Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I really want to make a mod pack that's all of M150's mods, and then throw in all of the most insane and creepy fetish mods and distribute it as a regular, best of all in one pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

I really want to make a mod pack that's all of M150's mods, and then throw in all of the most insane and creepy fetish mods and distribute it as a regular, best of all in one pack.

Hmmmm, I have gotten a bit burned out, making LL entries for the Skyrim -> Fallout conversions, there are a few fetishy ones in there, I also got lots of insane skyrim armors from asia, we could go full wild wasteland easily with some of the stuff.
Like, make the institute a bunch of witches. brotherhood of schoolgirl uniform fetishists. minutedickgirls.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

staberind posted:

Hmmmm, I have gotten a bit burned out, making LL entries for the Skyrim -> Fallout conversions, there are a few fetishy ones in there, I also got lots of insane skyrim armors from asia, we could go full wild wasteland easily with some of the stuff.
Like, make the institute a bunch of witches. brotherhood of schoolgirl uniform fetishists. minutedickgirls.

Those would go wonderfully with the female death claws and female super mutant mods.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/s8Fli68h.jpg :nws:

Also, throw in that lore friendly clothing overhaul that also has every single outfit barefoot for mysterious reasons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
staringintothenexusabysss.txt

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, the abyss? the nexus is just the surface, lets have a look at Lover Slab

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Let's not

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Came here to post that combo mod from m150. Hilarious nightmare fuel.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

turn off the TV posted:

Those would go wonderfully with the female death claws and female super mutant mods.

Also, throw in that lore friendly clothing overhaul that also has every single outfit barefoot for mysterious reasons.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Okay, here is the arch I made to replace the over road building. It's just wide enough that I can fit three small sized buildboards on top, if I feel like I really need more height.

I don't know why that one section of wall's material changed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You are doing a good job, I like it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

turn off the TV posted:

There's a female gen 3 synth now too. I thought it might be a little interesting to have but nope, it's just huge tits n rear end

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Saint Sputnik posted:

There's a female gen 3 synth now too. I thought it might be a little interesting to have but nope, it's just huge tits n rear end

Theres a non CBBE version in the pictures if you look based on the vanilla model. Still kinda skeevy though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It turns out that a lot of the streets in Boston are different widths, so that's going to be a lot more work than I expected. :v:

Tombot posted:

Theres a non CBBE version in the pictures if you look based on the vanilla model. Still kinda skeevy though.

If it's CBBE couldn't you just make a non skeeve version with the body sliders?

Assuming it's even possible to make CBBE not creepy.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

staberind posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22823/ M150.

enjoy.
Also : fittingly enough, I have not once managed to get 100 happyness in a settlement. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11134/ Time for a Happymaker.

:eyepop:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Sputnik posted:

Gen 2. And it still basically has Nick's face, so it's extra weird.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

Gen 2. And it still basically has Nick's face, so it's extra weird.

Now that is uh....something.

Looking back on it now, when they announced a new Fallout I naively never considered man faced androids, deathclaws and super mutants having tits. What a weird world we live in.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

staberind posted:

Also : fittingly enough, I have not once managed to get 100 happyness in a settlement. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11134/ Time for a Happymaker.

I kind of did it. What I did was after I got Longfellow's Cabin, I didn't add any settlers and just kept catching cats until I hit 100. It went down after I started to get settlers in, but it was enough to get the achievement. I've never hit 100 in a populated settlement though.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I didn't know you could get married in fallout

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I'm surprised there's so few well done power armor textures on the Nexus. The only one that's worth anything are the 4K textures by Gorgulla but unfortunately he seems to have stopped after T-45 and T-60... What a shame. So I wanted to confirm with other people that I'm not missing any mods. I tried the war tag one or whatever it's called but while it's definitely not a bad mod I greatly prefer vanilla. The power armor garage mod, on the other hand, is terrible so I uninstalled it almost immediately.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lordfrikk posted:

I'm surprised there's so few well done power armor textures on the Nexus. The only one that's worth anything are the 4K textures by Gorgulla but unfortunately he seems to have stopped after T-45 and T-60... What a shame. So I wanted to confirm with other people that I'm not missing any mods. I tried the war tag one or whatever it's called but while it's definitely not a bad mod I greatly prefer vanilla. The power armor garage mod, on the other hand, is terrible so I uninstalled it almost immediately.

