Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
no no no,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I might be the only person but I really love Gamer. Its so loving weird.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I watched Rope tonight. It was okay.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I've moved on from Assault on Precinct 13 to it's spiritual successor, Escape from New York. It's nice to know where Literally All Action Video Games got their inspiration from now.

edit: Like, Metal Gear Solid is too obvious, but it really amazes me that we didn't get a Final Fight or Mega Man movie from Carpenter at some point.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 19, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aliens is obviously next.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

All action games are either Escape From New York, Aliens, or Road Warrior.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

All action games are either Escape From New York, Aliens, or Road Warrior.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case in a while, ever since CoD took over as "popular FPS series" from Halo. Except, you know, the actual games based off of Alien and Mad Max.

For real though, Carpenter has been in a bit of a lull, they should definitely offer the MGS movie to him instead of the new Kong guy. Nothing against him, but how amazing would that be?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Beyond Iron Fist being terrible it specifically is horribly directed and edited.

On the plus side it has goooooooood set design.

But yea it sucks so far.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

YTotD: The last minute of editing on this Hell's Kitchen episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Y9piEyqc8&t=5115s

Oh God I watched this season. They were all so loving bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've only watched a little bit of Ramsay's shows but I vividly remember reading that people who win Hell's Kitchen never actually get the dream job they were promised and that really soured the entire premise for me.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I had an unexpected night off and for lack of better options hung out at a friend's place and watched the back half of Iron Fist, before doing more entertaining things

Spoiler: Iron Fist is a bitch

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Lurdiak posted:

I've only watched a little bit of Ramsay's shows but I vividly remember reading that people who win Hell's Kitchen never actually get the dream job they were promised and that really soured the entire premise for me.

I think when it turns out that doing a one-month of getting-yelled-at crash course in Chef'ing doesn't necessarily make you competent to run a professional kitchen, they quickly swap you out of the promised job within a few months.

You're swapped out a little faster when you test positive for cocaine though.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Return of the Living Dead scares me because the idea, expressed by one of the zombies, that death can be a conscious state of interminable deathly agony that you're fully aware of is really horrible.

It's a very human fear. An unpleasant afterlife has been a concept in tons of religions for millenia.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

A few pages back, but card tricks loving own because even when you know how they're done they still take a ridiculous amount of practice and skill to look good and smooth.

Yeah, I like The Lady Eve, too.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CelticPredator posted:

I might be the only person but I really love Gamer. Its so loving weird.

Nah I'm with ya. It has:
-Milo Ventimiglia as Rick Rape
-Logan Lerman
-Pissing into cars gas tanks
-A song and dance and fight number
-Possibly Michael C Hall's most energetic performance

It's a classic in the same vein as Crank

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Chaps, if you want to feel relatively normal and happy about your semi-functional relationships, take a gander at this thread. There's some gold in there, but nothing so far beats the Old Norse near the beginning.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&perpage=40

i just want more people I can make "berth ell pup" references with

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

:allears:

e: followed immediately by the narrator saying, "Trevor has now successfully tossed Sabrina's salads."

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Tag yourself I'm "licking the volcano in flavortown"

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

therattle posted:

Chaps, if you want to feel relatively normal and happy about your semi-functional relationships, take a gander at this thread. There's some gold in there, but nothing so far beats the Old Norse near the beginning.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&perpage=40

i just want more people I can make "berth ell pup" references with

I check that thread multiple times daily.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So I was a neglected orphan Sega Genesis kid and I'm gonna emulate up an SNES and play Link to the Past, Castlevania and Metroid. Any other classics I'm missing? No real interest in Mario world.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

weekly font posted:

No real interest in Mario world.

You say that, but, Yoshi's Island.

CPL593H posted:

Was there any swirling colors or poo poo like that or was it just a very quiet and relaxing dark place? I've been considering doing this myself and I'd be interested to hear more specific details of your experience.

The latter, mostly.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Ah, Bollywood...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is anyone just waiting for Shah Rukh Khan to star in a movie about a half animal warrior named Loganathan?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

The MSJ posted:

Is anyone just waiting for Shah Rukh Khan to star in a movie about a half animal warrior named Loganathan?

Isn't that basically already what he does?

edit:

Holy poo poo, dude is 51.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

So I was a neglected orphan Sega Genesis kid and I'm gonna emulate up an SNES and play Link to the Past, Castlevania and Metroid. Any other classics I'm missing? No real interest in Mario world.

Chrono Trigger, FF3/6, Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, Donkey Kong Country 2, Mega Man X, Super Punch Out, Earthbound, Contra 3, TMNT IV, Actraiser and probably a bunch more but that will keep you more than busy

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

They had to start being very careful and particular about how they phrase the prize after a contestant sued them. For the first half-dozen seasons, maybe longer, the winner was said to become the executive chef at one of Ramsay's restaurants. Turns out that it's really a glorified sous chef position (and in one case the winner got a garde manger job). So now they say "head chef" or "a leader of the kitchen."

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coffee And Pie posted:

Tag yourself I'm "licking the volcano in flavortown"

I'm a hot Frisbee of fun.

I should really see a doctor about that.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think the MAME emulator for Turtles in Time is better, from what I remember.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think the MAME emulator for Turtles in Time is better, from what I remember.

This is untrue. The SNES version cut out a bunch of quarter munching bullshit and added new levels and mechanics. Part of the reason the remake was so hated was that it was based on the arcade version rather than the console

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 19, 2017

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Well poo poo, nevermind!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I wanna try sensory deprevation but I think I might just be bored and uncomfortable. I mean I've done CAT scans a bunch of times and lying perfectly still in a dark tube staring at nothing and hearing nothing but noise is basically sensory deprecation and that's always a pretty unpleasant experience.

Isn't that more an MRI? I had probably a dozen CT scans last year and I've had four this year (yay, pulmonary embolisms / extremely rare blood clotting disorder) and it's like a five-minute, relatively open experience. I had a head and neck MRI back in January and that was an hour of hell.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

weekly font posted:

Mega Man X

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Yeah, given the racket that MRI machines make its hardly analogous to a sensory deprivation tank, unless someone is on the outside hitting it with a hammer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Maarak posted:

https://twitter.com/coolguyzone/status/843247837748105221

An old co-worker of mine at a restaurant auditioned(applied? not sure what the right term is for reality tv) for the show well before this, and said he was turned down for being too competent and not crazy. Seemed like a boast at the time.

I'm gonna watch this movie

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Even the MRI I had on my hand was a terrible 30 min. You also have to lay face down with your arm stretched all the way up and that really starts to hurt after awhile. MRI's can suck it

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bows1 posted:

Even the MRI I had on my hand was a terrible 30 min. You also have to lay face down with your arm stretched all the way up and that really starts to hurt after awhile. MRI's can suck it

Fatherhood so exhausted me that when I had an MRI for a broken scapula I fell asleep.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What the gently caress, Arrival left me crying like a baby. Was 100% not expecting that walking into this sci-fi flick.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Death By The Blues posted:

Beyond Iron Fist being terrible it specifically is horribly directed and edited.

On the plus side it has goooooooood set design.

But yea it sucks so far.

Wrong

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

therattle posted:

Fatherhood so exhausted me that when I had an MRI for a broken scapula I fell asleep.

Back in January I was in the garage waiting for my dog to do her business in the backyard and I passed out, hitting my head on the car. Iris freaked the gently caress out and actually hopped our fence to get the neighbor's attention and I was taken to the ER. That head / neck MRI was sheer hell -- an hour of being perfectly still in a tiny tube while it sounded like a drunken Blue Man Group was rotating around me.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vegetable posted:

What the gently caress, Arrival left me crying like a baby. Was 100% not expecting that walking into this sci-fi flick.

Loved it as well. Wasn't crying like a baby but definitely had a a few tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

glam rock hamhock posted:

Chrono Trigger, FF3/6, Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, Donkey Kong Country 2, Mega Man X, Super Punch Out, Earthbound, Contra 3, TMNT IV, Actraiser and probably a bunch more but that will keep you more than busy

Is there an SNES emulator that works on Mac? I cant seem to find out. Zsnes just crashes whenever I try to change the screen size.

• Locked thread