Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The scene with Nine offering Akito sense therapy is adorable.

This whole game just seems really... sweet. Chitose and Nine being sincerely upbeat and warm is actually a breath of fresh air after Touya and especially Hibiki. Touya was just defined by Proper Nouns, but Hibiki was insanely self-serious all the time even when he was being about hope or justice or whatever, and that reflected the mood of Z3, whereas V and Chitose are content to just be nice and love the rest of the cast. It's good originals.

And if you compare Nine directly to AG, well, AG wasn't serious and he was funny but it was always oppositional - AG was either pulling or the butt of a joke. Not to mention AG is a counter-Herald strategic weapon made by/of spiteful, driven geniuses, while Nine is a healing machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Mightgaine baddies should be in more games as a way to lighten the mood. You got from "our world is dead within a year" to "she hates natto a lot" and I love it. I really want the dude who hates drills to be in a game with Gurren Lagann and Gravion so Runa can yell at him as he foams at the mouth.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The best part is that in the show proper they never actually worked together once so them acting like a bunch of squabbling idiots when allied with each other is entirely original to SRWV. I love it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I just want Gravion back.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I'd settle for just arbitrarily bringing Sandman back, because he's the important part.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Gravion without Runa "I♥DRILLS" Gusuku isn't Gravion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

listen if you want proof of this game being like, hopeful and positive and forward-thinking, uh

this is a nicer thought/sentiment than ive seen in a ton of dumb western art games about how being gay is okay, and it's being said by the mc of a fanservice show in a crossover game where robots punch each other

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Davzz posted:

My general rule of thumb tends to be putting in enough cash so that you feel like you got survivability covered and no more, then drop them into weapons if only to make things go faster.

Yeah I usually start by boosting either Armor (for Supers)/Mobility (For reals) and Sight to 50% upgraded when I get a unit I actually have to deploy, but I'm not sure if i want to use them full-time.

I need to get back into the game, haven't touched it in too long already.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm importing custom themes; anyone have a suggestion for the Cross Ange and original people? The other series are either ones I like or have good ideas what I want to put on them.

Also I just got to the choice between Speed and Power. Apparently Power is the one I want?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Man this game is great. Thanks for the advice all.

I have also learned a lot about giant robot animes. Man there seem to be a lot that start as comedies and then go somewhere really weird and dark according to all the bios and series synopsis.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zore posted:

Man this game is great. Thanks for the advice all.

I have also learned a lot about giant robot animes. Man there seem to be a lot that start as comedies and then go somewhere really weird and dark according to all the bios and series synopsis.
Yeah, even Eva started as at least a partial comedy. Back when I cared about actually watching anime and getting anime recommendations from people I heard "starts silly and becomes serious" so many times it seemed to be the only way anime could ever be.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think I may be using my warships a bit much.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The basic controls change so little from one SRW game to the next that there are some small things that have bugged me since the beginning of the Alpha series. In a few scenarios in every game one of your carriers can't move, and if you push R1 or L1, to cycle to the next unit it will select that carrier next every single time when there's nothing it can do. Why is that anyway?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Senerio posted:

Pretty sure it's normal for the Nadesico to be one of your top killers no matter what. It exists to draw in idiots and murder them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Senerio posted:

I'm importing custom themes; anyone have a suggestion for the Cross Ange and original people? The other series are either ones I like or have good ideas what I want to put on them.

Also I just got to the choice between Speed and Power. Apparently Power is the one I want?

Souji pre-upgrade: this one

Souji post-upgrade: this one

Chitose pre-upgrade: this one

Chitose post-upgrade: i had to edit this one to start closer to the part where it picks up but it's good imo

Ange: Any Nana Mizuki songs. The Nanoha OPs, like seven songs from Symphogear. I had this as her battle theme and this as her finisher but nana mizuki has, a lot of songs.

Salia: Give her any magical girl opening. Connect works great since her VA was Sayaka in Madoka. Could also use Kyoko's theme from the madoka psp game if you don't want vocals, but imo vocals are good.

Hilda: I used this because srw needs more rap

Chris, Rosalie: i just used songs from the anarchy reigns ost for them too.

ersha: that's a good question, jc.

Vivian: it has dragon in the title and fits her personality

Salamandinay: it has an ancient jp vibe which fits her and is also a good song.

Tusk: the only reason you'd use him is 40 sp love so that makes sense

Senerio posted:

btw how do you get to that screen?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

The only thing I see wrong is that Okita somehow has less kills than Ruri.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Endorph posted:

btw how do you get to that screen?

Hit Option on the intermission menu and it'll take you to a screen where you can check out emblem progress and such, with a couple selectable options at the bottom, one of which is Top 5 pilots.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

CaptainRat posted:

Hit Option on the intermission menu and it'll take you to a screen where you can check out emblem progress and such, with a couple selectable options at the bottom, one of which is Top 5 pilots.

Alternatively hit Select during a stage and it'll take you to a stat menu and 'Top 5 Pilots' will be one of the options.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pureauthor posted:

The only thing I see wrong is that Okita somehow has less kills than Ruri.

