Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Yeah, I don't know why people think it looks like matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

arts and crafts at the kkkindergarten

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Amazing to see modern tech finally able to capture Colby Rasmus in such a life-like way

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

To those wondering about the PC version of Nier Automata: It seems like a pretty solid port. I run things at 1440p and it is not that difficult to keep it at 60fps by turning down the usual suspects (AA, shadows). I think there is a limiter that prevents you from going over 60fps even if your display can handle it. Also it is actually kind of distracting how often the game uses pre-rendered FMV cutscenes, even for a simple 5 second panning shot of the landscape, because then it becomes super framey and jagged in comparison to the normal gameplay :(

Isn't there some kind of console command you can use to force 60fps in cutscenes that aren't pre-rendered? I remember doing it for Dragon Age: Inquisition.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

New Concept Hole posted:

Amazing to see modern tech finally able to capture Colby Rasmus in such a life-like way

We had gotten to a new page. You didn't have to quote it...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The gently caress is this

https://s1.webmshare.com/jQAK8.webm

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's called a bento

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

To those wondering about the PC version of Nier Automata: It seems like a pretty solid port. I run things at 1440p and it is not that difficult to keep it at 60fps by turning down the usual suspects (AA, shadows). I think there is a limiter that prevents you from going over 60fps even if your display can handle it. Also it is actually kind of distracting how often the game uses pre-rendered FMV cutscenes, even for a simple 5 second panning shot of the landscape, because then it becomes super framey and jagged in comparison to the normal gameplay :(

The port is kinda crappy in my experience. Full screen is busted right now and won't set the correct resolution and it has other performance issues. Running a borderless windowed tool alleviates the problems but it's lovely that you have to.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A mess

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

That meticulous opening and placement of doritos :allears:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

People who eat food are the worst

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

looks like a good prison recipe

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bloodychill posted:

The biggest meltdown came a guy who is would qualify on the surface as "anti" but then you look deeper and it's more "ran out of meds and having a mental breakdown and yelling at everyone regardless of whether they dislike or like the game who tries to respond to his posts; also probably watches a lot of terrible people on youtube"

To expand a bit, some guy who apparently does this every few months was saying that EA is pushing Andromeda despite "knowing" it's "going to kill the IP" and if you buy it you're directly contributing to video games dying off and that "tons of developers" have been sending him "private messages" saying "you go man, you tell the truth!"

I'd never seen him before but apparently Games has its own Alex Jones, basically.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

People who eat food are the worst

I mean technically that is food

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

To expand a bit, some guy who apparently does this every few months was saying that EA is pushing Andromeda despite "knowing" it's "going to kill the IP" and if you buy it you're directly contributing to video games dying off and that "tons of developers" have been sending him "private messages" saying "you go man, you tell the truth!"

I'd never seen him before but apparently Games has its own Alex Jones, basically.

He is definitely a very strange character. He also appears to believe everything he says so...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
He just wants that fuckface VG to check the loving IPs. Is that too much to ask for?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I don't even have IPs access! He is barking up the wrong tree.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

precision posted:

I'm glad to be doing my part killing off Mass Effect. Give it a swift death rather than a long, drawn out one at the hands of multiple Bioware staff turnovers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bet mass effect andromeda sells better than Nier Automata

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

In Training posted:

That's 100% going to happen, many times over.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

"Not covering ones genitals was seen as... problematic."

Doesn't matter, Nier is still the better game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Some kind of small pastry?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Better than what I had for lunch which was most of a bag of Brach's Chicks and Rabbits candy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Palpek posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't know what a bird is.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Portrait orientation.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Guy Mann posted:

Portrait orientation.

call the cops

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Stux posted:

call the cops

wb

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_8X067i1A

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

"Not covering ones genitals was seen as... problematic."

Doesn't matter, Nier is still the better game.

Papers Please is a better game than The Witcher 3

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Palpek posted:

:mmmhmm:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The special stages in Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) don't gently caress around. This one in World 2 has left me kind of speechless.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Nate RFB posted:

The special stages in Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) don't gently caress around. This one in World 2 has left me kind of speechless.

Is it the Bullet Bill level

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why can't you play as Linkle in BOTW, after playing a few chapters of Hyrule Warriors 3DS I can say with confidence that she is the greatest character nintendo has ever made

yosh! yosh! yosh! *murders 500 dudes with dual crossbows from midair*

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dual-wielding is so stylish (cf. D3 Demon Hunter, Lara Croft, BJ Blazkowicz, Bayonetta, Tracer, Chow Yun-Fat)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

codenameFANGIO posted:

Is it the Bullet Bill level
It's this pyramid level with a series of really nasty challenge rooms that must be cleared all in a row, since there are no checkpoints.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dual-wielding is so stylish (cf. D3 Demon Hunter, Lara Croft, BJ Blazkowicz, Bayonetta, Tracer, Chow Yun-Fat)

It seems very impractical

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Kratos

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

also bayonetta quad-wields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doesn't disprove the theory

• Locked thread