Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fojar38 posted:

actually the game is probably going to sell pretty well because most people dont care about internet reviews (which aren't out yet and the professional first impressions have actually been pretty positive) or 4chan memes

Mediocre to good arent pretty positive dude, also free Utnayan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Oh god what the gently caress

Wait so most npc characters are straight only romance options? Are they nerfing gays?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mymla posted:

Doom is one of my favorite games ever, and that was wall to wall nearly identical encounters.

For real, after mass effect 3, you should not go into a mass effect game expecting a Good RPG. You should go into it expecting a Good Third Person Shooter. And from what I can tell, it is.

I dunno I think they really dialed back the shooty bits of Andromeda to play up the RPG elements. Weapons are much more influenced by stats, item quality, and so on than they were in ME2 and 3. In ME2 in particular, the design of the enemies was pretty easy to do because all the weapons had basically were static. ME3 was similar. You had weapon quality but it stopped at X and the leap from I to X was a pretty followable curve.

Now you have weapon quality, stats, classes, crafted quality of the item itself, mods, and mod item quality all to play around with. We're going to see some broken rear end weapons at the endgame.

Edit: Poor poor Utnayan. His probably-genuine mentally ill posting will be missed.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 18, 2017

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

bluegoon posted:

Are they nerfing gays?

As a lesbian you can only gently caress aliens and uggos

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

lalaland posted:

Such bullshit BLIZZARD FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Your avatar freaks me the gently caress out

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Your avatar freaks me the gently caress out

Dude I'm sorry I checked it earlier someone probably bought it or something. Probably from my psyop days.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

lalaland posted:

We didn't go to space to gently caress other humans. :colbert:
Besides, Vetra is clearly the best anyway.

E: I'm also sad that "To gently caress aliens." isn't one of the responses when npcs ask you why you came to Andromeda.

E2: VVV I have a real hard time to see my squad be anything but Vetra and Drack for everything but loyalty missions.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 18, 2017

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Vetra and Drack both seem pretty cool. Aliens make the best squadies, as per spec for a ME game.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Groetgaffel posted:

E: I'm also sad that "To gently caress aliens." isn't one of the responses when npcs ask you why you came to Andromeda.

Look, it's not called the Riker Initiative. Gotta keep that poo poo on the DL.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

bluegoon posted:

Dude I'm sorry I checked it earlier someone probably bought it or something. Probably from my psyop days.

Oh thank god it's not ironic or something. That's just mean of them. Sorry to be rude.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 18, 2017

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Oh thank god it's not ironic or something. Sorry to be rude.

No it's fine cheers for pointing out I had avatars disabled, gently caress sakes this costs money to change, right?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

bluegoon posted:

No it's fine cheers for pointing out I had avatars disabled, gently caress sakes this costs money to change, right?
Yep, Lowtax needs a yacht.

Skippy McPants posted:

Look, it's not called the Riker Initiative. Gotta keep that poo poo on the DL.
Missed opportunity if you ask me. I'd pick William T Riker's Sexual Beard Adventure over the Andromeda Initiative any day.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 18, 2017

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Vetra and Drack both seem pretty cool. Aliens make the best squadies, as per spec for a ME game.

The worst part about bioware games is that they feel the need to have the Boring Human Party Members, one of each gender, instead of just making every party member cool and good.

Come to think of it, DA3 didn't really have them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mymla posted:

The worst part about bioware games is that they feel the need to have the Boring Human Party Members, one of each gender, instead of just making every party member cool and good.

drat bioware always pandering to space racists.

Spacists.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mymla posted:

Yeah, I was impressed that DA: I broke away from that cliche. You encounter Cassandra, Varric and Solas—three of the best NPCs—right up front.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

bluegoon posted:

They do :( but if someone bought it, it's a badge of honour! I'd keep it.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Mymla posted:

Blackwall and Vivienne fits the typical mold of "Two human teammates, one warrior, one wizard". There's also Cassandra. But all three of those were actually good characters.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vivienne and Blackwall were two of my most consistent party members the first time I played through Inquisition. The tension and bitchiness were amazing.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

E: /\/\ Sera and Solas has some pretty good banter too, and Varric has good banter with everyone.

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, I was impressed that DA: I broke away from that cliche. You encounter Cassandra, Varric and Solas—three of the best NPCs—right up front.
If Inquisition had less of the MMO-esque bullshit it would've been a really good game.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Dang, I was making GBS threads all over this game but I grabbed the trial and am liking it a lot.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh man, I'd forgotten to hand in the finished murder investigation quest back on the Nexus so I went back and apparently attempted murder just plain isn't a crime in Heleus.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I really enjoyed the trial too, the MP was really great when it wasn't lagging, hopefully they can improve the lag because that can be frustrating, otherwise this is a pretty good game. Maybe those who were super hyped are going to be let down but I wasn't really planning on buying this anyway until i played the trial.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Glenn Quebec posted:

Dang, I was making GBS threads all over this game but I grabbed the trial and am liking it a lot.

Ain't nothing wrong with mocking the rough patches, and still liking the core game

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
i am going to enjoy both playing and laughing at the game, best of both worlds

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm glad you guys will be playing and posting hilarious things.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Glenn Quebec posted:

No you're not liking it! The internet has decided that the game is irredeemable poo poo and you are deceiving yourself if you have even the most fleeting moment of enjoyment or mere contentment whilst playing this "game"!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

obligatory how much did EA pay you (that's probably what he's yelling at his screen right now)

I miss the days when honest game publishers only had to buy call girls for game magazine editors to get them high review scores.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The last 24 hours have been the worst in this or any other Mass Effect thread here to date. And it's not because of me? *Tim Allen questioning grunt*

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh man, I'd forgotten to hand in the finished murder investigation quest back on the Nexus so I went back and apparently attempted murder just plain isn't a crime in Heleus.

Yea. It basically forced me to let the guy go since he didn't commit the crime they were charging him for. He did commit the crime of attempted murder though and the fact I couldn't point this out was garbage.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

bioware is a sleeper cell of radfems intent on pacifying & castratin the male youth by designing Pelessaria B’Sayle, Codename: PB

There should have been only one romanceable character for straight Scott Ryders, and she should have been a hugely muscular woman who emasculates Scott at every possible moment, and the sex scene is her just laughing at Scott's tiny package (if you play a non-straight Scott Ryder he has a regular-sized package tho)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Utnayan posted:

I even bashed Witcher 3

You have gone too far. Get the gently caress out of here, now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

PureRok posted:

Yea. It basically forced me to let the guy go since he didn't commit the crime they were charging him for. He did commit the crime of attempted murder though and the fact I couldn't point this out was garbage.

I opted to exile him and the weird part about it is the game treated that choice as though I'd just picked an emotional response from the dialogue wheel. "Sometimes we just have to go with our hearts". No, it was a very clinical decision based on the fact that the dude committed a very serious crime and I had proof.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They could have gotten Natalie Dormer to say all sorts of sexually charged dialogue and they went with this?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

bioware is a sleeper cell of radfems intent on pacifying & castratin the male youth by designing Pelessaria B’Sayle, Codename: PB

Peebee would have an infinitely more tolerable name if it were spelt PB.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

CottonWolf posted:

Peebee would have an infinitely more tolerable name if it were spelt PB.

BioWare scores a lot of own goals

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Can I name my female character "Man"?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

You can. I would advise "Flo", but name your Ryder whatever makes you happy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Richard Ryder or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah Bust Ryder works too