The official HD DLC has 4k power armor textures.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Has anybody done a mod that's basically Weaponsmith Extended, except focused on interesting new weapon types and unique weapons without a dozen extra varieties of rifle and pistol? I actually kinda like all the ammo variant stuff, and having crossbows, chainsaws, Swan's Axe, etc are excellent, but dumping in stuff like Reaper's shotgun from Overwatch and multiple varieties of real-world assault rifle is just dumb.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Roadie posted:

Has anybody done a mod that's basically Weaponsmith Extended, except focused on interesting new weapon types and unique weapons without a dozen extra varieties of rifle and pistol? I actually kinda like all the ammo variant stuff, and having crossbows, chainsaws, Swan's Axe, etc are excellent, but dumping in stuff like Reaper's shotgun from Overwatch and multiple varieties of real-world assault rifle is just dumb.

There's a unique weapons mod, it changes the supposedly "unique" weapons.
Loads & New calibers do the ammo stuff.
I use WE2 & modern weapons, plus a merge of random weirdness & levelled lists of all that. if you don't like some of the weapons in WE, you can edit them out of the levelled lists.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

turn off the TV posted:

The official HD DLC has 4k power armor textures.

Yeah, I'm not going to be downloading 60GB worth of stuff just for that. My GPU has only 4 GB VRAM so I'd have to somehow pluck it out of that and delete the rest too :shepicide:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lordfrikk posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to be downloading 60GB worth of stuff just for that. My GPU has only 4 GB VRAM so I'd have to somehow pluck it out of that and delete the rest too :shepicide:

Yeah? Just open the .bsa files and grab the power armor textures.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

lordfrikk posted:

Hm. well, I have them, let me have a look inside the ba2,

So, including all armours & paint jobs, its 1.4 gig, compressed with 7z, its just under a gig, I'm uploading that to dropbox now, but it will be ready tomorrow sometime, I'll post the link when its done tomorrow.

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 20, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

staberind posted:

Hm. well, I have them, let me have a look inside the ba2

While you're at it, could you tell me how big the different texture folders are? I'm not at all sure how it's 50+ gigs. Even dumping all of the 4K environmental textures I could find into my Skyrim install didn't get anywhere near that large.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

While you're at it, could you tell me how big the different texture folders are? I'm not at all sure how it's 50+ gigs. Even dumping all of the 4K environmental textures I could find into my Skyrim install didn't get anywhere near that large.

I hear there are a lot of repeats and so on, but what puzzles me is I only saw a couple of 4096x4086 textures in the power armour folder, the rest are 2048, everything is DXT1.
as mentioned above, just the PA folder is 1.4 gig, for about 260 textures, (including normals, spec and so on).
I run f4 from two ssd's, one is the main install, the other has some virtual install folders, like an extra textures folder and such.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

staberind posted:

I hear there are a lot of repeats and so on, but what puzzles me is I only saw a couple of 4096x4086 textures in the power armour folder, the rest are 2048, everything is DXT1.
as mentioned above, just the PA folder is 1.4 gig, for about 260 textures, (including normals, spec and so on).
I run f4 from two ssd's, one is the main install, the other has some virtual install folders, like an extra textures folder and such.

You can run a game on two drives? I'm resisting grabbing the DLC as my SSD is only 75 gigs. Would dropping the textures in a regular HDD work?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I haven't dug into FO4 really, but are they using separate files for the normal, specular, etc instead of using the alpha channels and/or combining all the non-diffuse parts into a single file by separating RGBA? Because if no, woooooow.

I have also heard the only HD files worth having are the armors, so good call on isolating just those.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

aniviron posted:

I haven't dug into FO4 really, but are they using separate files for the normal, specular, etc instead of using the alpha channels and/or combining all the non-diffuse parts into a single file by separating RGBA? Because if no, woooooow.

I have also heard the only HD files worth having are the armors, so good call on isolating just those.

I'm actually not quite sure what makes Bethesda's textures so loving gigantic. Vivid Fallout, from what I believe, uses some higher resolution or same resolution textures as the vanilla game, but has better vram usage... somehow.

