Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BGrifter posted:

Yeah a return to the Sharon Rogers TL meta is fantastic. :rolleyes:

Such skill. Much excitement. Happy fun times are here.

It's different this time around. Now there's a bunch of characters that can reliably take her out, whereas back when she was the TL meta the first time around the only good counter was your own sharon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm using T2 Wasp as leader with T2 Iron Fist with his new uniform and T2 Kamala as my team and I'm owning noobs left and right.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

fart simpson posted:

It's different this time around. Now there's a bunch of characters that can reliably take her out, whereas back when she was the TL meta the first time around the only good counter was your own sharon.

Fair enough. Original Sharon TL was probably the only one worse than the Strange/Wasp TL.

Just did my ten battles and it was exactly what you'd expect, ten teams with Sharon Rogers and some trash.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

There's a guy near the top of the rankings running T2 Hulkbuster, T2 Iron Fist, and some other combat character I can't remember right now. I'm seeing a lot of new uniform Iron Fists and Hellstroms and Kates

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Why are you guys still using T2 Wasp now that Sherlock is gone?

I really like the new changes to timeline but I suspect it's going to suck hard for newer players.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Because she has a p drat deece leadership that works for both Iron Fist and Kamala and her T2 passive also prevents stuff like getting stunned by Sharon.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
New iron fist costume is great craic against Sharon. It's easy to time IFs immune to damage when you see Sharon wind up for hers. It's on such a short cooldown too so it's always ready first.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Plat timeline banned Thanos and Odin but not Strange

im so aroused

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I can't wait for the day where Wasp is banned and not Strange, won't that be fun.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So any of the new costumes other than iron fist actually worth picking up? Or should I just keep on saving crystals for gotg2 ones.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
Master Racon Update, 3/17/2017:

I have reclaimed my rightful throne, and intend to keep it that way.

For those trying to get to the top of someone's board, minor upgrades can make huge differences. A 2* uru to a 3* uru, for example, can be up to 600 points. As can upgrading a uniform 'option bonus' uniform. Upgrading Crossbones' uni for my Racon was about 4-500 points on its own.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Finished 6*ing Dormammu today. Turns out he's pretty good. Just need to figure out what Obelisk to stick on him. Probably 2x Fire Damage/Damage Proc if I can roll one.

Ebony Maw and Black Dwarf left to go. Probably going to bank 8k BAM before starting on either one.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah that's the correct ob. I rolled a 2X fire and I feel like a freight train in Damage.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
came back

my lashley is only at rank 93 or something

i am working on correcting this

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I expect rank 1 from your Lash

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

rank 1 racon and lash from the alliance

taht feels....

right

oh also man, the iron fist is....not good. how the gently caress do you mess up kung fu that bad. colleen wings actress is the worst one ive seen in a tv show or movie in a long time. ward is 100000% the best character in the show. namaste my friends

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So if you've looked in the sub menu under character ranking, you may or may not have noticed an "Event Character" setting under the filter, though nothing's in it right now.
This datamining seems to point to its possible significance.

qfuw posted:

So according to the data-mined game file:
Your characters' rankings are not merely for bragging rights, but rather, you will earn some rewards based on their rankings.
There are 5 different groups. What are those groups? Do the groups refer to certain groups of characters? Or different groups are for different festivals / events? It is not known at the moment. Your guess?
Anyway, the rewards in each group are listed as follows:

Group 1
Rank Reward
1st to 199th 3 mil gold, 300 debris, 300 GUK
200th to 1099th 2 mil gold, 200 debris, 200 GUK
1100th to 3000th 1 mil gold, 100 debris, 100 GUK
777th 2 mil gold

Group 2
Rank Reward
1st to 199th 320 bio-selector, 50 norn-selector
200th to 1099th 200 bio-selector, 30 norn-selector
1100th to 3000th 100 bio-selector, 10 norn-selector
777th 200 bio-selector

Group 3
Rank Reward
1st to 199th 1 R5-BAM, 1 6* ISO of growth
200th to 1099th 1 R4-BAM, 1 5* ISO of growth
1100th to 3000th 1 R3-BAM, 1 4* ISO of growth
777th 1 R4-BAM

Group 4
Rank Reward
1st to 199th 300 CNS, 1 6* ISO of growth
200th to 1099th 200 CNS, 1 5* ISO of growth
1100th to 3000th 100 CNS, 1 4* ISO of growth
777th 200 CNS

Group 5
Rank Reward
1st to 199th 170 UUK, 1 5* obelisk chest
200th to 1099th 120 UUK, 1 4* obelisk chest
1100th to 3000th 70 UUK, 1 3* obelisk chest
777th 120 UUK

Stay tuned for v2.9.5 datamined info Vol. 2!
Here is a sneak peek:
New game mode: Wakanda-themed Alliance Domination!
Names of some of the new maps: "Birnin T'Chaka", "Birnin Djata", "Mount Kanda"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ramadu posted:

rank 1 racon and lash from the alliance

taht feels....

right

oh also man, the iron fist is....not good. how the gently caress do you mess up kung fu that bad. colleen wings actress is the worst one ive seen in a tv show or movie in a long time. ward is 100000% the best character in the show. namaste my friends

I don't know I just binged the whole series and I thought it was OK. I kinda get where the bad reviews are coming from but if you like the other Netflix Marvel shows then you'll probably still enjoy Iron Fist.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

fart simpson posted:

I don't know I just binged the whole series and I thought it was OK. I kinda get where the bad reviews are coming from but if you like the other Netflix Marvel shows then you'll probably still enjoy Iron Fist.

yeah its just...the fight scenes were so bad. the editing of them provided no continuity of the fight and the angles they were shot showed consistently punches that were missing or people waiting to get punched via a cut. It was really really poor fight scene choreography with a lot of bad editing and direction. you just couldn't follow it like all of a sudden people are flying through the air from a punch you didnt see or leaping off a wall whereas literally in the cut before they were in the middle of the room. just zero flow to the fights and no way to follow them.

whoever was doing the fights should have let the rza do them all or get like, gordon liu up in there to teach these idiots how to do kung fu or even just sat them down and showed them tons of hours of shaw brothers films like 36 chambers or five deadly venoms or master of the flying guillotine. im a huge kung fu film fan and kung fu fan in general and its one of the things that led me to love iron fist in the first place and this stuff was just so bad to watch.

I think the thing that most pissed me off was that apparently danny is an idiot. Like I get they were trying to show he had a child like innocence to contrast being an immortal weapon due to the plane crash at 10 but the way it played out was just infuriating.

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 18, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

well im still gonna watch daniel rand al'thor in iron fist: the way of iron: fists but this fills me with dread

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Or just do what I do: never watch the shows or read comics. I actually find out characters exist when a new update drops. Well, obviously I knew that Iron Man or Captain America existed because they're common pop culture presences, but people like Black Bolt or Deathlok were totally new to me. It's a fairly enjoyable perspective for me.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

punchymcpunch posted:

well im still gonna watch daniel rand al'thor in iron fist: the way of iron: fists but this fills me with dread

like i marathoned it and it isnt BAD but it isnt GOOD, its just sorta ok. Ward is the like, 4th best character out of all the shows after foggy kingpin and kilgrave and carries the show hard. the fight scenes are just...so angering because this poo poo is easy. its 2017 guys!!!!! :argh: spergin bout kung fu itt

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

sucks cos lucas p cage the series clearly had some kung fu dorks workin on it, because they correctly identified fist of legend as superior to fist of fury

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Counterpoint: I don't really care much about fight choreography and it clearly wasn't up to Daredevil standards but it just seemed like pretty standard American style Kung fu action. I've seen a lot of Hong Kong movies and I know what you're talking about but I just don't care all that much and the rest of the show was fine.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

haha the showrunner is the guy who ran dexter into the ground

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Also I thought it was funny how bad of an Iron Fist Danny is and everyone including him knows it. And I laughed out loud at some of Rosario Dawson's lines

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

punchymcpunch posted:

haha the showrunner is the guy who ran dexter into the ground

WTB Iron Fist lumberjack costume.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hogama posted:

So according to the data-mined game file:
Your characters' rankings are not merely for bragging rights, but rather, you will earn some rewards based on their rankings.

There should be something really special for being #1

Like every week when the rankings are tallied, Netmarble mails Greywords a live raccoon that he has to care for. Eventually his house will be infested with racons that live in the walls and come out at night to tear up the carpet and furniture, and we could all have a good, friendly laugh about it. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Like every week when the rankings are tallied, Netmarble mails Greywords a live raccoon that he has to care for. Eventually his house will be infested with racons that live in the walls and come out at night to tear up the carpet and furniture, and we could all have a good, friendly laugh about it. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

I fully support this.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cant wait for icr to get #1 karnak and receive one coneheads vhs every week for the rest of his life

board game room is now coneheads room

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Joke's on you, I'm already a crazy racon man.

Who really should work on changing his avatar at this point.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah we can swap off Chode now unless you have an undying fascination with him by making his costume Mythic. Your name probably rhymes with a ghee pee.

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Kirby began to wonder if he shouldn't have just eaten the Nemesis, instead.
Do what now? I can't hear you, I'm busy polishing my Monsters Unleashed armor and working on my smirk...

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Greywords posted:

Joke's on you, I'm already a crazy racon man.

Who really should work on changing his avatar at this point.

I'm buying you a new one once I can get off work and edit it down.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
My Quakefu is over 100 and I am so mad

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Number four Hawkeye. I need to put in some real work.

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Kirby began to wonder if he shouldn't have just eaten the Nemesis, instead.
...I still don't like the uniform upgrade system.

(Yes I'm aware this is horrible and shameful for Dr. Bandysnatch, but I'm trying to finish Dormammu.)

a tea tree fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 18, 2017

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm buying you a new one once I can get off work and edit it down.

I am both excited and terrified by this prospect, and can not wait to see the results!

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
who should I t2 that's come out since December

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kamala

• Locked thread