Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Agrajag posted:

do you guys not see just how big of a statement it is when the secretary of state literally says diplomacy has failed?

literally weeks of nothing from him and one of the few things he says is diplomacy has failed? als remember this is in context of stories about the people at state literally having nothing to do because upper management was gutted and tillerson doing jack poo poo there, shits bonkers man.

nothing matters

TRUMP

ED BALLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Now it's time to drop the election!

B-B-B-Bernie would have

I say Bernie would have

Bernie would have WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

*record scratching, Elizabeth Warren spins on head*

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

FizFashizzle posted:

I like to think Perry is horrified with what he's gotten himself in to.

He might have some dim flickering of realization of how deeply in over his head he is, but I don't think that fucko has the capacity for introspection to realize it fully.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He might have some dim flickering of realization of how deeply in over his head he is, but I don't think that fucko has the capacity for introspection to realize it fully.

We can only hope his glasses gain independent sentience and run things directly

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also people like tucker Carlson who've obviously only been in it for the money seem to be coming to grips with what they've done.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...f805_story.html

I guess some dude "previously suspected of holding radical Islamic views" just did a suicide by cop.

quote:

PARIS — A man previously suspected by authorities for having radical Islamist views was fatally shot early Saturday at Orly airport after struggling to steal a soldier’s gun and earlier assaulting a police officer at a traffic stop in a northeastern Paris suburb, French officials said.

Following the traffic stop where he slightly wounded the officer, the man proceeded to hijack a woman’s car at gunpoint in another nearby suburb, Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux said. The man continued to Orly, where he attempted to grab an assault rifle from a security officer on duty. The stolen car was recovered near the airport, French authorities said.

French President François Hollande said authorities would investigate whether the attacker “had a terrorist plot behind him,” but the Paris prosecutors’ office had already announced that its anti-terrorism section had taken over the investigation.

Watch Le Pen win lmao.

just lmao!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

oops

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

Watch Le Pen win lmao.

just lmao!

im intentionally keeping my expectations low

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So if China invades Japan we just say gently caress it diplomacy failed. They should have spent more on Nukes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fits my needs posted:

The man continued to Orly,

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

there wolf lmao posted:

any word on how the treasury is dealing with a looming default

this is rhetorical right

because "doesn't even know it exists" seems like a p obvious answer at this point

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FizFashizzle posted:

Also people like tucker Carlson who've obviously only been in it for the money seem to be coming to grips with what they've done.

Yeah he's been fully embracing 1% vs 99% rhetoric lately

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

im intentionally keeping my expectations low

don't wanna jinx the nazis

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Weeeeee white house on lockdown

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Weeeeee white house on lockdown

TRUMP

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Chokes McGee posted:

this is rhetorical right

because "doesn't even know it exists" seems like a p obvious answer at this point

im just curious what their process is for shifting monies so they can plug their ears and la la it away until poo poo hits the fan

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fits my needs posted:

Watch Le Pen win bicly

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

gently caress em lol.

Military and cop worship is the most retarded poo poo. After making GBS threads all over the VA I hope he goes after the GI Bill if the rest of us are getting student loans and pell grants hosed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fits my needs posted:

Watch Le Pen win lmao.

just lmao!

lol if you thought France was going to do anything but now that open hideous racism is acceptable by the masses again

the only thing France loves more than its wine is hating Muslims and that's coming from someone who LIKES the country

still grabbin a gun from a French guard is a real good way to get the poo poo murdered out of you and if this was a terrism then it's quite possibly the worst in the history of the word

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Elephanthead posted:

So if China invades Japan we just say gently caress it diplomacy failed. They should have spent more on Nukes.

lol i dont think china even has a blue water navy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Agrajag posted:

lol i dont think china even has a blue water navy

they have a patched up soviet aircraft carrier

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the french are more racist than americans and le pen is gonna win

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

record scratch
freeze frame

Yup, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

triple sulk posted:

the french are more racist than americans and le pen is gonna win

its been funny watching a french guy i'm fb friends with get ultra-woke when 2 years ago he had no problems calling me a kike

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/cspanhistory/status/843146998366851076
No idea who Clare Boothe Luce is but she's gotta be better than Phyllis schlafly

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

death is certain

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

there wolf lmao posted:

im just curious what their process is for shifting monies so they can plug their ears and la la it away until poo poo hits the fan

there is none you keep assuming rational actor

they did not get their money for being clever or competent beyond being snake oil salesmen and when the bankruptcy hits they'll be caught the most flat footed of all

for the rest of us, once you see the "uh guys debt ceiling's coming up" headlines move any 401k or IRA you have into 50/50 stocks/bonds or 100-age/age whichever has more bonds

This is the *one time* it's OK to time the market

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

punchymcpunch posted:

death is certain

if god wills it

there is no guarantee

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Business Gorillas posted:

its been funny watching a french guy i'm fb friends with get ultra-woke when 2 years ago he had no problems calling me a kike

they will tip a car over and set it on fire as a revolutionary barricade to block streets on a moment's notice and it owns but the rest of the time about the only culture I can think of that's more smugly xenophobic is Japan

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

this is rhetorical right

mnuchin knows it exists and has already told congress they need to do something

mnuchin isn't incompetent, he's like the only other competent guy in the cabinet besides mattis (he's still trying to steal everything that isn't nailed down, but he knows that if extraordinary measures don't get passed all the poo poo he's stealing will be worthless)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

deadgoon posted:

if god wills it

there is no guarantee

no p sure death is certain no matter what

I mean unless the transhumanists have finally figured something out but lmao at the concept of them contributing something meaningful to science just lmao

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SpaceGoku posted:

mnuchin isn't incompetent, he's like the only other competent guy in the cabinet besides mattis (he's still trying to steal everything that isn't nailed down, but he knows that if extraordinary measures don't get passed all the poo poo he's stealing will be worthless)

Huh, unicorns do exist

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/843129131156099072

quote:

Many voters credit King for a willingness to speak his mind despite criticism.“He’s honestly saying what he believes,” said Pat Luther, a retired teacher who joined her husband for coffee and a frosted doughnut on Thursday at Bunkers Dunkers Bakery in Jefferson. Her husband, Dave Luther, nodded and added: “Political correctness makes me tired.”
poor oppressed little diddums :qq:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Oh poo poo I forgot Ben Carson has a cabinent position ahahahhaha

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

What's crazy is that Ben Carson is probably the best person in Trump's cabinet because he's just incompetent instead of actively harmful

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

hope these old bitches die

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Chokes McGee posted:

there is none you keep assuming rational actor
fair enough