Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
This guy was flight instructor and one of his students was a gynecologist and he would talk about that guy "oh man can you imagine?? Just getting paid to check out girls pussys... All day long! Man I'd give my left nut for that job"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're real page-turners.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Trunko posted:

This guy was flight instructor and one of his students was a gynecologist and he would talk about that guy "oh man can you imagine?? Just getting paid to check out girls pussys... All day long! Man I'd give my left nut for that job"

It's amazing how it never occurs to guys like that that it's not just hot girls who get gynecological exams.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
gently caress books.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Paladinus posted:

gently caress books.

Sounds unpleasant

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i definitely want to work in a field where 90% of my day is looking at obese womens diseased vaginas

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I went over to his place one time to pick up some stuff and he lived alone in a studio apartment. Single couch. TV. Air mattress on the floor. Bike leaned against the wall. Stack of fantasy novels checked out from the library next to the mattress.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's extremely gay and bad

So you looking forward to this season?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I work in a hospital, and the gynecologists do tend to have a haunted look in their eyes. A thousand yard stare, as they stumble down the hallways. Knowing that the horrors they've seen before will always be topped, as each new day brings some new fresh hell for them to peer into.

When you stare too long into the vaginal abyss, the vaginal abyss stares back. Plus it has oozing sores sometimes, too.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
What doctor job just lets you check out babes breast areas and touch them?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just have to be a boy scout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVifPkbYsk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Trunko posted:

Doctor President of the US

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Trunko posted:

forensic pathologist

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Schweinhund posted:

forensic gynecologist

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

oohhboy posted:

So, what's the Matrix?

the only live-action ghost in the shell film that won't suck

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

powerful sex moves posted:

It's amazing how it never occurs to guys like that that it's not just hot girls who get gynecological exams.

Hahaha imagine a lady urologist who just wants to check out dongs all day and a fat dude with a tiny dick, ie me comes in, and she's like PASS I came here for the free chippendales treatment let me see that sixpack abs plus handsome hogs, fellas.
That's a bad SNL skit right there on spec pay me lorne michaels. Melissa mcarthey hosts.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Blue Star posted:

Why is A Song of Ice and Fire held in such high esteem by people, anyway? I mean, its okay I guess. But people act like its so brilliant and unique, but the books are pretty much like every other modern fantasy series. The problem is that everyone compares it to Tolkien who had Good vs Evil, so ASoIaF looks more nuanced in comparison. But poo poo, who the gently caress unironically writes about Dark Lords and perfect infallible good guys anymore? I dunno, maybe those are still being written, I actually dont read that much, LOL. But if they are still being written, they dont seem to be as popular. Nowadays everyone brags about how their stories have shades of grey and more complicated conflicts where nobody is pure good or evil, and everythings all gritty and realistic and absolutely no "Dark Lords" or perfect elves. Thats what it seems like, anyway. Somebody correct me if Im wrong.

you know the first book came out in 1996, right? there was just about jack poo poo in pop culture that was gritty and grimdark in the mid-nineties. The first wave of post-grunge hard rock, Batman Returns and some comic books, and that was about it. it was an astonishingly different book than pretty much anything else out there, let alone within its own genre

you're, like, 20 aren't you

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you know the first book came out in 1996, right? there was just about jack poo poo in pop culture that was gritty and grimdark in the mid-nineties. The first wave of post-grunge hard rock, Batman Returns and some comic books, and that was about it.

you're, like, 20 aren't you

I can't believe that dude is ignorant of the tragic dearth of grimdark fantasy novels in the mid 90s.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't believe that dude is ignorant of the tragic dearth of grimdark fantasy novels in the mid 90s.

listen if i can't post some screechy screed at someone over their ignorance of nerd poo poo, then i honestly don't even know why this thread is still here

timber
Feb 27, 2017
I was sad to find out The Skateboard Kid 2 didn't feature the voice of Dom DeLuise

I want to listen to more about his armpit fold babies

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

King Vidiot posted:

So you looking forward to this season?

It's going to be gayer and badder now that all the interesting characters are dead and we're down to two pissy queens and also my bae, Sursee Lanistur.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Which happens first, GRRM finishes a drat book or RLM publishes a drat video?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
They said they've been working on a bunch of stuff because they had some ideas for videos and because of guests being in town.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kong Skull Island was gloriously bad but also entertaining and I hope it gets a Half in the Bag.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Kong Skull Island was gloriously bad but also entertaining and I hope it gets a Half in the Bag.

It's fairly well made but the script is DOGSHIT. Some of the worst dialogue ever and Hiddleston gives his most phoned-in performance.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The next BotW is with Max Landis. Can't wait.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's fairly well made but the script is DOGSHIT. Some of the worst dialogue ever and Hiddleston gives his most phoned-in performance.