I wonder how well just keeping the higher resolution textures and ditching all the mapping would work, assuming that that's all included. I can't imagine that the visual quality they provide would be that much of a step up over the vanilla assets. Bethesda used incredibly conservative normals for pretty much every texture, so I imagine that just editing them to be more pronounced would look better than what's included in the HD pack.

As an example, check out this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18778/

All it is is an edit of the vanilla normals to show a little more depth and it's so much more defined than the vanilla, flat ghouls.

Granted, editing the clothes too was a bad call.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Makes me wonder if the slightly cartoony aesthetic the game has is intentional or not.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm not a fan of the Ghoul model, It looks like melted poo poo. I'm hoping maybe somebody will make a replacement where they just looked like their less feral counter parts but with more obvious 'these guys have gone nuts and are going to tear off your face' sort of an appearince.

Rather than grandpa and grandma melty face zombie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wish the ghouls looked like they did in the old games, all horrifically mangled and rotted, instead of just looking like they have a severe skin condition or died of dehydration.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 21, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I actually quite like the ghoul design in 4 for the sentient ones. the feral ones look like crap though

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Non-feral FO4 female ghouls have perfect hair without fail, looks like prewar hair. I would understand it on maybe one or two like Bobbi No-Nose, maybe they've got wigs on, but every single drat one of the women have flawless easy breezy beautiful hair which drives me loving nuts. Looks so out of place.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lurdiak posted:

I wish the ghouls looked like they did in the old games, all horrifically mangled and rotted, instead of just looking like they have a severe skin condition or died of dehydration.

There's a mod on the workshop that makes them look more like this, but there are kind of some, I guess, technical issues going on with it.

These are supposedly 2k textures.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

turn off the TV posted:

These are supposedly 2k textures.

This guy's been eating too many skittles.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The more "better feral" mods I see, the more I like the vanilla. It's like they're growing on me just by comparison.

I like their animations fine. Ideally, I'd want feral ghouls shaped more like the normal ones but animating like ferals.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 21, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Good quality textures are good, good quality textures that are wrapped around the mesh thoughtfully are better, but, with badly thought out normal maps, everything can look crap. the feral textures look ok, but you can see a glaring difference between their textures and their armor.
If someone wants me to extract just the clothes and armor from the hd ba2's and put it on dropbox, I dont mind doing that, or anything really, but remember, each ba2 is about 4 gig and they are archives, so the eventual textures are going to take quite some space, it might be better all around if I extract sets (clothes, combat armor, synth, et.c) and upload them separately.

turn off the TV posted:

You can run a game on two drives? I'm resisting grabbing the DLC as my SSD is only 75 gigs. Would dropping the textures in a regular HDD work?

Please... No.

maybe the opposite would be better : simlink your textures folder/ba2 from an ssd.

you can, with virtual install (mod organiser, nmm) and/or simlinks, run anything from as many drives as you like. I'd suggest sticking to ssd's though, especially for textures.
that's pretty much what every load time is about, loading all the textures.
getting a bigger (256g) ssd will solve most peoples load time problems,(lol, no. it will be quicker though, try Morrowind modded to heck on an ssd) or, just being realistic about the size of textures/patience for load times/fps they want.

http://link-shell-extension.en.lo4d.com/ <this is the first link I found for the link shell extension, I dunno how its wrapped and what kind of malware/adware it comes with.
you can have a look around for a better place to dl it from, or, extract the programe from the exe.

to use : copy the folders you wanna link to faster drive, delete or move from source, right click, choose link source, go to datafolder, right click anywhere, drop link.
its different from a shortcut, as, as far as your operating system and the game is concerned, the folder is where the link is.

aniviron posted:

PA frame comes to 26 meg. + the spec for hands.
I suspect that due to your armour unequipping when it reaches 0 hp, the game does not swap to a smaller texture on a frame plus armor. so that's 26 meg (of which you don't see so much, just joints and hands) plus the textures for whatever armour is on the frame. bethesda.txt

staberind fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

staberind posted:

Hm. well, I have them, let me have a look inside the ba2,

So, including all armours & paint jobs, its 1.4 gig, compressed with 7z, its just under a gig, I'm uploading that to dropbox now, but it will be ready tomorrow sometime, I'll post the link when its done tomorrow.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!