Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Holy gently caress in five years we had Ocarina, Majora, and Windwaker. In the 13 years after that we had Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Although for handhelds Link Between Worlds is great and I'd listen to an argument in favor of it for best Zelda game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I bought Binding of Isaac, but have never played any of them, based solely on the "it's just the dungeons from 8-bit Zelda" sales pitch.

In other news I'm waiting on pins and needles for a whole new console cycle to go by without remastered Metroid Prime games with updated controls, let alone a NEW Metroid Prime game.

I can practically​ taste my extreme disappointment.

They already released Metroid Prime Trilogy. The Wii controls are great.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After bothering to make sure my battery pack is actually charged, my Switch is still at 100% after several minutes of zelda. That means I can get over 12 hours of switch use on the go.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I bought Binding of Isaac, but have never played any of them, based solely on the "it's just the dungeons from 8-bit Zelda" sales pitch.
You may be disappointed then.

While the game has the trappings of NES Zelda dungeons, the gameplay is more akin to a dual-stick shooter with a shitton of items that change your stats or affect how you play. It's still a fun game, but I think a number of people might feel cheated if they bought the game thinking it was a spiritual successor to Zelda 1.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
First time I've used the switch on portable mode. Gets pretty warm. Is there a way of turning it off or can I just put it to sleep and put it in its case without fearing it'll overheat and bake itself dead

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Calaveron posted:

First time I've used the switch on portable mode. Gets pretty warm. Is there a way of turning it off or can I just put it to sleep and put it in its case without fearing it'll overheat and bake itself dead

Hold down the home button on the Switch itself (not a controller) and a menu will pop up that lets you turn it off or reboot. Highly suggest shutting it down entirely. Jeff Gerstmann said that on his way to PAX, he threw his Switch into a pouch while the plane was taking off. It had somehow gotten nudged in a way that woke it up and his switch was very warm when he took it back out. Also, people are saying that they are putting their switch to sleep and then it's dead when they want to use it. Turning it off will make sure it won't wake up at random.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 18, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I just bought one with 1 2 Switch from Amazon. Do I sell the game unopened or is it good?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Binding of Isaac is good. I am bad at it.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tender Bender posted:

Although for handhelds Link Between Worlds is great and I'd listen to an argument in favor of it for best Zelda game.

Hey

Minish Cap was also a good game

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I just bought one with 1 2 Switch from Amazon. Do I sell the game unopened or is it good?

It's a fine little tech demo/thing to show off the system with some friends or whatever, but I'd say if you could get more than maybe five or ten bucks for it then sell it because that's about all it's worth.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I can probably get 40 Euro for it.

At least that's apparently what it goes for on German Ebay

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 18, 2017

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Tender Bender posted:

Holy gently caress in five years we had Ocarina, Majora, and Windwaker. In the 13 years after that we had Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

the best zelda games are links awakening, linkt o the past and twilight princess also twilight princess is the only good 3d zelda

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Windwaker is my favorite 3d Zelda

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is it just me or do the ZR and ZL buttons on the joycons feel awfully squishy
Maybe Nintendo snuck in analog triggers for the inevitable gamecube virtual console

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Calaveron posted:

Is it just me or do the ZR and ZL buttons on the joycons feel awfully squishy
Maybe Nintendo snuck in analog triggers for the inevitable gamecube virtual console

theyre perfect actually and youre a loving idiot for thinking otherwise

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Stux posted:

Friend
I will end you

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I missed you, Stux

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

Do not begin this. Darkness leads this way. I'm giving you a friendly warning, Stux.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

VideoGames posted:

Do not begin this. Darkness leads this way. I'm giving you a friendly warning, Stux.

Calaveron posted:

Friend
I will end you

oh but death threats are ok i guess? wow

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's ok as a party game/toy thing. Nowhere near as good as Wii sports, but it's really fun to watch other people play.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux posted:

It's a mistranslation of a Russian expression meaning "I will be at your end" (e.g. you will die stupidly and I will have to attend your funeral).

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

It's ok as a party game/toy thing. Nowhere near as good as Wii sports, but it's really fun to watch other people play.

I'm a goon, so no friends there!
Nah, if it goes for 40 on German ebay I'll sell it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

I replied before I saw that post. No, death threats are not OK.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm sorry Stux

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

I replied before I saw that post. No, death threats are not OK.

ur fukken ded at gooncon

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

VideoGames posted:

If it helps, BOTW is technically my first Zelda and without any previous experience baggage I think it's fantastic. The art style is really nice and original. I wish there was more music, but the controls and abilities are awesome. I'm completely lost and wandering around bumping into people, but it's a very different sort of experience compared to "I need a mini map".

It's more, I'm a 100 year old amnesiac, where is everything, what happened to everything?! And that loneliness feels highly appropriate. I think the environment does a really good job of pulling you in and making you forget.

(In terms of previous Zeldas, I played the first dungeon in Legend of Zelda because I found it by accident and then I kept dying after I left it and didn't know where to go.)

My dude, you posted this like nearly two weeks ago and no one called you out on it. But how in the heck did you get a Wii U, discover all sorts of great Nintendo games both new and old, and yet nearly entirely miss the Zelda series?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

ur fukken ded at gooncon

Gooncon can not happen, Rich sold the office.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

ur fukken ded at gooncon

*thins eyes* Clever. Very clever.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

My dude, you posted this like nearly two weeks ago and no one called you out on it. But how in the heck did you get a Wii U, discover all sorts of great Nintendo games both new and old, and yet nearly entirely miss the Zelda series?

I did it purely by mistake. I'm not sure how but it was my own stupid mistake! It's OK though because BotW is something special indeed!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

probably because the wii u only just got a zelda game, my friend

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Stux posted:

probably because the wii u only just got a zelda game, my friend

The wiiu had two zelda games prior

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy poo poo the wiiu got no original zelda games it got nothing but ports

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Holy poo poo the wiiu got no original zelda games it got nothing but ports

Switch BOTW is the port, dude.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

Switch BOTW is the port, dude.

Nuhuh because I say so

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Wii U version is the port, it doesn't even use the gamepad!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Wii U have literally every Zelda game available on it? Between Virtual Console, remakes, and backward compatibility, that covers everything right?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mahoning posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Wii U have literally every Zelda game available on it? Between Virtual Console, remakes, and backward compatibility, that covers everything right?

It didn't have the gameboy ones.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mahoning posted:

not the gameboy titles at least. Or any of the four swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Any electronic is fine to shut off and shove in a bag even if it's warm. It will no longer keep making new heat it has to disperse, what is there will bleed off but never increase past the point it was when you cut the power/standby.

• Locked thread