The script is so bad. It could not have been written by humans. Also I can't even call it well made. Some of the decisions in this movie are baffling. Every bit with Kong is aces though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The script is so bad. It could not have been written by humans. Also I can't even call it well made. Some of the decisions in this movie are baffling. Every bit with Kong is aces though.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I didn't like it. When I said "well made", the standards for blockbusters are so low these days that stuff like competent editing and not being overlong are bonuses.

I HATED John Reilly in it. Normally I love him but he felt totally undirected. He literally played Steve Brule.

The Vietnam stuff was also totally pointless. The film had nothing clever to say about it whatsoever.
Also constantly visually referencing Apocalypse Now, one of the best films ever made, was an awful idea. It just made me want to watch that.

But yeah the monster fighting stuff was cool. The bamboo spider was so good.

Cannot believe Brie Larson and some of the rest of the cast were in it though. One reviewer called the whole cast "overqualified"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

powerful sex moves posted:

GRRM was a big contributor to the modern trend of grimdark fantasy. It's all like that now because he helped make it that way. When AGoT came out it was kind of a revelation because most fantasy before it was PG-13 (tops) and even more formulaic than now. Obviously, reading it now, it doesn't seem as "brilliant and unique." I'm in no way comparing it to Citizen Kane, but it's kind of like if you watched Citizen Kane for the first time today and didn't see what's supposed to be so special about it because you don't know that the reason it looks like so many other movies is because it's the reason all those other movies look that way to begin with.

Is it sort of fair to make that same comparison with Alan Moore's Watchmen? In the mid-80s or so, the deconstruction of flawed heroes, all of them having big hang-ups, how the heroes are really bad guys, twist endings, etc. was unique, but as time rolled on and everyone started incorporating themes like that into their comics and even in non-comics media. I'm sure people looking at Watchmen today for the first time see everything from the extremely comic book-styled layout to some of the plot developments as a "so what's so great about this?" because it's all been done several times by several forms of media, or done better.

Even with all that acclaim Watchmen gets for some of its direction and being a forerunner, didn't Marvel already do something a bit similar to some of that with Hank Pym in the 70s as a character who started out as as a hero and was gradually showing signs of instability and (self)destructive and abusive behavior?

Actually, there is sort of one thing about Watchmen that in recent years I've found extremely fascinating that perhaps doesn't get mentioned enough: The social attitude in Watchmen from most people that heroes are the real villains. In the story, that's a theme. The public considers masked vigilantes and superheroes to be terrors and menaces probably worse than the criminals they've fought. In the real world, today, that has been such a growing narrative in media and pop culture commentary and deconstruction of just about every superhero film, too. All superheroes are actually evil, racist, fascists, useless, etc. Sometimes the films even bring this up, sometimes they don't.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
More like Dull Island.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Vietnam stuff was also totally pointless. The film had nothing clever to say about it whatsoever.

"Hey we've already got ten scenes of slow motion thousand-yard stares, but I feel like adding one more."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
King Kong? Or was it really Vietcong? Makes you think.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
the trouble with being a male pussy doctor is people will assume on some level you went into the job to look at pussies

takes away a bit of the kudos from being a doctor i think

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Paladinus posted:

The next BotW is with Max Landis. Can't wait.

gently caress god no, these things already come out slowly enough that losing one to that rainbow-haired bitch is too much for this marine to bear

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Squashing Machine posted:

gently caress god no, these things already come out slowly enough that losing one to that rainbow-haired bitch is too much for this marine to bear

Maybe he'll bring Ma Cau Cau along.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Max Landis is kind of funny and entertaining. I enjoy Max Landis.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Krinkle posted:

Hahaha imagine a lady urologist who just wants to check out dongs all day and a fat dude with a tiny dick, ie me comes in, and she's like PASS I came here for the free chippendales treatment let me see that sixpack abs plus handsome hogs, fellas.
That's a bad SNL skit right there on spec pay me lorne michaels. Melissa mcarthey hosts.

Me and my wife ended up both having to have physicals at the same time a while back and we went to the same doc. It was a lady, about my age. I go in, she checks all the normal stuff, except she also did a lot of pressing her hands into my chest muscles. Never had a doc do that. Then she did the ball check thing and sorta took her time. Anyway after me it was the wife's turn. We had gone in separately. On the way home were talking about it and I was like "man that doc was really thorough" and my wife says "what do you mean, she basically just took my blood pressure and that was it"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I wish Max Landis was Len Kabasinski

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i can only cum to new redlettermedia content featuring mike and jay

pleasehelp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

hemale in pain posted: