Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Wherein newspaper spiderman is talked into murdering ronan the accuser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

frodnonnag posted:

MJ's posture makes me think she just popped in like the "Toasty!" guy in Mortal Kombat.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lobok posted:

MJ's posture makes me think she just popped in like the "Toasty!" guy in Mortal Kombat.

She has been tripping balls the entire time.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Lobok posted:

Is Spider-Man just hypnotized? The Foreigner's power actually lasts ten seconds so it seems like more than coincidence that the clock features prominently in both panels and matches up with his power.
Yeah, as far as I'm aware that fight is where Foreigner's hypnotism was revealed, and the clock was the hint that tipped Spider-Man off to how someone was apparently teleporting too quickly for his spider-sense. Once he realized what was going on he just shut his eyes under his mask, then decked the hell out of Foreigner when he strolled up for his next free punch.
And as a bonus it also includes that dick joke.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's a pretty good tactic. Make a crack about a guy's dick size so he looks at you and then whammo! Hypnotized. You can see in the first panel Spider-Man isn't looking directly at him yet.

Also, my phone wanted to correct whammo to Shannon. "And then Shannon! Hypnotized!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

frodnonnag posted:

All caps lettering also makes it sound like they're trying to save New Mexico from a night watchman.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

All caps lettering also makes it sound like they're trying to save New Mexico from a night watchman.

The lettering in general is unappealing. I'm not a big font guy but I wanna say it's like a bad take on Papyrus.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

frodnonnag posted:

The Sentry? As in the guy who is another Superman stand-in? Beat the Hulk to a standstill? Died from an overdose of " self sacrifice to stop my evil half"? That Sentry?

Or is this Uncle Stan/Larry forgetting that there's another guy already named The Sentry and just whipped up a guy?

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 18, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's just a old Kree sentry buried on Earth that Ronan woke up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Old in real time, too. As in, Stan Lee created/co-created the Sentry robots. I think I first saw them in old Captain America comics, back when it was Tales to Astonish with Iron Man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lobok posted:

Old in real time, too. As in, Stan Lee created/co-created the Sentry robots. I think I first saw them in old Captain America comics, back when it was Tales to Astonish with Iron Man.

First appeared in fantastic four 64 in the first Kree storyline

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bobkatt013 posted:

Never read that far in FF I don't think.

Anyway, I was way off. First off, the Cap/Iron Man comic was Tales of Suspense. Secondly, what I was remembering was an old issue of Captain Marvel fighting the Sentry. Lastly, the Cap issue I'm thinking of had him fighting some other big-rear end robot, not one of the Sentry robots.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

bobkatt013 posted:

Which was also the first appearance of Ronan. Newspaper Spider-Man tried to call the FF but got a message that they're busy doing something in space.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

goatface posted:

It's just a old Kree sentry buried on Earth that Ronan woke up.

Who at the time is menacing a towns Public Works department.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Hey, FF! You there? I'm in a really tight spot out here and I could use some help! Hello?!"

*automated message*
"Hello. Spider-Man. The Fantastic Four are currently. IN SPACE. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

*cut to a shot inside the tower with Johnny and Ben watching football in their underwear*

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Did you try turning it off and back on again first?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

"Hey, FF! You there? I'm in a really tight spot out here and I could use some help! Hello?!"

*automated message*
"Hello. Spider-Man. The Fantastic Four are currently. IN SPACE. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This was almost word for word in a Spider-Man video game, I want to say Web Of Shadows, to explain why the FF and most of the Avengers weren't on hand. (It was like, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Moon Knight and She-Hulk that were around)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

a kitten posted:

That seems like so many bad ideas with the spikes around his neck.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

This was almost word for word in a Spider-Man video game, I want to say Web Of Shadows, to explain why the FF and most of the Avengers weren't on hand. (It was like, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Moon Knight and She-Hulk that were around)

Yeah, Spider-Man was trying to call all the superscientists in town to deal with all the symbiotes running around and he gets answering machines from Richards and Tony Stark and Beast. It had a super-burn on Hank Pym where after trying several guys, Spidey goes "Hank Pym?.. Nah." and doesn't even loving try to call him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62DAGR1m8cg&t=3911s

(don't worry about the long video, it'll start at the right time)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I actually kinda liked that game. Wasn't phenomenal but i enjoyed pulling combos switching in and out of venom mode

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

a kitten posted:

That robot looks somehow racist.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lobok posted:

Is Spider-Man just hypnotized? The Foreigner's power actually lasts ten seconds so it seems like more than coincidence that the clock features prominently in both panels and matches up with his power.

Spider-man is just lucky that The Foreigner doesn't have all the powers of 70's rock supergroup Foreigner.
He would have been destroyed otherwise.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

Spider-man is just lucky that The Foreigner doesn't have all the powers of 70's rock supergroup Foreigner.

He did still manage to play head games with Spidey, though.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

The Question IRL posted:

He don't need instructions to know how to rock.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Anybody know where these are from?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
The seventh circle of Hell?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I'm imagining the Hulk as a yoga instructor now.

"STEP ON MAT WITH FEET TOGETHER. NOW RAISE HEAD AND STRETCH ARMS OUT FRONT. BREATH IN AND HOLD. FEEL ENERGY FLOW FROM FINGERTIPS TO CENTER. EXHALE."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A marvel exercise book from the 70s or 80s

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Keeshhound posted:

"STEP ON MAT WITH FEET TOGETHER. NOW RAISE HEAD AND STRETCH ARMS OUT FRONT. BREATH IN AND HOLD. FEEL ENERGY FLOW FROM FINGERTIPS TO CENTER. EXHALE."

...and then he transforms into Banner.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

And that reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

smashpro1 posted:

He don't need instructions to know how to rock.

He don't need no instructions to know how to rock*.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's cold, PJOmega. Cold as ice.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

A marvel exercise book from the 70s or 80s

1976, as it happens.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

1976, as it happens.

drat Medusa, I didn't need to know about your and Black Bolt's sex life.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Does Peter's Spider-Sense warn him of mundane danger like muscle pulls?

"Oh no, Spider-sense is tingling, mustn't eat that 2nd burrito or I'll suffer great danger in the john tomorrow!"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Selachian posted:

1976, as it happens.

Yes I have no doubt the Hulk is working up quite the sweat with those twenty five pound dumbbells.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ikasuhito posted:

Yes I have no doubt the Hulk is working up quite the sweat with those twenty five pound dumbbells.

It's not the weight, it's the reps.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TwoPair posted:

drat Medusa, I didn't need to know about your and Black Bolt's sex life.

If he didn't want her to talk about it, he should have said something :colbert:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

Bird-Nose told him it would make people happy if he pretended to struggle with them.

ETA

Jerusalem posted:

If he didn't want her to talk about it, he should have said something :colbert:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confused Enormatons
Apr 12, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

That's cold, PJOmega. Cold as ice.

No, it's hot-blooded. Go ahead and check it...and see. Yeah!