Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

What are those, some kind of prawns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Croissants. Wonderful delicious croissants.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Internet Kraken posted:

Croissants. Wonderful delicious croissants.

Everyone knows shrimp and pastry are indistinguishable

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Ridley as Papyrus fits, but only if he has Slowbeef's voice.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

spasticColon posted:

This image is once again making me long for a Studio Ghibli animated Zelda film. It's too bad Miyazaki is retired now as well.
I've been calling Sanzoku no Musume Ronja, which was a co-production with Ghibli and directed by Goro Miyazaki, a good Zelda anime. It's not a perfect fit, but the exploration aspect is definitely there, especially the part where Ronja first heads out into the forest reminded me a lot of Zelda. And hearing Japanese voice actors trying to pronounce Swedish names is never not going to be hilarious to me.

So let's see what good/bad/horrible fanart of that we can dredge up.

Mostly good, it turns out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarachiiSoup/status/841579100577923073

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Well I guess I suck at this game because I lost count how many times I tried to shield bash the laser back at a guardian.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

spasticColon posted:

Well I guess I suck at this game because I lost count how many times I tried to shield bash the laser back at a guardian.

Once you see the laser disappear and the beeping stops, count to one then parry. And you can do it with a pot lid, if you have one. The energy drawing sound it makes is actually a really good audio cue.

Its like Bald Bull in Punch-Out. You just have to get used to it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Alternatively, I just got up close and hit A when the eyeball turned white.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/843572340143341569

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Absolutely adorable.

Anyway, been playing Night in the Woods and it's actually a legitimately good game? Well, there isn't much gameplay but the writing is top notch.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ramos posted:

Anyway, been playing Night in the Woods and it's actually a legitimately good game? Well, there isn't much gameplay but the writing is top notch.

Been watching Voidburger's stream of this. It looks super good.

"You know how you're at a party and you just need to stand in the corner?"
"Yeah?"
"Gregg's my corner."

Its really cute.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZt6igT5Dw

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Holy poo poo I was not prepared for this.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This isnt what i asked for

It wasnt supposed to be this way

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Girlverine.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Say Nothing posted:

Girlverine.

I was thinking about this one the drive home today, but where does Wolverine (and I suppose X23) keep their claws? It can't be in their dorsal palm, because those blades are like three times the length of her palm.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I was thinking about this one the drive home today, but where does Wolverine (and I suppose X23) keep their claws? It can't be in their dorsal palm, because those blades are like three times the length of her palm.

They have a stack exchange for that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Who What Now posted:

A better question is where does she keep the claws that come out of her feet. The claws can easily fit in the forearms with some wrist changes, but the way that the foot claws come out they can only be in her feet, somehow.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Who What Now posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Except he's clearly bending his wrist in that gif. Checkmate

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Wolverine would be a lot more dangerous without claws. If he wasn't obliged to use the awesome power of six knives, he could go buy a gun.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I watched MoonMoon play this. Pretty dang good game, even if parts of it made no sense

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Bar Crow posted:

Wolverine would be a lot more dangerous without claws. If he wasn't obliged to use the awesome power of six knives, he could go buy a gun.

Go see Logan.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Girlverine.

Other than the fact that maybe this is drawn to resemble Dafne Keen who plays her in Logan, it's actually canon. After Logan die, X-23 became the new Wolverine including wearing the costume and taking over the book of the same title (another book about the dimension-displaced Wolverine from Old Man Logan is titled... Old Man Logan).

I'm guessing that their claws can only come out if they their bone and muscles are properly aligned, kinda like how you can't open you eyes while sneezing.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

The MSJ posted:

...you can't open you eyes while sneezing.

Have you never tried? It's actually real easy.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Smiling Knight posted:

Go see Logan.

Go see Children of Men, the better movie it's based on.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cartoon Man posted:

This is true for the first 30 minutes of the movie. Also children of men has better cinematography,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Cartoon Man posted:

Is it two and a half hours about old cows being slaughtered

• Locked thread