Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Weapon ranges!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If it's actually £130, then GW can go take a running jump.
I'm not paying that when I only want the rules.
I guess I'll wait for the rules/extra bits to turn up on ebay or something, from the guys who are dumb enough to buy multiple sets to get their hands on the terrain.

If it was the same price as the KillTeam box, I'd consider it, but anything more is just deserving of a middle finger. Maybe not even that much, as I don't know if it's even worth the energy.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

Weapon ranges!
Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to repeat them for each model? Especially when they're armed identically?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pierzak posted:

Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to repeat them for each model? Especially when they're armed identically?

That's the way NM lists look, though, yeah, your gang usually has some weapon variation.

Sluggas look similar to Bolt Pistols, though I'm not seeing an Ammo Roll. I wonder if GW dropped that?

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 17, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Honestly, I'm cool with that.

I wonder just how hefty the book is gonna be.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SteelMentor posted:

Honestly, I'm cool with that.

I wonder just how hefty the book is gonna be.

In the photos, it looks to be about the size of one of the thinner codexes - maybe 85-100 pages?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

mcjomar posted:

I guess I'll wait for the rules/extra bits to turn up on ebay or something, from the guys who are dumb enough to buy multiple sets to get their hands on the terrain.

Yeah that'll be me. I want at least 2 sets of that terrain. It can do double duty for Infinity.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

berzerkmonkey posted:

That's the way NM lists look, though, yeah, your gang usually has some weapon variation.

Sluggas look similar to Bolt Pistols, though I'm not seeing an Ammo Roll. I wonder if GW dropped that?

My guess would be that they dropped ammo rolls, with the fluff justification being that these are units from a standing army instead of gingers, and therefore have better logistics. It would be pretty funny to see Space Marines running out if bolts constantly.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hustlin Floh posted:

these are units from a standing army instead of gingers, and therefore have better logistics.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Hustlin Floh posted:

My guess would be that they dropped ammo rolls, with the fluff justification being that these are units from a standing army instead of gingers, and therefore have better logistics. It would be pretty funny to see Space Marines running out if bolts constantly.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. I'm tired today - burning up too much of the midnight oil to get my stuff done for Adepticon.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

berzerkmonkey posted:

A guy (Malo, one of the Admins) on Yaktribe said he contacted GW and asked if this was a NM reboot. He claims this is the response:

Take it as you will.

I really think this is them testing the waters to see how much people want to see Necromunda back, and this way they can reuse models/artwork to sell it. I think it's a smart move.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I wonder just how different a potential NM reboot would be to this.

Because having Gangers fighting 'Stealer Cults/Orks/Deldar sounds kickin' rad.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can't fault them for testing the waters for Necromunda with this. Like has been said earlier, it lets them use the existing plastic range and cuts down on design time. I'm happy to hear that it won't be a full Necromunda replacement. It's probably a bit stripped-down just because of the variety of gangs/mobs/squads possible.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah, I could completely see GW at some point in the future having FW do the gang sculpts as an addition to the full rule set, rather than an actual NM release.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I hope they do, and I hope the gangs/squads are compatible, because I want my Goliaths to get royally hosed up by some actually trained soldiers, as opposed to my buddy's Van Saars.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
That's the dream. It will be interesting to see if points costs are static across the board, or if "professional" troops wind up costing more than some dreg gangers - especially if they have access to equipment that doesn't blow up on a 6.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hahaha, thanks, autocorrect

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

BEEF SLAMJAW

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

At least he has a face. Baby steps...

A "tactical arena combat" game is not what I was expecting Shadespire to be.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

Big McLargeHuge

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

Roll Fizzlebeef

If it's 'tactical arena combat' does that mean it's essentially an expansion to Gorechosen?

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

SLAB BULKHEAD

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Chunk MeatJaw

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
JAWHAMMER: AGE OF BEEFMAR

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Arena combat? Captured Sigmarines forced into gladiator fights?

edit - His sword is bent. Not even euphemistically.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

goatface posted:

Arena combat? Captured Sigmarines forced into gladiator fights?

Like Bloodbowl, all the factions of warham are willing to put their differences aside when it comes to competitive entertainment :cheeky:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Punch Rockgroin.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Brick Benchpress

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The one looking most alive is the pauldron face.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Pecks Dashingly

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Bust Chestabs

That shouldel pad doesn't look like a lion at all. God drat it, GW artists.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

reef blastbody

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/shadow-war-armageddon-ork-stats-unveiled.html

More stats and stuff.
This looks like not much has changed for the 2nd ed/NM rules.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

That face is awesome AV material

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Hustlin Floh posted:

Momentarily lost in fantasy, being slathered in hot mustard before sliding into his armor to fight the ketchup fiends

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Finished up a commissioned Norse team. The guy told me to paint them as I wished so I went for the obvious choice and did the Minnesota Vikings.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Hustlin Floh posted:

It's kind of like the guy was born without a face and they stuck a too-small sticker of a face on his blank visage.

Edit: Also, nice Vikings!

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

Bulk McGlare

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I didn't realise LucasArts were making adventure games again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

SIR GRIFF VON TINYHEAD