That's mostly because I use the ships for setting up kills when I can. Okita is better at it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Senerio posted:

That's mostly because I use the ships for setting up kills when I can. Okita is better at it.

Every time I try to do that with Okita, he ends up killing the enemy instead...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Supremezero posted:

Every time I try to do that with Okita, he ends up killing the enemy instead...
Okita doesn't gently caress around. He won't let your futile attempts at fixing fights get in his freaking way to Iscandar.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Okita has a setting between "pew pew 200 damage" and "All of the Damage Ever" so he weakened enemies sometimes when the enemies went after the Yamato, as opposed to going after the Nadesico where enemies tended to just kinda implode.

I got 5 Aces on my latest map (the one before I took that picture), but not the FAZZ, which is a shame.

What are good robots to put Ple/Ple Two/Marida in? I want to work on acing them now that I've aced a bunch of units.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

Okita has a setting between "pew pew 200 damage" and "All of the Damage Ever" so he weakened enemies sometimes when the enemies went after the Yamato, as opposed to going after the Nadesico where enemies tended to just kinda implode.

I got 5 Aces on my latest map (the one before I took that picture), but not the FAZZ, which is a shame.

What are good robots to put Ple/Ple Two/Marida in? I want to work on acing them now that I've aced a bunch of units.

Ple/Ple Two/Marida all are good pilots for the Xi Gundam since their Cyber (or in Puru regular) Newtype levels tend to be enough for it.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I forgot to put Hit and Away on my battleship mains so I usually end up not getting lots of kills on them. I finally remembered to give it to Ruri and she's gotten more kills now, but she's not close to ace. I will probably end up acing Bright before I ace the others though.

Here are my current top 5. (On the last level of the Return to AD dimension split). Kinda worried how my acing is going to go, but I'll probably have Ryouma and some UC guys get ace pretty soon after they return to my party.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you start getting tons of aces around the mid 40s in terms of stages, it really isn't a big deal to get the 25 you need, especially if you burn some TacP on buying proud ace for guys who are floating near 50.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
25 Aces isn't the real requirement that's hard to get for the True ending, it's using the Wave Motion Gun. Because nobody goes and thinks "Let's actually use the Wave Motion Gun".

Particularly if you know the Yamato plot and are aware that Starsha throws a fit about the Yamato having and using it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

25 Aces isn't the real requirement that's hard to get for the True ending, it's using the Wave Motion Gun. Because nobody goes and thinks "Let's actually use the Wave Motion Gun".

Particularly if you know the Yamato plot and are aware that Starsha throws a fit about the Yamato having and using it.
i used it because it was an infinite range map attack in a map with like 50 enemies

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
What determines if your dude initiates his counterattack first? I've seen it happen a couple times already.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revitalized posted:

What determines if your dude initiates his counterattack first? I've seen it happen a couple times already.
There's a skill that does it. Full Counter.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Revitalized posted:

It also happens if you counter with a C weapon.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Cool thanks.

Also I should probably ask, what are the consequences of losing a unit during a stage?

Also does this game get harder if you complete more SR points? I could have sworn I read something that amounted to that, and it says Mode: Hard but I don't remember picking that.

edit: eh balls. I forgot to use the code that came with it and install the DLC for the huckbein and grungust. I'm past that part now.

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 19, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Revitalized posted:

Cool thanks.

Also I should probably ask, what are the consequences of losing a unit during a stage?

Also does this game get harder if you complete more SR points? I could have sworn I read something that amounted to that, and it says Mode: Hard but I don't remember picking that.

edit: eh balls. I forgot to use the code that came with it and install the DLC for the huckbein and grungust. I'm past that part now.

Spend money.

Yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you just get docked a small amount of money for every unit lost during a stage.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Do the pilots keep the experience they earned in that stage if they went kaput during it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revitalized posted:

Do the pilots keep the experience they earned in that stage if they went kaput during it?
Yeah. Kills, too. Literally the only penalty is paying up a little.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
You can still get the SR point if you fail? I thought they stopped doing that after OG1.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Senerio posted:

It's okay, we all have addictions we can't explain.

(Seriously though Salamandinay is ludicrous if you throw some range up parts on her. Her ultimate attack is hilariously cheap with the custom bonus, so you can just plop her down in enemy territory and she'll dodge and infinitely counter with it. You have to work hard to run her out of EN.)

Also I'm disappointed that secrets just aren't auto carryover, at least from what I can tell. I didn't get Penelope in my second run. :smith:

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I wish Mao in V could be as much of a killer as she was for me in Z3.

Asuka is behind Ryoma.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Is the Banshee like the Unicorn/Z/ZZ/nu/etc in that Riddhe is the only one who can unlock his potential or can I toss any newtype I want in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Senerio posted:

Is the Banshee like the Unicorn/Z/ZZ/nu/etc in that Riddhe is the only one who can unlock his potential or can I toss any newtype I want in there?
Stat-wise she's inferior of course but Ple can use the Nu's all-range attack. She doesn't say "Funnel! No wait, fin funnel!" anymore though which disappointed me.

• Locked thread