bad, deal with it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Louisgod posted:

No, horses are bad, deal with it

Counterpoint. There is a horse God that you have to get horses killed to deal with more.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hunting birds by trampling them with your horse is great fun and you should all try this method. Zelda is a fun game and horses are good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chronojam posted:

Hunting birds by trampling them with your horse is great fun and you should all try this method. Zelda is a fun game and horses are good.

ya

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Bomberman patch didn't seem like it did anything at first but I actually managed to get in a bunch of non lovely online battles last night. Who the hell knows

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont usually use a horse tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008
If I buy a download code from amazon.jp, will that code work in the US eshop or will I still need to make a Japanese eshop account?

• Locked thread